Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Very curious to see how light armor players are supposed to survive in the next pts notes....

GoodFella146
GoodFella146
✭✭✭✭✭
Picture a non-sorc for a second (though sorc has it pretty bad too now):

You're already in light armor so your resistances are low. Now your shield is nerfed because zos doesn't know how to do anything but nerf *** into the ground.

How are you going to survive all this damage you have previous been able to, like say for vMA or PvP? Lots of ppl are suggesting run heavy armor but then what is the point of having anything but heavy armor in the game? Zos is basically then deleting light armor? I'm very curious to see what these upcoming notes will look like....
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 28, 2018 3:18AM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    40% of max health is enough for surviving in VMA. It won't be as mindnumbingly easy as it used to be, but it'll still be easier than on stam IMO.

As for PvP, I'll hold judgement until I see how it is exactly with Battlespirit, Bastion, etc.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are other shields besides Conjured Ward and Annulment.

But, if your chips are all in on the “sky is falling” bandwagon, you’re certainly welcome to have that opinion.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 28, 2018 2:31AM
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wear impreg? Or wizards? Or pariah? Or brass?

TLDR: l2p
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭

You're already in light armor so your resistances are low. Now your shield is nerfed because zos doesn't know how to do anything but nerf *** into the ground.

How are you going to survive all this damage you have previous been able to, like say for vMA or PvP? Lots of ppl are suggesting run heavy armor but then what is the point of having anything but heavy armor in the game? Zos is basically then deleting light armor? I'm very curious to see what these upcoming notes will look like....

For pvp the only class that needs a dmg shield running ligh armor are sorcs any other class is actually way way better of not running shields.
    Edited by Dr.NRG on September 28, 2018 2:50AM
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know... heal? Become tanky? How do you think all of us mDKs have done it for years?
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    You know... heal? Become tanky? How do you think all of us mDKs have done it for years?

Exactly what I am saying! I run all mag classes and sorc is really the only one I used shields on. Also fyi all my builds are very high dmg, they can take still survive more than fine, compte against any other players (really comes down to skill at that point) and are also able if not even better in 1vx than builds that do run shields.
    Edited by Dr.NRG on September 28, 2018 3:15AM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    they arnt
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

execpt magdk has 2 decent heals, one has a class spammable and passives that increase resist... as where sorc has non of those
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »

pariah is heavy OP said light

impreg isnt doing anything other than crit resist and light is abysmally low resist even in the best set up with signifficantly less phys resist than stam

also where are wer doing to run a dmg set with that given that you need shacke on light to have stam to cc break
    ^^
    brass and wizards
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VMA is too easy even no shield .

But VHOF , VAS ...
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not even an option for PVE considering these damage numbers from vet blackrose from Code.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/466268124421947417/493175899966013450/Screenshot_20180922_165038.png
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

execpt magdk has 2 decent heals, one has a class spammable and passives that increase resist... as where sorc has non of those

Read the first sentence of this post lol!!! Your in the wrong place buddy, lucky for you there are durrently 100 plus mag sorc posts tho. Good luck;)
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can use traits to increase resist. Sorc heals are locked behind pets but that doesn't mean you cant use them. And you still have access to resto staff which is all healing...
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can use traits to increase resist. Sorc heals are locked behind pets but that doesn't mean you cant use them. And you still have access to resto staff which is all healing...

All of those are going to have the inverse effect that ZOS wants which will likely end with noose-tightening.

They cannot solve the problem with the tools currently provided. The center cannot hold.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    VMA is too easy even no shield .

But VHOF , VAS ...

i was my group's stamplar for vhof and vas, it went fine, no more deaths than any of the shielding mag toons
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pariah is heavy OP said light

impreg isnt doing anything other than crit resist and light is abysmally low resist even in the best set up with signifficantly less phys resist than stam

also where are wer doing to run a dmg set with that given that you need shacke on light to have stam to cc break
    ^^
    brass and wizards

Fyi you can you run pariah jewels and weapons
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try playing stamina
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1.) Wear 5l/1m/1h for extra resistances. (Conversely it also gives you more health, magicka, and stamina from Undaunted)
    2.) Prismatic armor glyphs are your friend. (Put them on your head, chest, and legs. You'll want more health now that shields are capped to your health.)
    3.) Wear one or two protective trait rings. (This makes a huge difference. Especially now that damage goes through your resistances first... then hits your shield.)
    4.) Invest CP toward spell and physical resistances. (Hell, you'll get a free shield out of it, too.)

