The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

If Murkmire launched today with the current build what do you feel the PVP and PVE meta would be?

Knowledge
Knowledge
✭✭✭✭✭
This is how I feel it will go:

PVP
StamNB
Stamden
Stamplar
StamDK
StamSorc(lol)
Any magicka class/build

PVE
StamNB
StamDK
anything else.

• IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pvp:

Stam NB
    Stamden
    Stamplar
    Magplar
    Magden
    Stam DK
    Stam Sorc
    Mag NB
    Mag DK
    Mag Sorc

Depends on type of pvp though, stam nb is only good solo or like up to group of 3 imo, after that it goes way down the list.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If wards weren't changed clearly MagSorc would be on the list, I'm glad you've seen the light the ward Nerf is a big deal.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure at this point the meta is going to be Fallout 76 no matter what they do. The damage has been done.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVE: Old trials: Stamden Stamblade Magblade DD with sorc heal temp heal warden off tank dk tank
    Mini trials: Magblade dk tank, warden tank, templar tank(????) sorc heal, temp heal

"The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Murkmire would launch today I wouldnt care because I wouldnt play.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP Heavy Stamblade/Stamden
    PvE Magblade
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    PvP I would say
    Magplar,
    Stamblade,
    MagDK,
    Stamden,
    Stamplar,
    StamDk,
    Stamsorc,
    Magden,
    Magsorc
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP: Anything not magica

PvE: Stamina warden, stamina NB, MagTemplar, DK tank, DK tank, Warden + Sorc Heal
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP: Stamblade/Stamden
    PvE: Stamblade/Stamden

Magicka classes will be insta-kicked in PvE. Magdens in particular will be told to uninstall if they try to show up to a trial or DLC dungeon group.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 23, 2018 9:17PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka DK and Templar will be fine in all formats.

Heavy Armor will be the univesal PvP meta for all Magicka classes that still PvP.

Stamina will rule PvP.

PvE will be about the same except Templars will take the lead in ranged DPS.
    Playing since beta...
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    Magicka DK and Templar will be fine in all formats.

Heavy Armor will be the univesal PvP meta for all Magicka classes that still PvP.

Stamina will rule PvP.

PvE will be about the same except Templars will take the lead in ranged DPS.

Yes, I've watched some PTS videos and they show Templars are #1 right now. NBs imo can be at their level but only in a trial, with magicka orbs. Then there's a MASSIVELY HUGE gap before the other classes.
    Stam will be meta for older trials, the two above for newer trials.

Wardens now have replaced sorcs even as buff-bot. Sorcs can enjoy 1 year of retirement, like already happened 3 years ago.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The meta is look for a new game
    FO76
    hell even BDO is looking more fun than mag<anything> atm
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Arthalion1
    Arthalion1
    ✭✭✭
    wozborne wrote: »
    PvP I would say
    Magplar,
    Stamblade,
    MagDK,
    Stamden,
    Stamplar,
    StamDk,
    Stamsorc,
    Magden,
    Magsorc

I agree with this list. Magplars are already very op (although underutilised) and are about to see a huge buff to Jesus beam with the reduced cast time and increased damage last patch. Jabs are also now being buffed. Given magplars insane defence, good luck trying to fight one.

Just for the record, I do have a magplar and thought it was op before this patch... and the last patch.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthalion1 wrote: »
    PvP I would say
    Magplar,
    Stamblade,
    MagDK,
    Stamden,
    Stamplar,
    StamDk,
    Stamsorc,
    Magden,
    Magsorc

I agree with this list. Magplars are already very op (although underutilised) and are about to see a huge buff to Jesus beam with the reduced cast time and increased damage last patch. Jabs are also now being buffed. Given magplars insane defence, good luck trying to fight one.

Just for the record, I do have a magplar and thought it was op before this patch... and the last patch.

Evasion change messing with jabs, solar barrage, Cresant sweep, etc. And defiles are still potent.

Bleed specs will still havea fun time now that sheilds can be crit on.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • radarsu
    radarsu
    ✭✭

What setup makes MagPlar op? Please let me know. I tried almost everything (Shacklebreaker, Lich, Soulshine, Cyrodiils Light, War Maiden, Wizards Riposte and Impregnable in various combinations, going for Fortified Brass now) and he is still substantially weaker than my DK without a set (just random things) :(.

For an ultimate I tried Soul Assault, but even I managed to make it 70k+ damage, it works well only on open space (rarely) and usually deals only 1/3 or 1/2 of damage due to obstacles. Not to mention that while channeling you're usually going down from 100% to 20% hp and after you must quickly switch to total defense, so in the end I'm still forced to use DawnBreaker on magicka build.
    MagPlar... OP? Well, it's the only class I've never seen doing more dmg than 1.2 mln on BattleGrounds while others managed to do over 3 mln (with record of 3.6 mln done by DK).

It's also the only class that if you have like 3+ in party you can literally instaquit BG.

The only thing that's OP on MagPlar is heal and with proper gear - sustain. But it's all for the cost of damage and mobility (you can't have it anyways). And almost every non-healer MagPlar would love to trade those.
    Jabs buffed, but in laggy enviroment they're buggy. You hit 1 or 2 shots instead of 4. Also if Evasion will be popular thing they won't hit that much. Insane defense - but only when you're being offensive. When you are forced to heal up and block, your minor protection goes down when you most need it.

And Jesus Beam... Well, it's channeling skill that usually is not working because of obstacles anyways. But definitely shortening it was more than needed.

My bet PvP:
    StamBlade
    StamDen
    StamPlar
    MagDK
    StamDK
    MagSorc
    MagPlar
    StamSorc
    MagDen
    Edited by radarsu on October 10, 2018 5:07PM
  • Bitmun
    Bitmun
    ✭✭✭
    My hurt is so deep, that I don't even want to think about what disguisting builds will be the new PVP meta this time. :P
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamblade
    Stamden - MagDK
    Magblade
    (insert gap here)
    Magplar
    Stam DK
    Stamsorc
    Stamplar
    (insert YUUUUUUUUGE gap here)
    Magden
    Magcrafter
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP

Stamblade
    StamDen
    Stamplar
    MagPlar
    MagBlade
    MagDK
    StamDK
    StamSorc
    MagSorc
    MagDen
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP I would say
    Magplar,
    Stamblade,
    MagDK,
    Stamden,
    Stamplar,
    StamDk,
    Stamsorc,
    Magden,
    Magsorc

How are jabs being buffed? Is it just the targeting changes, cause all I see is a potential 25% hit from evasion.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PVP
    Stamblade
    StamDen
    Stamplar
    MagBlade
    MagDK
    MagPlar
    StamDK
    StamSorc
    MagDen
    MagSorc
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a main stamina dk I’m lvlling a magden for pvp next patch. I’m going to show all crybabies that skill>everything
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch, I'm trying not to think.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly. i don't know how many people are gonna stick around after murkmire. it's a really bad patch and just spits in the face of the vast majority of ESO players. i thought Morrowind was bad but no, i actually haven't been this bummed about a patch.... ever, really. with that said i actually haven't played or thought about eso much since i read the first patch notes. this one is probably gonna be it for me i think.

P.S. No, you can't have my stuff.
    Edited by Lucky28 on October 11, 2018 4:10AM
    Invictus
  • BlackLabel
    BlackLabel
    ✭✭✭
    In pvp heavy stamden will be strongest by far.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP

Hard to say. Against most, stamblade. Competitively, magDK. Solo, stamden. Most influential on the outcome of a battle, magplar.

PvE

Magicka is probably still going to reign due to the safely of range.

But we'll see.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on October 11, 2018 10:18AM
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP I would say
    Magplar,
    Stamblade,
    MagDK,
    Stamden,
    Stamplar,
    StamDk,
    Stamsorc,
    Magden,
    Magsorc

Total dark. One of the reasons templars are op
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely seeing some consensus in this thread regarding top tier. Here's what I'd wager for PvP:

Stamblade (open world); Stamden, Stamplar (BG)

Magplar, MagDK
    StamDK, Magblade, Stamsorc
    Magden (lowest open world, mid-tier in BG), Magsorc
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For 1vX PvP:
    S Rank: Stamblade
    A Rank: Stamden
    B Rank: MagBlade StamSorc
    C Rank: Stamplar MagSorc StamDK
    D Rank: Magden MagDK Magplar

Stamblade having class access to 25% AoE reduction will be broken, making it completely dominant. Stamden is only getting buffed as well although it's already known to be one of the top PvP classes in the game. Magblade and StamSorc will both have amazing mobility next patch amidst all the mobility nerfs which puts them a cut and above the other tiered classes. Stamplar and Magplar will have virtually no chance at killing heavy armor stamblades and difficulty killing majority of Cyrodiil next patch because their spammable and ultimate are both gonna be mitigated by evasion. On top of that, Stamplar is taking major defensive nerfs with changes to rune. StamDK is still suffering from having to use dizzying with no real supporting damage, the only thing they have going for them is their good survivability and the 8% weapon damage buff they are getting if in med armor next patch. MagSorc will have far better mobility then the bottom tier classes which is my only reasoning for putting them above, and I personally believe resistances effecting shields will allow for some solid builds to be theorycrafted. Anybody who has 1vXed on Magplar or Magden or MagDK know just how garbage tier those classes are open world 1vXing and knows it doesn't really need an explanation. They really didn't receive any meaningful buffs and Magplar got significantly nerfed with the aforementioned evasion change.

PvE:
    I refer you to Liko.
    Edited by templesus on October 11, 2018 5:08AM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure most veteran pvpers on any stambuild would use heavy armor. And dw with bleeds. Atleast on stamplar and stamden

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Pretty sure most veteran pvpers on any stambuild would use heavy armor. And dw with bleeds. Atleast on stamplar and stamden

Many stamplars run medium.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp