Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snipe got the wrecking blow treatment

Zeromaz
Zeromaz
✭✭✭✭
If i use snipe i have to keep that target in my reticle the entire cast time or it will not fire an arrow... in pvp, if another target walks in front of the person i’m casting my snipe on, it will fail. What the heck is going on here?

How has ZOS introduced so much garbage this patch? I’ll answer... because they go for quantity over quality. Its pathetic
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? This is actually wonderful news!
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

I figured some people would be delighted hahaha
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They ruined dizzy swing and snipe.

It’s part of the jabs “fix”
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

It suddenly all makes sense now! Whats up Thogard. Hows the patch been for you?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

Just migrating from one type of cheese to another.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, it seems like the hit box is smaller. I haven't tested to see if tab targeting helps. Has anyone else?
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    just change to dw enchant proc
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just migrating from one type of cheese to another.

Uncle Sheo approves.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank god.

Hope they fix d swing!
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    same with a lot of skills in the game now since the last update, the easiest to test is with jabs...
  • Heimdarm
    Heimdarm
    ✭✭✭
    If i use snipe i have to keep that target in my reticle the entire cast time or it will not fire an arrow... in pvp, if another target walks in front of the person i’m casting my snipe on, it will fail. What the heck is going on here?

How has ZOS introduced so much garbage this patch? I’ll answer... because they go for quantity over quality. Its pathetic

Is it a bug or a feature?

Some players on forums talk about it as a bug, some are suggesting it's working as intended after the update.

I want a good bow/bow character for pvp, and that skill was important in all the builds I found on the net. I am thinking on replacing it with scatter shot and the Razor Shot bow from the new dlc arena and try to find 2 good sets for it, but I tihnk it will be weaker for sure...
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's actually pretty good news lolz

THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really??? I'm going to love how cyrodiil will be void of players

Burn it down, When nothing is left but ashes... start crying about ashes.
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that i dont want ZOS to fix.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Man this is Good news, snipe spammers should of never been a thing!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix dizzying but keep snipe as it is
  • Sabbathius
    Sabbathius
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no pleasing people.

"OMG this game is too easy, it takes no skill!"

< change game to require basic aiming skill >

"OMG, this game is too hard, it requires skill!"
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no it's not Good News.
    snipe needs a buff to both damage AND speed.
    and this glitch / bugg / brocken mechanic needs to be fixed.

those of us whom are range builds are just as good as the other builds.
    we do damage at range and from a distance, range builds are viable and not only needed but also an entire skill line given to us called "bow"

quite often we see people insulting and degrading our bow abilities needlessly.
    but the fact of the matter remains that bow is essential and viable.

i prefer being able to directly target an enemy instead of being forced to hit multiple enemies that got in my line of sight.

i wish we had a better targeting system that allows me to be more specific and consistent in whom i attack.

when i make an attempt to snipe it is either slowed down incredibly or it is only taken half way and then stopped because the target moved while i was in the middle of the animation.
    i hope that is changed to at-least allow us bow and range builds to have a chance to hit the targets that we are aiming at and also allow us to inflict damage as often and as quickly as hand to hand and upclose builds are able to.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no it's not Good News.

we do damage at range and from a distance, range builds are viable and not only needed but also an entire skill line given to us called "bow"

i prefer being able to directly target an enemy instead of being forced to hit multiple enemies that got in my line of sight.

i wish we had a better targeting system that allows me to be more specific and consistent in whom i attack.

when i make an attempt to snipe it is either slowed down incredibly or it is only taken half way and then stopped because the target moved while i was in the middle of the animation.
    i hope that is changed to at-least allow us bow and range builds to have a chance to hit the targets that we are aiming at and also allow us to inflict damage as often and as quickly as hand to hand and upclose builds are able to.

why should a 40 meter ability do as much damage as dizzying swing?
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

no it's not Good News.

Why should dizzying swing do as much damage as snipe?
    Why does dizzying swing have a 7m range (23 feet)?
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

no it's not Good News.

Because the dizzying swing is in a zerg the snipe is not ig. :)
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no it's not Good News.

Is this guy serious?
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Laggus wrote: »

no it's not Good News.

These are both valid questions.

Dizzy should do as much damage as snipe and have it's range increased to 40m. Thanks.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laggus wrote: »

no it's not Good News.

well said.
    your questions are inline and make sence, at no time should people be able to hit with a 2 hander that same length and distance as a bow or a cast ability.

toe to toe damage weapons should not be able to have the same range as a bow or spell.

Edited by Gilvoth on October 28, 2018 6:59PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no it's not Good News.

Is this guy serious?

yes.
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭

no it's not Good News.

Zergling
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you fix wrecking blow then please include a snipe fix as well.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭

Not once, have I ever had 5 wrecking blows on my death recap that I never even saw coming. They are not remotely comparable.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not once, have I ever had 5 wrecking blows on my death recap that I never even saw coming. They are not remotely comparable.

This is kind of conflating two separate issues. Snipe has a health desync bug that has needed to be fixed for ages. This is the primary cause for all the hate it gets and rightfully so. But when the skill works as intended it is is not that strong - it can be dodged, reflected, blocked, and interrupted. It sounds like this new change makes it a lot harder to use for bow primary users - which is a weak setup that is quite difficult to play already in pve and pvp.
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭

Neither has any bow build because they are usually dead after 2 WB's!!