Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request: Make it possible to hide/lock selected items from sell/deconstruct/research

Arbi
Arbi
✭✭
There are some weapons and gear that I do not always have equipped but I would still very much like to keep and switch to when I talk to merchants or when I craft (because of the extraction/merchant gold bonuses that these items then provide).

I would suggest (if possible) that we get an extra option in the right click menu when clicking weapons or gear in the inventory that would be something along the line of; "hide this item from sell/deconstruct/research",

Then I never would accidentally destroy or vendor these items when I do not have them equipped on me. As it is now it is very easy to accidentally sell or destroy a piece that you did not intend to, when you have 3 different sets of gear to try keep track of.

I hope more people support this idea and that somebody who is able to make this happen will take note of this post.

Thank you for reading.
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seconded

some form of "lock" to prevent accidental selling/destruction of non-equiped gear would be tremendously helpful
  • Nordak
    Nordak
    ✭✭
    Third it
  • Kvass
    Kvass
    Soul Shriven
    I agree! I've accidentally destroyed a lot already..
    Kvass Dorn'ke
    Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • Varsolc
    Varsolc
    agree
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this, other than wearing it, there is no passable way to prevent accidents (no undo).
  • Wildflower1
    Yes, please. The deconstruction/research is so new to me that I have accidentally sold research weapons too.
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    /agree

It's even worse with alts, since I will stick items in the bank for an alt, forget it, and deconstruct the item! Or I'll research an item that I MEANT to have an alt use for a while and deconstruct it later.
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just ask for the whole material tab to be hidden? Would make it a lot easier too.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• Opioid
    Opioid
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I'd love to see a way to filter items in my inventory vs in the bank while I'm deconstructing so I can just break down all the crap in my bags without having to scroll through all the stuff I'm saving in the bank to use at a higher level or to research.
  • TVoid_ESO
    TVoid_ESO
    just mark your weapons or armour u don't want to sell as junk. that way if you come to a merchant and u click on ur armour or weapon tab they will not be there and you will not sell them.

It is not perfect but it is a work around I use.
  • rtx
    rtx
    ✭✭✭
    I 12th it!
    Would be very helpful.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    Other games have this feature, I think GW2 does it.
  • lupusrex
    lupusrex
    ✭✭✭
    (because of the extraction/merchant gold bonuses that these items then provide).

I agree that locking would be a nice feature, but I thought I should mention that wearing gear with those two traits does nothing. It only affects what you get from selling or deconstructing that piece of gear.
    Martial Keen-Eye ~ Templar Healer/Archer ~ Daggerfall Covenant

"I ain't done nothin'."
  • Rammi
    Rammi
    ✭✭✭
    Please add this!! Perhaps a mod can be made?
    The Champion System should have rewarded Champion Points based off of achievements and feats earned through excelling at end game content not grinding your life away vs mobs in order to stay competitive. This system is uncreative and is a great example of extremely lazy system design. Yes, you should be embarrassed
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell you how many times I have accidentally deconstructed an item. The frustration was too much, so i changed my gameplan and now, I don my fav gear and to Hell with rest. My alts level faster, I have more coin and I'm less stressed.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes please
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    best game mechanic suggestion.. how did this not get done in beta?

please add the function.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this feature. Though as lupusrex already said, Ornate and Intricate only apply to the item bearing the trait. As in that item sells for more gold or gives more IP when extracted. You get nothing from wearing it.

However, I'd love to have this for those who do switch between different set pieces and/or carry pets and disguises they'd rather not sell by accident.

As for the 'mark it as junk' suggestion. That is a really poor workaround. I actually use that function all the time to quickly sell things to a vendor. If I began marking things I wanted to keep as junk, they'd be gone from the buyback screen long before I realized what happened.
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    This a thousand times! having to scroll through all my bank stuff (that's there for a reason) really slows down crafting. Huge QoL change for us avid crafters
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea!

Think I can have deconstructed 1 or 2 items too much :)
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this ^
    Also, we need in our Inventory window a Armor & Weapons Set tab. Not to add such a function but to filter any extra equipment we wish to carry around with us. Right click and lock armor & weapons from decon but also "Mark to Equipment Set", something like that.

Currently I'm using my Mark as Junk to sort the weapons I want to keep on me and not bank or decon. <groans loudly>
  • Sadique
    Sadique
    ✭✭✭
    this has been requested every beta weekend i played in and multiple times by people on the closed beta. I have no idea why it isnt in yet
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be handy , so i second this notion.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Just adding my "yes, please" to this.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice...I wouldn't kick this feature out of bed for eating crackers.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Limited
    Limited
    Yes please! Great idea!
  • glasswalkers_04_ESO
    I agree with this as well. Or if thats to much of a coding issues can we at least get an icon to the left of the item name to denote banked vs carried in inventory?
  • ijRoberts
    ijRoberts
    ✭✭✭
    Yessssss! Thisssss!

I have accidentally deconstructed SO MANY items I meant to save simply because I get into the "deconstruction rhythm" and plow through all the items.

Being able to right click an item and having a "protected" or "locked" option and then not having those items show in the deconstruction tab would be great.
  • clearnoise
    Agreed, this would be most helpfull!
  • cymatt
    cymatt
    ✭✭✭
    it will be helpful otherwise has any addon this function?