The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Starting Over in a New Land

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The March Forward

Well. CP 230 now. I tried. Really tried hard. Couldn’t get it done. The gear grind is too much to overcome. I’ve spent quite a bit of time in the arena banging my head against a wall.

Ran a ton of trials, dungeons, undaunted daily quests etc.

What is surprising is how good a level 230 CP can be in content. I broke down and did a DPS test on some random guildy’s dummy. Hit 24k...not great, but not bad I think. I’m no kind of DPS monster or anything even with BiS toons.

Real Life Comes First

Yesterday running another trial, the group decided to go Vet HelRa after normal. While I was tickled pink to join and would have beat it, time ran out and had to go do dinner. FML with capital FML.

Nope. It’s a game. Not gonna start fights with the woman of my life over this. But dam. Could have totally had that freaking VO necklace I’ve been after...some other time maybe.

The EU guys don’t get it. They’re like, it’s freaking midnight and your doing dinner? It’s only 5:00 pm here man.

Guess What I got

Still not the freaking VO necklace, but I got another AY Dagger. You better believe they were all over me to get this. I’m not normally one for selling dungeon gear, but this cat need to make some gold for tempers and stuff.

Now, I dont know what the going rate is for these things, but some silly mothers sorrow staff you can farm Deshan for all by your lonesome self fetches an easy 100k.

But I’m stuck here in trials with out a proper group of endgame buyers with unlimited means....I got 50k and 6 rosin.

There’s a little more to the story. One of these guys ever so politely asked me to leave because my CP was low....now wants something I got......he could totally beat the deal I took.

This time, I chose to Be salty. But you know...it really diddnt feel good.

Iv’e been incredibly lucky getting this Advancing Yokeda stuff over here, far more so than in my homeland. Maybe it’s because I’ve been running HelRa like mad.

Legendary Crafting

So now, all my weapons are legendary gold quality. Sitting on 3800 WD, %65 Crit things should be getting better now.

I should go beat up on the skeleton and see how much difference it make. Nah.

There’s some skillpoint conundrum and re spec is very costly for these activities. There’s still a few dungeons for skill points I have to run and I’d really like some DLC monster helmets and need some shoulders to go with.

I’ll have to ask some of my new friends to help me out. Should be used to it by now, but sometimes feel like such a creep asking for help.

Can’t Stop

I’m hooked. We’re all hooked. What is it about this game? Having too much fun doing stuff. This guy ain’t going away so soon.

I’ve seen a few low level Stormproof running around here. Don’t be fooled friends. I know these guys are on alts and stuff.

I saw there is a Guild for NA converts. Thinking about joining up, but I’m all full atm.

• Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    The March Forward

Well. CP 230 now. I tried. Really tried hard. Couldn’t get it done. The gear grind is too much to overcome. I’ve spent quite a bit of time in the arena banging my head against a wall.

Ran a ton of trials, dungeons, undaunted daily quests etc.

What is surprising is how good a level 230 CP can be in content. I broke down and did a DPS test on some random guildy’s dummy. Hit 24k...not great, but not bad I think. I’m no kind of DPS monster or anything even with BiS toons.

Real Life Comes First

Yesterday running another trial, the group decided to go Vet HelRa after normal. While I was tickled pink to join and would have beat it, time ran out and had to go do dinner. FML with capital FML.

Nope. It’s a game. Not gonna start fights with the woman of my life over this. But dam. Could have totally had that freaking VO necklace I’ve been after...some other time maybe.

The EU guys don’t get it. They’re like, it’s freaking midnight and your doing dinner? It’s only 5:00 pm here man.

Guess What I got

Still not the freaking VO necklace, but I got another AY Dagger. You better believe they were all over me to get this. I’m not normally one for selling dungeon gear, but this cat need to make some gold for tempers and stuff.

Now, I dont know what the going rate is for these things, but some silly mothers sorrow staff you can farm Deshan for all by your lonesome self fetches an easy 100k.

But I’m stuck here in trials with out a proper group of endgame buyers with unlimited means....I got 50k and 6 rosin.

There’s a little more to the story. One of these guys ever so politely asked me to leave because my CP was low....now wants something I got......he could totally beat the deal I took.

This time, I chose to Be salty. But you know...it really diddnt feel good.

Iv’e been incredibly lucky getting this Advancing Yokeda stuff over here, far more so than in my homeland. Maybe it’s because I’ve been running HelRa like mad.

Legendary Crafting

So now, all my weapons are legendary gold quality. Sitting on 3800 WD, %65 Crit things should be getting better now.

I should go beat up on the skeleton and see how much difference it make. Nah.

There’s some skillpoint conundrum and re spec is very costly for these activities. There’s still a few dungeons for skill points I have to run and I’d really like some DLC monster helmets and need some shoulders to go with.

I’ll have to ask some of my new friends to help me out. Should be used to it by now, but sometimes feel like such a creep asking for help.

Can’t Stop

I’m hooked. We’re all hooked. What is it about this game? Having too much fun doing stuff. This guy ain’t going away so soon.

I’ve seen a few low level Stormproof running around here. Don’t be fooled friends. I know these guys are on alts and stuff.

I saw there is a Guild for NA converts. Thinking about joining up, but I’m all full atm.

I have also been hooked to EU for some time. I'll have to look you up and run some vet content in the future. Its hard to find folks when I usually log in because its like 1-2am over seas when I'm free to play. The ones that are on seem to be pretty **** good though in comparison to NA. I was in a BG last night and got wrecked by this stam mob team 4x in a row and one of my team mates was freaking out in German, at least I thought it sounded angry, LOL.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kylewwefan absolutely awesome read...thank you very much for sharing :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    This is a good thread.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have to imagine - someone at zos must have recognized the benefit of the summerfall pathfinder achievement and event incentivizing players to do the achievement on both platform servers...

no matter the motivation on zos' part - i'm glad they did it...i still enjoy playing the 10 characters i created and leveled in NA world...no doubt my focus though has been on the 5 newish characters i have over in EU land...

i wanted to develop characters with different build types than those 10 other characters...it's been a lot of fun...

was playing my SnB/2 hander stam dk last night - i seriously have to figure out some decent ranged attack skill...trying to fight without a ranged attack is really really hard...

right now all i have is the stonefist, and, resource cost wise - i can't really afford to use it...

i may end up having to go with fiery grip (not sure if i have it unlocked yet), and, just buff up my magicka some...

thanks to the 2x XP from the witches festival i have all the characters up to level 22 now...

still don't have everyone in ideal gear situations - fortunately though combat leveling helps me enough to be able to go through delves and dolmens fairly easily...completing public dungeons though are still a challenge on some of my characters...

fighting wise, i'm actually okay in cyrodil...i mean i'm not winning any 1v1's and my spell and weapon damage crit are all around 10%, and, i don't think any of my resistances are topping 20k...

thankfully there's more to being successful in cyrodiil than just having a buffed up character (although it definitely does help)...

re-visited EU vivec last night...was pleasantly surprised to get in on the covenant dethroning an emp than crowning our own...

it's been a while since i've had a chance to roll the map and grab enemy scrolls on either server...

still haven't really engaged much socially...the more blue folks on the map, the less group invites i receive...i'm not really a LFG kind of person, so, i'm pretty happy just to surf off of small groups...

last night got rezzed as much as i rezzed others which isn't that normal, but, it's been a couple of weeks since i've pvp'd, so, just need to warm up a little more...

thankfully i have everyone almost to a riding speed of 20...next will be getting everyone to a riding stamina of 10...right now if a random wolf looks at me sideways i fall off my mount...

now that i'm all blue all the time, i do feel more comfortable to kick in on cyrodiil zone chat though...it's no secret, at least here on the forums - i absolutely love low key trolling :p
    Edited by geonsocal on November 2, 2018 5:43PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes starting over from scratch brings back a bit of that feeling of adventure. You are up against a lot of obstacles you can't see past. But it's an illusion because you quickly remember what's behind that door, etc.
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally understand. I also liked to level an orc as a melee fighter on EU server during the Summerfall event. Leveling and receiving better gear is fun. Nevertheless I have yet so much to do for my characters on N/A despite my main is CP790 mag sorc.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I started over on PC (from Xbox) pretty recently, and it really has been fun. I can see why people do this. It's hard to resist the call of the power level though, especially since I already know how to do it and it would be sooo easy, but I think it would take the fun out of things.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol! I don’t know how you do it man. Going into the main campaign was just about a complete joke for me. I get rolled over so fast.

I guess you probably wouldn’t have as much fun relentlessly hitting trials and dungeons and stuff. Lol!

I had some help with the public dungeons. I could do them, but very time consuming. I’ve been leaning on the monster DPS players willing to help.

Battlegrounds are where it’s at to get my PvP fix. I que randoms for mostly. It takes awhile sometimes to get a second place finish for the bonus. May have won one so far? I’m fairly terrible. The sub assault is near impossible to ever actually hit someone with.

I’d have loved to be at the last emperor keep battle. Those are so fun! Except the ten minute ride to get there.

Getting the itch. Gonna have to go into Vivec tonight!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was funny, usually there's only a very few disorganized blue...

two players in particular - neon butter (whom became emp), and someone named vilgarath (?) were doing an outstanding job of calling out objectives...

very very key thing if you want numbers and a lot of players on the map are randoms...

it felt really good to roll through AD territory, even if it was just for one night...

they've had a deathgrip on vivec for way too long...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What!? I got to get in there. Neon is the guy that helped me out when I first started. maybe it’s a different neon?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    What!? I got to get in there. Neon is the guy that helped me out when I first started. maybe it’s a different neon?

that's so cool!!!

I'm not that familiar with the different players there, but, can't imagine there's too many folks on DC at that time with neon in their name...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The War Rages On

LFG. I’m rolling with the big dogs now! The appeal of this game to so many has always been the 3 Banner War and it is addictive at times. Some call it “The True Endgame”

No doubt, this is where creativity and a PvP build can really shine! Not that I have one or anything....maybe one day I’ll put something together that really does work.

But you fall into a rabbit hole. Get in here and hours fly by like minutes. It was a great time in Cyrodil this weekend. So much fun and organized Chaos! It’s so great when it comes together if only for a little while.

So Close, Yet So Far

Well Friends, I made it to the end of Maelstrom and hit a wall. I’ve been here before. This is nothing new. But because of that experience I can undoubtedly state that it’s quite a bit of game acting up. This can somewhat be expected playing on a server so far from home.

When things seem to be moving in fast forward. Choreographed fights known to a T are getting out of sync. I know what’s going on. Can try to work with it, but inevitably be overwhelmed by poor game performance more so than under leveled and outclassed.

I was stuck on 4. Then stuck on 5. Then rolled straight through 6,7,8. I was shocked at being stuck on 4 TBH. I did barely pass the rink of frozen blood by the skin of my teeth, and the Argonian Behemoth ripped my head off a number of times before it came together.

I’m gonna get it soon. But I need one more piece of hard to get gear first.

A Solid Dungeon Squad

Time to come clean. I put together a small team to help get Veledreth Monster Helmet. You can imagine the apprehension getting players to do vet Cradle of Shadows with a CP 230 player.

It was an interesting run. Had guy’s from Norway, Holland and New Zealand. I do believe these guys were all hammered as focus parts were tough to come by. Some conversations got very bizarre. One guy was a Vegan and going on and on about sustainability and killing all the life on earth. Just freaking weird, but you know. I need these guys. The Kiwi had some colorful things to say about it.

The Whole run took about 45 minutes and I did have an opportunity to show these guys a new trick fighting Dranos. It was not so bad. Got a much needed helmet and a skill point to boot!

Next stop, Ruins of Mazzatun! A Mighty Chudan Helmet would really come in handy. I tried getting a group for it. It’s tough.
    I got a phenomenal Craglorn tank, a springs spamming healer and a 15k DPS That isn’t quite sure of mechanics.

No one talks at all. It just couldn’t work. Thank you all for trying.

Really I need the right group. An alright tank. A healer that DPS a little and a solid 30k DPS we could knock it right out.

Crafting in Alinor

I Love doing writs in Alinor. Everything is right there. Pick them up and run down the list. I did another Re-Spec, bought some cheap mats and maxed out Alchemy. I needed it for passives.

Everything is maxed except Jewelry now. It’s at level 40 though, so not much longer.

Speaking of jewelry, I had a CP 160 Hundings Rage necklace made up. I’ve ran about 50 trials trying to get a VO necklace and got none. So totally over trials.

Oh yeah...maybe it’s just a PS4 NA thing...Dremora Bows. Very hard to find. Expect to pay a lot if you need it.

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally Stormproof!

It is finished! At nearly 100 CP over the target, but this CP 250 Stam Warden is Stormproof.

And all I got was this crappy Maelstrom S/B. There will be no going back in for some time. Just not worth it. Maybe I’ll level up some other toon to do it on....but this dude was rough.

Let’s get real, it took that long to get gear together and level up skill lines and find the right time for the arena to cooperate.

Gear wise, Vicious Ophidian, Hundings Rage, combination of monster helmets. Veledreth for some parts, Mighty Chudan Shoulder, Pirate Skeleton Head. I used Kraghs for the first half.

You take a lot of damage being under max level CP. My CP was all over the place, probably not optimized. I tried many things out.

The Absorb Stamina Enchant change was pretty good. The Bird of Prey change for Minor Berserk by slotting was major. Advanced Species changes helped. I swapped out Flurry for Dive. Got 3k more DPS on the precursor.

I tried using the Bear...he’s broken now. Just stands around. Won’t attack anything. Can’t fire ultimate...he just got messed up somehow. Better off with Dawnbreaker.

Learning it from lower Level has been eye opening. Different tactics had to be used. Many things are much much easier to Brute Force overpower, but if you don’t have quite enough well....update 20 was very good for Stam Warden TBH. Very Good.

What Next?

My Goal has been met to the best of my ability. The thaught of grinding out 600 CP....ugh no. Now we’re playing for fun.

Going to work on other characters. Feed horses. Do Writs. Random dailies, etc. Boring stuff. Till the next event.

What would be a good toon to work on? I heard Templar’s got a mighty buff this patch....I am really digging my Mag Warden on the NA. Though he is highly dependent on CP and I’m by no means Meta.

I’ve got some plans for you lowbies in Kyne. We’re gonna focus on a PvP toon. Get some things done. Yeah yeah yeah. I know it’s cheese. Everyone knows. How else you gonna do it though?

It’s not quite as sneaky cheesy as sniping Rakkat to death. Doh...so I’ve heard. I never find out about this stuff til they fix it.

WTF Happened?

So, Patch 20 hits. All my friends come on for a day. I guess they decided it was as bad as they heard it was gonna be. Now playing RDR2. FML. I should go pick it up and check it out.

I’m not sure what to do with ESO. Introducing more content that’s overturned for the vast majority of players in it.

Normal too easy, vet too hard. Someone needs to get a grip here. Oh wait they did. Now normal DLC stuff will Also be too hard for the majority of casual players.

We need Abnur Tharn to come make sense of things.

Save to post at a later date
    Edited by kylewwefan on November 8, 2018 1:38PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do both, especially if you are having fun, because that's the most important part. I've also been trying to play more on the EU server, even though my main account is on NA, because the ping is so much better for me there, but I find it hard to do everything again, and with no support from my main account. I don't mind the CP grind so much, I don't even actively grind for them, they will just add up by doing usual activities anyway, it's the gear farm that's getting to me, and basically hinders progress... vMA weapons, the dreaded BSW farm, etc... there's just so many sets. I decided to focus on 1-2 characters for gear farming, so as not to get too overwhelmed, but RNG is RNG, so it's not really in my hands :sweat_smile: Also, having lower CP means everytime I join a group and they are skeptical, I have to go into the same spiel: 'I know the mechanics here, I've done it before, etc.' to avoid kicks. It's not a lot of fun, so sometimes it'll be days before I go back there to play. I don't want to do a complete migration, even though it would make for a more meaningful progression, because I'd miss all my toons, my houses, and basically everything I've built all these years on my main account, so I'm just half-***ing it for the moment and see where it goes :smile:
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats on your SP! Keep up the good story!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been really enjoying being "chatty" over in vivec EU...

it's so funny - they have this thing where every once in a while a bunch of folks will just start saying: Hello...

chances are good when you rez someone they will most likely say: Thank You...

I've never really felt that comfortable communicating in cyro zone chat on the NA server, but, having a blast talking with folks over in EU...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 8, 2018 10:10PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, feel bad for the PC folks...but, RDR2 is a pretty spectacular game...can't remember when the last "must have" game came out...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stormproof Helps

I managed to get into a Pug Vet HelRa. An awesome player gave me a gold VO Necklace and I got a Gold VO Ring!

This may not be BiS for anything other than my purposes, but transmuted to Bloodthirsty, these bad boys really help a lot. I don’t think they’re quite worth transmuting at less than legendary gold quality. The extra damage really puts work in for a toon that doesn’t normally have execute.

On another high note, I also managed to get a group together for Mighty Chudan Monster Helmet run.

Uhm. It was rough.

The healer was same level as me. He diddnt really need anything from here so he suggested I replace him with something better. I thanked him for being willing to help me get this far.

I couldn’t leave, I really need this helmet. Found a healer in another guild, got it done the third try. He gave me his. So now I got 2 heavy Mighty Chudan.

Couldnt Help Myself

Everyone does it. I went back in to Maelstrom. If I could get that bow, or something useful out of this place....I’d make a new toon, farm it, get good over here; do single runs for leaderboard score.

But no. This time I end up with a very nice worthless Dagger and mace. It’s odd these were one time BiS now made completely irrelevant.

You know, there’s a steep learning curve running Maelstrom at CP 250. It’s not exactly easy regardless what you hear people say. You have to do things differently. Still have to deal with the arena spitting and sputtering and terrible RNG.

I was gonna take some time off from here, but I enjoy the challenge and my gear is coming together finally. I should seek professional help.

Don’t Get Too Confident

With these recent achievements, I felt like I’m in a position to help people out now. So another guildies looking for a DD to get Veledreth Monster Helmet.

I know this dungeon well, so volunteer to help. This guys like CP 700+ Tank. Proceeds to get the rest of the team together. Then find out he’s a fake tank. Doh!!. It was advised to find real roles for this one. I guess he’d spent long enough in que looking for one...we traveled in.

3 DPS and a healer. No good. I put on that silly Maelstrom S/B and slot puncture for bosses. That got us through Dranos. Veledreth hits you with this corpulence attack every now and then. It will one shot a non tank, and make life difficult.

We spent about 45 minutes in this dungeon. It was time to go.

I don’t really blame this guy. We knew up front what it was. I am thinking about re spec my toon though. There’s always a shortage of tanks.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so used to being able to craft anything, I think doing research all over again on the EU server has been the hardest. lol
    Wish you could mail fro NA to EU!
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 12, 2018 4:57PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Calling It

Well friends. I’m throwing in the towel for a time. A few in runs and got nothing worth a Rip. I’m seriously done with Maelstrom for awhile.

Turn The Page

Yesterday, I decided it was time for a big change. Re-Spec to tank. Easy to get into Dungeons and stuff. Had a lovely set of Tourgs made up by a guildy. Now got to level up some skill lines. Catch me around Spellscar.

Help A Brother Out

Some Guild guy was putting out a call for lfg City of Ash 2. What a fantastic way to test out a new tank. This dude had been trying for 3 weeks to get a group together to help him get a Valkyn Skoria helm with no success.

It was a rough start with randoms from the group finder. I suggested the GF after waiting awhile and no one else care to join. Me tank, him que as healer. We got one mediocre DD and one snipe spamming fool.

After wiping to the first boss a couple times the good DD left. Figures. We got an excellent replacement though. Top notch. Then kicked the baddy. Sorry dude. Get Güd then come back. I’m on a mission here, can’t be held back by you right now.

The Plus Ran Out

Just now the ESO plus ran out. Not sure I’m gonna Re-Sub. I can still play. Don’t have to bother with annoying DLC randoms. But also, I miss out on clockwork. It’s a double edged sword. The Murkmire irrational buffs and Nerfs...

Well, there’s a free ESO Trial now; how convenient.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forgot to Post

Made the last draft a short while ago, but forgot to post it. There’s some small updates.

Life Without ESO +

It sucks. Re -Sub promptly.

Guess What I Got

Weekly Leaderboard Maelstrom run got me a bow! Already golded out, pretty sweet catch!

Return to DPS

You know the worst part about being a tank is dealing with bad DPS. So why not just go back to DPS. I’m a little broke from all these changes, and inventory space is somewhat an issue. Don’t want to throw all that stuff away ya know. It took a minute to put it together.

There’s things people don’t really understand about DPS. I Don’t fully understand half of it myself. I view it more as thresh holds to get over. This high focus on single target isn’t really beast in all applications that I experience. Higher AOE damage to dispatch ads fully and faster is super important also. Bosses I can work with over a little more time.

Murkmire Performance Issues

This guy has been performing like crap since the update. It’s like playing from remote play or shareplay. There’s a noticeable delay in every action. It’s freaking weird trying to play fast paced but having to wait a second before anything happens.

Stuck in combat indefinitely. I heard they added that in there to prevent us from changing skills in combat or something. Like this is some kind of serious issue. Now I got booted from Vaults of Madness because I couldn’t get through the freaking door because he wouldn’t come out of combat. Great job ZOS!

Oops I Did It Again

Had to try out my new bow and see if I could get a better score....well, that diddnt happen. I got way worse. Another leaderboard run, but nearly lost 80k points. I did have to take a break for dinner and let my daughter play a little and there’s this really bad delay now.

You know what, it’s done and I got a score, and next week I’ll probably get a sharpened Maelstrom Inferno Staff to use on my Stamina Warden.....oh yeah I got the bow this time around. Charged. Which leads me to another question. Is there any status effects to put on anything from a bow? Would that affect the enchant? Would Infused still be better if that were the case?

ESO The Comedy

The CP 258 Stormproof was enough to turn heads for a little while. Sure, I was definitely stroking it but it also helped me get into some stuff that wouldn’t without it.

I am now at CP 300. I can que for Vet DLC dungeons.

I got voted out of Cradle of Shadows without a word because of my CP. just ported in to see the blue portal of despair to get the message “You Have Been Removed From Group” waste my time. I’m still salty about that one. I linked this sweet Maelstrom Bow In zone chat the seconds before being removed. Bunch of tools.

I also got kicked out of wayrest sewers and Vaults of Madness. This stuck in combat thing preventing me from going through doors needs to be fixed like A long time ago.

Time to Start Some Other Projects

I got a little baby Sorc To Level Up. Thinking about going for emp. We know it’s the cheesiest of the cheese, but hey. EMP.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only completed vMA, but did a leaderboard run...

If it wasn't for the ping, I'd probably enjoy starting over on NA.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often start over with new characters on a different server in MMORPGs, not least because the leveling process is all I'm interested in rather than any endgame, and I find the first two-thirds of the levels are always fresh and entertaining compared to the final third which tend to become more of a grind. That percentage split will vary from game to game, but the principle remains the same.

I also find that starting over on a different server means that I literally start from scratch, no CPs, nothing in the crafting bag or bank, no temptation to send gear/gold from one account to another, etc.

So - quite coincidentally in the light of this thread - I rolled a character on the PC NA server just the other night, having all my existing characters on the PC EU server. I have found it great fun so far, and the performance and population levels (which I was also interested to see) seem pretty identical thus far. I guess the Zone chat may differ but I play with that disabled anyway and rely instead on Zone English which is quiet on both servers.
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    Nice post OP. I hope I have the same experience when I decide to actually play my toons on the US server.
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
    DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
    PC
    AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
    EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
    DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
    PS5
    DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol dude, you describing it how u did this and that was more enjoyable to me than my recent time spent in ESO, got a feeling something is wrong with this game...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for dropping by. I gotta admit, I met some cool people along the way that helped me out like monster. From making gear, and giving me gold, running dungeons with me etc. you really got to get people with an open mind. But they were awesome and I couldn’t have done it without them. Maybe I just got lucky?

If you can get used to the ever present lag, the other big difference in playing is time zones. My prime time is 3:00am for most these cats so they often quite crispy and twisted by the time I get on.

Leveling from nothing is indeed quite fun. Til you hit 50. 50 is a smack in the face. Then when you hit CP 160. I had big plans for 160. Had to wait nearly another 100 CP to do it.

Currently, there is definitely something bad wrong with this game. It’s more than a feeling.

