The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Heavy armor bleed builds overperforming in PvP? CP

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens when i run a bleed build in medium to actually counter heavy builds?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    This setup would not be very strong 1v1. In general I agree that heavy armor has too many good damage sets, as well. Both heavy and light armor do, fwiw, while there are no medium armor sets that come close to adding 600 weapon damage. That being said, the mitigation provided by heavy armor isn't that much in and of itself. Without other resistance buffs, this setup would have less than 30% resistance. Heavy armor only gets you an additional 10% or so over medium and only 13% or so more than light armor.

Also, changes to shuffle are a nerf for one, but secondly , you are complaining about heavy armor which doesn't even have access to shuffle, so it seems like you don't quite understand some of the mechanics of pvp.

Attacking heavy armor builds isn't really a challenge compared to fighting a shielded opponent.

1. Use Bleeds
    2. Defile
    3. CC and then swap between an Immobilizing skill and a channeled skill like flurry repeatedly until their immunity wears off to drain stamina
    4. Onslaught

FWIW, running fury with impregnable seems somewhat counter productive, unless if you're going full sturdy.

Fury + Impregnable is great actually. I run 7-well fitted Impreg+Truth Heavy and can roll as much any medium armor build, while way more defense and sustain that medium armor can provide.

Mostly I was pointing out that fury relies on taking critical damage, while ijmpreg prevents critical damage, so the two are counter intuitive if your crit resistance is at or above 3300, which is easy to pass with multiple impen or moderate investment in Resistant CP.

A crit roll still counts as a crit, even if you mitigate that crit damage to 0% bonus damage.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    This setup would not be very strong 1v1. In general I agree that heavy armor has too many good damage sets, as well. Both heavy and light armor do, fwiw, while there are no medium armor sets that come close to adding 600 weapon damage. That being said, the mitigation provided by heavy armor isn't that much in and of itself. Without other resistance buffs, this setup would have less than 30% resistance. Heavy armor only gets you an additional 10% or so over medium and only 13% or so more than light armor.

Also, changes to shuffle are a nerf for one, but secondly , you are complaining about heavy armor which doesn't even have access to shuffle, so it seems like you don't quite understand some of the mechanics of pvp.

Attacking heavy armor builds isn't really a challenge compared to fighting a shielded opponent.

1. Use Bleeds
    2. Defile
    3. CC and then swap between an Immobilizing skill and a channeled skill like flurry repeatedly until their immunity wears off to drain stamina
    4. Onslaught

FWIW, running fury with impregnable seems somewhat counter productive, unless if you're going full sturdy.

Fury + Impregnable is great actually. I run 7-well fitted Impreg+Truth Heavy and can roll as much any medium armor build, while way more defense and sustain that medium armor can provide.

Mostly I was pointing out that fury relies on taking critical damage, while ijmpreg prevents critical damage, so the two are counter intuitive if your crit resistance is at or above 3300, which is easy to pass with multiple impen or moderate investment in Resistant CP.

Dude that’s just not how crit resistance works XD
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    moosegod wrote: »
    You will never find a medium armour set that adds 600 weapon damage like a heavy set because medium armour has 12% extra weapon damage (15% in the next patch) so 600 would add up to too much, that's why it's around 400 for medium sets.

The thing is, you can wear Medium Armor with a Heavy jewelry/weapon set, and vice versa. As long as this is the case, I’m not sure that armor types can ever be balanced through set bonuses. It’s going to have to come through the armor passives.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens when i run a bleed build in medium to actually counter heavy builds?

You roll cancel for ultimate awesome

Imo; it's heavy hitting heavy or hard to hit medium. Dodge cancel everything vs swing for the fences
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mostly I was pointing out that fury relies on taking critical damage, while ijmpreg prevents critical damage,

Impreg reduces the size of critical damage. You still take it and still get the proc. They actually complement each other well. It also frees up an enchant if you want, allowing you to fill in gaps with sturdy, well-fitted, etc.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You add some swift to the mix and become meta.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on September 30, 2018 10:30PM