Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 17, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Raise group cap

  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I disagree with you. The destro earthgore meta is absolute cheese. This is not harder. Weaker guilds more powerful abilities.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sacredx wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    For example. In a group of 4, if you have one healer and he goes down your done.

    Here is what a person agreeing with you said:
    montiferus wrote: »
    @ShadowProc

    Well said. Couldn't agree more. Our group doesn't run with a healer at all just 3-5 DDs. The one time we tried we were cracking up at how easy the game was. Didn't even seem fair TBH.

    Notice the 3 to 5 group size running no healer part? Notice how he said how easy it was. Your statement of if the healer goes down you're done is false.
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    In a group of say 16 you will have 2 healers maybe 3 depending on quality. If one goes down you wont necessarily wipe. The group will go defensive and focus on getting them up. Same if your Rapids spammer goes down.

    If one heal or one dps goes down, of course you won't necessarily wipe. That goes for any group size. But what it does is have a huge effect on group performance. Organised groups have players with roles. If the group looses a role that's like loosing an arm. The group performance takes a huge dive and it cannot function at before. The whole argument of "the group will go defensive" can apply to any size, it has nothing to do with 12+ or 16.
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Is it hard fighting outnumbered with 16 to 24? Absolutely when you take on the fights say Drac or Fantasia do. But do not pretend that it is more difficult than a small group or solo. You make a mistake it's over. Period.

    All you did was put some words together and called my opinion a mistake. You have not put in any evidence to back up your claim what so ever. Next time prove your words. Until then it's just small talk.
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    You in a large group and make a mistake, that is not true against fighting pugs outnumbered and probably not against a guild unless the are top tier.

    This doesn't even make sense. Check your grammar or rephrase the paragraph so that people can understand it.
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    And let's be honest. How many top tier guilds are left? Compared to three years ago. No one should be bragging or posting videos about fighting these days. It was WAY HARDER 2 to 3 years ago.

    Way harder to do what? To fight pugs, to fight other guilds? 16 man group vs 50 pugs then and now? Saying that it was way harder is relative to the challenge the group faces. It can be way harder fighting 60 pugs rather than 40. Your statement is meaningless without a proper example and proof.

    For reference what guild are you in?
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    For reference what guild are you in?

    Look down
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    It was WAY HARDER 2 to 3 years ago.

    This is absolutely incorrect. 2-3 years ago was some of the easiest times to be a coordinated group.

    1) you had perma rapids across all group without needing to dedicate someone to this role. it didnt drop when you healed only damaged, as soon as you want to disengage just stop dmg cast it couple of times and done.

    2) you had Purge hitting all 24 people + pugs / 2nd groups

    3) you had barriers stacking

    4) Depending how far back - you had no VD proc's to kill you if you stacked too tightly

    5) you had AOE caps either preventing or greatly reducing the damage you took individually.

    6) you could break free from negate

    All of these meant that it was so easy to run groups. This is why there were so many groups running and enjoying their success.

    When it got harder to do this as everything there got removed slowly you see groups dieing and dropping out of the game.

    Now the only benefit groups got recently to having lost all of the above is earthgore. Which in itself has been nerfed to the point where it outputs less healing than other sets in the game. Yes it can assist you if your group is being burst down preventing some smaller groups who only have one burst cycle from being as effective but it does almost nothing against groups which have 2 burst cycles or just simply know how to play against it.




    I assumed he meant in terms of the level of competition not actual game mechanics.

    And it is true, there was far more 'variety' in a conversation regarding top teir guilds 2 years ago compared to today.

    I was. Besides Drac, fantasia, who else is there?

    Actually let's put the cards on the table
    Who actually even remotely challenges you guys straight up anymore?

    It's like taking the all star off every team in the NBA (Warriors) and then saying it's a competitive league. Making videos of it and trying to justify how hard it is.

    Orginally it was a great league. Talent spread across multiple teams. Now its consolidated on 3 teams. Mostly the Warriors though.

    You can fool new players but you cannot fool me. I can appreciate going into a AD DC fight and take on both. But it stops there.

    But that does not change the fact that it is way more skill full to play solo than groups.

    I have had literally 10 former top tier raid players message me and thank me and agree with me for speaking up. All of which agree that once they went solo or small none would go back to more than 4. It is way more challenging.

