The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorcerer Nerfs/Buffs Imperial city-Murkmire. Outdated class?

• Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel
    If you want to earn brownie points with the community
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    All classes have gone though this... remember when NB Sap Tanks were a thing but they destroyed my playstyle.
    Yep... people don't know this and often say for example that cloak is super OP / broken etc. ... Those people apparently don't remember the times when one of cloak morphs had build in purge (negative effects removal) ;) ... imagine that today... :o

All classes went through this small "erosion" style nerfs... bit by bit...

Cloaking meteors all day long...
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »
    All classes have gone though this... remember when NB Sap Tanks were a thing but they destroyed my playstyle.
    Yep... people don't know this and often say for example that cloak is super OP / broken etc. ... Those people apparently don't remember the times when one of cloak morphs had build in purge (negative effects removal) ;) ... imagine that today... :o

All classes went through this small "erosion" style nerfs... bit by bit...

Cloaking meteors all day long...

But those changes to cloak weren’t class breaking for the nb.
    They still can cloak and force dodge range skills
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when my stat pools had 4 digits, 1,200 DPS was considered good, and Warlock was the magicka set, and stacking stuff made no sense. The game definitely has changed totally. The class has not.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but you're talking about is a niche playstyle...mag/stam nightblades are still super viable. What he's talking about is the absolute gutting of a class type. Magsorc will never play the same again after murkmire.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I remember when my stat pools had 4 digits, 1,200 DPS was considered good, and Warlock was the magicka set, and stacking stuff made no sense. The game definitely has changed totally. The class has not.

Those were much better days
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake