Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagDK Cyrodiil build. Will this work?

md3788
md3788
✭✭✭
5x Shacklebreaker Body - Heavy chest, Medium legs - Impen - Max Magicka
3x BSW Jewelry - Arcane - 2x Spell Damage 1x Recovery
1x BSW Inferno - Infused - Flame Damage enchat
1x Maelstrom Resto - Sharpened - Absorb Magicka (This is something I have in inventory, can switch to BSW resto or other)
2x Valkyn Skoria - Light - Divines - Max Magicka

Mundus: Unsure - Running thief at the moment

Food: Blue food

Pots: Probably tri pots

Front bar: offensive skills - whip, embers, engulphing flames
Back bar: defensive and heal skills - Shields, mutagen

Basically, I have the BSW and monster set and am looking for a body set. I wanted to get some feedback before I spend the mats. I play Vivec in large groups usually
Edited by md3788 on October 18, 2018 3:30PM
vFG1 HM
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good, this should work. Keep BSW on your front bar only so you are on your damage bar when it procs.
    Shacklebreaker does well in battlegrounds, however in Vivec I would go for another damage set, use tri glyps to get stam and use mag recover mundus
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Sounds good, this should work. Keep BSW on your front bar only so you are on your damage bar when it procs.
    Shacklebreaker does well in battlegrounds, however in Vivec I would go for another damage set, use tri glyps to get stam and use mag recover mundus

@WoppaBoem I figured I'd pair damage with recovery. You think I should go two damage sets? RIght now I have elf bane and BSW on but sustain is really bad
    vFG1 HM
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get my recovery from mundus and food if not good enough swap one jewerly to recovery.

But you can go for shacklebreaker if you want to it plays really smooth I like it but you will do less damage usually. You can craft it in heavy making it very cool for magDK.

there will be this new set coming out but it is light :

Bright-Throat’s Boast (Light)
    2: Max Magicka
    3: Max Magicka
    4: Magicka Recovery
    5: While you have a drink buff active, your Max Magicka is increased by 2000 and Magicka Recovery 150.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say, BSW, Julianos (craftable so heavy is option), Valkyn Skoria.

Get recovery from mundus and food, or infused jewerly with mag recovery enchant.

but I am not the expert. Did watched this clip that looked really good :

https://dottzgaming.com/build/burn-magicka-dragon-knight-pvp-build/
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    I would say, BSW, Julianos (craftable so heavy is option), Valkyn Skoria.

Get recovery from mundus and food, or infused jewerly with mag recovery enchant.

but I am not the expert. Did watched this clip that looked really good :

https://dottzgaming.com/build/burn-magicka-dragon-knight-pvp-build/

@WoppaBoem Thank you for the info and interesting build. I think I've narrowed it down to three sets to pair with BSW. Julianos, innate axiom, and shackle. I'll probably just bite the bullet and craft a few sets and try them all.
    Edited by md3788 on October 18, 2018 4:55PM
    vFG1 HM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that works. It will be one of those squisher builds though no doubt.

I recommend swapping resto to infused and either keeping absorb or running weapon dmg glyph. Go impen on skoria too. Or maybe use bloodspawn if you feel too squishy. That build will have a lot of dmg as is.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    md3788 wrote: »
    1x Maelstrom Resto - Sharpened - Absorb Magicka (This is something I have in inventory, can switch to BSW resto or other)

Basically, I have the BSW and monster set and am looking for a body set. I wanted to get some feedback before I spend the mats. I play Vivec in large groups usually

First and foremost I would run 5xL 1H 1M for any MagDK builds. You can build yourself to still be tanky enough because of Volatile Armor and it's wayy more important for DMG and Recovery to be in light. Your setup will definitely work and is similar to what I run. I just swapped out shacklebreaker for Innate because i feel like i hit a lot harder with it, I tried innate vs shackle vs silks of sun vs julianos and it could all be in my head but innate axiom seems to perform the best for me. Run witchmothers and recovery mundus to help with recovery. I rarely have sustain issues with just 1500 mag recovery that's your sweet spot on DK. Once you have 1300-1600 recovery everything else needs to be focused on increaased spell DMG and penetration. Aso everything needs to be impen. Resto back bar I don't see a need to run mutagen although i know a lot of people do. Just run volatile armor, healing ward, absorb magicka and you're golden all your healing is going to come from burning embers the rest should just be shielding.
    Edited by Fiveboro on October 18, 2018 7:01PM
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Fiveboro wrote: »

First and foremost I would run 5xL 1H 1M for any MagDK builds. You can build yourself to still be tanky enough because of Volatile Armor and it's wayy more important for DMG and Recovery to be in light. Your setup will definitely work and is similar to what I run. I just swapped out shacklebreaker for Innate because i feel like i hit a lot harder with it. Run witchmothers and recovery mundus to help with recovery. I rarely have sustain issues with just 1500 mag recovery that's your sweet spot on DK. Once you have 1300-1600 recovery everything else needs to be focused on increaased spell DMG and penetration. Aso everything needs to be impen. Resto back bar I don't see a need to run mutagen although i know a lot of people do. Just run volatile armor, healing ward, absorb magicka and you're golden all your healing is going to come from burning embers the rest should just be shielding.

@Fiveboro Thanks for your reply. I'm actually really intrigued by axiom since most damage skills I planned on using are class skills. I will be running 5/1/1 light for sure. What enchants do you run on body and what jewelry traits are you running?
    vFG1 HM
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    vFG1 HM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use shacklebreaker without sword and board i recommend using witchmothers potent brew as food to get some more magicka regen. Therefore you could go either for more spell damage enchants or the apprentice mundus stone.

I also recommend slotting elemental drain, if you are not a fan of elemental blockade. Otherwise you will miss a destro staff passive, which is very important.

Sword and board allows for effective blocking. This is very helpful, when under pressure, so you may recover better by blockcasting coagulating blood. Also it allows a previously very strong magdk build, which built for strong blocking and relied on permablocking, which made it very hard to cc and do burst damage against them.

First and foremost I would run 5xL 1H 1M for any MagDK builds. You can build yourself to still be tanky enough because of Volatile Armor and it's wayy more important for DMG and Recovery to be in light. Your setup will definitely work and is similar to what I run. I just swapped out shacklebreaker for Innate because i feel like i hit a lot harder with it. Run witchmothers and recovery mundus to help with recovery. I rarely have sustain issues with just 1500 mag recovery that's your sweet spot on DK. Once you have 1300-1600 recovery everything else needs to be focused on increaased spell DMG and penetration. Aso everything needs to be impen. Resto back bar I don't see a need to run mutagen although i know a lot of people do. Just run volatile armor, healing ward, absorb magicka and you're golden all your healing is going to come from burning embers the rest should just be shielding.

@Fiveboro Thanks for your reply. I'm actually really intrigued by axiom since most damage skills I planned on using are class skills. I will be running 5/1/1 light for sure. What enchants do you run on body and what jewelry traits are you running?

You also need to think about, that dk heal abilities will be buffed by axiom, so you will get stronger heals from coagulating blood and cauterize. This will be very important next patch, since healing ward will lose its primary heal.

First and foremost I would run 5xL 1H 1M for any MagDK builds. You can build yourself to still be tanky enough because of Volatile Armor and it's wayy more important for DMG and Recovery to be in light. Your setup will definitely work and is similar to what I run. I just swapped out shacklebreaker for Innate because i feel like i hit a lot harder with it, I tried innate vs shackle vs silks of sun vs julianos and it could all be in my head but innate axiom seems to perform the best for me. Run witchmothers and recovery mundus to help with recovery. I rarely have sustain issues with just 1500 mag recovery that's your sweet spot on DK. Once you have 1300-1600 recovery everything else needs to be focused on increaased spell DMG and penetration. Aso everything needs to be impen. Resto back bar I don't see a need to run mutagen although i know a lot of people do. Just run volatile armor, healing ward, absorb magicka and you're golden all your healing is going to come from burning embers the rest should just be shielding.

