The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Murkmire PvP Tiers (I think I see a trend here)

lucky_dutch
lucky_dutch
✭✭✭✭
These are DPS setups I'm referring to. Some of the mag classes perform better than this as healer builds.

Small-scale/BGs:
  1. Stamblade
  2. Stamden
  3. Stamsorc
  4. StamDK
  5. Stamplar
  6. MagDK
  7. Magsorc
  8. Magplar
  9. Magblade
  10. Magden

1vX:
  1. Stamblade
  2. Stamden
  3. Stamsorc
  4. StamDK
  5. Stamplar
  6. Magblade
  7. MagSorc
  8. Magplar
  9. MagDK
  10. Magden
Edited by lucky_dutch on October 19, 2018 8:28AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rate Magicka Warden way higher in Smallscale/BGs.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not agree with your list completely, but due to higher mobility, most stamina toons perform better in PvP than magicka toons. The top two on your list really excel in mobility, but also bring in great sustain and survivability. This makes those two excel the other classes in a lot of scenarios. Still there also strong magicka toons, which can contribute a lot in groups and bgs for example. Magwarden and magtemplar are for example the best supporter classes, but have issues in 1vX.
    Edited by Checkmath on October 19, 2018 8:28AM
    Options
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair, I was referring to DPS setups there. As a healer they can perform. Magplar would be a lot higher if talking in terms of healers too.
    Options
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Speaking on 1vXing ~ Agreed. Stamina classes have higher floors then Magicka classes do (bar stamblade and stamden those 2 should just be removed from the game at this point they are over performing so much) and thus are rightfully better when it comes to 1vXing in general.

Higher input = Higher Output

Higher Floor SHOULD = Higher Ceiling
    Options
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Speaking on 1vXing ~ Agreed. Stamina classes have higher floors then Magicka classes do (bar stamblade and stamden those 2 should just be removed from the game at this point they are over performing so much) and thus are rightfully better when it comes to 1vXing in general.

I actually don't like the floor/ceiling argument. Every class should just have the same ceiling and if some are easier to play than others, so be it.

The most important part of balancing is top-end performance, especially in a game with fairly limited matchmaking.
    Options
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I actually don't like the floor/ceiling argument. Every class should just have the same ceiling and if some are easier to play than others, so be it.

The most important part of balancing is top-end performance, especially in a game with fairly limited matchmaking.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. An MMA fighter should beat a black belt in Karate in a fight because what they train in (MMA) has a higher floor then Karate does. Imo that logic should apply to most everything. A job that requires more should pay more then one that doesn’t.

Saying one class should do the same as another but require half the brain cells to operate (obvious exaggeration here) doesn’t make sense to me. If the floors are close, then sure. Elsewise, not so much.

I don’t believe that classes should have different floors in the first place. They should balance classes to all have similar floors and then the equal ceiling argument becomes relevant. You SHOULD be able to pick any class and put in the same amount of effort and get roughly the same results.

It’s completely asinine to tell someone they have to put in more effort to play there class just to get the same results another does.
    Edited by templesus on October 19, 2018 8:58AM
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. An MMA fighter should beat a black belt in Karate in a fight because what they train in (MMA) has a higher floor then Karate does. Imo that logic should apply to most everything. A job that requires more should pay more then one that doesn’t.

Saying one class should do the same as another but require half the brain cells to operate (obvious exaggeration here) doesn’t make sense to me. If the floors are close, then sure. Elsewise, not so much.

I don’t believe that classes should have different floors in the first place. They should balance classes to all have similar floors and then the equal ceiling argument becomes relevant. You SHOULD be able to pick any class and put in the same amount of effort and get roughly the same results.

The problem is, people won't necessarily agree on your idea about "what requires more" - which then leads to another side discussion, not exactly desirable.

Example: I myself am 100% that no matter what end of the spectrum you place the user skillwise, no stamina setup is even in the same ballpark of difficulty compared to magicka warden when talking 1vX. Pretty sure, I'd get a lot of agrees here if following up on that.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s completely asinine to tell someone they have to put in more effort to play there class just to get the same results another does.

If pick your favourite class, enjoying playing it and get good with it, so long as the ceiling is the same as another class, you should be able to perform as well as any. Is it any skin off your nose if a less skilled player can do average on an easy class? Certainly doesn't bother me.

The other problem with the floor ceiling argument as it greatly increases the complexity of trying to balance the game as you have to balance for different skill levels. I'd much rather all classes be perfectly balanced at the ceiling and some be easier than others than a game where it's balancing is all over the place.

Anyway, we're straying off-topic here and dangerously close to elitism so lets put that to one side. Point is, PvP balance is weighted heavily in favour of Stam and that's largely because they don't comprimise much damage or sustain by picking heavy armor.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d put magPlar in the top group for small scale and BGs.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imo they should just disable heavy for PvP. It’s always given players crutches. I remember back in the Bracing days mag dk and magplar could literally block as much as tanks just by throwing on heavy and they were unkillable while still doing damage because anything did damage back then.

Disable heavy, PvP balance increases. Forum whining also increases :)
    Edited by templesus on October 19, 2018 9:20AM
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imo they should just disable heavy for PvP. It’s always given players crutches. I remember back in the Bracing days mag dk and magplar could literally block as much as tanks just by throwing on heavy and they were unkillable while still doing damage because anything did damage back then.

Disable heavy, PvP balance increases. Forum whining also increases :)

I think Forum whining can't increase much more than it currently is.
    Options
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your list should be setup differently

BGs should have their own ratings.

Solo should have their own

Small scale should have their own

Also magdens are so good in group play.

Also stamblades are not very good small scale class because their damage is essentially single target. You’re better off running the other stam classes because they provide more to aoe group damage which is what small scale needs.

With that said stamblades are very effective in BGs
    Edited by Haashhtaag on October 19, 2018 12:39PM
    Options
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

For healbots yea but for DPS they’re garbage.
    Options
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, I was referring to DPS setups there. As a healer they can perform. Magplar would be a lot higher if talking in terms of healers too.
    My magwarden does both and provides a lot of group utility. The smallest fissures I hit are like 4.5k and I’m consistently hitting 5.5-6k fissures and 3-4K tics on ice ult and I hit good 4-5k clenches and birds consistently depending on what setup I go with. Problem is not a lot of people play magden or can play it effectively.
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam classes have received buffs basically every patch since CP was added conversely mag classes (mainly templar and sorc) have received nerfs since then

I don't really agree with your list. MagDk is quite strong atm and Stamplar received large buffs this patch specifically but the general sentiment is true. It feels like the combat team is rather skewed towards stam players atm.

I would put this down to the effectiveness of general melee builds in trials more so than pvp performance though I would hope that changes would take into account on a more game wide level though.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really love when people try to compile tierlists in ESO PvP. It's futility in motion.

....though stamblades are going to be really strong for solo play. On that, we should be able to reach consensus.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam classes have received buffs basically every patch since CP was added conversely mag classes (mainly templar and sorc) have received nerfs since then

I don't really agree with your list. MagDk is quite strong atm and Stamplar received large buffs this patch specifically but the general sentiment is true. It feels like the combat team is rather skewed towards stam players atm.

I would put this down to the effectiveness of general melee builds in trials more so than pvp performance though I would hope that changes would take into account on a more game wide level though.

mDK was only left so low for 1vX because they have mobility issues. It's quite easy for a group to lock then down. They're the best dps Mag class in BGs though.

Stamplar are fine ofc but I'd still say they're the weakest Stam class albeit by a small margin.
    Edited by lucky_dutch on October 19, 2018 1:48PM
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are DPS setups I'm referring to. Some of the mag classes perform better than this as healer builds.

Small-scale/BGs:
    1. Stamblade
    2. Stamden
    3. Stamsorc
    4. Werewolf
    5. StamDK
    6. Stamplar
    7. MagDK
    8. Magsorc
    9. Magplar
    10. Magblade
    11. Magden

1vX:
    1. Stamblade
    2. Stamden
    3. Stamsorc
    4. StamDK
    5. Stamplar
    6. Magblade
    7. MagSorc
    8. Magplar
    9. MagDK
    10. Magden
    11. Werewolf

Fixed that for you ;-)
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is, people won't necessarily agree on your idea about "what requires more" - which then leads to another side discussion, not exactly desirable.

Example: I myself am 100% that no matter what end of the spectrum you place the user skillwise, no stamina setup is even in the same ballpark of difficulty compared to magicka warden when talking 1vX. Pretty sure, I'd get a lot of agrees here if following up on that.

Agreed I feel that my stamclasses infinitely easier to play open world solo than my magdk and my magden.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on October 19, 2018 4:59PM
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Based on live.
    For BGs DPS is a relative term, classes like magden/DK don't directly kill people so much as get people killed, so I'm going to include anything but pure healers for this one.
    BGs:
    MagDK. Magden. Stamden. Good dmg and support as part of team.
    Magplar. Magsorc. OK dmg, but provides things like wrath/offhealing which helps turn tide.
    StamNB. Stamsorc. Very nice dmg and pace, low support but very strong.
    StamDK, Stamplar, MagNB. Nice dmg, usable, has their own strengths though not as strong as some, quite low support.

1vX:
    Stamden
    Stamsorc, StamNB
    StamDk
    MagNB, MagDK, Stamplar, Magsorc
    Magplar
    Basically the heavy speedy stambois at top, and the slower classes at the bottom. No surprises.

The game isn't mega biased. I would say that stam has the better toolkit for yolo fun speed builds for the meta, but mag has much more utility.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 19, 2018 5:11PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

I agree. Any decent magicka Templar(or any other class) can step in Cyrodiil and a kill X amount of people by her or himself. I don't think that's something people argue.

