The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Essence of Death

Ravensilver
Ravensilver
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to collect an Essence of Death for the Quest "Witchmother's Bargain". How many endbosses in delves do I have to kill to get one? I've already done four by now, and no essence...
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a guaranteed drop from, say, a delve boss.. I don't know about other bosses. If you have the quest, and it's not being completed... that's just a bug. Have you tried,
    • dropping the quest and picking it back up?
    • relogging?
    • trying with a different character?
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm... I tried relogging. Don't want to do it with another character, since I do all the main stuff on my main. But I could try dropping it and picking it up again.

Thanks!
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm... I tried relogging. Don't want to do it with another character, since I do all the main stuff on my main. But I could try dropping it and picking it up again.

Thanks!

Best of luck! :heart:
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Miraslova
    Miraslova
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to collect an Essence of Death for the Quest "Witchmother's Bargain". How many endbosses in delves do I have to kill to get one? I've already done four by now, and no essence...

Make sure it's a delve boss, I got mine the first time, don't know about random dungeoons if you're doing them.
    "An it harm none, do what thou wilt"
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pednick wrote: »

Make sure it's a delve boss, I got mine the first time, don't know about random dungeoons if you're doing them.

"How many endbosses in delves do I have to kill to get one?"
    If they were, I don't know what could be stopping them from receiving it... : (
    Edited by kadochka on October 18, 2018 9:28PM

• Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Delves are the ones marked by torches on the map, right?

Those are the ones I did. Four of them. >.>

• kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Delves are the ones marked by torches on the map, right?

Those are the ones I did. Four of them. >.>

Yes, they are. Have you still not completed it?
    (Hopefully you're still getting the skulls and tickets!!!)

• Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok... I just did King's Heaven Pass... killed the Gryphon at the end - the boss - didn't get an essence of death...
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok... I just did King's Heaven Pass... killed the Gryphon at the end - the boss - didn't get an essence of death...

Something is seriously wrong, did you contact ZOS???
    I'd @ them, but I don't know who to put.

• EvilKiwi
    EvilKiwi
    ✭✭✭
    I also tried a delve in summer set, got no essence. Went to Glenumbra and got it 1st kill.
    No Lollygagging.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the quest in Glenumbra as the witch is located next door to the Cryptwatch Fort delve. There is only the one boss and got the essence on the first try along with my first Dremora Plunder Skull. I don't recall, but I could very well be wrong, the essence showing up in my inventory it only showed as complete in the quest status.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Summerset delves are bugged and don't grant Essence. Go do one of the base game delves.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The Summerset delves are bugged and don't grant Essence. Go do one of the base game delves.

Does it require you to kill something in your home faction??
    I doubt it, but it might be. If it is, it's VERY screwed up to do it that way.

• TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »

Seems like (from the zone chat) that only the Summerset delves don't drop the essence. Seems like a bug.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »

Seems like (from the zone chat) that only the Summerset delves don't drop the essence. Seems like a bug.

Ah, ok. But the person who started this thread has killed boss after boss (mostly/all in delves) and gotten no essence...?

• Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have now tried one of the first, basic delves in Auridon - Del's. It worked! So either it's one of your faction's delves that work or one of the basic ones.
    I did turn off all my addons, before I went inside...

Thank the Gods! Finally finished the quest!
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have now tried one of the first, basic delves in Auridon - Del's. It worked! So either it's one of your faction's delves that work or one of the basic ones.
    I did turn off all my addons, before I went inside...

Thank the Gods! Finally finished the quest!

Yes! Finally, awesome. ^-^