    No one has countered what I said. Solo or less than 4 there is not any earthgore procs, rememberencies, or Rapids spammers to save your butt.

    To be clear Izzy I am not saying I am a better player than you or all of Drac. You have beat me straight up solo. But your playstyle is easier than solo. That's what I am arguing.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sacredx wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    For reference what guild are you in?

    Look down

    Come on man. I have seen you guys play in your time zone. There is NO ONE to oppose you. You guys are good but there is little challenge to you guys.

    Soloing is a joke. My kill death ratio goes way up. The Japanese and those in that slot are way easier to fight.

    No one even dents you guys.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Actually I disagree with you. The destro earthgore meta is absolute cheese. This is not harder. Weaker guilds more powerful abilities.

    Idk how it was on NA back in those times, I played EU with Banana Squad and some other guilds. I'm fairly sure our 8m back then would have given any guild here decent run for their money :)

    You might want to watch this for some history on group metas: because you are really mistaken on a lot of topics imo.

    If you compare a 24m from game lauch to one now, at game launch they were almost invincible regardless of level of play. Now they can be killed in under 8s even with good gameplay sometimes :)

    I appreciate your thoughts about our guild being strong currently though.

    Maybe the easiest resolution is to say that you can't really compare exactly solo gameplay to group gameplay in terms of difficulty. Both have their challenges.

    For example you could probs kill 3 low CP guys without much challenge and say that 'soloing is easy' but if you fight 3 decent players / players using annoying sets etc.. then you could say 'oh soloing is so hard'

    Its the same for groups. Sure if you fight pugs it can be easy, if you fight people who know what they are doing its more challenging.

    Especially if you are outnumbered in the same manner at the time.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on October 31, 2018 2:33AM
    NA ~ Izanerys (NB/Templar/Sorc): Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi (NB/Sorc): Zerg Squad / Banana Squad
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Actually I disagree with you. The destro earthgore meta is absolute cheese. This is not harder. Weaker guilds more powerful abilities.

    Idk how it was on NA back in those times, I played EU with Banana Squad and some other guilds. I'm fairly sure our 8m back then would have given any guild here decent run for their money :)

    You might want to watch this for some history on group metas: because you are really mistaken on a lot of topics imo.

    If you compare a 24m from game lauch to one now, at game launch they were almost invincible regardless of level of play. Now they can be killed in under 8s even with good gameplay sometimes :)

    I appreciate your thoughts about our guild being strong currently though.

    Maybe the easiest resolution is to say that you can't really compare exactly solo gameplay to group gameplay in terms of difficulty. Both have their challenges.

    For example you could probs kill 3 low CP guys without much challenge and say that 'soloing is easy' but if you fight 3 decent players / players using annoying sets etc.. then you could say 'oh soloing is so hard'

    Its the same for groups. Sure if you fight pugs it can be easy, if you fight people who know what they are doing its more challenging.

    Especially if you are outnumbered in the same manner at the time.

    You didn't answer the question. What guild challenges you guys?
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dammit you got me off track. Lol

    This is about solo or large scale being harder. Solo by miles
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Dammit you got me off track. Lol

    This is about solo or large scale being harder. Solo by miles

    Actually this thread is about group cap size. Maybe start your own thread.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sacredx wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Dammit you got me off track. Lol

    This is about solo or large scale being harder. Solo by miles

    Actually this thread is about group cap size. Maybe start your own thread.

    Which is part of the discussion and relevant.

    It's already easy enough with a group size of 24. It should be lowered due to it being WAY HARDER SOLO ENOUGH AS IT IS.

    did I speak slowly enough?
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sacredx wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    For example. In a group of 4, if you have one healer and he goes down your done.

    Here is what a person agreeing with you said:
    montiferus wrote: »
    @ShadowProc

    Well said. Couldn't agree more. Our group doesn't run with a healer at all just 3-5 DDs. The one time we tried we were cracking up at how easy the game was. Didn't even seem fair TBH.

    Notice the 3 to 5 group size running no healer part? Notice how he said how easy it was. Your statement of if the healer goes down you're done is false.