But if you were to step into a Battleground as a magplar DPS, I bet getting over 1 million damage by the end of the match[that doesn't run out of time] will be a struggle.
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Small-scale/BGs:

Stamblade
    StamDK
    Stamplar /Stamden
    MagDK
    Stamsorc/Magplar
    Magblade
    Magsorc
    Magden

1vX:

Stamblade
    Stamplar
    Stamden / StamDK
    Magblade
    Magplar
    MagDK
    Stamsorc
    MagSorc
    Magden

This I feel Is probable a more accurate arrangement, at least for me
    Options
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Small-scale/BGs:

Stamblade
    StamDK
    Stamplar /Stamden
    MagDK
    Stamsorc/Magplar
    Magblade
    Magsorc
    Magden

1vX:

Stamblade
    Stamplar
    Stamden / StamDK
    Magblade
    Magplar
    MagDK
    Stamsorc
    MagSorc
    Magden

This I feel Is probable a more accurate arrangement, at least for me

I think you’re underrating Stamsorc unfairly. The nerf to their heals sucks for them but in a meta where mobility is down the toilet, their access to minor expedition and a blink is amazing for BGs. They’re also really well setup to take advantage of the impending heavy bleed meta.
    Options
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you’re underrating Stamsorc unfairly. The nerf to their heals sucks for them but in a meta where mobility is down the toilet, their access to minor expedition and a blink is amazing for BGs. They’re also really well setup to take advantage of the impending heavy bleed meta.

What stamsorc heal nerf are you referring to please ?
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JWillCHS wrote: »
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

I agree. Any decent magicka Templar(or any other class) can step in Cyrodiil and a kill X amount of people by her or himself. I don't think that's something people argue.

But if you were to step into a Battleground as a magplar DPS, I bet getting over 1 million damage by the end of the match[that doesn't run out of time] will be a struggle.

Not really. I've ran quite a few BGs on my Magplar. Got 1,2 mill dmg and 600k healing as my most. Usually around 800-900k dmg and ~500k healing done. So in a BG, I would argue that magplar is rly good. Also magDK/MagNB is really strong in there. I did duo on my magplar with magnb/magdk. It was so fun, rofl. Killed so many things.

But then you meet a 4-man premade stamden or stamsorc or stamDK group and you just get roflstomped by 3 dawnbreakers and a leap. :^

Also, magplar/magden/magdk lowest on 1vX cus of mobility. Sorcs still do it well, 'cus they have mobility that no other mag-class has. Magplar has a tiny advantage of the other 2 classes, as the purge can be quite helpful.

But every stamina class is above every magicka class in any 1vX. Same for solo BG mostly. As a magicka class, you rely more on your team/people around you, imo. In a lot of cases.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be straight I think your list is bad.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 21, 2018 2:20PM
    Options
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭

I’m not an expert at either but for me it’s because Stam can still do loads of damage in heavy whilst magdk (as with all mag classes) takes a massive damage hit to wear heavy.

The nerf to healing ward really hurts LA MagDKs so overall they’re probably a tad behind. Also, no execute is a bit of a factor when considering performance in BGs.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I’m not an expert at either but for me it’s because Stam can still do loads of damage in heavy whilst magdk (as with all mag classes) takes a massive damage hit to wear heavy.

The nerf to healing ward really hurts LA MagDKs so overall they’re probably a tad behind. Also, no execute is a bit of a factor when considering performance in BGs.

I'm sorry but magDk and stamDK in heavy both have about same mobility now. How is stam any better than mag in this case? I don't understand how a MASSIVE nerf to stamina mobility is gonna make magicka worse? Care to explain ?

And magplars/magdens will be borderline neccessary for open world groups(small scale or not) from now on.

Edit: on the topic of healing ward, I would agree for magsorcs but magDK has enough healing options to not be affected too badly.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 21, 2018 2:30PM
    Options
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry but magDk and stamDK in heavy both have about same mobility now. How is stam any better than mag in this case? I don't understand how a MASSIVE nerf to stamina mobility is gonna make magicka worse? Care to explain ?

And magplars/magdens will be borderline neccessary for open world groups(small scale or not) from now on.

Edit: on the topic of healing ward, I would agree for magsorcs but magDK has great self healing options already. And you don't need an execute when your spammable hits like an execute.

StamDKs are top-tier. Stop crying over nothing.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Edit: on the topic of healing ward, I would agree for magsorcs but magDK has great self healing options already. And you don't need an execute when your spammable hits like an execute.

StamDKs are top-tier. Stop crying over nothing.

StamDKs are ok. They're however not top tier. You magDk mains are getting really delusional at this point. swift meta is gone, FM is nerfed, speed pots are done for. I'm not crying over nothing, you are.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 21, 2018 2:35PM
    Options