The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS: A complete Farce, No skill, Unbalanced

• TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    I'm glad I wear Whitestrake's all the time. Definitely cuts down on successful ganks...

Really?
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just the replacement for Zergbad's (who learned it from another guy who I can't remember) old heavy attack stun + follow up combo. It does take a bit of skill to find the right target and get the combo off. It's best if they are looking at the map or doing inventory standing still. Just my opinion but it's the stun that really makes this work.
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    OP, it sucks getting ganked. To successfully do this, gankers go all offense, no defense. It's not a hack, macro or cheat. I hate getting ganked too, but successful gameplay from stealth relies on being able to burst down a target before they can react. As much I as hate it, I want it in the game. I don't want a boring brawler game where every class and build feels the same. Stam already feels too much like that. There were days that were much worse. Like when Clever Alchemist could proc out of combat or when stygian was good. Days of true one shots, not 4 well timed abilities that took advantage of post cast delays to stack delayed burst.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    I'm glad I wear Whitestrake's all the time. Definitely cuts down on successful ganks...

Block casting a shield does the same, but you need good reflexes
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best counter to gank is to accept that it is part of the game. Then you can start improving. If a ganker killed you, then it's not his fault, it's the way he plays the game. If you succesfully learn to counter the gank, then you will see it's more of a gamble than they expect.

When riding you MUST use your defensive bar and be prepared to break free and block cast a heal or a shield. If you have a stun in that bar, that's the second step. If there are more than one ganker, play defensive until help comes out.

A great job in Cyro, very appreciated by your comrades and also very satisfactory is to be a counter ganker, waiting to lend a hand when a ganker or a group of them shows up. That helps a lot when raiding a keep, helping the reinforcements to be constant.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a mount to start with, and the initial hits were perfect. Happens sometimes....Stop crying bruh.
  • Gargis
    Gargis
    ✭✭✭
    Another glorious illustration of complete and utter TRASH pvp.

Complete amateurs when it comes to balance and server performance.

Be patient help is on the horizon.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    jTv3flumy Stam DK is AR36, 31k HP, 3018 Crit resist, 916 CP (lots in mitigation since I Main tank trials).  CM log (posted above) shows I was killed by a stealthed player  in 2.6 seconds and the player only used TWO ABILITIES in Combat!

BEFORE ENTERING COMBAT I was: 1) hit for 10,000 damage (Lethal arrow and Poison injection hit me before combat started) , 2) Major Defiled, 3) Poisoned by Poison injection Dot 4) Poisoned by ravage health/creeping ravage health. 5) Poison status applied by Lethal injection. Before the game even notified me I was in combat!

As soon as the music started, at 0.4 seconds, I was 1) hit with Incapacitating strike for 7082, 2) other players damage increased 3) Twin Blade and Blunt applied to me

OK, so before I can do anything I have taken 17,000 damage and had FIVE dots applied.

I dismounted and dodge rolled.

The player hit ONE ability: steel tornado for 4500 AND this procced Befouled weapon.

Since I was below 50%, The Poison injection DOT hit for more than the initial ability (3357); befouled weapon hit for 2257, Twin blade and bleed hit for 2807, Poisoned for 485, ravage health for 888, Creeping ravage for 427, and I was dead right after my dodge roll finished.

A few other points:
    1) despite 3018 crit resist, 95.3% of damage taken was critical damage. Wtf??
    2) 10/13 hits in 2.6 seconds were critical
    3) ALL THE PROCS procced, 100%, This is statistically vanishingly improbable. Blunt and bleed: 8% chance; befouled weapon 20% , poison on weapon 20%: the odds of all 3 being applied at once on the first use of the ability = (0.2)(0.2) (0.08) == Three in One thousand.

Summary: this no skill build (use two abilities in combat and let 6 procs kill the player) combined with ridiculous lag/ game mechanics (10k damage and 4 dots applied before combat even starts) is ridiculously over powered and completely unfair game play. Granted when you play solo you are going to have to deal with other solo players, but with these builds the fight is over before it starts. Most times, granted, gankers dont kill me. But if they can apply all their arrow hits before the fight and then hit you with Incapacitating right away, it is usually over immediately.

Some people argue it is balanced because these lone gankers are useless in groups and can only gank, since they are glass cannons., and that the glass cannon build evens the fight. But, their cloak is all powerful when it is 1:1. Sometimes 10 people can't find a cloaking NB right in front of them--- 1:1 it is hopeless to try.

ZOS quit worrying about Mage shields and other trivia and do something about poison stacking / lethal arrow garbage.

