The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP: ZoS, why do you hate DKs so much? The ninja nerfs of Murkmire

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Hahaha you think they hate you.....

sincerely sorc

You have undone most of your nerfs this patch. Yeah, shields are a bit smaller for the builds who built really high. But now they can get really tanky with resists. You are just at the mercy of bleeds like the rest of us.
    Damage on a sorc is still terrible and only kills noobs though.

They nerfed their survivability, mobility, utility, sustain and dmg in one patch. "Undone most of ur nerfs".
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

sincerely sorc

You have undone most of your nerfs this patch. Yeah, shields are a bit smaller for the builds who built really high. But now they can get really tanky with resists. You are just at the mercy of bleeds like the rest of us.

They nerfed their survivability, mobility, utility, sustain and dmg in one patch. "Undone most of ur nerfs".

Lower shields, but survivabilty evens out if you count resistances. Will be ruined by bleeds though which now ignore resist and crit on shields. Better vs a few builds depending on build, worse vs a few.
    Mobility didn't get changed much, yeah bound got a little nerf along with everything else, but grace has been buffed for all light bulds. Again evens out.
    Sustain got buffed if you use dark deal less than once every 10s. About 1.25% resources, just over time. Evens out to better in some, worse in others.

Damage still sucks. Not directly worse except frags has a weird min travel time (hate it.) And this is the main area I think should be changed. Note: There is apparently bug where curse is AoE, so reduced by shuffle/blade cloak, not an intended nerf though.
    Overload got revamped and it isn't great. However meta sorc builds haven't really been using it in favor of resto+db/atro/. If they allow you to generate ult in it, then i'd chalk it as a buff despite the slot loss.

So, 3 things that started out as direct actually class crushing nerfs got changed to be not really a nerf nor buff. I really don't think the majority of changes were needed, and I think sorc will still be worse, but they did indeed undo some nerfs.

That can't be said for DK...
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 10, 2018 6:49PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sincerely sorc

Lower shields, but survivabilty evens out if you count resistances. Will be ruined by bleeds though which now ignore resist and crit on shields. Better vs a few builds depending on build, worse vs a few.
    Mobility didn't get changed much, yeah bound got a little nerf along with everything else, but grace has been buffed for all light bulds. Again evens out.
    Sustain got buffed if you use dark deal less than once every 10s. About 1.25% resources, just over time. Evens out to better in some, worse in others.

Damage still sucks. Not directly worse except frags has a weird min travel time (hate it.) And this is the main area I think should be changed. Note: There is apparently bug where curse is AoE, so reduced by shuffle/blade cloak, not an intended nerf though.
    Overload got revamped and it isn't great. However meta sorc builds haven't really been using it in favor of resto+db/atro/. If they allow you to generate ult in it, then i'd chalk it as a buff despite the slot loss.

So, 3 things that started out as direct actually class crushing nerfs got changed to be not really a nerf nor buff. I really don't think the majority of changes were needed, and I think sorc will still be worse, but they did indeed undo some nerfs.

Resistances, yeah. Which means boundless storm. The ability that its hard to fit in a sorc toolkit with 3 ability bars. So now you have to use it which means more crowded bar space in the patch that removed the third bar and nerfed the ability itself.

Sustain got nerfed. Sustain isnt just affected by dark deal. And you dont use dark deal every 10 or 15 or 20 seconds or whatever. It has a cast time. Its not like other sustain abilities like siphoning or whatever that u cast once every now and then. It even has a "burst" heal on it so you lose that too if u try to use it like siphoning. You make time with LOS or streak to use it a few times back to back cause you need the magicka ASAP cause f*** streak, shields and mines murder ur magicka pool in a few seconds. And thats if you can even run it in the first place. See first point about crowded bars. Forget mines too. No space for them either. Forget any utility for that matter. It also got removed with the 3rd bar.

Shields are smaller on balanced sorc builds. Stacking max mag sorcs got severely nerfed. Now also all of them have to run impen which means no well fitted, less capabilities to roll dodge, more stress on their resources on top of already probably having to cast dark deal more. If they run more health to increase the cap, thats even less dmg and even less max magicka so actually smaller shields probably having to run dampen instead of harness so even less sustain.

Hell, they even nerfed rune cage again. Healing ward too. Lol.

There is so much sh*t in this patch, its not even worth discussing it. But sure, they even out and same cant be said for DKs because they didnt buff the abilities u wanted and they nerf/buffed the range of ur abilities by 1-2 meters and because you wont be able to one shot those pesky medium armor builds with one leap and ull have to whip them once or twice again. Whatever.
    Edited by pieratsos on October 10, 2018 7:58PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

sincerely sorc

Resistances, yeah. Which means boundless storm. The ability that its hard to fit in a sorc toolkit with 3 ability bars. So now you have to use it which means more crowded bar space in the patch that removed the third bar and nerfed the ability itself.

Sustain got nerfed. Sustain isnt just affected by dark deal. And you dont use dark deal every 10 or 15 or 20 seconds or whatever. It has a cast time. Its not like other sustain abilities like siphoning or whatever that u cast once every now and then. It even has a "burst" heal on it so you lose that too if u try to use it like siphoning. You make time with LOS or streak to use it a few times back to back cause you need the magicka ASAP cause f*** streak, shields and mines murder ur magicka pool in a few seconds. And thats if you can even run it in the first place. See first point about crowded bars. Forget mines too. No space for them either. Forget any utility for that matter. It also got removed with the 3rd bar.

Shields are smaller on balanced sorc builds. Stacking max mag sorcs got severely nerfed. Now also all of them have to run impen which means no well fitted, less capabilities to roll dodge, more stress on their resources on top of already probably having to cast dark deal more. If they run more health to increase the cap, thats even less dmg and even less max magicka so actually smaller shields probably having to run dampen instead of harness so even less sustain.

There is so much sh*t in this patch, its not even worth discussing it. But sure, they even out and same cant be said for DKs because they didnt buff the abilities u wanted and they nerf/buffed the range of ur abilities by 1-2 meters and because you wont be able to one shot those pesky medium armor builds with one leap and ull have to whip them once or twice again. Whatever.

Well, base resists, potentially bloodspawn or even sets like armour master/mighty chudan can seriously no shittery come into play (AM for extra health+resists for 10s every time you use harness)
    For BGs, which I mainly play, its a lot less about spamming dark deal. Drop behind a LOS with your team and use it. There, it gets buffed. As I said, very much a rebalance. DK gets a nerf to sustain, despite being one of the worst (I believe the worst for PvE, tied with sorc for PvP) and has low chance of getting it reverted.
    Since shields are capped, even running less mag changes nothing if you already hit the cap. It does lower dmg, yeah. And that sucks, and I don't like the direction they are going in. But guess what DK also takes a nerf to dmg. Again.
    Rune cage was nearly dead as is, complaining about it is like me complaining about stonefist being nerfed, what is dead is dead. As everyone thinks, they should just have left frags alone.

I don't support the nerfs. However DK has never been able to cry down a nerf the like of NBs or sorcs. They simply just don't have the voice. And this is exactly what this post is on about, a ninja nerf that won't be changed.

Tl;dr: Both ***, at least sorc gets leverage.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    templesus wrote: »
    “They still have POTL and Javelin” lmao what? I’m supposed to kill people with POTL and javelin spam?

Does jabs proc axe bleed?

No. In the future you shouldn’t throw other classes under the bus to further your own. That creates a bad image and just immediately turns people against you who who play those classes.

I supported everything you said up until you said stamplar will be alright because we have POTL and javelin. It’s not even remotely true, and just throws us under the bus.

Last time I tried mi stamplar I was pretty sure jabs proc twin blunt and blade bleed. Maybe the addon was wrong, who knows.

And I don't need advises on how to talk about the classes. You gut a Stun with javelin, which was something templar has needed this last 2 years. Yes, the templar main spammable is hurt, but a small nerf to it cannot be compared to 6 different skills on one class (ot of 10) that now are borderline useless. To give you an example abou how bad it is, just I have to mention inhale, which is already a very expensive skill, which has a burst delay and a heal based on how much dmg you caused. Now that AoE got not only a dmg nerf, but a heal nerf in a class that this patch has only seen nerfs and some minor buffs.

Sure, sweeps got a similar nerf, but you still have the burning light proc for free on 1 out of 4 attacks. As a DK, what do we have. Oh, yes, extra dmg on poisoned and burning status, a very negligible dmg in PvP.

You know what ZoS did to mDK main spammable? 4 consecutive nerfs in the last 3 patches. 4 nerfs on a skill that requires you to stun an enemy to get advantage of a proc and that is telegraphed from the other side of Tamriel. No other spammable has received that amout of nerfs in that timespan.

So when I say this is bad, it is because it is bad so, what's the point on having a class that cannot be played in PvP, that receives nerf after nerf after nerf without any decent explanation? I'm tired of learning to play again my main each patch. The worst part of this is that, when I look into stamDK, the view is even worst, because if there's a class *** in this game it is stamDK.

It would be much easier if ZoS delete the class and shares skills and passives among the other 4 classes, so anyone can tank in PvE. It is pointless to have a DK main in PvP if you know, before hand, that the class will give you ZERO advantage in almost all areas.

Your logic is flawed in the “amount of skills being nerfed” because stamplar only uses at most 3 class skills that cost stamina and 1 ult that was nerfed in its own right on top of the major evasion change. So in comparison, 2/4 of our skills got nerfed with one of them being double nerfed, compared to 6/10 on mag dk. On a similar note, Jabs is our spammable, you’re comparing our main dps ability to abilities like Eruption? Seriously? I don’t even know how to begin to have constructive conversation with you.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    “They still have POTL and Javelin” lmao what? I’m supposed to kill people with POTL and javelin spam?

Does jabs proc axe bleed?

No. In the future you shouldn’t throw other classes under the bus to further your own. That creates a bad image and just immediately turns people against you who who play those classes.

I supported everything you said up until you said stamplar will be alright because we have POTL and javelin. It’s not even remotely true, and just throws us under the bus.

Last time I tried mi stamplar I was pretty sure jabs proc twin blunt and blade bleed. Maybe the addon was wrong, who knows.

And I don't need advises on how to talk about the classes. You gut a Stun with javelin, which was something templar has needed this last 2 years. Yes, the templar main spammable is hurt, but a small nerf to it cannot be compared to 6 different skills on one class (ot of 10) that now are borderline useless. To give you an example abou how bad it is, just I have to mention inhale, which is already a very expensive skill, which has a burst delay and a heal based on how much dmg you caused. Now that AoE got not only a dmg nerf, but a heal nerf in a class that this patch has only seen nerfs and some minor buffs.

Sure, sweeps got a similar nerf, but you still have the burning light proc for free on 1 out of 4 attacks. As a DK, what do we have. Oh, yes, extra dmg on poisoned and burning status, a very negligible dmg in PvP.

You know what ZoS did to mDK main spammable? 4 consecutive nerfs in the last 3 patches. 4 nerfs on a skill that requires you to stun an enemy to get advantage of a proc and that is telegraphed from the other side of Tamriel. No other spammable has received that amout of nerfs in that timespan.

So when I say this is bad, it is because it is bad so, what's the point on having a class that cannot be played in PvP, that receives nerf after nerf after nerf without any decent explanation? I'm tired of learning to play again my main each patch. The worst part of this is that, when I look into stamDK, the view is even worst, because if there's a class *** in this game it is stamDK.

It would be much easier if ZoS delete the class and shares skills and passives among the other 4 classes, so anyone can tank in PvE. It is pointless to have a DK main in PvP if you know, before hand, that the class will give you ZERO advantage in almost all areas.

Your logic is flawed in the “amount of skills being nerfed” because stamplar only uses at most 3 class skills that cost stamina and 1 ult that was nerfed in its own right on top of the major evasion change. So in comparison, 2/4 of our skills got nerfed with one of them being double nerfed, compared to 6/10 on mag dk. On a similar note, Jabs is our spammable, you’re comparing our main dps ability to abilities like Eruption? Seriously? I don’t even know how to begin to have constructive conversation with you.

I kind of agree. OP has been a bit disingenuous.
    I don't know DK at all, so I'm not going to comment on that, but others have been impacted more that is indicated.
    Imho, the evasion change will hurt stamden more than anyone, and to say magsorcs aren't impacted is plainly incorrect, with stuff like curse, meteor, streak, boundless, wrath, atro all having aoe components.
    Although I do agree it's a huge change, which will significantly impact the meta, and has largely gone under the radar.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sincerely sorc

Well, base resists, potentially bloodspawn or even sets like armour master/mighty chudan can seriously no shittery come into play (AM for extra health+resists for 10s every time you use harness)
    For BGs, which I mainly play, its a lot less about spamming dark deal. Drop behind a LOS with your team and use it. There, it gets buffed. As I said, very much a rebalance. DK gets a nerf to sustain, despite being one of the worst (I believe the worst for PvE, tied with sorc for PvP) and has low chance of getting it reverted.
    Since shields are capped, even running less mag changes nothing if you already hit the cap. It does lower dmg, yeah. And that sucks, and I don't like the direction they are going in. But guess what DK also takes a nerf to dmg. Again.
    Rune cage was nearly dead as is, complaining about it is like me complaining about stonefist being nerfed, what is dead is dead. As everyone thinks, they should just have left frags alone.

I don't support the nerfs. However DK has never been able to cry down a nerf the like of NBs or sorcs. They simply just don't have the voice. And this is exactly what this post is on about, a ninja nerf that won't be changed.

Armor master, impreg, chudan etc. That was exactly my point. They already run two sustain sets. Now they drop them for survivability. So their sustain got nerfed. And that's if they can even run dark deal now. And no, running less magicka absolutely matters cause ur shields won't reach the cap.

Cry down a nerf the like this? Is this for real now That's because it wasn't a nerf. The current iteration is a nerf. The cast time was something else entirely.

Yes sorcs get levarage. They get levarage for more nerfs. Streak nerfed, shields nerfed, frag nerfed, dark deal/sustain nerfed. But because it's obviously not enough people are opening threads about fury now.

A ninja nerf that won't be changed? That's because you consider every change in this game that doesn't buff ur class a ninja nerf. "Omg I can't one shot medium armor builds anymore with one leap, ninja nerf ZOS hates us, DK is dead again, they only cater to sorcs and NBs". The funny thing is that the "ninja nerf" affects other classes even worse than DKs.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mainly play dks tank mag and stam dps and I must disagree with this post the changes to major and minor evasion will hurt the dk most classes will more than likely ditch skills that give evasion in favor of other skills. Most changes from reading don’t sound as horrible as they are made out to be it comes down to a learning curve. Adapt and overcome.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

sincerely sorc

Armor master, impreg, chudan etc. That was exactly my point. They already run two sustain sets. Now they drop them for survivability. So their sustain got nerfed. And that's if they can even run dark deal now. And no, running less magicka absolutely matters cause ur shields won't reach the cap.

Cry down a nerf the like this? Is this for real now That's because it wasn't a nerf. The current iteration is a nerf. The cast time was something else entirely.

Yes sorcs get levarage. They get levarage for more nerfs. Streak nerfed, shields nerfed, frag nerfed, dark deal/sustain nerfed. But because it's obviously not enough people are opening threads about fury now.

A ninja nerf that won't be changed? That's because you consider every change in this game that doesn't buff ur class a ninja nerf. "Omg I can't one shot medium armor builds anymore with one leap, ninja nerf ZOS hates us, DK is dead again, they only cater to sorcs and NBs". The funny thing is that the "ninja nerf" affects other classes even worse than DKs.

DK hasn't been able to oneshot players since heavy attack builds were nerfed. If you die to a DK nowadays its a L2P, same with near all of magicka. DK lost its potency against med builds when powerlash was made dodgable without any buff. With
    The tools in this game and exceptions given specifically to *** the DK playstyle are hilarious. Bleeds, more and more exceptions to wings, snare and root immunities, random inane nerfs

Losing 25% on any AoE isn't a nerf somehow, yeah, its a nerf to others too. Not denying. But it is indeed a nerf. Its not like a 25% nerf... but I take 25% less, its just a flat nerf. Unlike many of the sorc ones.
    Leverage: Being a large class.
    Turning nerfs into buffs by mass crying. The shield nerfs, as stupid as they were, were met with the biggest forum meltdown I have seen in 2 years.
    Haunting curse, frags into rune, (now rip) and reverting a lot of this patch nerfs so they are actually close to before. Its not some DK hate nor sorc favoritism. Its simple. The devs are incompetent, only loud crying changes things and the sorc/NB population are the largest.

I already said a page back, won't be too bad. But surprise surprise its another DK nerf to the stack, with the devs too terrible to give anything back.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 11, 2018 6:21PM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sincerely sorc

DK hasn't been able to oneshot players since heavy attack builds were nerfed. If you die to a DK nowadays its a L2P, same with near all of magicka. DK lost its potency against med builds when powerlash was made dodgable without any buff. With
    The tools in this game and exceptions given specifically to *** the DK playstyle are hilarious. Bleeds, more and more exceptions to wings, snare and root immunities, random inane nerfs

Losing 25% on any AoE isn't a nerf somehow, yeah, its a nerf to others too. Not denying. But it is indeed a nerf. Its not like a 25% nerf... but I take 25% less, its just a flat nerf. Unlike many of the sorc ones.
    Turning nerfs into buffs by mass crying. The shield nerfs, as stupid as they were, were met with the biggest forum meltdown I have seen in 2 years.
    Haunting curse, frags into rune, (now rip) and reverting a lot of this patch nerfs so they are actually close to before. Its not some DK hate nor sorc favoritism. Its simple. The devs are incompetent, only loud crying changes things and the sorc/NB population are the largest.