Mutagen on his build is to get some decent magicka return via the msa healstuff, which restores magicka, when your mutagen heals critically. In his build, this skill makes a lot of sense.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the additional info lads. I made the decision my stamDK is going to transform into flames :D
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a better PvP version of the Dk being the magicka 1.
    IMO I like block casting on a magdk magplar rather than healing ward,
    2x bloodspawn
    5x impregnable
    5x Varen legacy (SnB back bar)
    2x willpower (DW or SnB) can even use flame staff didn’t try tho

5 light 1 med 1 heavy all sturdy
    I found the cost reduction of light with reduced block cost of Sturdy together with bloodspawn for extra ultis struck a good balance in defense sustain and frequency of burst

The presence of Varens legacy on the back bar helps a lot with the healing of inhale to an extent where I don’t have coagulating blood anymore, I just use cauterize and inhale.

In open world and bg doing aoe damage while healing was something I was missing with a single target dot pressure build.

Volatile + Talons + inhale + leap -> whip whoever is alive. Quick transition from defence to attack.

Not saying anything wrong with ur build just throwing another take on magdk in the mix
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    @Checkmath Thank you for the response. I settled on:
    5x Innate Axiom
    5x BSW (Jewels & front bar inferno)
    Vma back resto
    2x Valkyn (may swap to bloodspawn but I don't think I have light)

5/1/1 light, all Impen, Max magicka and spell damage enchants, withcmothers potent brew, and attronach mundus. So far I've only done a few BGs matches but it feels good. I still have to respec a few skills and get some tri-stat enchants but I think I'm going to go forward with this build.
    vFG1 HM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't break your head, just go 5 Knight slayer, 5 torug's with and infused shock staff with oblivion glyph and a powered resto with magicka recover glyph, skoria

destro: Shock reach - anullement - CDB - Inner light - Molten Armaments - U Shatter soul
    resto: flexible (I use embers or wings) - anullement - Ward - maneuvers - mist.- U whatever you want (meteor, horn, bubble)

Cast armaments, then just shock reach any archer you see, full HA till SS is ready. Profit.

If an enemy comes melee, just blockcast anullement and CDB and when you are OK, just shock reach him, put embers and full heavy. Recast shield. If you are low on health, just back bar, ward and anullement, swap and press CDB twice.

This build is thought to use as less magicka as possible to kill, so with 1.2K recovery you will do OK. Use only spell dmg jewelry glyph. Of course, your magicka MUST be used for healing, buffing and mitigation

Avoid healbots. you won't do anything against them and beware with NBs. If you learn how to counter a gank, you will kill those guys (unless they are good enough). If you see anothe DK flapping wings, just show him the power of oblivion dmg.

A very effective (and somewhat dumb) build.

Off course, if you have the chance to get both, torug's and sload's (proven you have jewelry unlocked) go ahead
    Edited by Xvorg on October 19, 2018 5:54PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭

Sounds nice, my MAG DK PVP uses 5 Shacklebreaker Heavy, 5 Bloodthorn, Fire and Shockstaff with 2 Valkyn Skoria and the Lover Mundus for extra Spell DMG
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭

Sounds nice, my MAG DK PVP uses 5 Shacklebreaker Heavy, 5 Bloodthorn, Fire and Shockstaff with 2 Valkyn Skoria and the Lover Mundus for extra Spell DMG

Thanks. Settled on Axiom BSW Valkyn. Liking it so far as I feel like I have nice damage output and have been holding my own in BGs. Might transmute the jewelery to protective to be even more tanky
    vFG1 HM
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭

Thanks. Settled on Axiom BSW Valkyn. Liking it so far as I feel like I have nice damage output and have been holding my own in BGs. Might transmute the jewelery to protective to be even more tanky

That’s exactly what I run it’s working pretty great. All max magicka enchants and then two dmg enchants and one recovery enchant on jewelry. I run duel wield too instead of s&b one nirn one sharpened
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO if you have the money always run tri glyphs on magicka. It’s just more stats.