That crit resist is pretty standard @44% (3018). All ganking NB's have at the very least a 1.9 crit modifier. At such a low modifier, it won't save you from a gank. Especially one that knows how to play and is built around it.

Now if you want to gut a gank build, you need a .7 modifier (4760) or higher. Then you can just laugh at the 5k snipes.

To give perspective-

A casual ganker has around a 21k snipe tootip. With a 1.9 modifier.

That's 10,500 tooltip (Battle Sprit)
    x1.9= 9450 (crit damage)
    Your Impen of 3018= 4158 reduction to only the crit damage. (how impen works)

Totaling= 15792 damage that needs to be mitigated by armor/buffs/block or roll.

As you can see, your impen did save you from a significant portion of damage, as did your armor, but not as much as I think you expected. This is likely due to folks thinking Impen reduces the damage of an ENTIRE ability when it crits, which it does not. Only the crit damage. Which in this case was 9450 damage.

Second, twin blade and blunt is 8% per axe, he could be running 2.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. To achieve these results a NB needs to invest completely into damage., with zero defense and likely a single hot to heal with.

I have no issue with dealing with these ganks, unless I am not paying attention or am distracted on my open world visible toons. It's a death sentence getting ganked on my ganker but that's my own damn fault for nighblading poorly imo.

Just ask @ShadowProc , my open world visible toons survive his burst and force a rest most of the time.

Edit- Be thankful that whoever ganked you isn't fully ranged, you would have died much faster :pensive:
    Edited by Xeniph on October 3, 2018 8:38PM
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    jTv3flumy Stam DK is AR36, 31k HP, 3018 Crit resist, 916 CP (lots in mitigation since I Main tank trials).  CM log (posted above) shows I was killed by a stealthed player  in 2.6 seconds and the player only used TWO ABILITIES in Combat!

BEFORE ENTERING COMBAT I was: 1) hit for 10,000 damage (Lethal arrow and Poison injection hit me before combat started) , 2) Major Defiled, 3) Poisoned by Poison injection Dot 4) Poisoned by ravage health/creeping ravage health. 5) Poison status applied by Lethal injection. Before the game even notified me I was in combat!

As soon as the music started, at 0.4 seconds, I was 1) hit with Incapacitating strike for 7082, 2) other players damage increased 3) Twin Blade and Blunt applied to me

OK, so before I can do anything I have taken 17,000 damage and had FIVE dots applied.

The player hit ONE ability: steel tornado for 4500 AND this procced Befouled weapon.

Since I was below 50%, The Poison injection DOT hit for more than the initial ability (3357); befouled weapon hit for 2257, Twin blade and bleed hit for 2807, Poisoned for 485, ravage health for 888, Creeping ravage for 427, and I was dead right after my dodge roll finished.

A few other points:
    3) ALL THE PROCS procced, 100%, This is statistically vanishingly improbable. Blunt and bleed: 8% chance; befouled weapon 20% , poison on weapon 20%: the odds of all 3 being applied at once on the first use of the ability = (0.2)(0.2) (0.08) == Three in One thousand.

Summary: this no skill build (use two abilities in combat and let 6 procs kill the player) combined with ridiculous lag/ game mechanics (10k damage and 4 dots applied before combat even starts) is ridiculously over powered and completely unfair game play. Granted when you play solo you are going to have to deal with other solo players, but with these builds the fight is over before it starts. Most times, granted, gankers dont kill me. But if they can apply all their arrow hits before the fight and then hit you with Incapacitating right away, it is usually over immediately.

Some people argue it is balanced because these lone gankers are useless in groups and can only gank, since they are glass cannons., and that the glass cannon build evens the fight. But, their cloak is all powerful when it is 1:1. Sometimes 10 people can't find a cloaking NB right in front of them--- 1:1 it is hopeless to try.

ZOS quit worrying about Mage shields and other trivia and do something about poison stacking / lethal arrow garbage.

That crit resist is pretty standard @44% (3018). All ganking NB's have at the very least a 1.9 crit modifier. At such a low modifier, it won't save you from a gank. Especially one that knows how to play and is built around it.

Now if you want to gut a gank build, you need a .7 modifier (4760) or higher. Then you can just laugh at the 5k snipes.

To give perspective-

x1.9= 9450 (crit damage)

As you can see, your impen did save you from a significant portion of damage, as did your armor, but not as much as I think you expected. This is likely due to folks thinking Impen reduces the damage of an ENTIRE ability when it crits, which it does not. Only the crit damage. Which in this case was 9450 damage.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. To achieve these results a NB needs to invest completely into damage., with zero defense and likely a single hot to heal with.

