The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

bunny hopping bannable?

• GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jumping should cost health and delete your character if you use it excessively

I chuckled.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s horrible that anyone even has to worry about this kind of thing. Game is broke and they ban people for doing things their programmers allowed?

I get it. You agree to TOS etc. Doesn’t mean they can’t be sued for banning an account over mechanics their programmers allowed through negligence. Hopefully they ban a rich guy sometime and they get sued. Cost them more to go try to have the lawsuit dismissed that they ever made off the account. Would serve them right.

It’s quite audacious of them to even threaten a ban over people (accidentally or intentionally) performing actions their physics engine allows due to negligence/incompetence.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    As in, constantly jumping up and down while you're playing? No, it's not if you're doing it manually. If you're using a macro to do it, you're taking your chances. Macros are against the ToS, I believe; but people openly admit to using them on occasion, so draw your own conclusions there I guess.

Bannable or not, it's annoying. Please don't.

Also, I had to read "bannable" like four times before my brain stopped saying "bananable" ... not sure what's wrong with me.

I hate you. All I can read from here till the moment I die is bananable. You have replaced bannable.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    GreenHere wrote: »
    As in, constantly jumping up and down while you're playing? No, it's not if you're doing it manually. If you're using a macro to do it, you're taking your chances. Macros are against the ToS, I believe; but people openly admit to using them on occasion, so draw your own conclusions there I guess.

Bannable or not, it's annoying. Please don't.

Also, I had to read "bannable" like four times before my brain stopped saying "bananable" ... not sure what's wrong with me.

I hate you. All I can read from here till the moment I die is bananable. You have replaced bannable.

:D
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Allow me to clear up the confusion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaiyzO1X3HQ
    This is bunnyhopping that OP is talking about. Not normal jumping, nor any kind of hack.

I mean.. so, just maxing speed stats, sprinting and jumping forward immediately? That's all I'm seeing, right?

Why should this even be banned? lol
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean.. so, just maxing speed stats, sprinting and jumping forward immediately? That's all I'm seeing, right?

Nope, it's a strafe jump to gain (and retain) more forward momentum than otherwise possible.

It's *not* just a normal run + jump with rapids ...
    rolleyes.gif
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

Nope, it's a strafe jump to gain (and retain) more forward momentum than otherwise possible.

It's *not* just a normal run + jump with rapids ...
    rolleyes.gif

Ahhh, I see now. Still, I don't think it should be bannable.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is no one concerned about lag switches though???????

• killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    lag switching to mitigate dmg and such should 100% be bannable.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Allow me to clear up the confusion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaiyzO1X3HQ
    This is bunnyhopping that OP is talking about. Not normal jumping, nor any kind of hack.

i can see this being exploited hard. especially in Cyrodill and battlegrounds
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So anybody knows how many bunny hops per minute allowed before character is locked? I am not able to chain more then two occasionally and average chance for big hop (~3-4x normal jump length) is like 15-20% and for small hop like 35-40% (2x of normal jump length)??? I'm using basic 3 button mouse.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wabbit season
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    should cost stamina to jump
    i hope it happens
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    should cost stamina to jump
    i hope it happens

Really, it's just a timing thing. Like a metronome. I don't get all of the irrational hate for jumping.

It also let's you LOS over some terrain and hit people at odd angles on walls. Try it sometime.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    you can also bunny hop by holding W, A or D, jump and weapon swap at the same time, if you get it down properly you can chain them and you get fast af. But it only works on perfectly flat floors. Also works best when you have major expedition active. If you overuse it though your character will get locked for like few days to up to a week.

We kinda do it in Xbox regularly
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's not a banana offense. LOL. It's just jumping done while moving at high speed. I do it all the time.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keevil111 wrote: »
    Streega wrote: »
    Jumping should have stamina cost.

This...

Here we go again. And if we go that route then heavy attacks should cost more as well and not return Stamina or Magicka. I mean let's be realistic right?

A heavy 2H sword being swung over and over again sure as heck wears a person out quickly. It sure doesn't give you Stamina back with every heavy attack.