I already said a page back, won't be too bad. But surprise surprise its another DK nerf to the stack, with the devs too terrible to give anything back.

Ay y the usual L2P argument. Lmao.

They were met in the biggest meltdown cause they essentially deleted the class with the cast time genius. Turning nerfs into buff? What the flying ****. Where the hell is the buff, they go in the next patch with smaller shields, worse sustain, worse dmg and no utility when the class wasn't even over performing and we are talking about leverage, reverting nerfs and turning them into buffs. Like seriously stop discussing it, you are embarrassing urself.

Now snare immunities are a nerf to DK. But You wanted ur class to be given snare immunity with 100% uptime a couple of months ago. I'm confused now. Or are only DKs allowed to have snare immunity? Doesn't matter tho, I got your buff. according to your logic the nerf to FM and mobility is a DK buff. The nerfs to defiles were also DK buffs. Or those doesn't count?

Another DK nerf with no compensation? What the heck. They "buffed" medium survivability and u want buff compensations for ur class even tho the change actually affects other classes worse than urs? You guys are so delusional. "Omg that mudcrub hits harder now, it's a DK nerf, where is my buff compensation". Lol.

But since you like using that L2P argument well let me put it this way. You are always complaining about DK being trash and no matter what buff they give u its not enough and u whine about ur class being the worst. Maybe it's time for you to realize that it's not other people with the L2P issues.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean medium armor melts already? they could use the reduction. especially with no dodge chance now, i don't think it will make a bad player good or a good player bad. now i realize this affects mageblades who squish also so i don't think that matters for them I would think if anything they will take more damage than when they could dodge it but it will make some heavy armor guys more of a pain. but that's still just aoe dmg
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "just to keep the stupid concept of "Dragon=Poison" ZoS has built the last 2 years."

Yeah, us wardens have been struggling with zos for lack of dps skills and power, since their mindfuck of a statment that "ice magic is purely tank magic" which is *** beyond belief since ice is unique and actually needed for our dps which is the lowest in the game. AND winter's embrace has legit room with so many *** morphs that people don't actually use.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sincerely sorc

Could not have said it better. Cryhards get everything. I'm to dam lazy anymore to bother. I used to rage on the forums over all the DK nerfs in the past. Took a long break from the game after I realized ZoS caters to them. The funny thing is they create the imbalance so most ppl play those classes and when they try to bring them back into balance bam #operationsupertears. Not that the cast time wasnt a stupid idea. They aren't going to listen to DK's. Starting my new class tomorrow cause I'm tired of being #dkdisappointed all the dam time. There has not been any thought process put into this class in years.

Edited by Galalin on October 12, 2018 2:43AM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

sincerely sorc

They were met in the biggest meltdown cause they essentially deleted the class with the cast time genius. Turning nerfs into buff? What the flying ****. Where the hell is the buff, they go in the next patch with smaller shields, worse sustain, worse dmg and no utility when the class wasn't even over performing and we are talking about leverage, reverting nerfs and turning them into buffs. Like seriously stop discussing it, you are embarrassing urself.

Now snare immunities are a nerf to DK. But You wanted ur class to be given snare immunity with 100% uptime a couple of months ago. I'm confused now. Or are only DKs allowed to have snare immunity? Doesn't matter tho, I got your buff. according to your logic the nerf to FM and mobility is a DK buff. The nerfs to defiles were also DK buffs. Or those doesn't count?

Another DK nerf with no compensation? What the heck. They "buffed" medium survivability and u want buff compensations for ur class even tho the change actually affects other classes worse than urs? You guys are so delusional. "Omg that mudcrub hits harder now, it's a DK nerf, where is my buff compensation". Lol.

But since you like using that L2P argument well let me put it this way. You are always complaining about DK being trash and no matter what buff they give u its not enough and u whine about ur class being the worst. Maybe it's time for you to realize that it's not other people with the L2P issues.

I did want 3/4s immunity on wings, not 100%. To get 100% you'd end up with a near 1k mag drain. Not sustainable at all. This in exchange for changing a reflect mechanic that no one likes. (I still don't like it, too strong vs NBs/Sorcs, too weak vs most others) and this was back where snares were stronger. Back when warmth snared on a dot tick.

Yes, the reduction of FM is a buff to DK. Unlike you, I don't deny when things are buffed. You have been given a changed form of shields with smaller size but resists, a dark deal that can be situationally stronger, which you can adapt to. DKs haven't been given that. They have been given a flat extra cost to power lash. A flat 25% dmg reduction vs medium builds.

"Another DK nerf with no compensation? What the heck. They "buffed" medium survivability and u want buff compensations for ur class even tho the change actually affects other classes worse than urs?"

Yes. That is how balance should work, both you and ZOS don't seem to understand that. You don't just patchwork buff something on one side and not condsider the rest, like ZOS does. Consider this: heavy gets a buff where delayed attacks (a la curse, potl, fury) deal less dmg. Would you think, yeah that is fine. Just a different class buff? No. It'd be a direct nerf to classes like sorc or magden. Its not like a general one, i.e. the shuffle cost reduction.

Another thing you don't know about balance, is that ZOS only listen to the loudest cries. It has been that way for a long while, since the new dev team took over and didn't stick to the original concepts. I don't know how long you have been playing, but the loudest players have been sorcs and NBs, and thus get the most consideration. The other classes get long overlooked. As I said, not favoritism. Incompetence.
    You are one of the loud crying masses. Even when sorc was blatently overpowered, you came in with the classic L2P argument. As I said before, I don't support any of the sorc nerfs or even changes this patch. If it ain't broke don't fix it. But here you come crying and proving my point.

I also never said DK is trash, its just not good. Its not the old DK, and is quite outdated. A heal, tank and control class where the entire meta is as fast and as bleedy/defiley as it can be.

Tl;dr: You don't know balance, you are a shitter, a really bad shitter, you could rival wrobel in shitterness, please don't be a shitter. L2P.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 12, 2018 4:16PM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just a dk nerf. They "buff" templar sweeps then add that. Literally EVERY skill I use on magplar is AoE besides beam
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sincerely sorc

I did want 3/4s immunity on wings, not 100%. To get 100% you'd end up with a near 1k mag drain. Not sustainable at all. This in exchange for changing a reflect mechanic that no one likes. (I still don't like it, too strong vs NBs/Sorcs, too weak vs most others) and this was back where snares were stronger. Back when warmth snared on a dot tick.

Yes, the reduction of FM is a buff to DK. Unlike you, I don't deny when things are buffed. You have been given a changed form of shields with smaller size but resists, a dark deal that can be situationally stronger, which you can adapt to. DKs haven't been given that. They have been given a flat extra cost to power lash. A flat 25% dmg reduction vs medium builds.

"Another DK nerf with no compensation? What the heck. They "buffed" medium survivability and u want buff compensations for ur class even tho the change actually affects other classes worse than urs?"

Yes. That is how balance should work, both you and ZOS don't seem to understand that. You don't just patchwork buff something on one side and not condsider the rest, like ZOS does. Consider this: heavy gets a buff where delayed attacks (a la curse, potl, fury) deal less dmg. Would you think, yeah that is fine. Just a different class buff? No. It'd be a direct nerf to classes like sorc or magden. Its not like a general one, i.e. the shuffle cost reduction.

Another thing you don't know about balance, is that ZOS only listen to the loudest cries. It has been that way for a long while, since the new dev team took over and didn't stick to the original concepts. I don't know how long you have been playing, but the loudest players have been sorcs and NBs, and thus get the most consideration. The other classes get long overlooked. As I said, not favoritism. Incompetence.
    You are one of the loud crying masses. Even when sorc was blatently overpowered, you came in with the classic L2P argument. As I said before, I don't support any of the sorc nerfs or even changes this patch. If it ain't broke don't fix it. But here you come crying and proving my point.

I also never said DK is trash, its just not good. Its not the old DK, and is quite outdated. A heal, tank and control class where the entire meta is as fast and as bleedy/defiley as it can be.

Tl;dr: You don't know balance, you are a shitter, a really bad shitter, you could rival wrobel in shitterness, please don't be a shitter. L2P.

Im a shitter, a really bad shitter? What the flying ****. Sorry mate, you are not bright enough to be able to insult me. lol.

When sorc was OP i was coming with L2P arguments? Putting words in my mouth now to make ur point. Sorry that makes you look more like a fool not proving ur point. When sorc was OP i was actually agreeing that it should get nerfed. The difference between me and you is that i knew what had to be changed cause unlike you i knew sorc mechanics and wasnt just whining "spammable streak" and using video evidence literally showcasing that you didnt have a single clue about the class. But by all means, bring up that sypher video again and ill gladly toast you again.

Look there is really no point discussing the sorc class with you since you consistently showed lack of knowledge when it comes to the class and you never really cared to actually listen because obviously you know better than everyone who play the class.

Unlike me, u dont deny when things are buffed? Lmao. Look who is talking. You are literally whining in every single update that you get nerfed, you reject every single buff you get because you dont agree with it, you whine about DK being the worst class and right now in this very thread you are literally complaining and asking for buff compensations on ur class because ZOS dared to "buff" medium armor survivability. Which im not even if it is a buff since they lose passive dodge chance.

But im the one who doesnt understand balance? Nah, i think you got it wrong. But to get it right, ud need to actually understand what balance is, and to do that ud have to be a little less biased. Cause if you were a little less biased, ud actually realise how ridiculously stupid it is to ask for buff compensations because medium armor builds have AOE reduction even tho ur spammable, burst ability and dot are freaking single target. Omg the horrors, the newly buffed eruption and ur ultimate is affected by the change. If only other classes were affected as well. Oh wait.

Calling situationally better/worse dark deals, capped crittable shields buffs but an AOE dmg reduction that affects 2 classes worse than DKs possibly even 3 if curse is affected by it, a DK nerf that needs to be compensated with a buff. Lmao. Im done with this comedy.

P.S. I really dont understand why you keep mentioning those loudest cries. I mean you do realise, that the loudest cries in this forums are nerf sorcs right? You should know since you were part of half of them. Oh and DK is outdated? Newsflash genius. Prety much every single class is outdated. The entire freaking gameplay is outdated.
    Edited by pieratsos on October 12, 2018 7:20PM
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need a buff to popcorn output.... cough*Buff SDK and Stam sorcs*cough*.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

sincerely sorc

Im a shitter, a really bad shitter? What the flying ****. Sorry mate, you are not bright enough to be able to insult me. lol.

When sorc was OP i was coming with L2P arguments? Putting words in my mouth now to make ur point. Sorry that makes you look more like a fool not proving ur point. When sorc was OP i was actually agreeing that it should get nerfed. The difference between me and you is that i knew what had to be changed cause unlike you i knew sorc mechanics and wasnt just whining "spammable streak" and using video evidence literally showcasing that you didnt have a single clue about the class. But by all means, bring up that sypher video again and ill gladly toast you again.

Look there is really no point discussing the sorc class with you since you consistently showed lack of knowledge when it comes to the class and you never really cared to actually listen because obviously you know better than everyone who play the class.

Unlike me, u dont deny when things are buffed? Lmao. Look who is talking. You are literally whining in every single update that you get nerfed, you reject every single buff you get because you dont agree with it, you whine about DK being the worst class and right now in this very thread you are literally complaining and asking for buff compensations on ur class because ZOS dared to "buff" medium armor survivability. Which im not even if it is a buff since they lose passive dodge chance.

But im the one who doesnt understand balance? Nah, i think you got it wrong. But to get it right, ud need to actually understand what balance is, and to do that ud have to be a little less biased. Cause if you were a little less biased, ud actually realise how ridiculously stupid it is to ask for buff compensations because medium armor builds have AOE reduction even tho ur spammable, burst ability and dot are freaking single target. Omg the horrors, the newly buffed eruption and ur ultimate is affected by the change. If only other classes were affected as well. Oh wait.

Calling situationally better/worse dark deals, capped crittable shields buffs but an AOE dmg reduction that affects 2 classes worse than DKs possibly even 3 if curse is affected by it, a DK nerf that needs to be compensated with a buff. Lmao. Im done with this comedy.

P.S. I really dont understand why you keep mentioning those loudest cries. I mean you do realise, that the loudest cries in this forums are nerf sorcs right? You should know since you were part of half of them. Oh and DK is outdated? Newsflash genius. Prety much every single class is outdated. The entire freaking gameplay is outdated.

The last 2 patches, DK did get buffed. I have never denyed that. The extent of the strengths of the buffs however are a bit wishy washy. But no matter what DK relatively was below a lot of other classes until very recently cause of its outdated stand your ground design. (which they still refuse to fix properly, instead nerfing everything fast down to ***, though I suppose that technically works.)

A balance to the new evasion doesn't have to be DK only you know, as I have said too many times, both sides of the coin. Though it seems your strawman of me appears to have me as some anti everything but DK elitist. The change was a poor patchwork one which will cause a lot of problems, as well obviously a large one to my main. And since I am a DK main in a DK thread, I am mentioning how DK specifically got nothing this patch to combat it at all and most likely won't.
    The person who's comment I replied to even makes this obvious. He said: Hahaha you think they hate you.. sincerely sorc." I mentioned that the rightful megaflood of sorc threads after the first shield one allowed changes to happen in a few areas that are indeed nerfs undone. Want to talk about how sorcs and other classes fare to this nerf? Well make a thread and have fun...

Because lord knows there is enough sorcs to do so, which is why even despite nerf sorc being still rather popular* the number of defenders seen on week 1/2 PTS only proves my point. Now, what the devs pull out of their arse is a different story, the class rep notes when they were told how bad the shield ones nearly ended up in more nerfs, but I suppose consideration is better than nothing.

*They shouldn't be, even my thread when I was a meganoob was called bad balancing and I wanted the original mobility and cfrags based burst kept without giving them other things like rune which OTT'd sorc in the old meta. I will admit between my noobiness and the mess of discourse, it did come off nerf heavy. However I stand by the majority of things I said back then.
    The problem with sorc back then is that it had too much. Streak was only one of the problems, and I said, even back then, that it was fine having streak, just that + other issues overloaded the class. Streak back then was a viable complaint since 1) Sustain was better 2) Snares were stronger 3) Swift and other fast things didn't exist 4) its only mag equivalence was mist, which was terrible and stopped regen.
    So by relativity (See, that both sides balance thing) it was strong. And by adding that to other things, sorc was strong.
    Now, by both relative nerfs and by direct nerfs, sorc is far from it, and trust me there are a lot of sorc specific buffs I'd add.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 12, 2018 9:03PM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sincerely sorc

The last 2 patches, DK did get buffed. I have never denyed that. The extent of the strengths of the buffs however are a bit wishy washy. But no matter what DK relatively was below a lot of other classes until very recently cause of its outdated stand your ground design. (which they still refuse to fix properly, instead nerfing everything fast down to ***, though I suppose that technically works.)

A balance to the new evasion doesn't have to be DK only you know, as I have said too many times, both sides of the coin. Though it seems your strawman of me appears to have me as some anti everything but DK elitist. The change was a poor patchwork one which will cause a lot of problems, as well obviously a large one to my main. And since I am a DK main in a DK thread, I am mentioning how DK specifically got nothing this patch to combat it at all and most likely won't.
    The person who's comment I replied to even makes this obvious. He said: Hahaha you think they hate you.. sincerely sorc." I mentioned that the rightful megaflood of sorc threads after the first shield one allowed changes to happen in a few areas that are indeed nerfs undone. Want to talk about how sorcs and other classes fare to this nerf? Well make a thread and have fun...

Because lord knows there is enough sorcs to do so, which is why even despite nerf sorc being still rather popular* the number of defenders seen on week 1/2 PTS only proves my point. Now, what the devs pull out of their arse is a different story, the class rep notes when they were told how bad the shield ones nearly ended up in more nerfs, but I suppose consideration is better than nothing.

*They shouldn't be, even my thread when I was a meganoob was called bad balancing and I wanted the original mobility and cfrags based burst kept without giving them other things like rune which OTT'd sorc in the old meta. I will admit between my noobiness and the mess of discourse, it did come off nerf heavy. However I stand by the majority of things I said back then.
    The problem with sorc back then is that it had too much. Streak was only one of the problems, and I said, even back then, that it was fine having streak, just that + other issues overloaded the class. Streak back then was a viable complaint since 1) Sustain was better 2) Snares were stronger 3) Swift and other fast things didn't exist 4) its only mag equivalence was mist, which was terrible and stopped regen.
    So by relativity (See, that both sides balance thing) it was strong. And by adding that to other things, sorc was strong.
    Now, by both relative nerfs and by direct nerfs, sorc is far from it, and trust me there are a lot of sorc specific buffs I'd add.

Give me a subscribe button
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sincerely sorc

But it wasn't a strawman trying to make you look something that you are not. You did put words in my mouth to make ur point, you did complain about DKs in every single patch and you were indeed part of many many sorc threads asking for nerfs all over the place and showing lack of knowledge when it comes to the class and didn't listene to anyone with more experience than you on the sorc. So I'm really not sure what you are talking about.

Good now that you admit that u did get buffed and ur class improved you can stop this mumbo jumbo bs about nerf stacks with no compensation cause at this point you started contradicting ur own statements.

And since you confirmed that those buffs are not good enough you can also stop this mumbo jumbo bs about sorcs reverting nerfs and denying that they get buffed cause that's pure comedy. I mean feel free to go back and see the buffs that you call meh and compare them with sorc changes in this patch that you went as far as to actually call them buffs.

P. S. Do not even bother to start this whole streak thing again. It won't be good for you when you put down the numbers and bring ur video evidence showcasing lack of knowledge of base game mechanics.
    Edited by pieratsos on October 13, 2018 10:05AM