Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can someone from ZOS explain the magicka warden nerfs?

• Drygon
    Drygon
    ✭✭✭
    I wait to see how the patch goes from now on, they buffed stamina warden and ignored magicka warden again.

For some reason they refuse to buff Ice DMG and give us a real CC too. In this curent form Frost Reach is 1000 times better then arctic blast.

I am getting tired of even beeing frustrated, and all this free stuff with dailies, events and so on won't compensate for actualy gameplay quality. I can just buy those things if i want them.

If nothing changes guess it will be time to move on.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    I'm really confused as to why you nerfed the weakest class in the game. They are parsing way behind the other magicka classes on PTS right now (they would have even without all the nerfs).

Could someone from the dev team please explain their logic and provide some evidence (like DPS parses) to justify their decisions?

Considering I paid money for this class, I demand some kind of customer service.

Thanks.

What are other magicka specs parsing solo on the 6mil on PTS right now?

Maybe I just haven't figured out what to do with a sorc yet, but I'm parsing way higher on PTS with a magwarden than I am a magsorc.

pBAEj24.png

It's a bit of cheese (Zaan + Trap), but that's where all of those super-high magblade parses come from. Admittedly I know absolutely nothing about magwarden, just created one on PTS a few days ago to see how it'd parse. I imagine that will go over 50k with a bit of tweaking (I know my Fetcher uptime is not good, I don't have a great "rotation"), easily well over that number using bi-stat food with someone providing orbs and ele.

~57k is pretty standard for the other magicka classes on PTS.

I doubt any magicka spec is hitting 57k solo on the PTS right now. Maybe magblades, I'm not sure, I saw Get Em Shauna post a ~54k parse last week.

The 57k parses are grouped up with Combat Prayer, Infallible Aether, Orbs, and Ele Drain. Or at least the 57k magsorc and magplar parses I've seen were done like that.

I agree, 57k solo for any other class sounds hyperbolic (but if there are pictures, I’d love to see them!). But the spell strategist set is imaginably inflating magicka parses a significant amount. I wouldn’t doubt that every magicka class is breaking 50k solo in the hands of skilled players now.

Spell strategist set is useful in solo or if noons in your group is wearing it.
    Which means that it pulls great numbers on dummies but in any other content is pretty meh

It should be able to be used by everyone in the group now, from 4.2.1:
    Spell Strategist: Fixed an issue where multiple players could not benefit from the Spell Strategist debuff if they applied it to the same target.

But I agree that it’s probably not great for at least certain trial fights. Basically 100% uptime on a buff the same caliber as BSW/Scathing is really strong, but limiting it to a single target means your dps suffers when having to constantly switch targets or in aoe fights. But since those aren’t worries for a dummy parse, I’m guessing that’s what most people are using to inflate their mag numbers further.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

Let's conveniently forget how sorcs are a pure DPS class with zero utility and cannot respec into the top PvP spec, trial quality tank or trial quality healer.

This argument always pisses me off so much. Why would I want to be the top PVP spec when I am a PVE player?

True, we could switch to being a tank or a healer, which is a whole new set of personal skills to train, while how many guilds would want "recent DPS turned healer" into their trial groups?

Why can't I be a viable endgame DPS with the class I like?
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on October 1, 2018 5:20PM
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka wardens are clearly overperforming...
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really confused as to why you nerfed the weakest class in the game. They are parsing way behind the other magicka classes on PTS right now (they would have even without all the nerfs).

Could someone from the dev team please explain their logic and provide some evidence (like DPS parses) to justify their decisions?

Considering I paid money for this class, I demand some kind of customer service.

Thanks.

You need to cry harder, see sorcs? They cried 24/7 like toddlers and zos reverted shield cast time to instant.

And now they're balling about having a cap on their shields, like it was balanced for a player to more than double their effective health on a whim as part of their rotation.

Play one before you bully one. This game isnt balanced around 1v1. Magicka sorcs scale horribly against more than 1 player, unlike roll dodge which is BiS against X.
    If they were OP, cyro would be plagued with them. Theres a reason cyro is filled with NBs. I play two of them personally.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just nerfed the speed bonus of falcons swiftness to 4s... what in the world is wrong with them!!! The uptime on major expedition was one of the only things Magden had going for it!!! Now it’s a generic speed buff equivalent to empowering chains, double take, and lightning form... this is an absolutely unacceptable change!!! They nerfed swift to 6% fair enough... but nerfing bird of prey is going too far!!!
  • Myux
    Myux
    ✭✭✭
    cant kill something thats already dead AAAHAHAHAH
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

Let's conveniently forget how sorcs are a pure DPS class with zero utility and cannot respec into the top PvP spec, trial quality tank or trial quality healer.

This argument always pisses me off so much. Why would I want to be the top PVP spec when I am a PVE player?

True, we could switch to being a tank or a healer, which is a whole new set of personal skills to train, while how many guilds would want "recent DPS turned healer" into their trial groups?

Why can't I be a viable endgame DPS with the class I like?

Well, you can be. This thread is about competitive endgame dps, not viable endgame dps. Magden dps is fine to complete any content in the game. As I read it, OP’s complaint is and has been magden representation on the leaderboards because they don’t pull the same numbers other magclasses do (probably stamden too but from what I’ve seen that shouldn’t be an issue next patch). I can’t really offer an informed opinion on their current capability for competitive dps w/o more data. But I do disagree with the characterization that they can’t do viable dps.
  • stileanima
    stileanima
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just want to chime in here a bit.

So on the pts, using the same build as I do on live (with no Bird of Prey for self-Minor Berserk), I do parse considerably lower solo than I do on live. This has a little to do with the Spell Precision nerf (now 9% down from 12%), and also with the Eternal Guardian nerf (damage decrease of approx. 30%).

What this means is that to get an accurate depiction of how Magicka specs stack up to one another, comparisons need to be made where they are given the same buffs. This especially holds true when testing Mag Warden because they do not possess any unique offensive buffs like all of the other classes do- for example Minor Sorcery from Templars, Minor Prophecy from Sorcerers, Minor Savagery from Nightblades (and also Minor Berserk if you do not include Bird of Prey in your setup), and Minor Brutality/Engulfing Flames damage bonus from Dragonknights.

Now especially that these minor buffs have been given an overhaul to be more potent than before, it is important to include them in dps comparisons in order to get the most accurate results possible. This also holds true for Minor Vuln as Sorcerers have access to it moreso than other specs due to their rotations including a good deal of shock damage.

I've just released a video where I do a test with Minor Sorcery given to my Warden, as well as the standards to normalize other Magicka tests (Ele Drain, Orbs, CBP and IA):
    https://youtu.be/-T0EF5E6_3M
    (58k on 6mil)

To compare this to other classes, I recommend that you check out Liko's channel, where he has uploaded several PTS tests with the same thoughts in mind:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuLGCNYH1t5DyQQ5tfU4Hdw

I've also done a similar test with Mag Sorc, pet and non-pet:
    https://youtu.be/P5m331b9cNM

https://youtu.be/tvp1QZyDZKU

So, in short, all Magicka classes are actually pulling pretty similar numbers when they are given the same buffs, though Magblade still does pull that tiny bit more.

Edited by stileanima on October 1, 2018 7:30PM
    Platform: PC/NA
    Guild: Calamity
    Role: Healer/Damage Dealer

YouTube | Twitch
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the other hand the PvP performance of Magden is so bad that the subclass is an endangered species there and this patch is making the situation even worse with the damage shield and bird of prey changes