The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Need to be able to interrupt defencive channels..

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Meditate is an issue imo, Example: youre beating on a tank, you cant burst him cause he keeps block up 98% of the time so whenever you cc him and get some burst into him you can grind his hp down eventually....unless he has meditate skill, because then he can channel it for 5s after he breaks the cc and effectively gain more resources then he spent the last 10s blocking and healing.

This isnt only a problem on tanks either. There is no counterplay to meditate when they already have ccimmunity.

PC EU
PvP only
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bash?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The opponent is also not doing anything else for 5 seconds. I get that a lot of players want to be able to oneshot everything, but can we stop asking for nerfs to every defensive mechanic?
    Edited by Feanor on October 9, 2018 11:08AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no issue here. Said player is no threat at all.

He can't kill you, siege, rez, drop a camp. Utterly useless besides being a distraction on players that go after them like a dog with a bone.

It's quite simple, keep an aye on them and bash when they try to do something useful. Simple as that.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you could always just outdmg someone healing with meditate? i mean it´s 1500 heal/s which gets halved in pvp...
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is right about the tanks though.
    You are not going to kill a tanky build while he meditates, the 30% damage reduction on top of the already high tankiness ensures that. It's even worse when they got other defensive tools running, especially when they are of the non-depelting time (i.e. no shield). At the same time the regenerate more resources than they used prior. Afterwards they just go back to permablocking and heal up to full in 1 or 2 globals.

It's less viable on light and medium armor builds, b/c the 1500 hps is not off-setting the damage you take - even with major protection active.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meditate = major protection while channeling. If u burst while they are doing that ure wasting ult.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    You are not going to kill a tanky build while he meditates, the 30% damage reduction on top of the already high tankiness ensures that. It's even worse when they got other defensive tools running, especially when they are of the non-depelting time (i.e. no shield). At the same time the regenerate more resources than they used prior. Afterwards they just go back to permablocking and heal up to full in 1 or 2 globals.

It's less viable on light and medium armor builds, b/c the 1500 hps is not off-setting the damage you take - even with major protection active.

Sure but that´s a general problem with tank builds - however how much of a problem is it really - those builds do nothing but tank. They´re otherwise useless.

Asking for a nerf to meditate bc it overperforms on "useless" builds is somewhat questionable.
    I don´t see many light or mediumarmor builds utilize the skill and if they do it´s certainly not op.
    <Noricum>

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, the skill is cool and makes some fun builds viable. Making it interruptle for the whole time would make the skill complete useless. I see why this skill can be annoying in a 1v1 tho, but 1v1 is cheese anyways.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just set up a cold fire trebuchet.

We did last night. Works like a champ.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    you could always just outdmg someone healing with meditate? i mean it´s 1500 heal/s which gets halved in pvp...

Smart players will cast all their hots first then meditate with major protection. It's very easy to meditate with 5K hots on top.

This is a legitimate issue. I think CC immunity should not apply to bashing channels. It completely removes the risk/reward nature of them.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Smart players will cast all their hots first then meditate with major protection. It's very easy to meditate with 5K hots on top.

This is a legitimate issue. I think CC immunity should not apply to bashing channels. It completely removes the risk/reward nature of them.

the problem is that this would be nerfing a high risk reward tool for medium and light armor builds -

because of unkillable but useless heavyarmor tanks. not really desireable balancing approach if you ask me.
    Edited by Derra on October 9, 2018 5:36PM
    <Noricum>

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You cannot kill a real tank build easily even without Meditate , this is how the game run .

If you cannot beat him , leave him .

Nerfing is meaningless , ZOS can't set everything for you .
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

Sure but that´s a general problem with tank builds - however how much of a problem is it really - those builds do nothing but tank. They´re otherwise useless.

Asking for a nerf to meditate bc it overperforms on "useless" builds is somewhat questionable.
    I don´t see many light or mediumarmor builds utilize the skill and if they do it´s certainly not op.

Yes and no.

I agree, that Meditate should not be nerfed for everybody else just b/c it is problematic on tanks.

However, that those guys can only tank and do nothing else is not correct. I have encountered some that also dealt relatively high single target damage. And that's where it becomes problematic. Because you cannot kill those guys. You literally deal almost no damage while they block, and once you depleted their stamina pool (which takes forever) they just switch to meditate and again you cannot kill them. At the same time when they go on the offensive they can kill you. And you in LA or MA spamming meditate while they are attacking you won't save your life.

I think the solution lies in the armor passives. I know you disagree, but I think heavy armor should have a damage debuff, while LA and MA get a damage bonus for their respective damage types. That would solve the issue. The HA build won't be able to kill you. At the same time, even with the damage bonus, you still won't be able to kill the tanky guy.

I know you want to maintain the "heavy armor brawler" playstyle. But a heavy armor brawler should not be as tanky as a tank and as dangerous as a damage dealer. It has to be somewhere in between, and that's currently just not the case.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop spamming controls?

wait for no cc immune meditate and bash?

in what situation you need to actually kill a tank solo? BG? bring buddy to help you

i can't get this - why you should be able to kill everyone regardless of their build solo in a couple of seconds with brainless

burst rota?
  • Donnasnowheart_ESO
    Donnasnowheart_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Could just exclude meditate and morphs from the 30% protection passive lol :) .
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wait for no cc immune meditate and bash?

The issue is, while you "wait" for them to be bashable again they will have gained a tripot worth of resources and then youre back in the same situation ~10 seconds later. Around around it goes. I dunno, but in my mind it should not be this easy to have a near unkillable sustainable tanky build.

PC EU
    PvP only