    I am not sure if this was intentional or not but you are misconstruing my point. My point was that as you add people to the group the game becomes easier. When you add a healer it becomes even easier meaning that these large groups who run with multiple healers are playing it on easy mode compared to us. We run 3-5 all stamina and most of us in medium armor. If we make one mistake we are dead. All it took was adding one healer to realize what a joke large group play is. You have so much more room for error. In fact we didn't invite the healer back after that test run. Way more challenging to go without one.

    I am not going to contribute to this thread anymore because I can tell it is a waste of time. At the end of the day my point is its a hell of a lot easier to play in a larger group.
    Edited by montiferus on October 31, 2018 3:19AM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think solo vs group is apples and oranges. I've known incredibly skilled gamers who are amazing in 1v1s, but mediocre in team play.

    If we look at pro sports, there are amateur basketball players with incredible handles who can wreck NBA players 1v1, but don't have the range of attributes necessary to play professionally and therefore have normal jobs. Meanwhile, NBA role players who don't get recognized in public earn millions because they're solid, reliable players. The truth is that those role players are more skilled overall at the game of basketball and the amateur is only good at a subset of the game that's flashy and stands out.

    I know of a fair number of ESO players who seemed to lack skills when they only played in large groups, but after they applied themselves to solo or small group play, they did quite well. If one spends the majority of their time developing large group skills, it stands to reason that they may be lackluster in other areas compared to players who specialize in them; but it doesn't mean they're incapable of it. I also know of skilled solo players who were constantly out of position and overextending when I saw them in groups.
    Edited by zyk on October 31, 2018 3:32AM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . . when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you"
    pvp videos: eso zyk on youtube
    enjin profile
    66
    I played Brutus at school once, and I was the one everybody stabbed
    lives · lived · will live - dies · died · will die
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I think solo vs group is apples and oranges. I've known incredibly skilled gamers who are amazing in 1v1s, but mediocre in team play.

    If we look at pro sports, there are amateur basketball players with incredible handles who can wreck NBA players 1v1, but don't have the range of attributes necessary to play professionally and therefore have normal jobs. Meanwhile, NBA role players who don't get recognized in public earn millions because they're solid, reliable players. The truth is that those role players are more skilled overall at the game of basketball and the amateur is only good at a subset of the game that's flashy and stands out.

    I know of a fair number of ESO players who seemed to lack skills when they only played in large groups, but after they applied themselves to solo or small group play, they did quite well. If one spends the majority of their time developing large group skills, it stands to reason that they may be lackluster in other areas compared to players who specialize in them; but it doesn't mean they're incapable of it. I also know of skilled solo players who were constantly out of position and overextending when I saw them in groups.

    Pretty much this. Even in our raids we have exceptional 1vxers who can solo or duo no problems but when it comes to group play fall behind the rest and overextend and end up dieing. Apples and oranges.

    Solo, small scale and raid are all different forms of pvp that offer their own sets of challenges. There is no correlation.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sacredx wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    I think solo vs group is apples and oranges. I've known incredibly skilled gamers who are amazing in 1v1s, but mediocre in team play.

    If we look at pro sports, there are amateur basketball players with incredible handles who can wreck NBA players 1v1, but don't have the range of attributes necessary to play professionally and therefore have normal jobs. Meanwhile, NBA role players who don't get recognized in public earn millions because they're solid, reliable players. The truth is that those role players are more skilled overall at the game of basketball and the amateur is only good at a subset of the game that's flashy and stands out.

    I know of a fair number of ESO players who seemed to lack skills when they only played in large groups, but after they applied themselves to solo or small group play, they did quite well. If one spends the majority of their time developing large group skills, it stands to reason that they may be lackluster in other areas compared to players who specialize in them; but it doesn't mean they're incapable of it. I also know of skilled solo players who were constantly out of position and overextending when I saw them in groups.

    Pretty much this. Even in our raids we have exceptional 1vxers who can solo or duo no problems but when it comes to group play fall behind the rest and overextend and end up dieing. Apples and oranges.

    Solo, small scale and raid are all different forms of pvp that offer their own sets of challenges. There is no correlation.

    Omg. There you have it. Staying close to crown is the measure of difficulty! You cant be serious? There is larger crown add ons you know to fix those elite 1vxers. :)
    Edited by ShadowProc on October 31, 2018 4:37AM
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Sacredx wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    I think solo vs group is apples and oranges. I've known incredibly skilled gamers who are amazing in 1v1s, but mediocre in team play.