I have no issue with dealing with these ganks, unless I am not paying attention or am distracted on my open world visible toons. It's a death sentence getting ganked on my ganker but that's my own damn fault for nighblading poorly imo.

Just ask @ShadowProc , my open world visible toons survive his burst and force a rest most of the time.

I dont think I have ever successfully ganked you. :( lol
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    The best counter to gank is to accept that it is part of the game. Then you can start improving. If a ganker killed you, then it's not his fault, it's the way he plays the game. If you succesfully learn to counter the gank, then you will see it's more of a gamble than they expect.

When riding you MUST use your defensive bar and be prepared to break free and block cast a heal or a shield. If you have a stun in that bar, that's the second step. If there are more than one ganker, play defensive until help comes out.

A great job in Cyro, very appreciated by your comrades and also very satisfactory is to be a counter ganker, waiting to lend a hand when a ganker or a group of them shows up. That helps a lot when raiding a keep, helping the reinforcements to be constant.

Pro tip*

While riding your mount, make sure to use Retreating and you don't have to worry about the stuns :P
    Here since Beta.

• Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »

A few other points:

To give perspective-

x1.9= 9450 (crit damage)

I dont think I have ever successfully ganked you. :( lol

I'm pretty sure you have, but it's been a while.

This is my point to the OP though. To survive these situations, or at least survive the initial burst so that you can react, takes practice, quite a bit of knowledge of his and your class and a bit of game knowledge.

And above all...don't freak out and button mash!

I think the OP could have fought back had he played to his builds strengths. IE...block casted a heal or 2 instead of rolling a skill that can't be rolled "steel tornado" ( undodgable) instead of playing like in medium. :expressionless:

Probably just me though, I dunno.
    Edited by Xeniph on October 3, 2018 9:16PM
    Here since Beta.

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pro tip*

While riding your mount, make sure to use Retreating and you don't have to worry about the stuns :P

What does retreating maneuver have to do with stuns?
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

Pro tip*

It makes you immune to them...

And to clarify- As long as you don't attack or only cast heals on yourself, the effect persists. So you are immune to all controlling effects while you heal up.
    Edited by Xeniph on October 4, 2018 6:03PM
    Here since Beta.

• Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gank builds need a nerf. I'm sorry this will *** all those stealthy stamblades off, and cry "if we don't have stealth, we're dead". Before you start your counter-whining, you can keep stealth abilities no one wants to take it away, but *** that *** needs to be turned down. I use detect pots constantly, as well as detection skills, and I don't know how it's done, but some of these gank builds are non-existent in a fight. NON-EXISTENT!!!!!
  • agrr70
    agrr70
    ✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    Gank builds need a nerf. I'm sorry this will *** all those stealthy stamblades off, and cry "if we don't have stealth, we're dead". Before you start your counter-whining, you can keep stealth abilities no one wants to take it away, but *** that *** needs to be turned down. I use detect pots constantly, as well as detection skills, and I don't know how it's done, but some of these gank builds are non-existent in a fight. NON-EXISTENT!!!!!

Lol, #RAGE

I'm off ganking for the evening..........from stealth, cos its hilarious.
    Smell my Cheese,
    Bowtard,feed me your tears
    PC EU Vivec
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭

I love doing that, although I'm a ganker too. I just love to see someone successfully ganking and gank him back haha
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    psypanda wrote: »
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    The first one... how the eff do you incap in to a snipe in 0.87 seconds when cast time on snipe is 1.1 seconds?
    just gonna leave this here...
    K4KKRTo.png
    a83ZBnr.png
    p7bRQRg.png

The first one... how the eff do you incap in to a snipe in 0.87 seconds when cast time on snipe is 1.1 seconds?

I would also like to know this. Combos like this have been getting me a lot lately. I've been hit by a heavy attack, two snipes, and an incap in less than 1.5 seconds several dozen times over the past few weeks.

its actually easy to pull of. at least what i am doing on my ganker.

to reproduce:
    1. pop an invis pot (so you wont uncloak)
    2. run up very close to your target
    3. charge a snipe (keep in mind that snipe has a cast time + a "flying" time of the projectile of around ~0.5 seconds if you are standing 1 cm next to the target - the further away the longer the flying time.
    4. hit the guy with an incap as soon as your snipe finished the channel
    5. top that off with a either LA + killersblade or just killersblade
    6. profit & #makegankinggreatagain

here is a small video to showcase this: https://youtu.be/rAxwGVrKDEQ
    the combat log of this video:
    [17:54] [psypãnda]: Hekaterîn - DPS: 36,975 (37,382 in 0:01.0)
    pvee7sQ.png
    (the snipe was an unlucky non crit :/)

everything will hit the enemy below or slightly above 1 second if you do it right.
    your incap will even hit the tareget BEFORE your snipe projectile hits (check the combat log).
    if the enemy has below 26hp its almost always a "oneshot". (ofc this depends on the amount of impen and some other stuff)
    ofc the right gear/cp is also important since your snipe/incap/killersblade need to hit like a truck.

