The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Broken recall to Shadow Image with Murkmire patch. Please revert it to pre-patch!

reActor1
reActor1
✭✭✭
After the patch the recall to the Shadow doesn't work in many cases.
At least 3 times in 1h of playing.
I don't know in which situation the error is triggered but it happens for sure, and it completely kills this kind of gameplay.
This is the most clear situation, since I'm very close to the just-dropped shadow on top of the wall.
You probably can't see that I'm pressing the skill button but, I swear, I was spamming it before dying! You can also notice the error notifications on the top right corner when I try to recall...

Simply revert any modification you made to the shade, please, don't let us wait years for this!
I'm already disheartened cause I know this won't be considered anytime soon, but here's my 2 cents.

https://youtu.be/bHn3uPobNRA
Edited by reActor1 on October 22, 2018 7:37PM
[PC][EU]
  • Olquorron
    Olquorron
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh... I've been hearing this from others as well.
  • Galazon
    Galazon
    ✭✭
    i hope they'll fix it before new years eve (2020...)
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every new DLC or nerf the same old story. I was not looking forward to this new DLC and you can wonder why. Good luck on getting the Shadow Image problem fixed in a timely manner.
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    next dlc for sure.

bug seen to be related to porting to diferent heighs
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not Again, we had this broken for months before ZoS fixed it. it worked really nice last DLC, How is it possible to screw up an ability that havent recieved any changes? really ZoS?
  • reActor1
    reActor1
    ✭✭✭
    shinikaze wrote: »
    next dlc for sure.

bug seen to be related to porting to diferent heighs

That's been my first thought but unfortunately it's not that easy. I recalled with success leaving the shade on a high rock and jumping down... more and more.
    [PC][EU]
  • reActor1
    reActor1
    ✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Not Again, we had this broken for months before ZoS fixed it. it worked really nice last DLC, How is it possible to screw up an ability that havent recieved any changes? really ZoS?
    Unfortunately it did receive a change... :s
    Shadow Image: Fixed an issue where the Shadow Image's summoned monster would despawn or teleport to unreachable places if you went out of a certain range. The Shadow Image will now never move from their original placement.
    [PC][EU]
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG not again. This is just....sad

PC EU
    PvP only
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was it like that on PTS, I wonder?.. Or it was a last-minute change?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed now by myself, it fails more often then not when trying to port up or down.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it like that on PTS, I wonder?.. Or it was a last-minute change?

It was broken on PTS too - and got reported multiple times ...
  • reActor1
    reActor1
    ✭✭✭
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was broken last year from like June to January.

Looks like round 2
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix it asap ZOS

PC EU
    PvP only
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix ZOS. It's the only saving grace to playing a magblade these days.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    PC/NA

Shadow Image teleport is not working majority of the time. I have narrowed down the scenarios.

It doesn't work if
    • The shade and the player are not on the exact same elevation. Even if there is a slight difference in elevation, it doesn't work. The majority of Cyrodiil and BG maps vary a lot vertically, making it useless.
    • When you don't have direct line of sight of the shade. It is very wonky in such situations. Sometimes, the teleport animation fires, but you remain in the same place. Sometimes, it just summons a new shade. Rarely, it works correctly. This kind of beats the purpose of the skill.
  • rustudah
    rustudah
    ✭✭
    Adding count to the VICTIMS <
    PC/NA | CP 1300+
    Nord Stamina Dragonknight - PVP
    High Elf Magicka Sorcerer - PVE DPS
    Nord Stamina Nightblade - PVP
    Nord Stamina Sorcerer - PVP
    Argonian Dragonknight - PVE TANK
    Breton Magicka Nightblade - PVP
    Argonian Magicka Templar - PVE HEALER
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - PVE DPS
    Breton Magicka Templar - PVE DPS
    Khajiit Stamina Nightblade - PVP
    Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - PVP
    Nord Stamina Warden - PVP
    High Elf Magicka Warden - PVP
    Orc Stamina Templar - PVP
    Breton Magicka Sorcerer - PVP
    Khajiit Magicka Necro - PVE DPS
    Nord Necromancer - PVP
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened several times to me also, but only in cyro for now
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your options without shade in PvP on a magicka nightblade are now A.) run mist, which will get you killed more times than it saves you and B.) spam cloak, which will get you killed more times than it saves you and is an unfavorable, cheesy mechanic to use.

Shade is useless in this state and needs to be fixed, ASAP. Please don't give us that "we're working on a fix for a future patch" garbage, there already was a 6 month period where shade was bugged in the past year and a half.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Tonno_SenSei
    Tonno_SenSei
    ✭✭
    Totally agree, the skill is bugged and need to be fixed asap
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Keeping this in the spotlight.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    UP @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    We dont want clockwork city deja vu, when we needed to w8 3 monthx for fix.
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • reActor1
    reActor1
    ✭✭✭
    Me, after reading the today's patch notes
    giphy.gif
    [PC][EU]
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its horrible how this game can allow reported bugs to go through and not get fixed for months. It should be top priority to fix skills not working correctly.... again. Its the type of negligence that reduces customer faith and engagement with the game. Its actually sad that players know ZoS' tendencies to wait months just to fix important mechanics in the game. Completely unacceptable.
    Edited by Jakx on October 29, 2018 12:13PM
    Joined September 2013
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Great job getting the dot-enchant change in so quick. Now would be great if we can get some acknowledgement on this issue :)@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • reActor1
    reActor1
    ✭✭✭
    Me, after reading the today's patch notes
    giphy.gif
    [PC][EU]