Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else got the stuck in combat bug again?

KILLING4ALIVING
KILLING4ALIVING
✭✭✭
I haven't had this in about a year but after the patch this morning I logged in and got into a battle and have been stuck in combat ever since. I tried reloading UI and everything but it won't let me out of combat. It was like that for about 30 minutes and finally I had to do a force quit. This happening to anyone else?
I use to be a PVP'er like you but then I took a lag spike to the knee.
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wat8.jpg?1315930535

It was never fixed for me?
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's those damn ressource guards.. if you aggro them and then leave the ressource without killing them all you are stuck in combat forever or until you die. The guards are stupid anyway..lagging all over the place.. at least for me.
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't had this in about a year but after the patch this morning I logged in and got into a battle and have been stuck in combat ever since. I tried reloading UI and everything but it won't let me out of combat. It was like that for about 30 minutes and finally I had to do a force quit. This happening to anyone else?

you're joking right?

DeAXnuRUQAA4ncr.png
    Edited by frozywozy on September 25, 2018 8:49AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. combat bug still happens. Usually when there's a good amount of lag going on as well. There was a patch some time ago and right after that it was really great. Healers not stuck in combat so they could mount, and the group could move on etc.

Kinda funny how this isn't reported much on the PvE side eh? I mean seriously, it's been so long now, it's just another crappy "feature".
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the bug often, almost every night I play.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this even on the PTS, with like 3 other players on the whole server. Had to run from Arrius to the new Outpost just to see it,

The Get-Stuck-While-running bug is worse, though.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty consistently getting it.....since patch. Even turned it in and was told 'Get it on video' but we all know that is just a brush off. One of the most irritating problems in the game for sure in my opinion- 6 seconds of no combat and you are supposed to be out of combat-
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only need to be sitting at transit and for someone to respawn whose been in combat, almost like residual AOE on their reincarnated corpse. Nothing better than finding some remote part of a keep just to swap skills and gear about.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember 9th October 2014 fondly.

It was the day I was last out of combat in eso.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup happened to me yesterday.

Had to end the process via task manager and relog to get it to stop
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's irritating when you turn in a kill quest in your home base, then can't port out because you are stuck in combat.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyday yes. This game is so broke.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me, especially in Cyrodiil, on all my characters, several time a day. Annoying.
    PC EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had to run from sejanus to almost cropsford earlier this week...

I feel like even my mounts hate having to travel all over cyrodiil at times...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 30, 2018 5:48AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Can something please be done about this? Been stuck in combat for 20 minutes, tried crouching and everything; nothing works. Can't even transit.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spell sym and jump off a high place and then respawn, usually does the trick. it's HoTs and netch that are the worst offenders /:
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    22 spril 2019
    Still not fixed !
    Make and correct software is not Zenimax best ability.
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spoke with Rob about the fast release of updates and if ZOS had considered doing a “Great Fix Patch” for one of their updates. He said it’s a question they get a lot and whilst it’s not off the table they as a company do need to produce for everyone and a majority of the bugs and issues faced are not ones everyone encounters or are drastically halting gameplay, as such they need to continue creating content for people who want new content to play and and don’t play at the higher level to notice if a skill or mechanic works a little wonky.
    ZOS probably considers this bug to be a little wonky.

Worse than SOE.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my bow builds, Draining Shot is a guaranteed stuck-in-combat culprit. If I hit someone with it, but they end up escaping, I’m guaranteed to be stuck in combat for at least 5 minutes, and probably longer. Almost makes me want to unslot it. Almost...
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was stuck for several minutes the first day of the event, traveling east of Vlastarus, nothing in sight in any direction. There was an initially enemy player near the quest giver, but they went another direction, and I got an unexpected load screen while riding away (already on horseback), barely 1 second. Then the in-combat persisted no matter how far I rode.

I had time to write a bug report and submit it, and it didn't go away until I finally did a /reloadui. I think the load screen glitch had something to do with preventing in-combat from ending.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its bad :(
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)