Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Raise group cap

crazy_catman21
crazy_catman21
✭✭✭
As title says, I think that the group size limit should be lifted in cyrodil. 24 people just isn’t enough nowadays & I think it would be more fun to play with 32 or more. Cyrodil was meant to be played in a large group, so why should there be a group limit? :)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this is sarcasm. Lower it to 12.
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

I mean what reason do you have to want to limit/lower how many friends can play together?
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice troll 10/10
    NA-PC
    Ballgroup enjoyer also known as the best ballgroup player.
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    enzoisadog wrote: »
    Nice troll 10/10

I’m serious, it’s quite annoying having to be in 2 groups & use guild chat. Hard to coordinate 30+ ppl when half can’t see crown
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice troll 10/10

I’m serious, it’s quite annoying having to be in 2 groups & use guild chat. Hard to coordinate 30+ ppl when half can’t see crown

Are you part of army of the pact or something?
    NA-PC
    Ballgroup enjoyer also known as the best ballgroup player.
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pure nightmare fuel, fitting for Halloween I guess.
    Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1

More pugs to farm. :)
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *** no. If anything they need to be smaller. The servers are struggling as it is.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice troll 10/10

Stand in the oils, that's where your raid is.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** no.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

I mean what reason do you have to want to limit/lower how many friends can play together?

In the event you are half way serious, form two groups if you want. The largest groups in Cyrodiil used to from three groups sometimes.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just put everyone on the server in one group. That's how people run anyway.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since your request is unlikely to get much traction, OP, allow me to suggest:

You could try just having the "leaders" and important members of your squads in your actual group, that way you can all see each other on the map and in battle and whatnot; and just have the lower rank players assigned to follow a certain player's lead. Not everyone who's on your side or in your assault group needs to be in your actual group group, know what I mean?

Sort of like how randoms will sometimes just follow you around if they see you doing well, and suddenly you're leading a mini zerg of strangers against your will who aren't even in your group. Only, you know... doing that on purpose. If y'all are in discord anyway, it shouldn't be hard. Split people up, tell them who to stick with, and there ya go, right?

Have your squad leaders wear certain colors/silly hats/distinctive uniforms, or ride flashy mounts, or whatever. Like how Reagan used to ride a velociraptor into battle. (History is so neat!)
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24 has evolved to be a really good middle ground between tryhard someVx and a horde of 60 players. It lets people form into formidable teams that can pull coordinated efforts without going so overboard as to directly encourage and enable the sort of play that causes so many of our lag issues. Thus I'm going to say "no thanks" to bumping up larger group sizes. If you want to run with more people than that then at some point we need a cutoff where the game no longer rewards you for it beyond the advantages already gained by stacking so deep. Have your raid lead wear a big white costume and everyone else wear black and there ya go, now everyone can follow leader even without crown.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Only if they also add player collision.
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want max 12 people groups.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    *** no. If anything they need to be smaller. The servers are struggling as it is.

^ This
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My reaction when OP means it unironically

96vpa50zuviz.png
    Edited by ATomiX96 on October 27, 2018 9:51AM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just NO.
    Lower it to 10 or 12.
    Too many mindless ballgroups scrubbing around cyrodiil as it is now.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    uh. alright then.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this is a good idea, until the group raid bars cover the entire screen.
  • Syhae
    Syhae
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I don't think anyone is for that. Groups are already too big.
    Reduce cap to 12, prevent players outside of your group from getting AoE heals a member in your group casts.
    @Syhae
    Lil Fruitsnack - DC Stamina Templar
    Syhae - EP Stamina Warden
    Syh-Ko - EP Stamina Nightblade
    ANIMOSITY
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Running 24 people causes server lag. Reduce group size to 6 in pvp.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW everyone they will literally never reduce the group cap to 12, all of the high-end PvP guilds grew up with the 24 cap and ZOS isn't going to do anything to jeopardize our camaraderie by making us break into two smaller groups. It is pure fantasy and would be bad for the game.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    BTW everyone they will literally never reduce the group cap to 12, all of the high-end PvP guilds grew up with the 24 cap and ZOS isn't going to do anything to jeopardize our camaraderie by making us break into two smaller groups. It is pure fantasy and would be bad for the game.

There really aren't that many large 24 man groups and the ones that exist really don't mind running two 24 man groups together. IF they nerfed the group size people would just run more groups together.

Pugs wouldn't give a crap about this type of change and it might actually improve overall server performance if people ran smaller groups.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There really aren't that many large 24 man groups and the ones that exist really don't mind running two 24 man groups together. IF they nerfed the group size people would just run more groups together.

Pugs wouldn't give a crap about this type of change and it might actually improve overall server performance if people ran smaller groups.

What server are you on? PC NA has Fantasia, Iron Legion, Dracarys, Legions of Mordor, Guardians of Daggerfall, Blood of Daggerfall, and more who run more than 12 but less than 25. The only guild I can think of that ever runs two 24-person guilds at once is Pact Militia (and maybe Ruin Gaming but they're a pug whisperer guild so I don't keep track of them much). I know for Fantasia we regularly run with 16 and when the stars and schedules align we can actually hit the full 24 cap. Each one of us is a valued team member and we would be absolutely loathe to drop anyone because some people on the forums had bad ideas about group size.

Also your argument is internally inconsistent. If groups already "don't mind running two 24 man groups together" then how does splitting it into four 12-person groups change anything? They still won't mind stacking together. The only thing that would be accomplished by capping groups at 12 is disrupting existing guild cohesion and completely destroying what's left of the competitive Cyrodiil play.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best troll post 2018
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also your argument is internally inconsistent. If groups already "don't mind running two 24 man groups together" then how does splitting it into four 12-person groups change anything? They still won't mind stacking together. The only thing that would be accomplished by capping groups at 12 is disrupting existing guild cohesion and completely destroying what's left of the competitive Cyrodiil play.

Because there is a coordination cost to doing so. It's a lot easier to lead 1x24 player groups than 2x12, but the latter is doable without significantly reducing effectiveness. Running 4x12 (remember white dress daniel with 4x24?) would probably be prohibitive as the detriments, imo, would outweight the benefits -- which would be a good thing.

IMO ZOS made a crucial error in setting the group cap at 24 in Cyrodiil. I have always felt this way, even when I ran in groups that large. The particular guilds I was in didn't actually want to run that big, but felt they had to because at the time there were so many others doing so and others that stacked raids.

I think lowering the cap would take some stress off some guilds as many ultimately fail because they can't get enough players on. It may also encourage smaller groups because a strong 8 man group would be competitive against an average 12 player group.

I like the vision expressed by some in the past of a battlefield composed of many smaller groups fighting alongside each other vs a few large raids dominating.