Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Starting Over in a New Land

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I’m finding myself hooked on leveling the new character created in EU for the Community Psijic Villa event!

Last night, I ran a random daily Battleground, Dungeon, did writs, trained horse, joined an Alik’r Desert Dolmen Farm, etc. went up 10 levels in no time. Joined undaunted. Had to find spindleclutch. Joined mages guild, fighters guild, thieves guild, dark brotherhood etc. Basically Getting ready. Im even researching crafting stuff.

Went to Cyrodil and find that to be just too rough on low toon. The slow mount speed and easy get killed starts getting to ya very quick. Maybe it’s just playing Daggerfall toons. We suck. Oh, and if I wanted to get to the imperial city...forget about it. Not making it to the imperial city and certainly ain’t doing anything there if you do.

Battlegrounds are where it’s at to get AP for them alliance war skill lines. It’s fun, fast paced, actually stand a chance..maybe not high level toons, but for me it feels right on.

The game feels much more streamlined than it used to. And yeah, I’m kind of rushing it. I imagine most newer players probably do. Haven’t really bothered with much questing. Having a blast running around doing things. Leveling rewards stuff is very cool.

I’m having more fun with this guy than I do on max level toons.

So to that, I’d have to say Good Job ZOS!

That’s probably more important a job to get new players hooked or like this game than pacify old timers gripping about everything you try to change.

Some Thaughts

I have been cheating. I’ve used guild members to transport around Tamriel and open up the map. I think there’s a way to do it proper, but that could take some time. All the DLC areas have one wayshrine in them. I could see that helping new players out a bit if there were one wayshrine open in every zone maybe. Just a thaught.

Daily log in rewards. Well, I started a bit late. But if anything useful could be changed here, get rid of the soul gems and crown repair kits, and put more mount training stuff in there.

Putting on the writs. Guild traders have saved me a ton of leg work getting mats to do writs. Strikes me odd that on my NA account, I’ve got thousands of this stuff, never even use it. Then I come here and I got nothing. You know, daily log in for some potatoes might not be a bad idea.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Continue the Journey

So last night logging in run a random daily dungeon and battlegrounds. It took a few battlegrounds before I was able to win or come in second place for the XP bonus. Still quite fun!

Fungal Grotto 1 is actually fun and the right challenge on low toon. I think we were all doing the dungeon quest, but I typed it up in chat anyways. Got 2 level ups from that.

Did a Bolgrul’s daily undaunted delve. It was a simple go fetch me the head of this boss thing. Get a skyshard and level undaunted.

Started a Mages guild one too. They’re in public dungeon. Got group event done. I had some help of other players in there. Might not be so easy to solo.

Need to do the fighters guild ones too, but they can take awhile.

Gear is about due for an upgrade. Level 15 stuff on a level 28 toon ain’t quite cutting it anymore. I really thaught I’d be able to keep this stuff till at least 40 or so.

I’m having a bit of a hard time trying to figure the main quest out. Wasn’t gonna mess with it, but skill points are needed. Supposed to talk to some guy in Daggerfall, but I’ve yet to find him.

The Under 50 Campaign

My new friend that made me gear asks if I’d join in the under 50 campaign to help with an emp push. I figured sure! Never really actively participated in one of these.

The game is different here. Taking resources to weaken things like the devs original intent is much more needed. Strategic play and group organization is also still a thing. NPC are OP AF.

Got into a 1v1 with a Sorc when separated from the group. This fight could have gone either way very quick! I was frantically calling for help but the group went on to another resource.

I secured the win, but it was no easy task.

It was a fun action packed fight, dodging, attacking, healing using them cool crown purple potions. Love the Cha Ching sound when using them. Sub Assault is so hard to land on a moving target. Half the time it fires the wrong direction.

Next thing I know it’s 11:00 pm and I gtg, but we secured 2/3 the map. I’m sure the small squad was able to finish it off.

I really should have made this my main campaign. I could possibly have a chance at getting emp here too.

Under 50 Battlegrounds

Heavy armor and Werewolves in these battlegrounds are ridiculous . You can’t even hope to put a dent in these guys health bar, while they tear you to shreds very quickly. I’m bout to start crying an point finger s at them for cheating. It’s not fair. Wahhhhhhh

It’s alright. Live to fight another day.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant do it. Doing everything again is worse than pulling teeth
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Same, I have my main with good mount skills, then three others who I haven’t leveled up yet or used because I don’t want to go through trying to level all the mounts again because I sadly thought the mount skills were account wide.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can really understand how this would be appealing, just not sure if I could do it. Those memories of first starting this game and the innocent joy I used to have from playing are fond memories.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did the same thing when they introduced the Leveling rewards, always fun with a fresh start :)

PC
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been doing this too...starting with nothing on the EU server. I actually started a couple of months ago, just for the fun of it. I was quite excited when I hit level 50 and again when I hit CP 160. I don’t play there a lot, but I have been signing in and doing crafting writs every day, especially since some of the daily rewards are useful for new players. I’ve leveled up all the hard crafts to 50 (even jeweler LOL) and done enough research to be able to craft decent armor for myself. I also now have close to $1 mil gold on that server after starting with empty pockets (that 100,000 k from last month’s sign-ins helped). And now, thanks to the recent event, I even have a massive house in Arteum.

I haven’t tried PvP over there...guess I should give it a whirl. I’m CP 230 or so there now.

Anyway, it’s a fun challenge to start fresh and not as forbidding as it sounds, since you already know the game and what to do.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    created 5 toons (one of each class) during the summerset event over in EU land...

I was just going to do one, but, one led to two, which led to five...

it's a challenge playing with no cp and mismatched gear...

right now I have them all in vivec EU...unfortunately during the time I log on (late west coast US) the map is really empty...

the thing I'm enjoying the most is having all 5 characters in the same alliance - go covenant...

I have 10 characters (one of each race, mag/stam version of each class) in vivec NA...I have 4 DC, 3 AD, 3 EP toons...

it feels really good to fight for just one side - even if it does mean getting gated all the time...

I'm at level 17 now on most characters, I've been doing some of the initial main and guild quests to help level and gain skill points...

it's funny, I can solo dolmens okay, but, no chance yet on being able to solo a resource...

it feels kind of good being able to rez so many folks in pvp - I'm dying some too, but, not nearly as much as some of the cp players around me...I guess spending 3 years in cyrodiil you do learn a thing or two :)

hopefully I'll have each up to a riding speed of 10 soon...rapids is a must for cyrodiil...

two biggest changes from when I first started playing new characters:
    - daily login rewards (super helpful)
    - navigators located within the different cities - my method for opening the map...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 11, 2018 7:03PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ThumbtackJake
    ThumbtackJake
    ✭✭✭
    Doing this myself. Family and friends play on Xbox so I've moved over to there for a while. Starting over kind of sucks, but it's also a bit thrilling to have so much to do and experience everything again.
    Long term filthy casual.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just couldn't do it. I get how it could be fresh, but all the stuff you're going to do on the regular I've done way too many times. Main quest: 15 times. Dolmns: Over 1000 easily. Public Dungeons: I've completed them all on 15 toons and run them MUCH more with others so they dont need to go alone. Skyshards: Once abain, 15 toons, I hate running for them. Group Dungeons: Dialogue memorized for 70% (well, the dialogue you dont skip). I take it no cp can be a challange, but you're just doing a prolonged fight you already know the mechanics to. You could help others yeah, nothing wrong with that. I guess if you get that new player feel than keep up having fun of course. PvP: Yes, this would be new and interesting and quite fun, even on a new toon.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. I created a character for the Summerfall event and then decided to at least train the horse and unlock all the wayshrines... which led to doing crafting writs which led to grinding skill points. CP 112 now and I'll go to CP 160. Afterwards it will be collecting enough skill points for max level crafting and then I'll just log in once a day for 15 minutes.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dang George 5 toons Lol! That’s pretty smart even if just for horse training. I’ll have to look into that. I was gonna get one to 160 then maybe work on another.

I’m east coast about 30 miles outside of Washington DC. At 7:00 pm for me it’s 2:00am for these guys from Sweden I’ve been running with.

Make sure to log into your NA account to get the daily rewards.

• Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    On a different game, like Everquest II when I was still active there, starting a new toon would be actually fun, because questing there doesn't give any significant rewards except some exp points and on-the-fly cheap gear to survive. And achievements. Gotta love them, but they're so useless. So it can be just mindless fun.
    In ESO though, questing through is very essential with all the skill point rewards and skyshards and ability unlocks, so it's a big required work from start to end, and I couldn't bring myself to start with a new toon again either. Besides I'm not much of an alt-o-holic anyway, just made my one character and he's my main, other one is more a crafter, that's all I need.
    Life is a ride, like days in a train, cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Weekend is Here

Well, over the weekend, I made some awesome new friends. I was running through Zones doing public dungeon for group event. This German guy basically carried me through all of them, gave me a bunch of gold for bag space and did dailies.

The EU has been very very good to me. I keep meeting good people and players.

Some random guy groups me up yesterday and starts running this huge pilgrimage quest in Craglorn. All these world bosses and delves. I never re did Craglorn after the big Homestead update a long time ago. It was weird. Familiar but different. Oh and long. Like really long drawn out quests packed with a ton of XP.

Ran around Spellscar for a minute. Need to get that fighters guild leveled up. It’s taking forever.

Dungeons

Had a normal WGT. Had to kick the fake tank straight away. Then we got a max level tank that wanted to fly through it. He forgot that low level toons don’t have the kind of burn to do huge pulls.
    He pulls two deadroths to the room with Lascerator, Flatulent and the Xixyken Nightblade Guy. The lascerator kept healing them and took forever to take out that pull.

I need to put some kind of spreadsheet together to list all completed dungeons.

Players have been pretty cool with hanging around long enough for me to finish the quests. I’m somewhat vocal about it.

PLEASE DON’T LEAVE!!! I HAVE QUEST

The leveling

I’m leveling up like crazy. Late Friday I hit CP level. When I couldn’t take anymore gaming Sunday, was at CP 90. Getting to 160 will be very fast I think.

These in between 50 and 160 levels are odd. Like having trouble getting enough mats to make a set. Not even really worth making a set. Because the levels go so fast. I could see this as a big problem to someone that doesn’t have the drive to speed grind a toon. Some other things could use a little adjustment too. Like leveling skills faster, crafting and research times etc.

Cool Swag

Oh yeah, one of these crates from leveling or log in rewards, I got an inferno camel mount and a pet elephant. My daughter loves riding the camel around and beating up crabs.

Other Plans

Soon I’m gonna make another character for the under 50 campaign and do some work there. The regular one is really bad for me right now. There’s not much point in going there.

I never thaught I’d like battlegrounds this much. They’re where the action is. It’s fun, fast paced, the tide can turn dramatically at any second and randoms make que time quick.

My mail box is getting full of rewards for the worth, and I’ve almost maxed out tranny stones I can carry in bank.

• lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love your writing style. Very enjoyable to read OP
    PC-EU @lientier
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmm, now you have me re-thinking my approach...

leveling all five at the same time is nice for sharing gear and taking my time...

however, focusing on getting one character to at least cp160 seems like the smarter way to go, at least for fighting in vivec and running dungeons...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    I love your writing style. Very enjoyable to read OP

Thank you for noticing. I actually went back through and broke it up a bit so it would be easier to read. I’m still very much novice with editing tools and stuff, but try to make things flow a little better.
    geonsocal wrote: »
    hmmmm, now you have me re-thinking my approach...

leveling all five at the same time is nice for sharing gear and taking my time...

however, focusing on getting one character to at least cp160 seems like the smarter way to go, at least for fighting in vivec and running dungeons...

Now I’m feeling a bit dumb. I broke all these gears down after new ones were made. Diddnt even think about re using this stuff. Still, would be good time to start horse training and maybe writs. Bolgruls an Alvur’s daily missions for undaunted and mages guild
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am doing something similar. But it was a pre-summerset event idea that was made useful by the event. I currently have 15 max level characters on the NA server, with max CP. So I decided I would create a new character on the EU server and after level 10, do nothing but level the character in Cyrodil in Vivec.

It has been brutal, but I have only played sporadically. And I am doing zero crafting. So I relegated myself to only using gear I get from RWOTW or gear I can by from the vendors in Cyrodil. Only level 14 right now since leveling in Cyrodil is slow. But it is fun and it kind of teaches you to survive first do damage second on a class. But I will say, a level 14 in Vivec with no CP and mismatched gear is crazy.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    next patch we'll start getting jewelry and weapons in the rewards for the worthy mailings...much needed...

it's funny, even though my toons are only around level 17 without complete gear sets and no cp - I'm not having too much trouble keeping up and staying in the fight...

of course my only chance of really damaging anyone is using siege :)

still, there's a lot you can do to help support the allies around you (I'm rezzing a lot of cp folks :p)...

my main concern or issue is that at the time I play (late US west coast) the map is pretty empty...

as a solo player, not much I can do to participate in cyrodiil without any allies to fight with (I can go though to imperial city in do quests in relative peace)...
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly considering on switching to PC from x box 1. I just hate the thought of starting from scratch. I got close to 2 mil gold all the armor sets, all the maelstrom weapons, flawless conqueror, leveling a crafter again, I have almost 1000 cp blah I dunno if it would be worth it honestly.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly considering on switching to PC from x box 1. I just hate the thought of starting from scratch. I got close to 2 mil gold all the armor sets, all the maelstrom weapons, flawless conqueror, leveling a crafter again, I have almost 1000 cp blah I dunno if it would be worth it honestly.

The only appeal that PC has over Xbox are the addons.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice breakdown! I've been thinking of trying EU out as well! I've always heard its a nice server to play!
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

I thought the same, but I leveled a character on other server and I'm enjoying it. It really helps me see just how bad CP really is.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Nice breakdown! I've been thinking of trying EU out as well! I've always heard its a nice server to play!

depending on where or more aptly when you log on, it's like playing the game at the very beginning - you pretty much have zones all to yourself :)

it's only been a couple of weeks, but, the toxicity in cyrodiil zone chat is pretty non existent (very very much welcomed change)...

it was really funny, was on the other night and someone was doing some pretty mild complaining and immediately there were people jumping in telling them to chill so they could relax and enjoy the game - I love that...

folks there are polite, but, pretty direct...

hopefully us NA types don't spoil things too much over there...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Productive Time Spent

Leveling is going too fast. Strange right. I’m up to CP 113 now and still don’t have Dawnbreaker. I’ve stopped using XP scrolls. Still have a few. Need to get Ballista and DB leveled up before it’s too late. Possibly Undaunted passives? Might overshoot that one by a mile.

My crafted gear and jewelry sets are level 20 and badly in need of an upgrade. Hate to keep bugging people to make stuff for me.

I’m not gonna torture anyone jumping into vet content yet. Don’t even know what Monster Set I want to go with. Kind of hoping for Skoria. Got a few keys saved up. Not sure what I’m gonna do.

Time to Plan Ahead

It’s time to start making serious decisions about how I’m gonna do this thing. And CP placement. Thinking around %2~%3 in everything then throw rest into piercing. I’m kind of all over the place ATM.

Gonna get into HelRa the second I hit CP160 if any group would let me. Hundings/VO/Chudan would be optimal setup for me...if I can convince a group and myself I could handle vet Mazzatun. Skoria might just be the way to go really.

Guess I’m gonna stock up on alliance war pot. The good green stuff.

The Witches Festival Starts Soon...

I’m so torn. I need to spend time on the NA account for achievement stuff. Want to get this EU guy leveled and geared up. But not too fast. What a conundrum. How to fit all these activities in.....anyone got a time machine I can borrow? Probably could use to get some achievements while I’m here as well.

There Will Be More To Come

I’ve already got the next post topic in mind. It’s gonne be :

“Guess What I Did Last Night”

Good right!?! Yeah. Just gonna leave your moms out of this conversation. Because like. We’re grown ups and stuff.

There may be another post in between. Due to technical difficulties and such. Possible skill barriers unforseen. I’ll be sure to include a screen shot when it happens. Or maybe it’ll be a picture of a grown man curled up in a ball crying in a corner.....Maelstrom does that to people.

Got a Few More Too

Coming later this year, going to introduce :

The Level 26 Emperor

160 CP Stormproof: Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

How The Skin Sellers Work & Other Dirty Little Secrets

Traders: A Different Game

It’s A Really Big Game

Come on. These are all killer topics right. The moderator already shaking his head. Erghhh some posts had to be removed because. Because. Because.

Try to stay on topic kids.

That’s all I got for now

That’s about it. Same story. Leveling is in a weird place. Gearing out timing may be too. Events coming up. A lot of stuff to do. I’ll report back when this toon becomes a “ Made Man” or Orc Lady as it were. Hero for all?

See ya later.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm there with you...trying to figure out how to split my time between the 2 servers during the upcoming events...

that double xp is going to help me a bunch over in EU land...
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have toons on the EU server also but find I just don't have time to play both EU and NA. I'll log into my EU main from time to time but I may end up deleting them all. What I hate though is I got lucky with crates on the EU side and have some apex mounts that I'd lose since nothing can be transferred across servers.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Max Level

Well, CP 160 came and went in a hurry. At 150 I started working on trials to get gear needed for this excursion. It has not gone well at all.

Over a dozen normal trial runs and only 3 pieces of VO including a Helmet/Shoulder.

This stuff used to drop much better out of here I remember. (I got an AY Dagger CP 150, don’t tell anyone)

One of my new friends made me a sweet set of Hundings Rage CP 160 weapons and body! This guy has been a lifesaver!

Can’t Stop From Trying VMA

It’s rough. Really really rough. What should be the easy rounds are monster struggle. You don’t realize how much difference CP and Gold gear makes. I’m at CP 168 or so now, and this isn’t gonna be easy.

Stuck on the fourth round. I know what to do. It’s just not coming together. It feels like there’s different threshold at which makes VMA possible.

I have Kraghs Head & Shoulder, Hundings Weapon/Body and Vengeance Leach Jewelry. The damage is just not there and you take a lot more damage being low level.

Gotta get my gear situation ironed out. Need to get into a Trials farming group or something. The Craglorn pugs are painful at times.

Other Things to Do

Still trying to level undaunted. Get Dungeon skillpoints, gear. Done a few Hardmode Vet base dungeons.

I can’t use the que for Vet DLC stuff. Probably couldn’t beat it anyways with the groups I’ve been thrown in with, but even if I wanted.....Need some helmets....got to get into an open minded guild or something.

Crafting. I’ve almost got all crafting stuff except jewelry and alchemy to 50! Not enough Skillpoints for them, and probably another 6 months to research everything. That’s just not gonna happen. Really want to gold out my weapons and keep alchemy passives then be done with it.

Take a Break

Relax, go into Cyrodil! Guess what. My Daggerfall brethren are in just as bad shape here as in my homeland. Can’t get into a group. We’re pushed back to our gates. Even try to do something and 50 yellows come out and put a stop to that with a quickness.

Go do something else.

Back to Battlegrounds! I’m digging battlegrounds more and more. The ease of getting action and possibly standing a chance is so much better than Cyrodil. Don’t get me wrong. I’m still terrible at these, but it’s easier to swallow without having to ride 10 minutes away to be shut down straight away.

Other things

No One Talks. Dozen trials, not a word. Dailies, no one says a thing. I guess, it’s because there’s so many different languages over here or the time difference. It’s fascinating to me.

Tempers. I’ve been searching all over different guild traders and they are hard to find or overpriced AF.

The Inferno Apex Camel Mount I won from crate has horns and looks like a dragon.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Screwed The Pooch

Overshot the Stormproof 160 target by a mile. I’ve severely underestimated the difficulty of getting gear together and setting this character up in a position to accomplish some goals in the timeframe I allowed myself.

Anyhow, it’s been a lot of fun. The community has shown much support and I will continue to work on target, but there’s no rush now.

I Went Back In

Can’t help myself from trying! I’m stuck on the fourth round?!# Like seriously? I figured maybe the 5,7 or 9 would be a problem, but the fourth round? My guy just doesn’t have the damage/ survivability for this.

I know what to do. It’s just not coming together. The mobs aren’t dying fast enough and they hit my dude like a truck. My gears not right and CP are low. I’m gonna get it sooner than later, but these easier rounds should feel...easier first.

The Language Barrier

Trying to get into pug trials until I can get this gear put together has been quite the chore. Running them is no problem. Just getting into them. Yesterday was a German Group I think? No one spoke any English at all.

Finally get into a group where people talk. And I’ve no idea what they’re saying.

They diddnt seem to know what I was asking for in chat by “LF Vicious Ophidian”

Then I saw someone post “LF ophidien cruel” something or other....I think this is it what I need. I tried to ask. Kind of. Got ignored. Well maybe. I’ve no idea.

But guess what I got. Another AY one hand axe. Sadly I’ve no interest in this Set here. I posted it. No one seemed to show any interest. I thaught that odd no one wanted it. Oh well.

A different trial, one guy posted his VO necklace, but refused to separate with it to me. I dont know? Things are different here. I’ve been having complete crap luck getting trials gear.

Daily Dungeons Vet

I’ve been doing regular daily’s on Vet hardmode with no issues. It won’t let me use the que for Vet DLC. Those probably wouldn’t go so great anyways. Need to get Veledreth something fierce.

One time, I’m gonna pop siege shield just to mess with them.

Crafting

Clothing, Blacksmith, Enchanting, woodworking, provisioning are maxed out. I can make all races armor and HollowJack.

I grouped up with a guy one night and made/ traded enchants to break down. It was pretty good use of time I think.

Need to get some cheap reagents and boost Alchemy.

As a means for good gold, selling all intricate Jewelry and gear for now on. Still breaking down purples.

Used all my gold on bag space and buying Tempers. Got 5 so far! Need to gold out my weapons with a quickness.

