Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City: Turn off Factions. Free For All PVP.

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
A free for all mode in Imperial City would completely revitalize it. You can finally farm your friends from the same faction! And the game mode would be completely different and distinct from the rest of the game’s pvp modes.

1. Party members would be immune to each other’s damage.
2. You can set up guild events to fight each other.
3. You can set up 2v2, 3v3, XvX dueling tournaments.
4. The PvP events will allow for all sorts of environmental elements. Bring bosses and mobs to add a new dimension to the duel.
5. Put a wager on your duels and battles with Telvar! Amp the risk vs reward.
6. Make new friends from other factions!

Turn IC into a sandbox pvp zone!
Edited by Skoomah on October 1, 2018 5:04PM
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly doubt that. There are 2 reasons why people don't play IC.

1) There are no interesting rewards
    2) People feel the trade-off between risk and reward is not interesting enough.

Neither of these issues will be addressed by this change. The latter will even be exacerbated. People that are already affraid to go their solo or in small groups when 1/3 of the players cannot attack them won't be going into IC when all of the players can attack them.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like something catered towards good players, which this game needs more of.

+1 this needs to happen
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. A good death is it’s own reward.
    2. Risk is death. Reward is glory!
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    I highly doubt this will fix IC’s problems. I’m a full time PvPer with thousands of hours into PvP but I almost never go into IC because it’s too punishing and the rewards aren’t good enough to make it worth it. Sure I can maybe get a few K stones killing potatoes but then you run into a Zerg, die, and lose half the progress you made. And even if you do get a lot of stones saved somehow, what are you gonna buy with it? More likely then not just Alchemy Mats which feels very unrewarding.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    1. A good death is it’s own reward.
    2. Risk is death. Reward is glory!

3. Lag makes your stronger
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS were to separate IC from Cyrodiil, they could introduce alternate ruleset IC instances such as GvG and FFA.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wozborne wrote: »
    I highly doubt this will fix IC’s problems.

When even the DaoC FFA servers failed miserably, I'm sure that game mode will be a glorious success in ESO o:)
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a huge reason to stack into a zerg? No.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Sounds like something catered towards good players, which this game needs more of.

+1 this needs to happen

That would probably make IC already scarce population plummet.
    Good players bring quality, but the zone also needs average players for the quantity.
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea, but I'm not sure I want to get farmed by Fengrush... avoiding his Stamden is the only benefit to DC!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have a BG mode like this. We can call it Rumble :tongue:
  • MehVahdJukaar
    MehVahdJukaar
    ✭✭✭
    Make Imperial city a Battle royale XD
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fun is limited only by the player base’s imagination!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing in the OPs suggestion that would bring the masses back to IC.
    Skoomah wrote: »
    The fun is limited only by the player base’s imagination!

And this is a reason the idea should not be implemented. It applies to the existing design as well which again means OPs idea offers nothing to suggest it would be successful.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wozborne wrote: »
    I highly doubt this will fix IC’s problems. I’m a full time PvPer with thousands of hours into PvP but I almost never go into IC because it’s too punishing and the rewards aren’t good enough to make it worth it. Sure I can maybe get a few K stones killing potatoes but then you run into a Zerg, die, and lose half the progress you made. And even if you do get a lot of stones saved somehow, what are you gonna buy with it? More likely then not just Alchemy Mats which feels very unrewarding.

Good point.

Back when Agility/Willpower were BiS or just very desirable, IC seemed to be pretty busy.

Personally I'd just like them to make it easier to get to IC (direct queue in or a port from the Alliance gate) and improve the rewards. I'm sure some people would hate the idea, but maybe do something like sell Dungeon sets for Tel Var? Sort of like how overland sets sell for AP?
    Edited by LiquidPony on October 1, 2018 5:11PM
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can’t hurt IC. It’s empty all year round except for the telvar event.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    I'd rather have a BG mode like this. We can call it Rumble :tongue:

Now THIS i can get behind. A 12 person all out war in a BG zone. Have the team/player named as *insert name here*'s Champion to keep the "team theme."

Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BGs have queue times. IC doesn’t. Why limit to 12 when you can have it be completely sandbox in IC!
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This. This is the change IC needs. Just make group cap somewhere between 4-8 before entering. Keep the brainless pugs from 24 manning it. Besides isn’t the WGT special or something. Worth every alliance backstabbing each other for glory and tel var. Just give a warning when you enter.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions