The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

If Murkmire launched today with the current build what do you feel the PVP and PVE meta would be?

• lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    templesus wrote: »
    For 1vX PvP:
    S Rank: Stamblade
    A Rank: Stamden
    B Rank: MagBlade StamSorc
    C Rank: Stamplar MagSorc StamDK
    D Rank: Magden MagDK Magplar

Stamblade having class access to 25% AoE reduction will be broken, making it completely dominant. Stamden is only getting buffed as well although it's already known to be one of the top PvP classes in the game. Magblade and StamSorc will both have amazing mobility next patch amidst all the mobility nerfs which puts them a cut and above the other tiered classes. Stamplar and Magplar will have virtually no chance at killing heavy armor stamblades and difficulty killing majority of Cyrodiil next patch because their spammable and ultimate are both gonna be mitigated by evasion. On top of that, Stamplar is taking major defensive nerfs with changes to rune. StamDK is still suffering from having to use dizzying with no real supporting damage, the only thing they have going for them is their good survivability and the 8% weapon damage buff they are getting if in med armor next patch. MagSorc will have far better mobility then the bottom tier classes which is my only reasoning for putting them above, and I personally believe resistances effecting shields will allow for some solid builds to be theorycrafted. Anybody who has 1vXed on Magplar or Magden or MagDK know just how garbage tier those classes are open world 1vXing and knows it doesn't really need an explanation. They really didn't receive any meaningful buffs and Magplar got significantly nerfed with the aforementioned evasion change.

PvE:
    I refer you to Liko.

This is embarrassingly wrong on so many levels. Stamblades already have access to 25% AoE reduction through blade cloak.

Magblades got nerfed harder than magsorcs who were already a higher tier than them.

MDKs are very strong this patch and you have them at the bottom.

I’m gonna go ahead and say you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about tbh.

Perhaps your mistake is to think 1vX = PvP balance. It doesn’t, by the way and based on how horrible your opinions are, I doubt you’re any good at it unless you’re being carried by a crutch build anyway.

Do you even 1vX? I literally said that list is for 1vXing only. If you claim to 1vX then on the same not claim MagDK is strong st 1vXing then my guess is your version of 1vXing is called “Zerg surfing”. This is where someone plays solo, but actually runs around with Zergs and outnumbers people. Usually these are garbage tier players. Does this sound familiar to you?
    likecats wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Stamblade
    Stamden - MagDK
    Magblade
    (insert gap here)
    Magplar
    Stam DK
    Stamsorc
    Stamplar
    (insert YUUUUUUUUGE gap here)
    Magden
    Magcrafter

magblade 3rd with no healing ward and nerf to harness magicka? LOL
    Yeh good luck surviving

It literally has the best survival toolkit available to it paired with the highest damage skill in the game.

In PVP? What on earth are you talking about?

No burst heal, no class shields and literally every single heal is a HoT and youre out here saying it has the "best survival kit"

lmfao I wondow why theyre pretty much extinct in Cyrodiil

Multiple HoTs+Best Mobility of all mag classes+Major Evasion+Good sustained damage and burst = Good class

Except realistically (using a standard ranged magblade build),
    2/10 classes can reflect all your abilities dragging the fight indefinitely regardless of their personal skill.
    Another 2/10 classes can use shimmering to drag on the fight indefinitely regardless of their personal skill.
    5/10 classes can dodge ALL your abilities, dragging on the fight for a decent while.
    5/10 classes can't be kited reliably even though your gameplay depends on it. (although this is getting buffed next patch !yay?).

With a standard magblade, aside from Magplar, Magsorc, other Magblades you can't reliably kill anyone in a 1vX situation, even if they are absolute noobs thanks to wings and shimmering shields, and ALL your abilities being dodgeable.
    I feel a huge difference in the number of people I can reliably kill on my stamplar vs my magblade, since I don't have to worry about wings, shimmering shields, or dodge rollers (especially with spin2win) on my stamplar.
    So many people are angry about major evasion reducing templar damage for 25% on classes with major evasion, well hello, magblade has to deal with wings and shimmering, both of which are FAAAR more stronger (vs magblade) than 25% reduction on some abilities.

Before you say "You can use concealed weapon", I'll just say that melee magblade has been nerfed consistently for the past 2 years without any buffs. This patch with nerf to healing ward and forward momentum and merciless, the playstyle is officially dead. May as well play a stamblade if you're into playing melee magblade. If you made a list with melee magblade as a separate class, it will easily be at the bottom of the list for next patch in pvp.

Magblade is a great class for duels, because you can switch out skills for your specific opponent and control the fight more. But outside of dueling, it's melee build sucks in pvp, and it's ranged build can't reliably kill like half the classes in decent time.

Ive never had any problem killing a DK with wings in Cyrodiil on my magblade. Granted, Wardens are tanky and hard af to kill, but then again no class excels vs every class. Certain classes counter others. Magblade is going to shine because their mobility’s is going to be the undisputed best of all Magicka classes next patch, which is going to make a massive difference. And I don’t want to hear the same excuse “no snare removal” just slot must form like Magplars and MagDKs have been doing since launch.

I’m saying that your assertion that 1vX is the be all and end all of PvP is wrong.

It wouldn’t surprise me to hear that 1vX players represent less than 5% of ESO’s PvP population.

BGs and group Cyro probably make up at least 80%.

MagDK isn’t good in 1vX but it’s top-tier for BGs and small group PvP.

As for Magblade vs DK. Unless you’re running a 2h melee build, you don’t really have any options vs a wing spammer since (for reasons known only to ZOS) attacks like swallow soul & crippling grasp are “projectiles”.

mDKs are easy to kill, just slot a lit staff and watch him burn his magicka with HA. If you put an oblivions glyph in an infused staff, it's even hilarious.

Wings are quite overrated... they always work with lower tier players.

Regarding my meta, I'm planning getting the Ice runeword to use it in a Chu-Ko-Nu, using fissure and hurricane as main skills and sniping enemies from afar. Shako or Jalal or even a good rare pelt with +3 to elemental skills, CoH as armor, the rest just the usual, Mara, ravenfrost or some crafted jewelry.

Sorry ZoS, but you lost me to a game that's almost 20 years old. You must be proud.

You’re talking about duels where you can build to beat your opponent. That’s not a practical reality when in Cyro or BGs.