Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Become a Monster & Earn Unique Rewards during the Witches Festival"

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    You can defeat each individual type of boss and be guaranteed a Dremora Plunder Skull once per day, meaning you can acquire up to seven each day. Should you defeat the same type of boss again after already receiving your Dremora Plunder Skull, you’ll receive a regular Plunder Skull instead. Dremora Motif pages can be traded, so get ready to take on Tamriel’s monsters!

Is the daily cooldown per character, or per account? Is it a 20h timer, similar to the one for RFTW mail guaranteed geode or horse training, or does it reset at a certain hour each day?

I looked back at my posts when this was on PTS. I wrote...

"My experience is that there's a 20 hour cooldown on your account for each dremora plunder skull type."

So, it was one per account per day on a 20 hr reset timer.

Nice to know. I was thinking how to spread and schedule tasks between characters in order to get the most out of it, achievement and drop wise.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Maryanne
    Maryanne
    ✭✭✭
    Arena Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Bows and Legs

@ZOS_GinaBruno Just to clarify, will any arena boss drop the Dremora Plunder Skull, or does it have to be the final boss?

It's only from the final boss, but can be any difficulty.

Will Maelstrom Arena last boss drop it too?
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for doing a nice little update in the festival, I feel like you actually put some degree of effort into making it different
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Absolutely everything about the update to this event is a dream come true! New memeno, new motif (!!), no need to turn into a nusty skellimunster to get the XP buff, the ability to get up to 7 Dremora Skulls every day by mixing up your content type... it's brilliant!

I agree, although I won't be doing any trials or arenas, so I'll have to buy those, but hey, my choice. I just don't like that content. But, it does encourage people to do more than just camp a delve boss or a dolmen. And, a motif page is guaranteed in each Dremora skull, so I do think there will be enough pages floating around for me to find the ones I'll need to buy. If anyone is worried about prices, wait until closer to the end of the event and they'll be much cheaper than early prices.

Also, not having to turn into a skeleton was introduced last year, but it's still great to have that feature again. I'm also looking forward to that memento, though I wish it were an interactive furnishing instead.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maryanne wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno Just to clarify, will any arena boss drop the Dremora Plunder Skull, or does it have to be the final boss?

@Maryanne Maelstrom and DSA count towards the Arena drops, yes.

Again, norm is fine.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Maryanne
    Maryanne
    ✭✭✭
    Maryanne wrote: »

@Maryanne Maelstrom and DSA count towards the Arena drops, yes.

Again, norm is fine.

Thank you :)
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    "Spoopy" event? :D

Anyway, do we get the Dremora skulls once per boss type per day per character or only once per boss type per day?

I caught that also and had to laugh. It’s good to know that I’m not the only one who does that and the ZOS devs and writers mash the wrong keys once in awhile :) Sounds like a fun event and our guild is planning certain days and activities to get as many people through as we can.

Edited by Ashtaris on October 14, 2018 5:16PM
  • CoyoteNZ
    CoyoteNZ
    ✭✭
    If you have done all the achievements, what is the gold price for the witches hut?

(Have to start saving quickly)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoyoteNZ wrote: »
    If you have done all the achievements, what is the gold price for the witches hut?

(Have to start saving quickly)

250,000 gold
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Exorcised_Coven_Cottage
  • brandyvicious
    brandyvicious
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - can you or anyone else please confirm whether the 7 dremora plunder skulls per day is per character or per account?
    PS5/NA: brandyvicious-
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - can you or anyone else please confirm whether the 7 dremora plunder skulls per day is per character or per account?

Its per account
  • brandyvicious
    brandyvicious
    ✭✭✭

Its per account

Can you quote where this was confirmed?
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the Kvatch Arena count as an 'Arena' for this event?
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    saf227_ESO wrote: »
    Does the Kvatch Arena count as an 'Arena' for this event?

No, cause its counted as a world boss.
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Its per account

Paragraph right above "Event Tickets."
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom What does it mean that you can earn one Dremora skull of each type "each day". When does a new "day" start? 24 hours since the last time you received that skull type? 20 hours since the last time you received that skull type? A specific time? If it is a specific time each day, what time is it? 10 AM EDT, so every 24 hours from the start of the event? Or 2 AM EDT, to coincide with the reset of daily quests?

Some specifics here would be appreciated.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom What does it mean that you can earn one Dremora skull of each type "each day". When does a new "day" start? 24 hours since the last time you received that skull type? 20 hours since the last time you received that skull type? A specific time? If it is a specific time each day, what time is it? 10 AM EDT, so every 24 hours from the start of the event? Or 2 AM EDT, to coincide with the reset of daily quests?

Some specifics here would be appreciated.
    Quest wise, from the PTS notes: Quests that grant Event Tickets during holiday events will now refresh their ability to grant Event Tickets at the same time that Daily Quests become available again.

From someone else's direct experience, they indicated the Dremora skulls were on a 20 hour cooldown, much like mounts, shadowy supplier, and RDF and RBG dailies.

Earn it.

• tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHalb91 wrote: »
    but there are others out there that cannot do either one. Either due to bad computers/internet, or they just don't have time to do

Then they just dont get it. That easy. And fair.
    Edited by tim99 on October 19, 2018 1:58PM
  • brandyvicious
    brandyvicious
    ✭✭✭

Its per account

It does not specify per character or per account.
  • Troeca
    Troeca
    ✭✭

Its per account

You are right. I'm looking for the same answer.

Maybe this doesn't help but I just tried and it seems that you can get those 7 per day per account not character. Got the Delve one with my main char and then went to the same delve boss with my secondary char and got just the "normal" skull. Tested also with other delve and same thing again.

I hope you guys have nice event hunting those skulls and tickets!
    Best regards,
    @Troeca +1863CP | PC/EU (Steam)
  • Jack_Of_Shades
    Jack_Of_Shades
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, check our Erokii Ruins in Rivenspire. Since there are three bosses they seem to drop 3 plunder skulls at a time. Enjoy my fellow spooky adventurers!
    -Jack Of Shades
    The mysterious Sage
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, check our Erokii Ruins in Rivenspire. Since there are three bosses they seem to drop 3 plunder skulls at a time. Enjoy my fellow spooky adventurers!
    -Jack Of Shades
    The mysterious Sage

Sounds like a bug to me. There's normally a 3 minute cooldown on getting Plunder Skulls from bosses.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Its per account

Not if you don't read it, no.

"You can defeat each individual type of boss and be guaranteed a Dremora Plunder Skull once per day, meaning you can acquire up to seven each day." FULL STOP.

Your making it harder than it has to to be.

Earn it.

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Jack Of Shades
    The mysterious Sage

Sounds like a bug to me. There's normally a 3 minute cooldown on getting Plunder Skulls from bosses.

There doesn't appear to be a cooldown this year. Not sure if that's intended or not. But I'm not seeing a cooldown.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they bothered on the regular plunder skulls, since it's mostly cosmetic/furnishing stuff.

I suspect they're counting on the boss respawn timer to sort of dictate the cooldown by default. And if that's not enough, inventory space will certainly tell you when you've reached a good stopping point.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on October 18, 2018 8:45PM

Earn it.

• shimmys
    shimmys
    Is it only 1 Event ticket per day cause I’m kinda confused if someone could clarify it for me
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭

"You can defeat each individual type of boss and be guaranteed a Dremora Plunder Skull once per day, meaning you can acquire up to seven each day." FULL STOP.

The wording used is ambiguous: 'you' could refer to either character or account. That's not 'making it harder', that's just reading what is actually written and recognising that, semantically, there are two possible and equally valid interpretations.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The wording used is ambiguous: 'you' could refer to either character or account. That's not 'making it harder', that's just reading what is actually written and recognising that, semantically, there are two possible and equally valid interpretations.
    Up to seven each day, pretty much implies it caps as seven each day. And 'you' in this case, refers to you, the reader, not the reader's avatars.

Save the argument about multiple accounts and I'll save the counterargument about needing one account in the first place.

A quick character swap followed by a delve boss kill would clarify even further. Again, making it harder than it has to be.

In this case, the lack of additional stipulations is the key to the correct interpretation.
    If I order lunch at the local diner, I don't need to explicitly ask if the meal comes with a new car. The omission gives me the answer.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on October 19, 2018 11:48AM

Earn it.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shimmys wrote: »
    Is it only 1 Event ticket per day cause I’m kinda confused if someone could clarify it for me

That's correct.
  • shimmys
    shimmys
    shimmys wrote: »

That's correct.

Thanks