If you see a beautiful Orc Stam Warden pretending to be a healer in your random daily NORMAL dungeon...please don’t kick.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weekly Leader Board Rewards

I got knocked out of the top ten since a few more people have started running their Wardens. But I’m still in the top 20!

The board rewards were great to me. Got a Sweet Nirnhoned Maelstrom Inferno Staff already Legendary in quality. I need to level up a magic toon so they can use this thing.

I’m thinking about MagDK since they are easy enough to place with. Or Templar. I found Maelstrom to be surprisingly pleasant to run on my healer. (SPC/Julianos)

Am I Good Enough?

Yeah. I’m alright. I Had to prove it to myself. I run with a wide variety of players. Some are really freaking good. Some are really freaking bad. Like they’re deliberately thwarting their own efforts. But always always always play with cool people. Don’t put up with bad attitude that starts rubbing off on you and making you have a bad time.

Play how you want, but try to be good. I met a guy that refused to have his toon eat food. Told me that stuff was for pansies. I really liked this guy though. He was Chill AF.

Help Someone

As a side project for a spell, I ran Maelstrom for people on shareplay. Because, I do kind of have done it on every class. I know a little bit on all of them, but not really a guru or anything on all. Many my friends have been absolutely amazed what you can do with their toon. All I did was show them how. Many of them now do it for themselves.

I have also failed pretty hard. Just recently tried to help a guy out. His toon was decked out in BiS Sirroria/ Mother’s Sorrow and I couldn’t do anything with this toon. Felt like a complete tool. I guess you only know what you know really. I’ve no idea how this guy got as far as he did with this setup. He called me trash. Lol!

Competitive Play

I’m not gonna be competitive in Maelstrom on Sorc and only marginally on nightblade. The other 3 classes left I probably wouldn’t be either if anyone knew how to play them. You can see the scores and know there’s a big gap to fill on everything outside of Sorc.

Sorc ranges from near 600k to 400k lows.

Even nightblade has large range from near 600k to 280k making the boards. No other class even come close to filling out the roster.

The low score runs won’t stick for all time highs, but I doubt players are nearly as proficient with this top class as they let on to be.

I like warden because so many people view them as a weak class and won’t even try to get good on them. I find them incredibly durable and resilient and have no idea why more people aren’t doing things with them.

I think most choose a fight you can win rather than place on. But not me. Here I am stinking up the place.

Trials Leaderboards

You know people always talking about this and that for trials, group composition, BiS setups etc. Well AFAIC that pertains to about a small handful of groups on each server. With Many of the same players toons throughout the whole top ten.

It appears as most groups outside of the top 5 are in the same boat as me. Just happy to get a complete. I’m not doing serious score runs or anything on the EU because

1.) Wrong Class
    2.) Wrong Race
    3.) Low CP
    4.) unnecessary pressure
    5.) not in one of those type of guilds.

There is no such thing as a Craglorn Pug score run with any kind of expectations. Get a grip. Oddly, everyone seems to have a Trials guild but they don’t run trials with that guild. Because they’re not on a core team or some other nonsense. I ran them to get what I needed and that was about it.

Back on the NA, I ran Vet SO. It was the weekly. It’s different from the EU right now. Odd. There were talks of doing hardmode. These guys kept talking about how it’s the easiest hardmode. I’m glad we diddnt. A few first timers in there. We come out with an alright score and make the weekly anyways. My people were cool and it was fun. How it should be imo.

• Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice update! congrats on getting a MA Inferno too!
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m losing motivation to come back here and keep up the good fight.

Log in to get my daily reward and log out. I haven’t fed my horse. She must be starving by now. My house here looks just a hodgepodge as my NA home. Kind of throw stuff around to make inventory space.

I had a few missions. Destroy Solkyn Voriak. Make a leaderboard run. Emperor

It’s time to level up a new toon. There’s a mountain of obstacles to overcome working on another account. Under 50 campaign is rough. But it’s the last thing I need to do.

Just the other day, I call out an lfg for normal randoms and my peoples on the NA told me to go back to EU Kyle. It was funny!

My NA guild is starting to ramp things up and I’m falling behind messing around over here. Can’t spread yourself too thin.

This isn’t really goodbye. It’s meh. You’re now a side project.