    If we look at pro sports, there are amateur basketball players with incredible handles who can wreck NBA players 1v1, but don't have the range of attributes necessary to play professionally and therefore have normal jobs. Meanwhile, NBA role players who don't get recognized in public earn millions because they're solid, reliable players. The truth is that those role players are more skilled overall at the game of basketball and the amateur is only good at a subset of the game that's flashy and stands out.

    I know of a fair number of ESO players who seemed to lack skills when they only played in large groups, but after they applied themselves to solo or small group play, they did quite well. If one spends the majority of their time developing large group skills, it stands to reason that they may be lackluster in other areas compared to players who specialize in them; but it doesn't mean they're incapable of it. I also know of skilled solo players who were constantly out of position and overextending when I saw them in groups.

    Pretty much this. Even in our raids we have exceptional 1vxers who can solo or duo no problems but when it comes to group play fall behind the rest and overextend and end up dieing. Apples and oranges.

    Solo, small scale and raid are all different forms of pvp that offer their own sets of challenges. There is no correlation.

    Omg. There you have it. Staying close to crown is the measure of difficulty! You cant be serious? There is larger crown add ons you know to fix those elite 1vxers. :)

    You think that this has not been raised before? That staying on crown is something that players don't know or that they have no clue about addons? That's a really low blow.

    We say to stay on crown repeatedly, we check addons, we do all the preparation in the world to run a smooth raid. That still does not change the mentality of the player. If they are used to 1vx behaviour then they will still try to behave like a 1vxer even in raid. The only way to get the best out of a player is to play over and over in their chosen mode (solo, 1vx, group or raid). Experience wins over everything else. This is basics 101 here. I won't be posting any more responses regarding this.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't quote for love or money but no argument from me @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO - K-Hole in its prime vs Banana Squad would have been a hell of a lot of fun!
    Edited by MaximillianDiE on October 31, 2018 6:33AM
    Maximillian Die Caesar - (DK) - DC - Alliance Overlord II [K-Hole]
    Maximillian (Sorc) - AD - Alliance War Tribune[DiE]
    Mäximillian - (Stamplar) - EP - Alliance Nub
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if it would be way harder to play in 1vX, some people are simply not interested to invest time into it because that playstyle is just extremely frustrating, aggravating and irritating in the end unless you play a stamblade or a magsorc. Talking from experience and also from watching streamers or hear the commentary of people actively practicing that playstyle. 75% of of the time you hear them complaining about getting zerged down and trash talking against their opponent. Whenever we play in a group of 12-16, most of our time is spent having fun.

    The only real problem is when the server starts lagging like crazy because it cannot support that many players (population cap is still too high). Other than that we usually have a blast and a good laugh all evening long.
    Edited by frozywozy on October 31, 2018 9:34AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR30
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR14
    www.twitch.tv/frozyeso
    In the end.. EP WINS!!!
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Change Retreating Maneuvers to apply only to 12 players and give it the Streak treatment
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Increase Forward Momentum snare immunity duration to 8 seconds
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Add an escape move to templars other than mist form
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack
    • Make snares only available from ground effects
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Wtb dynamic population
    • Fix long loading screens
    • Bring ResSickness
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix server lag
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Even if it would be way harder to play in 1vX, some people are simply not interested to invest time into it because that playstyle is just extremely frustrating, aggravating and irritating in the end unless you play a stamblade or a magsorc. Talking from experience and also from watching streamers or hear the commentary of people actively practicing that playstyle. 75% of of the time you hear them complaining about getting zerged down and trash talking against their opponent. Whenever we play in a group of 12-16, most of our time is spent having fun.

    The only real problem is when the server starts lagging like crazy because it cannot support that many players (population cap is still too high). Other than that we usually have a blast and a good laugh all evening long.

    Your having fun because you all are laughing at all the pugs you are destroying because it's way to easy. 95% of the time it's way to easy because its pug stomping

    But then every once in awhile you might meet a good guild and have a little bit of a challenge.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Even if it would be way harder to play in 1vX, some people are simply not interested to invest time into it because that playstyle is just extremely frustrating, aggravating and irritating in the end unless you play a stamblade or a magsorc. Talking from experience and also from watching streamers or hear the commentary of people actively practicing that playstyle. 75% of of the time you hear them complaining about getting zerged down and trash talking against their opponent. Whenever we play in a group of 12-16, most of our time is spent having fun.

