Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Server Status Indicators

Turial
Turial
✭✭✭
Just an idea of having a service status indicator on the forums sidebar to view quickly for players, then if we want to know the details of why it is down we can check the server threads and can also check it sneakily while at work ;) It is also a pain to log in to the servers themselves to check if they have gone before the forums have been updated. I have seen this implemented with other games and other programs so perhaps you could look into doing this as a quality of life option :) Not demanding you implement immediately or anything lol.

ylaqustxx1ws.jpg
"Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great idea! Bumping o:) .
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Pelerin2014
    Pelerin2014
    ✭✭✭
    Good idea!
    Pelarius, Imperial Dragonknight of the Aldmeri Dominion.
  • sinraven1642
    sinraven1642
    Soul Shriven
    I like this. Very simple, and less confusing than hunting thru the posts on the server forums..
  • Bill_Deatherage
    Bill_Deatherage
    Soul Shriven
    Or if they put one directly on the launcher. I think that would be good too.
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    Love this idea...also like the idea of an Android App for your phone...that way you know..."oh hell, server's up! time to get home!"
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭

Not everyone will be at an ESO installed computer 24/7 so the reason I use the forums as the status indicator is so you can check it while on the fly, at work, on your phone, etc. If you are sitting at your computer to open the launcher then chances are you are about ready to play anyway.
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
  • nidriks
    nidriks
    ✭✭
    It is definitely needed. I think almost every MMO has something like this.

@Turial I didn't notice it's a bump. Can I make a suggestion? Send this as feedback to Zenimax. You can do that in game and I'm sure there's a way to do that on the web.
    Edited by nidriks on April 29, 2014 12:35PM
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it is in the works but I agree, it couldn't hurt to have this addition to the forums. Good suggestion.

BTW: watch the random thread bumping guys. Don't just say "Bumping" in your post just throw out something constructive to avoid getting in trouble. ;p
    Edited by dagnome on April 29, 2014 12:38PM
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Why is this not already implemented?
  • kreekitb16_ESO
    kreekitb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you need this on a Computer without ESO installed? *headscratch*
    Only thing i can think of: You are at work and are checking if you need to stay at work because Server still in Maintenance or head home to play. BUT if you do this, then you should head to a doctor... because you probably have a more serious issue than Servers down :)

But yes, such a quick indicator on the launcher would be nice.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you need this on a Computer without ESO installed? *headscratch*
    Only thing i can think of: You are at work and are checking if you need to stay at work because Server still in Maintenance or head home to play. BUT if you do this, then you should head to a doctor... because you probably have a more serious issue than Servers down :)

But yes, such a quick indicator on the launcher would be nice.

You just quoted what I said in my post.... did you read it? *headscratch*
    Never Forget

• Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    nidriks wrote: »
    It is definitely needed. I think almost every MMO has something like this.

@Turial I didn't notice it's a bump. Can I make a suggestion? Send this as feedback to Zenimax. You can do that in game and I'm sure there's a way to do that on the web.

Yes, that is something I should do later, when I am not in work lol, thanks for the thought.
    dagnome wrote: »
    BTW: watch the random thread bumping guys. Don't just say "Bumping" in your post just throw out something constructive to avoid getting in trouble. ;p

Yup I want to be careful of that, hence waiting a week to bump it, I am subscribed to a thread on here where the OP bumps it every single day, I actually don't want to know about the thread anymore, I am waiting to see it get closed now lol.
    Never Forget

• Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    Three cheers for this great idea!
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turial wrote: »

Not everyone will be at an ESO installed computer 24/7 so the reason I use the forums as the status indicator is so you can check it while on the fly, at work, on your phone, etc. If you are sitting at your computer to open the launcher then chances are you are about ready to play anyway.

Why would you want to check the status of a server if you are not on a computer where you can play the game? Stop goofing off at work and get your tasks done! :p

"The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    I actualy made the suggestion two days into the game. I used startrek online as example. Simple plugin on the site or the game.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    cfurlin wrote: »

Why would you want to check the status of a server if you are not on a computer where you can play the game? Stop goofing off at work and get your tasks done! :p

Some of us like to stay in the know-how :P
    Also, I will super goof off when I can. The joys of being an adult.
    Never Forget

• Allyah
    Allyah
    ✭✭✭
    Finally, an idea in the forums I can agree with.
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭

Which is all the more reason to have a server status indicator on that screen. Sitting down to start a gaming session and finding out that the servers are down unexpectedly is soul-crushing. It's easier to take seeing a little red dot on the launcher than getting a "FUN DENIED" error message when you try to log in, seconds before feeding your addiction...

Why yes, I play MMOs a lot, why do you ask?

Edit: I guess I should be positive as well. Yes, it would also be good to have an indicator on the main page. Myself, I just click the Server Status section on the side bar when I sit down in the morning after work.
    Edited by Xithian on May 12, 2014 5:37PM
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes!
    | GM Cheesemongers of Nirn |
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who gets the maintenance message when I boot up the launcher?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get no maintenance message when I start the launcher. I just tried it now...nothing. Where is it? I don't care if it's buried somewhere, but please tell me where!
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a pop-up System Message window (the same one that always comes up with a random announcement of the day) that says maintenance is happening. I don't even think there's a way to disable it.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I am not getting said pop-up message. Time for a ticket. Thanks for the info!

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't keep your launcher running in the background, do you?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I only start the launcher when I am getting set to play, closed otherwise.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is something I brought up as well. Lets hope they make this happen
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    This is a great idea! Bumping o:) .

I will see your bump and raise you two more bumps

That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who gets the maintenance message when I boot up the launcher?

No but are surely one of the few who actually read it before dismissing it...
    90% of PC related problems happen between the keyboard and the chair
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

What caused them to fight? :( Can't we all get along?
    Never Forget

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

What caused them to fight? :( Can't we all get along?

The keyboard and the chair? Oh they are fine, finer than the sack of potatoes that are stuck between them most of the times