The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

UPDATED: What Radial Sweep Really Needs (Empowering Sweep / Crescent Sweep)

jrgray93
jrgray93
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Update: New video, two more examples recorded within a single play session. :| Only ~30 minutes apart. The first one doesn't hit a single target in traffic, even the one whose character model is clipping my own. The 950ish hit you see blocked isn't enough to be the sweep and there is no visual impact. The second one doesn't hit the target I am trying to hit. New video is higher quality and features audio! Pay attention to the lack of a thump sound when the sweep should land. You just hear a swoosh.

https://youtu.be/v3j9v7cYWho

Increase the range. 10 meters would be great.

This skill is completely unreliable because the range is pathetic. This is an ultimate, albeit a cheap one. It shouldn't be so difficult to land hits with it. It's especially bad now that so many people have swift jewelry. It's so bad in its current state, things can move out of range in the time it takes to ping the server. I constantly register a miss when the cast started with the target in range.

Fun fact: Grothdarr procs have a larger radius. 8 meters vs 6.

Here's a quick video I captured, showing the ultimate missing an NPC. The ability hits for five digits on the setup I'm using in the video. The hits you see are from other sources. No audio, as it was muted and this was grabbed with an instant replay function. I didn't set out to record it.

https://youtu.be/FewscfOoGWU
Edited by jrgray93 on October 2, 2018 12:23AM
EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like it if it actually hit the things. I'm talking PvE mobs directly in front of me. I've completely whiffed so many times I've lost count.
    Edited by redspecter23 on September 28, 2018 10:18PM
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like it if it actually hit the things. I'm talking PvE mobs directly in front of me. I've completely whiffed so many times I've lost count.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm talking about.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    Increase the range. 10 meters would be great.

This skill is completely unreliable because the range is pathetic. This is an ultimate, albeit a cheap one. It shouldn't be so difficult to land hits with it. It's especially bad now that so many people have swift jewelry. It's so bad in its current state, things can move out of range in the time it takes to ping the server. I constantly register a miss when the cast started with the target in range.

Fun fact: Grothdarr procs have a larger radius. 8 meters vs 6.

Here's a quick video I captured, showing the ultimate missing an NPC. The ability hits for five digits on the setup I'm using in the video. The hits you see are from other sources. No audio, as it was muted and this was grabbed with an instant replay function. I didn't set out to record it.

https://youtu.be/FewscfOoGWU

+1 for an ult it shoulde be easier to hit than some random pb aoe
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTB 9 meters, same as Steel Tornado. Also give it some Z-axis love so that I can hit the guy standing on a molehill right in front of me.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not 100% sure but I believe it is a cone aoe. So it should have the same range as dawnbreaker.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been asking for a rework on this for a while. I know new people that I have introduced to the game that are super frustrated with being a templar because of this skill. This is one of the biggest pain points for templar.

I would suggest a complete animation rework. Right now its a spear swinging around your head.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the animation was a templar stabbing his spear into the ground and a shockwave of air and dust extending radially from it? That would make more sense now since empowering sweep is physical damage.

• jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Not 100% sure but I believe it is a cone aoe. So it should have the same range as dawnbreaker.

It's radial. Crescent gains a damage bonus in a cone, but the base attack is still a circle.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been asking for a rework on this for a while. I know new people that I have introduced to the game that are super frustrated with being a templar because of this skill. This is one of the biggest pain points for templar.

I would suggest a complete animation rework. Right now its a spear swinging around your head.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the animation was a templar stabbing his spear into the ground and a shockwave of air and dust extending radially from it? That would make more sense now since empowering sweep is physical damage.

Yeh.The animation needs some work. But then again, half the templar skills in general have a clunky animation and weird hitbox.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree half of templar skills are clunky and some have weird hitbox. Half of the passives are just outdated and just have poor synergy with skills.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least our passive are getting some love next update. The permanent minor protection is huge.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Until the range is increased/hitbox is fixed, no other change made to this skill will matter.

Case in point: Crescent Sweep already hits hard as hell on live and it's still a niche ult that hardly sees any use. Why? It isn't because of the damage.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    At least our passive are getting some love next update. The permanent minor protection is huge.

Hmm? We have permanent minor protection on live (with Restoring Focus). We're losing that next patch. In Murkmire we'll only have minor protection while on the offensive -- we lose it when shifting to defense. Nerf or buff, it's not permanent.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can soul tether get a range buff too plz, I can't hit anything with it if my target is moving.

I feel like Sweep needs an increased animation speed more than a range buff
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Updated OP with another video.