Cyrodil

The Aldmeri Emperor ilDrachen something or other. 23 mil AP. Give me a break man. The whole flipping map is yellow.

Try to take my home keep back, and get met by this guy and 50 of his closest friends at Warden.

Where’s the rest of my Daggerfall brethren? Oh you already knew that would happen so found something better to do. SMDH

Well at least there’s battlegrounds to get some Semi-fair action. Except werewolves. Gawd I’m starting to hate werewolves in Battlegrounds. These guys are crazy strong. And just light attack you to death while their Sorc friends steal their kill with an endless fury. That’s kind of funny actually.

Ah the battle wages on....

There’s So Much To Do

I kind of have a small daily routine of fun gaming in ESO. Train the horse, do writs, pick up Daily Dungeons and an Undaunted daily.

There’s also mages guild daily, Fighters guild daily; do that while que for random daily; run a random battleground, try to do the Daily dungeons etc. All the DLC, Summerset, Morrowind have their own daily stuff to do. Try to get into a trial, etc.

It would take you all night to do all the dailies on even just one character.

I’ve never played any other MMO. Totally hooked, Absolutely Love this game. It never feels over. There’s always something to do.

Not sure what I’m gonna do once the main mission is accomplished but unti then,

See you around Tamriel EU
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You Thaught This Would Be Easy

There’s a song by Pink. ♪♪♪ ♪♪♪ try try try ♪♪♪ ♪♪♪.

Done over 40 trials now, the gear situation is getting better, but still like wtf. For the life of me can’t get this jewelry to drop.

I keep running into hardcore players....I guess I kind of am also. Ran through a bunch of Vet hardmode dungeons with this group getting some monster helmets needed and dailies.

....Iv’e even led other players that usually just do normal through Vet hardmode easier stuff.

The disappointment in this one guys voice was humbling....like that’s Vet hardmode? That’s it? So what’s the difference?...I dont know? One key or 2? Lol!

Dailies over the weekend were CoA1 and Spindleclutch 1. Was there a Vaults of Madness and Banished Cells 1in there maybe, Elden Hollow...they’ve all been Melding together. No idea. I’ve ran a lot of dungeons and trials.

CP Makes The Difference

I’m at CP 214 now. One Legendary Nirnhoned Dagger, Legendary Bow, some CP 150 Hundings Rage green Jewelry. All I could afford.

Damage is getting better. Nothing to brag about or anything, but some decent gear and fairly well executed rotation go a long way. I don’t feel like my damages are holding me back from much at this point.

But my survivability is pitiful. I can swap out a few one piece add armor monster set...it just doesn’t compare to the CP damage mitigation. I’ve been nuked by things that really shouldn’t be hitting quite that hard. I know it’s just the CP difference.

This doesn’t make sense. Percentage wise, %8 hardy/ elemental defender, %15 direct damage and Dot reductions are all I need to not get nuked so much. It doesn’t sound like a lot, but without it, life is tough in Tamriel.

We’re Not Alone

There’s many players from my country here now. I can’t really put my finger on why or what drives us to start over here. But I think it’s related to the feeling of progression. It’s much more prevelant and enjoyable in a lower level character.

Getting a few CP here and there, Golding out a weapon or piece...you feel the progression. You can really tell your character is getting stronger by adding a little here and there.

My 1200 CP guys don’t have the same feeling. The harder thing with them is getting a group together to do things.

Should I Stay or Should I Go ♪♪♪

I had some simple goals starting out here. Overshot them by a good bit. Advanced my character way more than intended. Now find myself playing for fun. Which is the name of the game in the first place. But I’m in a conundrum now as to why I even started.

I have seen a level CP 370 with Flawless Conqueror. Whether that’s a start over or someone’s alt I dont know? I don’t have that on a max level toon yet. Kind of gave up on getting it really. (Nerf Sorc Lol!)

The times I play here, it’s super late at night for these guys. There’s still players on, but I’m far passed prime time.

It’s enjoyable, but I kind of already done this once. Iv’e no desire to grind out a couple hundred CP or quest anymore.

The thing is, I’m having fun! I guess that kind of out weighs a lot of things. Starting from the beginning, I learned quite a few things. Got to learn what a new player to the game would experience. Got a lot of help from the community, and meet some awesome people!

There’s a dilemma every time I log in now. NA or EU? They’re just different for me. I’ll probably keep doing what’s fun.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling a new main on NA is the most fun I've had with ESO for along time.

Now I'm CP600+ and things are starting to go stale again, hopefully my NA guild will be ready for some Trials/Arenas soon.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***