Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wild Impulse [Feedback]

• mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally dont get how a spammable skill gets a DoT bonus from this set

I also think the DoT should be the same element as the staff you're using and instead of all 3 for a few seconds each
  • santos.vellab16_ESO
    On a related note @Masel92 Shock Clench Explosion cannot crit either (nor is its damage based on the initial hit damage, which would explain why it can't "double" crit). I showed it to Gilliam a couple weeks ago.

7i81ce7ma0x0.jpg

So it seems that are some inconsistencies in how skill secondary damage effects operate, no matter whether they're linked to a set/ability modifying weapon or not.
    Edited by santos.vellab16_ESO on October 8, 2018 11:40AM
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Personally dont get how a spammable skill gets a DoT bonus from this set

I also think the DoT should be the same element as the staff you're using and instead of all 3 for a few seconds each

So much this!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny fact is that damage componentns from weapons like master dual wield , master destro , master 2h , maelstrom bow , maelstrom destro can crit since those are parts of the abilities and because of that all of them are used in some meta setups for PvE or PvP. Without crit those weapons wouldnt be even half as good as they are which is propably destiny of blackrose staff. Adding 2k flat dmg to Impusle tooltip would make it more usefull then adding 10k DoT dmg. With DoT dmg there wont be "different path" for blackrose destro , there will be well known path of item being not used.

Edited by Juhasow on October 13, 2018 5:18AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add crit plz.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Add crit plz.

They just removed the crit from maelstrom 2h, so i doubt this is ever going to be considered...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    From a PvE aspect, I've been thinking wild impulse(perfected one) might be pretty good for magicka warden since they need a destro ability on their non-vMA staff bar (a.k.a front bar) anyway. Cause they don't really have any choice for ultimates, it's either bear or northern storm for the 8% max magicka bonus, so it's gonna be a destro ability on the front bar, so why not just use that staff and slot impulse ability.

That being said, if use wild impulse and vMA staff, the cons are you need to get rid of monster set (1st and 2nd bonus from monster set), lose 5/1/1 bonus from undaunted passive unless you're wearing 1 crafted set like Juliano and need to keep impulse DoT on all the time (extra magicka cost) and can't spammable anymore.

So far the only monster set that can on par with wild impulse is Zaan I think. The pros is you can have 2 sets of 5th bonus up all the time (Siroria, Necropotence, Mother's Sorrow or the new Spell Strategist set..e.t.c, so you don't need to farm BSW flame staff anyway. but still need to farm wild impulse staff tho)

Basically, I think I just treat this BRP new destro staff as monster set replacement and it's a not so bad dps set compared with all of magicka monster sets. Not to mention it's AoE and can be range-friendly as well.

But magicka warden dps is a joke anyway.

Oh well. 2k39ry.jpg
    Edited by What_In_Tarnation on October 14, 2018 4:19PM
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you made it crit or at least made the dot effects proc enchantments it would be worth it in my opinion.
    As of right now it's gonna sit there until hopefully later it's buffed somehow.
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's better for PVP than PVE