Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make Crit/Power Surge Heal Pets

MashmalloMan
MashmalloMan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So I posted an idea for how I'd like to see a version of an Air Atronach perform: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/438419/stam-sorc-air-atronach#latest

Apart of the changes I proposed is a buff to crit/power surge to heal pets with the same heals we receive. The heals if TOO strong, could be halved on our pets.

If we received an Air Atronach with the changes I mentioned in my other post, a problem might be how to keep it alive. Currently, stam and mag sorc's have no way to heal their pets in their class kit. All we can do is shield them. If we did go ahead with a melee Air Atronach one of the issues may be the survivability of the morph.

Crit surge for stam sorcs provides 3k heals, we have no shields.

Power Surge for mag sorcs provides 2.5k heals, but they also use shields. Mag sorc can opt out of Power surge to get stronger heals with crit surge if they already have major sorcery.

With the nerf to shields and potential chance at a stam morph of Atronach's I'd think that surge healing our pets wouldn't be completely far-fetched. Wardens can now heal their bear.

This change would help tank/healer/dd's all the same that want to keep their pet alive easier. Still won't protect them from 1hit kills..
Edited by MashmalloMan on October 1, 2018 12:35AM
PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere I've seen people tossing around the idea of reverting Surge to its original format - healing based on crit damage done. Definitely worth revamping the skill I think - it almost feels like ZOS ran out of ideas for Sorc skills and decided to give them a passive as a skill instead. Hell, maybe they could remove implosion and move Surge effect there, and change surge to something else.

Edit: I forgot Dark Magic also existed and is useless, so...maybe that too.
    Edited by Tonturri on September 30, 2018 11:45PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    Somewhere I've seen people tossing around the idea of reverting Surge to its original format - healing based on crit damage done. Definitely worth revamping the skill I think - it almost feels like ZOS ran out of ideas for Sorc skills and decided to give them a passive as a skill instead. Hell, maybe they could remove implosion and move Surge effect there, and change surge to something else.

I don't think crit surge is weak by any means, 30 second buff that heals between 3-6k a second because it can crit is aweseome. It's the only thing I need in VMA and I still use it in group content too. I would just like it to do a little more, at least for our pets.

I would be fine with reworking RNG implosion for something else though. Just hopefully dmg. Even in a 45k dps parse, implosion in the last 20% only adds 800 dps on avg. It's really only strong for pvp.

Also I like your idea, passive healing like stamden might be cool, but it would need to be severely under powered at something like 1k instead of 3k so I'd prefer not to lose crit surge.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 30, 2018 11:45PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think crit surge is weak by any means, 30 second buff that heals between 3-6k a second because it can crit is aweseome. It's the only thing I need in VMA and I still use it in group content too. I would just like it to do a little more, at least for our pets.

I would be fine with reworking RNG implosion for something else though. Just hopefully dmg. Even in a 45k dps parse, implosion in the last 20% only adds 800 dps on avg. It's really only strong for pvp.

Also I like your idea, passive healing like stamden might be cool, but it would need to be severely under powered at something like 1k instead of 3k so I'd prefer not to lose crit surge.

My bad, forgot to mention I was speaking about PvP only. Surge really has no place in PvE content where you'd think it would be useful except for overworld/solo/vMA. You're probably wasting a slot if you use it anywhere else. I do think the pet idea is...cool, but I get the awful feeling ZOS is trying to shove mass amounts of sorc players towards pets when we really don't want to. I'm glad for the pet people, but personally, I despise the two skills. I also think pets should be revamped before we start looking at how they interact with skills outside their own skill tree.

Implosion isn't even strong in PvP. It's extremely random and you were probably about to execute your opponent anyway when it procs (heard it procs BEFORE the damage that procced it is applied, too).
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

My bad, forgot to mention I was speaking about PvP only. Surge really has no place in PvE content where you'd think it would be useful except for overworld/solo/vMA. You're probably wasting a slot if you use it anywhere else. I do think the pet idea is...cool, but I get the awful feeling ZOS is trying to shove mass amounts of sorc players towards pets when we really don't want to. I'm glad for the pet people, but personally, I despise the two skills. I also think pets should be revamped before we start looking at how they interact with skills outside their own skill tree.

Implosion isn't even strong in PvP. It's extremely random and you were probably about to execute your opponent anyway when it procs (heard it procs BEFORE the damage that procced it is applied, too).

I disagree, PVE is very vast. Not everything in the game is built for trials. In a trial you would want to spec your bar space mostly in to dps skills instead of self-healing, but it's very useful for vet pug dungeons, solo, vma, ds arena, overland - like you said. That's what, like 80% of the PVE content?

The change I'm proposing is a simple 1 they can add in easily. The coding is already there to share your shield. Use the same thing for healing on surge.

You may not like pet builds, I know I don't, but I would like an Air Atronach. My point of including healing for other specs is because they exist and they aren't going anywhere so buffing surge would help every party involved. Wardens can heal their pets and others with lotus flowers, we need something similar.

I'd prefer a complete rework of the class too from the ground up. Pet skills that weren't double slotted is a start. Reworking Daedric Summoning and Dark Magic to be useful for everyone and getting rid of the RNG implosion, but ZOS takes things slow.. Really really slow.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree, PVE is very vast. Not everything in the game is built for trials. In a trial you would want to spec your bar space mostly in to dps skills instead of self-healing, but it's very useful for vet pug dungeons, solo, vma, ds arena, overland - like you said. That's what, like 80% of the PVE content?

The change I'm proposing is a simple 1 they can add in easily. The coding is already there to share your shield. Use the same thing for healing on surge.

You may not like pet builds, I know I don't, but I would like an Air Atronach. My point of including healing for other specs is because they exist and they aren't going anywhere so buffing surge would help every party involved. Wardens can heal their pets and others with lotus flowers, we need something similar.

I'd prefer a complete rework of the class too from the ground up. Pet skills that weren't double slotted is a start. Reworking Daedric Summoning and Dark Magic to be useful for everyone and getting rid of the RNG implosion, but ZOS takes things slow.. Really really slow.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of Surge healing...OTHERS. I just don't think it'll work out well for pets. Pets tend to either live long enough to be warded next GCD by your ward, or die too fast. The Twilight has...I think 14k, last I checked? Tbh I don't think healing will make a difference, and it won't synergize well with the mechanic already in place to protect pets.

However, I'd love it if Surge had a group healing morph option, which could then include pets - heal group members for x whenever you crit, and so on and so forth.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run surge in trials.

Dead dps no dps. I got sick of being a dead dps.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of Surge healing...OTHERS. I just don't think it'll work out well for pets. Pets tend to either live long enough to be warded next GCD by your ward, or die too fast. The Twilight has...I think 14k, last I checked? Tbh I don't think healing will make a difference, and it won't synergize well with the mechanic already in place to protect pets.

However, I'd love it if Surge had a group healing morph option, which could then include pets - heal group members for x whenever you crit, and so on and so forth.

Yeah, that would be pretty cool, gives tanks and healers a chance to heal their group members too with something consistent tied to critting which is a cool mechanic and unique enough. Might be a bit dangerous, ZOS just finished nerfing magblades because they had great offhealing. I guess it doesn't do any dmg

I know pets die to 1 shots, the point of the change is minor and should of been there to begin with imo. It wouldn't be a huge buff, but it would give stam sorc's a way to heal their air atronach if we got one. If we have an air atronach out with 0 healing it will eventually die just to regular dmg.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    I run surge in trials.

Yeah I feel pretty squishy without it in trials too. If its a pug trial I will use it, in coordinated groups it's not completely necessary but honestly. What skill would use instead anyway. There isn't any other options.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run surge in trials.

Yeah I feel pretty squishy without it in trials too. If its a pug trial I will use it, in coordinated groups it's not completely necessary but honestly. What skill would use instead anyway. There isn't any other options.

Dark conversion. Highly under-rated having that on the bar. Most trials have mechanic pauses in the dps where a quick dark conversion can refill your magicka and away you go. Can't really use it in rotation due to the cast time, but it's great to have in the back pocket.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run surge in trials.

Dark conversion. Highly under-rated having that on the bar. Most trials have mechanic pauses in the dps where a quick dark conversion can refill your magicka and away you go. Can't really use it in rotation due to the cast time, but it's great to have in the back pocket.

True. I'd prefer instant cast though. At least with the pts changes it provides some sustain over time and more return as a total. Using it in a rotation is no go, but prebuffing it will at least give you 2400 during the fight and top you up before the fight.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP