Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

State of the Servers...

kaithuzar
kaithuzar
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_BrianWheeler

PC NA (vivec especially) I can understand 2 years ago when there were 500-1,000+ players in Cyrodiil & you guys said “spread out/play multiple campaigns”.

Right now, there are seriously maybe 50-100(max) people in game on this campaign fighting. My ping is jumping between 183-317 according to your tracker. Getting anywhere close (from resources to keep) to where the fighting is, causes your character to move unnaturally fast while everyone on your screen freezes & you disconnect after 10-45 seconds.

This is a consistent thing. Multiple players have had this issue.

Are you seriously telling me that the campaign/server can’t handle 50 people???
Member of:
Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
Just Chill - Crown's house
GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
Legend - Siffer fan boy club
TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
Purple - hamNchz is my hero
Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad but true :(
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aleswell just now on Vivec PC NA was an absolute shambles. No wonder they don't charge a sub for this game, they would have refunds left right and centre.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This month on the PC NA Vivec campaign I earned 150 AP on three characters, one for each alliance. With about 12hours left their rankings were, AD-7600, DC-7800 and EP-7400. I understand this is not the total number of separate accounts, but how many characters. Yet, having at least 23K characters logging in (I know not at the same time) means PvP is active, so the idea of having 50-100 max players at anyone one time is not true. Unless those few folks are running 200 different characters in PvP.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    This month on the PC NA Vivec campaign I earned 150 AP on three characters, one for each alliance. With about 12hours left their rankings were, AD-7600, DC-7800 and EP-7400. I understand this is not the total number of separate accounts, but how many characters. Yet, having at least 23K characters logging in (I know not at the same time) means PvP is active, so the idea of having 50-100 max players at anyone one time is not true. Unless those few folks are running 200 different characters in PvP.
    That's only because players are playing multiple characters just for end of campaign geodes -- it's the Cyrodiil version of doing writs on all of your characters. It's a bad system.
    Edited by zyk on October 14, 2018 7:12AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 way pop lock seems to be something like 400-500 players, of which maybe a 100 at any given time are AFK or in IC. And people on other platforms are reporting the same horrible performance lately. You can spread out all you want as an individual, but the lag will follow you across the map to the farthest corner standing alone.

23k total characters means very little, IMO. I did at least Tier 1 on 12 characters. Patch is coming up; I need geodes. I know lots of people doing the same. Then we have the new characters that come to Cyro to unlock rapids. And the PVE'ers that just want vigor/caltrops and then wash their hands of it and never come back.

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wc9c4Aa.jpg

Click insightful to pay respects.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one bar of the population is ~one raid size grp while i think pop-lock has twice the size - 5x25 = 125 player per alliance is my guess where the population limit is at the moment. Quite a small number if you look at the size of the map. The small number of player will also make stacking of players on some hot spots more attractive since you will not find any action anywhere else.

This game seems not really well optimized for such a large battle zone. Even smaller numbers of players can lag out the server. The server must handle all fights so a very big fight on one side of the map will lag out the whole map.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game definately feels laggier which is strange considering the amount of improvements they've supposedly been making. Not sure if it's all the buffs on characters now? All the new sets getting added each update plus CP? Does any tech savvy people know if it's possible to cut back on server costs? Not sure how zos servers work but that would be bs if it's a thing.

All I know is, game is still unplayable even until 2am EST. My mistform doesn't go off until i've already lost 90% of my health, or i somehow seem to get negated out of mistform? like idk game is so laggy that you just instantly implode through mistform from 100 Xv1 skills that have no counterplay combined with a bunch of siege lol.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on October 14, 2018 5:16PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a Great game. Be even better if the servers could perform their role efficiently.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night the ales 3way was nuts.

Na-pc- vivec
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It feels like they're cutting back on server power. Nothing more than a hunch and not ready to don a tin foil hat but it just feels like they've given up on cyrodiil performance.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been this bad before. My clips from 2.3 tell me it was just as bad if not worse. That was an awful patch for PVP performance.

I use 3.0 as my baseline. Think back to the first Midyear Mayhem event during 3.0. It was SO smooth compared to now despite massive zergs. It's been downhill since.

I think the key problem is the gameplay is designed for 12 player instances. In game development, designers don't just add abilities and other functions on a whim. Performance is profiled extensively to ensure players can't break the game. IMO, ZOS does not factor AvA into its performance profiling at all. That's why Battlegrounds PVP is limited to 12 players -- like Trials.

Faction stacks and never ending fights are also a factor. 50+ players on at least one faction showing up at a keep or outpost is completely normal. Those fights feature an incredible amount of server calculations, not only in the form of player abilities, but also siege. How many objective fights are siege-heavy stalemates for 10-20 minutes before a 2nd breach is opened? In a keep fight that can happen twice. Long fights attract players like moths to flame, compounding the problem.

AP payouts have been more than doubled over the years, so there are a never ending supply of Forward Camps to extend these long lagfests.

ZOS keeps adding more proc functions to weapons, sets and passives.

Finally, players are better than ever. Target Skeletons have elevated the overall skill level of the playerbase. There are more competent players than ever before. Competent players stress the server more than inexperienced players because they are more mobile, survive longer and execute abilities at a faster rate -- thus the per player server load is probably higher than ever.
    Edited by zyk on October 14, 2018 9:46PM
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll leave this here
    https://youtu.be/WeJgbyt8cAQ
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_BrianWheeler what would it take to be able to ride up to a keep under siege without being disconnected from the game server? Surely that's not too much to ask, is it?
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Hey @ZOS_BrianWheeler what would it take to be able to ride up to a keep under siege without being disconnected from the game server? Surely that's not too much to ask, is it?

On the weekends, with all my settings turned low, and no other programs using my internet bar the minimum, I cannot ride to a large scale keep battle. I will crash every time.

Lots of people have the same issue.

Not good enough.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just released builds / raid schedule for next patch. Sad thing is my raid schedule times are based solely around when the server performance is at its best whilst still having enemy zergs to kill. There are like a couple of very particular time slots that i'm gonna have to play in. I honestly don't see any point entering cyrodiil during prime time at this point... either make your guildies log in at 5-6am on wards or uninstall eso at this point lol.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly don't think that reporting bugs will change anything or bring any kind of acknowledgement.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    final_5bc48f01baea270012d6ac24.png
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭

AP were running three raids last night (and LFG were running a small raid as well), and I saw DC have full raids in two different locations for a good portion of the day. I'd say there are definitely more than 50-100 active fighters at a time, just taking into account those EP and DC raids. The problem is, it was always multi-raid versus multi-raid in a given location. Those large scale fights are the real performance killers.

I believe the campaign cap is somewhere around 150 per faction (correct me if I'm wrong),

Yes, the lag and server stability is still pretty bad. Ride to a keep that's currently under attack, and there's a good chance you will get disconnected as you get near to the keep. And afterward it takes 2-3 attempts to connect back, as you get an error that you are unable to connect to the server. Makes me wonder if those disconnect are not caused by some anti-flood technology within their network, where a lag burst would trigger these, blocking you from connecting for 5 minutes.
    Edited by RMerlin on October 15, 2018 3:53PM
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" The definition of insanity; by Albert Einstein (supposedly). Move on people the other 99% have, value your time and energy more than the garbage heap ESO values it as.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »

AP were running three raids last night (and LFG were running a small raid as well), and I saw DC have full raids in two different locations for a good portion of the day. I'd say there are definitely more than 50-100 active fighters at a time, just taking into account those EP and DC raids. The problem is, it was always multi-raid versus multi-raid in a given location. Those large scale fights are the real performance killers.

I believe the campaign cap is somewhere around 150 per faction (correct me if I'm wrong),

Yes, the lag and server stability is still pretty bad. Ride to a keep that's currently under attack, and there's a good chance you will get disconnected as you get near to the keep. And afterward it takes 2-3 attempts to connect back, as you get an error that you are unable to connect to the server. Makes me wonder if those disconnect are not caused by some anti-flood technology within their network, where a lag burst would trigger these, blocking you from connecting for 5 minutes.

nailed it.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    RMerlin wrote: »

nailed it.

You need to help EP stop running 3 raids in one TS and stacking together in the same spot. Props to Drac for fighting elsewhere all weekend.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS refuses to address blobs and, surprise surprise, performance continues to plummet as blobbing gets worse.