    The only real problem is when the server starts lagging like crazy because it cannot support that many players (population cap is still too high). Other than that we usually have a blast and a good laugh all evening long.

    Your having fun because you all are laughing at all the pugs you are destroying because it's way to easy. 95% of the time it's way to easy because its pug stomping

    But then every once in awhile you might meet a good guild and have a little bit of a challenge.

    Let's say you're right and it's easy. Is it easy because pugs are bad are because we're too good?
    If the pugs are bad, what do you suggest would be a good approach to assist them?
    If we're too good, thanks for the compliment.
    Edited by frozywozy on October 31, 2018 2:06PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR30
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR14
    www.twitch.tv/frozyeso
    In the end.. EP WINS!!!
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Change Retreating Maneuvers to apply only to 12 players and give it the Streak treatment
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Increase Forward Momentum snare immunity duration to 8 seconds
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Add an escape move to templars other than mist form
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack
    • Make snares only available from ground effects
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Wtb dynamic population
    • Fix long loading screens
    • Bring ResSickness
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix server lag
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Even if it would be way harder to play in 1vX, some people are simply not interested to invest time into it because that playstyle is just extremely frustrating, aggravating and irritating in the end unless you play a stamblade or a magsorc. Talking from experience and also from watching streamers or hear the commentary of people actively practicing that playstyle. 75% of of the time you hear them complaining about getting zerged down and trash talking against their opponent. Whenever we play in a group of 12-16, most of our time is spent having fun.

    The only real problem is when the server starts lagging like crazy because it cannot support that many players (population cap is still too high). Other than that we usually have a blast and a good laugh all evening long.

    Your having fun because you all are laughing at all the pugs you are destroying because it's way to easy. 95% of the time it's way to easy because its pug stomping

    But then every once in awhile you might meet a good guild and have a little bit of a challenge.

    Let's say you're right and it's easy. Is it easy because pugs are bad are because we're too good?
    If the pugs are bad, what do you suggest would be a good approach to assist them?
    If we're too good, thanks for the compliment.

    Lower the group cap. 12 at most. Prefer 8. If the population cap has been decreased so much, the group cap should have been as well.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Even if it would be way harder to play in 1vX, some people are simply not interested to invest time into it because that playstyle is just extremely frustrating, aggravating and irritating in the end unless you play a stamblade or a magsorc. Talking from experience and also from watching streamers or hear the commentary of people actively practicing that playstyle. 75% of of the time you hear them complaining about getting zerged down and trash talking against their opponent. Whenever we play in a group of 12-16, most of our time is spent having fun.

    The only real problem is when the server starts lagging like crazy because it cannot support that many players (population cap is still too high). Other than that we usually have a blast and a good laugh all evening long.

    Your having fun because you all are laughing at all the pugs you are destroying because it's way to easy. 95% of the time it's way to easy because its pug stomping

    But then every once in awhile you might meet a good guild and have a little bit of a challenge.

    Let's say you're right and it's easy. Is it easy because pugs are bad are because we're too good?
    If the pugs are bad, what do you suggest would be a good approach to assist them?
    If we're too good, thanks for the compliment.

    Lower the group cap. 12 at most. Prefer 8. If the population cap has been decreased so much, the group cap should have been as well.

    I agree about lowering the group cap but not for the same reasons. I believe that having a group cap of 12 to 16 would help performances. From my own experience, when all popupations are maxed and there is at least one group running a 24men somewhere, it is unplayable.

    On the other end, I am not sure how decreasing the group cap is going to help pugs get any better at the game. It will make it easier for sure because on their end, they don't need to be grouped to zerg with 50 players but they won't learn anything new.
    Edited by frozywozy on November 1, 2018 10:25AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR30
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR14
    www.twitch.tv/frozyeso
    In the end.. EP WINS!!!
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Change Retreating Maneuvers to apply only to 12 players and give it the Streak treatment
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Increase Forward Momentum snare immunity duration to 8 seconds
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Add an escape move to templars other than mist form
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack
    • Make snares only available from ground effects
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Wtb dynamic population
    • Fix long loading screens
    • Bring ResSickness
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Even if it would be way harder to play in 1vX, some people are simply not interested to invest time into it because that playstyle is just extremely frustrating, aggravating and irritating in the end unless you play a stamblade or a magsorc. Talking from experience and also from watching streamers or hear the commentary of people actively practicing that playstyle. 75% of of the time you hear them complaining about getting zerged down and trash talking against their opponent. Whenever we play in a group of 12-16, most of our time is spent having fun.

    The only real problem is when the server starts lagging like crazy because it cannot support that many players (population cap is still too high). Other than that we usually have a blast and a good laugh all evening long.

    Your having fun because you all are laughing at all the pugs you are destroying because it's way to easy. 95% of the time it's way to easy because its pug stomping

    But then every once in awhile you might meet a good guild and have a little bit of a challenge.

    What are the 1vx'ers doing when players follow them or try to play ring around the rock/tree/resource tower?
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Even if it would be way harder to play in 1vX, some people are simply not interested to invest time into it because that playstyle is just extremely frustrating, aggravating and irritating in the end unless you play a stamblade or a magsorc. Talking from experience and also from watching streamers or hear the commentary of people actively practicing that playstyle. 75% of of the time you hear them complaining about getting zerged down and trash talking against their opponent. Whenever we play in a group of 12-16, most of our time is spent having fun.

    The only real problem is when the server starts lagging like crazy because it cannot support that many players (population cap is still too high). Other than that we usually have a blast and a good laugh all evening long.

    Your having fun because you all are laughing at all the pugs you are destroying because it's way to easy. 95% of the time it's way to easy because its pug stomping

    But then every once in awhile you might meet a good guild and have a little bit of a challenge.

    Let's say you're right and it's easy. Is it easy because pugs are bad are because we're too good?
    If the pugs are bad, what do you suggest would be a good approach to assist them?
    If we're too good, thanks for the compliment.

    Lower the group cap. 12 at most. Prefer 8. If the population cap has been decreased so much, the group cap should have been as well.

    I agree about lowering the group cap but not for the same reasons. I believe that having a group cap of 12 to 16 would help performances. From my own experience, when all popupations are maxed and there is at least one group running a 24men somewhere, it is unplayable.

    On the other end, I am not sure how decreasing the group cap is going to help pugs get any better at the game. It will make it easier for sure because on their end, they don't need to be grouped to zerg with 50 players but they won't learn anything new.

    100% agree. Look how great it is to play before groups get on. Lot more calculations. and yes I know zeros cause a lot too. Cant fo anything about that but we can about the group size


    If it was 300+ per faction at launch, and the group size was 24, that makes sense.

    But if capis like 100 per faction now, why is it still 24? Dont know actual numbers but I used these for discussion.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Even if it would be way harder to play in 1vX, some people are simply not interested to invest time into it because that playstyle is just extremely frustrating, aggravating and irritating in the end unless you play a stamblade or a magsorc. Talking from experience and also from watching streamers or hear the commentary of people actively practicing that playstyle. 75% of of the time you hear them complaining about getting zerged down and trash talking against their opponent. Whenever we play in a group of 12-16, most of our time is spent having fun.

    The only real problem is when the server starts lagging like crazy because it cannot support that many players (population cap is still too high). Other than that we usually have a blast and a good laugh all evening long.

    Your having fun because you all are laughing at all the pugs you are destroying because it's way to easy. 95% of the time it's way to easy because its pug stomping

    But then every once in awhile you might meet a good guild and have a little bit of a challenge.

    What are the 1vx'ers doing when players follow them or try to play ring around the rock/tree/resource tower?

    They leave and go somewhere else. Lol. Just like guilds. Lol. What's are u getting at?
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Even if it would be way harder to play in 1vX, some people are simply not interested to invest time into it because that playstyle is just extremely frustrating, aggravating and irritating in the end unless you play a stamblade or a magsorc. Talking from experience and also from watching streamers or hear the commentary of people actively practicing that playstyle. 75% of of the time you hear them complaining about getting zerged down and trash talking against their opponent. Whenever we play in a group of 12-16, most of our time is spent having fun.

