Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Server Status Indicators

• KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you're sending feedback to Zeni, tell them I don't need a pop-up telling me the NA server is down for maintenance when I only have the EU server installed.

• Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, I haven't seen that message either. Sounds like it is sent once when maintenance starts and if you don't leave your launcher running 24/7 you wont see it. I dislike the very idea of laucher applications. I don't even use the launcher to run the game anymore. I run it once after a patch, then switch to my SweetFX shortcut till the next patch.

There's no real reason not to have a status indicator on the launcher. Having one on the sidebar here on the forums... I'm pretty neutral on. It'd be within sight of the Server Status forum link, saving me a whole one click and 5 seconds of time. It wouldn't be a bad thing, but it wouldn't be amazing either.
    Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on May 13, 2014 10:40PM
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats a really good idea OP. I really hope they do take that into consideration.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny that a genuine question about the launcher inspired such a strong reaction. I don't disagree with the OP; I simply wondered whether we needed a launcher status indicator in addition to what we already have.

Maybe if some people could have a reasonable debate without making it about personal attacks, this thread wouldn't have been derailed.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if some people could have a reasonable debate without making it about personal attacks, this thread wouldn't have been derailed.

....aaaaaand there we have it, stop trolling my threads Nerev.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • jasterslegacy2000b14_ESO
    Can't believe they don't already have something like this.
  • grimslayer69
    grimslayer69
    Soul Shriven
    DO IT!!!!!
    All I have to say
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made a suggestion similar to this, but without the pictures, it is an obvious feature for the forums to have.

So I agree.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • cassieinbend_ESO
    There is a post that indicates, I believe, if the servers are up or down.

https://esoserverstatus.net/