I love how my sorc has been completely gutted multiple times, because of "burst damage" done thanks to a sequence of well telegraphed abilities dealt from visible.
    Edited by Vahrokh on October 5, 2018 12:30AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    K4KKRTo.png
    a83ZBnr.png
    p7bRQRg.png

I would also like to know this. Combos like this have been getting me a lot lately. I've been hit by a heavy attack, two snipes, and an incap in less than 1.5 seconds several dozen times over the past few weeks.

to reproduce:
    3. charge a snipe (keep in mind that snipe has a cast time + a "flying" time of the projectile of around ~0.5 seconds if you are standing 1 cm next to the target - the further away the longer the flying time.

pvee7sQ.png

everything will hit the enemy below or slightly above 1 second if you do it right.
    your incap will even hit the tareget BEFORE your snipe projectile hits (check the combat log).
    if the enemy has below 26hp its almost always a "oneshot". (ofc this depends on the amount of impen and some other stuff)
    ofc the right gear/cp is also important since your snipe/incap/killersblade need to hit like a truck.

I love how my sorc has been completely gutted multiple times, because of "burst damage" done thanks to a sequence of well telegraphed abilities dealt from visible.

You can thank the gankers for that.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K4KKRTo.png
    a83ZBnr.png
    p7bRQRg.png

to reproduce:

pvee7sQ.png

Because the NB and stealth gameplay hasn't seen as many or possibly more nerfs than the sorc over the last four years.

C'mon, we have all seen nerfs. In fact a lot has been taken away from this playstyle and class in general.

Hell, even the coveted cloak is broke nearly every major patch cycle by something and has to wait weeks for a incremental to be fixed. So let's not go down this rabbit hole

If you have issues dealing with this playstyle , you need to re-evaluate your build or how you play/react. period.
    Here since Beta.

• Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    K4KKRTo.png
    a83ZBnr.png
    p7bRQRg.png

to reproduce:

pvee7sQ.png

Because the NB and stealth gameplay hasn't seen as many or possibly more nerfs than the sorc over the last four years.

C'mon, we have all seen nerfs. In fact a lot has been taken away from this playstyle and class in general.

Hell, even the coveted cloak is broke nearly every major patch cycle by something and has to wait weeks for a incremental to be fixed. So let's not go down this rabbit hole

If you have issues dealing with this playstyle , you need to re-evaluate your build or how you play/react. period.

Eh your last line isn't necessarily true. There's some major desync issues right now allowing snipers to drop 32k hp full crit res tanks in less than a second in PvP. Can't really git gud against something broken.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    K4KKRTo.png
    a83ZBnr.png
    p7bRQRg.png

to reproduce:

pvee7sQ.png

Eh your last line isn't necessarily true. There's some major desync issues right now allowing snipers to drop 32k hp full crit res tanks in less than a second in PvP. Can't really git gud against something broken.

Have an easy fix for that..

Step 1: remove crit and stun from hide

If Step 1 isn't enough..

Step 2: master assassin's passive only affects stealth, not hide anymore

Possible developer comment:

Attacking from hide is a tactical advantage and you're able to attack the enemy a few times before he reacts. Give the attacker also a stun and a guaranteed crit is a huge advantage and unfair with a fast pace combat that our game offer's.
    Hide is a tool given to everyone so we decided every class should have the same use and level of it. NBs are still able to pull crits via shadow disguise but they have to rely on a skill and have to go melee for stuns.

Something like this. I know it's a nerf but they will easier fix this by adjusting passives than improving performance.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question : does radiant magelight still work? In cyrodiiil it's good to slot that and rapid maneuver moving between keeps. No real pro tip there.

Thanks op, you've convinced me to get poisons for my sniper's bow.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

Pro tip*

It makes you immune to them...

And to clarify- As long as you don't attack or only cast heals on yourself, the effect persists. So you are immune to all controlling effects while you heal up.
    @Xeniph
    Pro tip: Read the skill again
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ganks are ganks.

I regularly send people back to spawn with literally just 2 dark flares on their recap. Doesn't mean the game is inherently broken, just that if you specialize fully towards a specific goal, you become pretty good at that goal--a full damage build landing a couple seconds of unmitigated damage is going to kill you.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub