Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forced auto-loot when gathering.

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I always heard that the respawn time was longer when people left items in the chest.

That is a misconception and a lie. It was confirmed several times by ZOS and you can also test it yourself. Go to some remote location, open a node and leave it without picking anything up. It will respawn after the same time as a fully looted node.

It is a bit different with chests since there are other factors affecting their spawn. A partially looted chest will still despawn but it is not guaranteed to respawn at the same location. That has nothing to do with being partially looted. Just the way chest spawns work.
    I said I had "heard that." I wasn't saying I was 100% sure of it. Don't you dare call it a "lie" just because it's something I'd been told by people in the game. How rude and demeaning of you to say that. You might be right, but you're unbelievably rude.

I've called it a lie because some people intentionally spread this rumour because they really want everyone to pick all the junk from chests. For some weird reason. I was not implying that you are lying.

And thanks for pointing out that I'm rude. In threads like this I try to be.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radudraq93 wrote: »
    So we all daily encountered with looting nodes ,chests,thiefs trove, or crafting etc... Being left with a junky item like worms (for plant),lockpick (for trove) etc.. is that very unfair and I encounter this everyday! This must stop now and all players must be forced to loot all the content from that chest, plant,ore vein etc...

Just another plebe with ESO+ complaining about people who don't have it. Try resource gathering without Plus and see which is worse.... You having extra worms, or going back to a city every 5 minutes to sell off crap to make room for more resources
    I don’t have ESO+ bc I think it’s kinda dumb, but a better solution would be I don’t know, stop hoarding useless junk or destroy it? I barely touch the resources when I steal items anyways and if I accidentally do, I destroy it.

• deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a better option, auto-kill the touched resource node or chest after a certain time. :)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we all daily encountered with looting nodes ,chests,thiefs trove, or crafting etc... Being left with a junky item like worms (for plant),lockpick (for trove) etc.. is that very unfair and I encounter this everyday! This must stop now and all players must be forced to loot all the content from that chest, plant,ore vein etc...

Just another plebe with ESO+ complaining about people who don't have it. Try resource gathering without Plus and see which is worse.... You having extra worms, or going back to a city every 5 minutes to sell off crap to make room for more resources
    Plenty of us did, back before ESO+ even existed.

There was no craft bag, there was no double bank space, there was no personal vendor.

There are merchants along every major pathway in the game to accommodate this. You stopped at a stack or two - problem solved.

It was a non-issue then, too.

If items 'left behind' actually somehow prevented people from getting what they needed, if they somehow caused a shortage of some thing, there'd be an argument here.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Let junks behind and stop respawning.
    As much as I hate half empty nodes, I don't want to force people to pick up the loot.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont have room for worms in my bag. Cant loot them even if I wanted to :trollface:
    Edited by Sinolai on October 16, 2018 12:18PM
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Force auto-loot for gathering yes.
    I voted Yes, Reasons: Yes, i get it, some people choose, for whatever Reasons not to have ESO Plus, ergo no Craftingbag but, look for example at me, i9 have the Craftbag and my Inventory is max, 200 spaces, that said, i very often come to a Treasure Chest or Thieves Trove and get the nice Notice, you already have Map X in your Inventory. What do i do? I destroy the one in my Inventory and loot this one. Just check your Inventory, Im sure you find always 5 to 10 Items that are utterly worthless, be it to you or in General, be it the second stack of Lockpicks, some Gear/Weopon Items that have 0 Value and bring no EXP ect ect. Your Inventory is never Full, full with worthwile stuff that makes it Impossible to take 2 or 3 items from a Crafting Node. If you Gather, you make sure that you have enought Inventory Space. Said all this, i would force auto loot and if your Inventory is too full, i wouldnt let you pick the node at all
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Force auto-loot for gathering yes.
    Jaraal wrote: »
    I autoloot everything. Ain't nobody got time for standing around sorting stuff out. While you're standing around pondering what to take and what to leave, I've already looted the next one.

Ahh, so your point is really nothing about leaving stuff behind, but that all* containers, bags, furniture, dead NPCs, etc should be auto-loot, with no option to turn it off? Not judging, but not a typical suggestion.

* except maybe when thieving or pickpocketing?

Yes, that's what I do, even pickpocketing. I sort my stuff out when I get back to town. Not going to be an ass and leave lockpicks in a Vvardenfell treasure chest when I can loot everything and reset it for the next guy who might enjoy that Armiger motif or Triptych painting. Some people are only concerned with themselves, but karma will come back to you with the same measure you put into it.

Also, if on PC, you can use Addons like Junkbuster, i for example destroy automatically every Weopon and Armour with a max price of 0, every Treasure that isnt minimum Green
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I autoloot everything. Ain't nobody got time for standing around sorting stuff out. While you're standing around pondering what to take and what to leave, I've already looted the next one.

Ahh, so your point is really nothing about leaving stuff behind, but that all* containers, bags, furniture, dead NPCs, etc should be auto-loot, with no option to turn it off? Not judging, but not a typical suggestion.

* except maybe when thieving or pickpocketing?

Yes, that's what I do, even pickpocketing. I sort my stuff out when I get back to town. Not going to be an ass and leave lockpicks in a Vvardenfell treasure chest when I can loot everything and reset it for the next guy who might enjoy that Armiger motif or Triptych painting. Some people are only concerned with themselves, but karma will come back to you with the same measure you put into it.

Also, if on PC, you can use Addons like Junkbuster, i for example destroy automatically every Weopon and Armour with a max price of 0, every Treasure that isnt minimum Green

ah yes since PC has addons that sounds like a great reason to shove forced auto looting down the throats of 2 other systems who don't have them. Brilliant!
    Edited by lagrue on October 16, 2018 10:04PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t have ESO+ bc I think it’s kinda dumb, but a better solution would be I don’t know, stop hoarding useless junk or destroy it? I barely touch the resources when I steal items anyways and if I accidentally do, I destroy it.

So you think they they should.....
    - Take the stuff they don't want
    - Take the time to open their inventory
    - Find the useless stuff they never wanted
    - Destroy the useless stuff they never wanted?

That's just as effed an idea as forcing them to go into town and sell the useless stuff they never wanted. At least that way they are making some gold for the work they never wanted to do. Instead of just doing a bunch of work for nothing at all. :face_palm: :unamused:
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not saying yes or no because of it would be nice thing but it would be too hard to add without having flaws.

Like what if someone just fills inventory with random stuff and splits raw resources into stacks? like in that way you could just keep harvesting normally, even with forced auto loot..

ps: only way to solve this would be to give infinite inventory and crafting bag for everyone and then force auto-loot. :D
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really all they need to do is add the Loot timer, just like group content. If I pick a flower and it isn't empty 5 minutes later, respawn it. Problem solved.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really all they need to do is add the Loot timer, just like group content. If I pick a flower and it isn't empty 5 minutes later, respawn it. Problem solved.

Good call... that is almost exactly what they do.
    Edited by Elsonso on October 16, 2018 10:00PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not!

While I get frustrated with the idea of picking up someone's leftovers from a chest, forced auto loot would defeat the ability to open chests for other members of your party when they cannot or even opening them for your friends so they can pick the stuff up.

A better application would be for the chest or node to despawn after 20 or 30 seconds of initially being opened or tapped.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That function already exists. Nodes have a respawn timer that starts the minute they're cracked open. It doesn't matter if junk is left inside or not, it respawns at the exact same speed.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »

That function already exists. Nodes have a respawn timer that starts the minute they're cracked open. It doesn't matter if junk is left inside or not, it respawns at the exact same speed.

Well then why the :rage: are people bitching?
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others