    The only real problem is when the server starts lagging like crazy because it cannot support that many players (population cap is still too high). Other than that we usually have a blast and a good laugh all evening long.

    Your having fun because you all are laughing at all the pugs you are destroying because it's way to easy. 95% of the time it's way to easy because its pug stomping

    But then every once in awhile you might meet a good guild and have a little bit of a challenge.

    Let's say you're right and it's easy. Is it easy because pugs are bad are because we're too good?
    If the pugs are bad, what do you suggest would be a good approach to assist them?
    If we're too good, thanks for the compliment.

    Lower the group cap. 12 at most. Prefer 8. If the population cap has been decreased so much, the group cap should have been as well.

    I agree about lowering the group cap but not for the same reasons. I believe that having a group cap of 12 to 16 would help performances. From my own experience, when all popupations are maxed and there is at least one group running a 24men somewhere, it is unplayable.

    On the other end, I am not sure how decreasing the group cap is going to help pugs get any better at the game. It will make it easier for sure because on their end, they don't need to be grouped to zerg with 50 players but they won't learn anything new.

    The only way pugs will get better at group play is to play in a group like the rest of us.

    However, If they dont want to play in a group then they shouldn't get hammered with no chance because of unbalanced skills.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Even if it would be way harder to play in 1vX, some people are simply not interested to invest time into it because that playstyle is just extremely frustrating, aggravating and irritating in the end unless you play a stamblade or a magsorc. Talking from experience and also from watching streamers or hear the commentary of people actively practicing that playstyle. 75% of of the time you hear them complaining about getting zerged down and trash talking against their opponent. Whenever we play in a group of 12-16, most of our time is spent having fun.

    The only real problem is when the server starts lagging like crazy because it cannot support that many players (population cap is still too high). Other than that we usually have a blast and a good laugh all evening long.

    Your having fun because you all are laughing at all the pugs you are destroying because it's way to easy. 95% of the time it's way to easy because its pug stomping

    But then every once in awhile you might meet a good guild and have a little bit of a challenge.

    What are the 1vx'ers doing when players follow them or try to play ring around the rock/tree/resource tower?

    They leave and go somewhere else. Lol. Just like guilds. Lol. What's are u getting at?

    No they don't.....that's what they do to have fun. When others arrive that don't fit into the easy ap category, they leave then.....but only then. Might want to be honest about play styles if you are working to claim that groups farm pugs due to their inexperience and that should not satisfy them since its just too easy. The exact same thing is what 1vx players do or ganker groups of three in open field do. Having an opinion is great and debating it even better....but making claims like that and pretending to not know the irony in them derails good conversation.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Even if it would be way harder to play in 1vX, some people are simply not interested to invest time into it because that playstyle is just extremely frustrating, aggravating and irritating in the end unless you play a stamblade or a magsorc. Talking from experience and also from watching streamers or hear the commentary of people actively practicing that playstyle. 75% of of the time you hear them complaining about getting zerged down and trash talking against their opponent. Whenever we play in a group of 12-16, most of our time is spent having fun.

    The only real problem is when the server starts lagging like crazy because it cannot support that many players (population cap is still too high). Other than that we usually have a blast and a good laugh all evening long.

    Your having fun because you all are laughing at all the pugs you are destroying because it's way to easy. 95% of the time it's way to easy because its pug stomping

    But then every once in awhile you might meet a good guild and have a little bit of a challenge.

    What are the 1vx'ers doing when players follow them or try to play ring around the rock/tree/resource tower?

    They leave and go somewhere else. Lol. Just like guilds. Lol. What's are u getting at?

    No they don't.....that's what they do to have fun. When others arrive that don't fit into the easy ap category, they leave then.....but only then. Might want to be honest about play styles if you are working to claim that groups farm pugs due to their inexperience and that should not satisfy them since its just too easy. The exact same thing is what 1vx players do or ganker groups of three in open field do. Having an opinion is great and debating it even better....but making claims like that and pretending to not know the irony in them derails good conversation.

    No they do not. Not one worth their salt. If pugs show up immediately they go somewhere else to farm better AP.
  • Llilium
    Llilium
    ✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »
    Only if they also add player collision.

    yaaaaaaaas

    give me some of that sweet WAR
Sign In or Register to comment.