Next patch on magDK I would run something like the new bright throat set with witch mother, all tri glyphs, and probably spinners. The penetration changes with shields will make spinners excellent - especially with everyone pivoting to heavy armor. You can still swap jewelry traits to protective to get heavy resists with good sustain and elemental drain with Destro staff.
    Edited by Adenoma on October 20, 2018 6:01PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    After going back and forth with this character, I've decided to give it another go in PvP. Here is what I have so far for a BG build (minus the prismatics because I'm too cheap right now). CP is disabled on the build editor. It seems to hit hard, but I also seem to get melted by sorcs. Might be L2P. Still trying to figure out combos. Let me know what you think and if there is something glaring I'm missing.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=109607

Sorry for necro. It's my thread so its ok, right?
    vFG1 HM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Right now I run DW Destro Spinners Julianos Arcane Jewelry All Spell Damage. 1 Kena 1 Balorgh. For resources Ele Drain, pots, deep thoughts, sprinting and heavy attack.

All I want my sets to do (glyphs included) is give me damage. I’d rather DO something than have sets GIVE me something like sustain.

For survivability I likewise would rather skill carry me, (kiting, LOSing etc).

Bright throats Julianos with that clockwork injection stuff might be how I’ll go next batch. 2H Destro or Destro Destro (flame/ice) if DW glyphs are nerfed. Or Julianos Sun, 1 kena, 1 Balorgh. Or maybe just stick with spinners Julianos.

I think a lot of people start with survivability then sustain then damage. I think a preferable place to start is raw damage and work back from there. Otherwise, you’d probably not develop certain skills (like managing sustain and staying alive no matter what) if you’re running a heavy armor high sustain unkillable tank that hits like a wet noodle.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on February 24, 2019 9:41PM
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭

Right now I run DW Destro Spinners Julianos Arcane Jewelry All Spell Damage. 1 Kena 1 Balorgh. For resources Ele Drain, pots, deep thoughts, sprinting and heavy attack.

All I want my sets to do (glyphs included) is give me damage. I’d rather DO something than have sets GIVE me something like sustain.

For survivability I likewise would rather skill carry me, (kiting, LOSing etc).

Bright throats Julianos with that clockwork injection stuff might be how I’ll go next batch. 2H Destro or Destro Destro (flame/ice) if DW glyphs are nerfed. Or Julianos Sun, 1 kena, 1 Balorgh. Or maybe just stick with spinners Julianos.

I think a lot of people start with survivability then sustain then damage. I think a preferable place to start is raw damage and work back from there. Otherwise, you’d probably not develop certain skills (like managing sustain and staying alive no matter what) if you’re running a heavy armor high sustain unkillable tank that hits like a wet noodle.

@JumpmanLane thanks for the response. Right now I’m 5-1-1 light. Shacklebreaker BSW Bloodspawn. Inferno/ 1h/shield. 2 protective jewels one arcane. All spell damage. Destro bar is all offense, 1h/shield bar is my buffs and heals. I tried to front bar 1h/shield but it just didn’t feel right weaving light attacks. I might go ice staff backbar. As for the enchant nerfs, it’s a virtual certainty that they will go through
    vFG1 HM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most people go front bar offense, back bar defense buffing; but frontbar melee, backbar range is how I approach it. I ran Destro (flame) SnB and vice versa. SnB front bar Destro back bar just worked for me.

I’m a big believer in weaving light attacks on both bars like you. I weave a light attack with every lash for example. That was enough for me to drop Bloodspawn. SnB front bar along with blockcasting in a pinch was enough to keep me on the front bar and not have to turtle up and just block and heal on the back bar.

Embers (which you can blockcast is a heal). Fossilize, flame lash, powerlash is a great heal. It just worked for me.

Destro Destro (Fire Frost). Is something I might try due to glyphs getting nerfed but I’m gonna try fire staff/ fire staff first. 8% single target damage is nothing to sniff at and in something like Sun those light attacks would be felt.