The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

bunny hopping bannable?

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried bunny hopping for a couple weeks. It DOES help slightly with getting Frags to fire. You can even test it out by dancing (and hopping) around a DPS dummy.

Edited by Emma_Overload on October 13, 2018 9:57PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just sprinting and jumping on a flat surface. I highly doubt it's bannable.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trinotops wrote: »
    It's just sprinting and jumping on a flat surface. I highly doubt it's bannable.

And killing mobs that were awarding millions of xp during last year's IC event was just playing normally. Just because it's in the game and accessible by everyone doesn't mean ZOS won't consider it bannable.

A bannable offense is whatever ZOS says it is, and you don't always know ahead of time what they'll be offended by. Anyone who does it is seriously taking chances abusing physics bugs like this. Neat trick, perhaps, but not worth the risk imo.
  • Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    And killing mobs that were awarding millions of xp during last year's IC event was just playing normally. Just because it's in the game and accessible by everyone doesn't mean ZOS won't consider it bannable.

A bannable offense is whatever ZOS says it is, and you don't always know ahead of time what they'll be offended by. Anyone who does it is seriously taking chances abusing physics bugs like this. Neat trick, perhaps, but not worth the risk imo.

I guess I should've said that I don't think it should be bannable. A neat little party trick that will only actually help you once in a blue moon isn't really comparable to something like last year's IC or asylum exploits. Animation cancelling is more beneficial and difficult to pull off than this imo. But yea, until ZOS gives an official statement I guess there is no guarantee that you won't get banned, although I'd say it's pretty unlikely someone would report this in first place.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    kadochka wrote: »
    Bunny hop?
    (Is this, like, spamming closer attacks???)

Pretty sure OP meant people spamming jump (usually a behavior seen by caster builds like magsorc-magblade, bunny jumping seems to have a lot of advantages for them)

Yup. Pretty sure the OP has no clue what we have always called bunny hopping and decided to use that term for a speed hack.

He's kind of right. Bunny hopping used to be used in quake 1 to describe using an explosive to boost your speed, then a skilled player could keep the momentum by timing jumps just as he landed. Could even steer them too.
    As far as I'm aware, that was always what was meant by bunny-hopping until counter-strike bastardised it, to simply mean it's constant jumping to make your head harder to hit.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Iunchbox
    Iunchbox
    Bunny hop?

Pretty sure OP meant people spamming jump (usually a behavior seen by caster builds like magsorc-magblade, bunny jumping seems to have a lot of advantages for them)

Yup. Pretty sure the OP has no clue what we have always called bunny hopping and decided to use that term for a speed hack.

1. its not a speed hack
    2. we are arguing semantics and what it is called for different games.
    3. weve already established what i am talking about and you havent offered anything insightful or have still to even read or try to understand what im talking about because you called it a speed hack.
  • Iunchbox
    Iunchbox
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Allow me to clear up the confusion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaiyzO1X3HQ
    This is bunnyhopping that OP is talking about. Not normal jumping, nor any kind of hack.

is that video of being banned is fake? also yes that video is what i am talking about but you can move much faster and chain the jumps together.
    Edited by Iunchbox on October 14, 2018 12:18AM
  • Iunchbox
    Iunchbox
    Since there is confusion, here is an example i just made to clear things up.

https://youtu.be/ARLHgurwdp0
    Edited by Iunchbox on October 14, 2018 12:58AM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iunchbox wrote: »

The guy in the vid posted didn't get banned, he got caught by the games speed detection and temp char locked. I have not seen the one you have done, though it seems to start the same way. Technically it counts as an exploit, but its 99% not going to be a bannable one. (like the 0 dmg fall bug)
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Iunchbox
    Iunchbox
    ak_pvp wrote: »

The guy in the vid posted didn't get banned, he got caught by the games speed detection and temp char locked. I have not seen the one you have done, though it seems to start the same way. Technically it counts as an exploit, but its 99% not going to be a bannable one. (like the 0 dmg fall bug)

hm... im suprised speed detection didnt lock me? ive reached pretty insane speeds . i filed it with zos (like feedback ticket) because i really want to know if it counts as a one off mechanic or an exploit that others have been banned for doing. but everyone i talk to doesnt get what it really is, like alot of people in this thread. so i think it is rare?
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Bunny hop?

He's kind of right. Bunny hopping used to be used in quake 1 to describe using an explosive to boost your speed, then a skilled player could keep the momentum by timing jumps just as he landed. Could even steer them too.
    As far as I'm aware, that was always what was meant by bunny-hopping until counter-strike bastardised it, to simply mean it's constant jumping to make your head harder to hit.

Bunny hopping is still in effect in FPS games, Quake Champions has revived it for le Quake too, you can always spot new players, and as a result the salt from them is funny, as they think it is too fast paced, but agreed, a moving target is harder to hit, but as I already referenced too earlier in thread, you just lead the target, and aim where they are gonna go, or to the ground, so they can jump to their hearts content, they are still gonna die
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Bunny hopping in this game is hilarious, almost as bad as the Battlefield games, should be where it belongs on the fps genre, a moving target is harder to hit, if your a noob that is, very easy to kill bunny hoppers, even easier on this no skilled game, just hit tab to target, there is no leading the target or nothing.

>:)

i dont think we are talking about the same thing.... i am talking about bhops that look like how phoon bunny hops. really really fast. you can go in and out and move across map fast.

I am talking about actual bunny hopping, what you are referring too, is not a hack or exploit.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    all these pro mlg quake/cs gamers on these forums. What the op is talking about is actually called glinding. It's a manipulation of momentum in physics engines through strafe jumping techniques to increase velocity. It has nothing to do with being harder to hit and in this type of game would probably be classified as speed hacking and result in a ban.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gonna be hard to find walls in cyro so we can gain speed without a RL ;D

Cheers to all QW players!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bunny hop?

Bunny hopping is still in effect in FPS games, Quake Champions has revived it for le Quake too, you can always spot new players, and as a result the salt from them is funny, as they think it is too fast paced, but agreed, a moving target is harder to hit, but as I already referenced too earlier in thread, you just lead the target, and aim where they are gonna go, or to the ground, so they can jump to their hearts content, they are still gonna die

Haha, back then, on dial-up, you had to lead them anyways... I remember first getting broadband and dropping from a 250 ping to 17.. couldn't hit a thing because I was too used to how much you had to lead with a high ping..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought bunny hopping was removed after the thieves guild patch. Pretty cool that you can still do it, though I'm not sure on how.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Nerf jump please”
    Edited by O_LYKOS on October 15, 2018 10:14AM
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bunny hop?

Haha, back then, on dial-up, you had to lead them anyways... I remember first getting broadband and dropping from a 250 ping to 17.. couldn't hit a thing because I was too used to how much you had to lead with a high ping..

Hehe aye, I remember the trauma of those days also, thanks for the reminder hehe.

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    killahsin wrote: »
    all these pro mlg quake/cs gamers on these forums. What the op is talking about is actually called glinding. It's a manipulation of momentum in physics engines through strafe jumping techniques to increase velocity. It has nothing to do with being harder to hit and in this type of game would probably be classified as speed hacking and result in a ban.

Right...

So anyone who jumps in ESO, should get banned?

Right...

It is laughably easy to tab target some bunny hopper in this game, in other games, it requires skill and they are harder to hit, i.e why people been doing it for years and years in FPS games.

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Scarpion
    Scarpion
    ✭✭✭
    The video maker OP is questioning had his character locked twice and he had it unlocked twice. It is not bannable according to ZOS.
    SDk & MSorc.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can also bunny hop by holding W, A or D, jump and weapon swap at the same time, if you get it down properly you can chain them and you get fast af. But it only works on perfectly flat floors. Also works best when you have major expedition active. If you overuse it though your character will get locked for like few days to up to a week.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on October 15, 2018 11:16AM
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    No but it should be and videos of it should be exempt from forums name and shame policy so we can ridicule them publicly :)

Agreed.
    Edited by keevil111 on October 15, 2018 12:57PM
    PS4 NA
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    Jumping should have stamina cost.

This...
    PS4 NA
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right...

Right...

It is laughably easy to tab target some bunny hopper in this game, in other games, it requires skill and they are harder to hit, i.e why people been doing it for years and years in FPS games.

When you say tab target, does that work the same way it does on WoW, you can literally tab between targets and I guess Shift-Tab to flick backwards?

On console it's point and attack, excluding the highlight which I think takes priority.

Either way, I jump a lot. I guess this is a PC exclusive issue.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know a few people who got specific characters banned a few days for "high ping", all of them after doing those jumps. It might be legal to do and this only a problem of false registration, but I would still not do it unless ZOS specifically allows it.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here Khajiit is thinking this was going to be a thread about Eggmas and the giant chocolate rabbit daedra.

Oh this one is so terribly disappointed yes!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Right...

Right...

When you say tab target, does that work the same way it does on WoW, you can literally tab between targets and I guess Shift-Tab to flick backwards?

On console it's point and attack, excluding the highlight which I think takes priority.

Either way, I jump a lot. I guess this is a PC exclusive issue.

Um not sure, never played WoW.

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it's bannable, but I wouldn't do it (assuming you are talking about either the consistent fast jumping, or intentionally using those terrain glitches where you can rocket off random bits of terrain way faster than you should).

If there's glitchable terrain in BGs (and there is, just the untargetable spots to take the Chaosball illustrate that) it should be fixed...glitchable terrain in cyro are less of a big deal because you can't really dictate where fights occur unless you're scroll-trolling, but BGs are small enough that it'll come into play more often.

There's a video out there of like, 16 people on horses hitting one of those terrain bits, and it's hilarious.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping should cost health and delete your character if you use it excessively
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping should cost health and delete your character if you use it excessively

No, logging in should do that.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.