Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snipe got the wrecking blow treatment

• Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Snipe needs a nerf for sure..

But this is a bug. The only way they could leave this as-is would require them to fix tab-targeting/

At present anybody walking in front of you at any point in the channel would break the snipe.

This was not a bug, it was intended to be "action combat". There's no reason you should be able to snipe someone w/o looking at them.

And yes, I use a bow and I love how it now works as such.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Fix this bug before we get the update on console if i cant use the only attack that does decent damage with my bow i'm seriously done with this game we better not have to wait months for snipe to get fixed either if you guys break it with the next update on console you guys *** up poison injection and we had to wait months for a fix on console this better not be the same way

I feel the same. Haven’t been on and won’t be till its fixed. The fact that someone can walk in front of my target as i’m sniping and cancel my attack is just painful
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »
    Wow I like this! So you actually have to use eye joystic or mouse coordination not just spam 3 to 4 Snipes while looking at the sky lol I hope this is intended so snipers have some sort of engagement :D bc just pressing one button land as many as you can even when your opponent just tried to outplay you by Los it's kinda of ridiculous...(edit) Wrecking blow yeah that one you actually have to engage in combat taking guarantee damage so it needs a buff imo better targeting... But not snipe lol not with the evasion changes on med.

Imagine if you always had to keep a target in your reticule for your jesus beam you friggin ogre

That would be horrendous!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    Snipe needs a nerf for sure..

But this is a bug. The only way they could leave this as-is would require them to fix tab-targeting/

At present anybody walking in front of you at any point in the channel would break the snipe.

This was not a bug, it was intended to be "action combat". There's no reason you should be able to snipe someone w/o looking at them.

And yes, I use a bow and I love how it now works as such.

the developers admitted in writing that this not only was Not intended, but they also reverted it to correct the glitched and incorrectly functioning targeting.

you don't believe me?
    well here is the quote:

Quote:
    patch note:
    "Fixed an issue where single-target cast time abilities, such as Uppercut or Dark Flare, would cancel the cast immediately if you did not keep your target within your reticle during the entire cast time.
    Developer Comment:
    Spoiler
    We never intended to change single-target cast time abilities in this way; this was caused from an unrelated bug fix in the previous patch."
    End Quote:

source:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/443312/pc-mac-patch-notes-v4-2-6#latest