"But Savos… I can't pew pew has hard as I used to if I invest into resistance or health!!!" :'(

Well, killer- you can't pew pew if you're dead, either. ;)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my magplar with channeled focus I have 25k resist and have been running sun shield on PTS in VMA and it’s not much different. Agree the main test will be live trials but I’m genuinely not that worried about the changes now the cast time has been removed.
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    Magsorcs will still be able to run Dolmens, craft, or do delves and public dungeons.

If you want to run trials or DLC dungeons or hard mode vet dungeons or Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds, just roll one of the classes ZoS has designed for that level of content. You know, a class with competitive DPS/heals, party utility, and/or survivability. If ZoS expected magsorcs to be in harder content, they wouldn't have been nerfing them for the last year and a half.

There are plenty of good classes that outperform magsorcs by a mile, every one of them in fact. Just make a new toon, eventually whiners will struggle to kill that class in pvp, and that class will be nerfed into the ground and you'll have to do it all over again. Just accept it as part of the ongoing cycle of nerfs.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you ready to hear it ????

GIT

GUD
  • wuka91
    wuka91
    ✭✭

all i learned from that post is that you're an idiot who doesn't even play a mag sorc
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Run the same build I do now. If they'd revert Healing Ward nerf anyway.

Sorcs only class that have to adjust IMO.
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 28, 2018 2:12PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »

Exactly what I am saying! I run all mag classes and sorc is really the only one I used shields on. Also fyi all my builds are very high dmg, they can take still survive more than fine, compte against any other players (really comes down to skill at that point) and are also able if not even better in 1vx than builds that do run shields.

But:

Magdk: Their Spammable heals and any ult they use restores health
    MagNB: Their Spammable heals
    Magplar: Their Spammable heals and they have an entire skillline dedicated to healing.

I think people just keep leaving out the fact that almost every other class has a spammable that also heals them. Or they have some form of reactive healing that is instant.

Wardens at least have an entire healing tree and a powerful ult that can heal them very consistently. But Wardens will still be in trouble this patch.

Sorcs, nothing. Their damage healing ability really needs a shield to work under to be effective and it only works off of crit damage. Their active heal takes a second to work and is extremely clunky. Or they waste 2 bar slots to run a pet that dies just for a heal.

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try hiding in a zerg and get DKs to spam shields on you.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wuka91 wrote: »

all i learned from that post is that you're an idiot who doesn't even play a mag sorc

Sorc is my 3rd most played character behind my stamplar and magplar. What I learned from your response is you’re another crybaby Sorc who probably had a 55k Magicka build and thought that was balance. It wasn’t. Light armor magplars literally have no choice but to run 1 defensive set to survive.

What ZOS has done has leveled the playing field so magsorc does as well. I’m genuinely excited to play mag Sorc next patch because so many people will stop playing it that the class will actually feel rewarding, already planning on shackle/engine/impreg as my setup. A new meta is going to come in of Sorc and magblade wearing a defensive set in order to be viable 1vx(as is with most LA classes currently), and only the good players are going to adapt to that meta.

Seeing a lot of people complain about heals as well, and ZOS has accounted for that by letting Sorc be the only class that can stack multiple shields. Whereas a magplar has to be tanky, block, and has BoL to go with it, mag Sorc will have to be tanky, and will have 3 shields to go with it. Pretty even.

TLDR again; good players will adapt to the new meta. Bad players will cry and say the people adapting must be bad (in which case I’ll gladly 1v1 anyone on PS4 NA).
    Edited by templesus on September 28, 2018 2:47PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Impenetrable brass fortress.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not even an option for PVE considering these damage numbers from vet blackrose from Code.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/466268124421947417/493175899966013450/Screenshot_20180922_165038.png

You won't take any of that damage, given the tank is doing is his job.
    Alcast finished the new vet Arena on his mag sorc without shield without food/drink on PTS.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Dr.NRG wrote: »

But:

Magdk: Their Spammable heals and any ult they use restores health
    MagNB: Their Spammable heals
    Magplar: Their Spammable heals and they have an entire skillline dedicated to healing.

I think people just keep leaving out the fact that almost every other class has a spammable that also heals them. Or they have some form of reactive healing that is instant.

Wardens at least have an entire healing tree and a powerful ult that can heal them very consistently. But Wardens will still be in trouble this patch.

Sorcs, nothing. Their damage healing ability really needs a shield to work under to be effective and it only works off of crit damage. Their active heal takes a second to work and is extremely clunky. Or they waste 2 bar slots to run a pet that dies just for a heal.

Again, this post is clearly for all classes but sorcs lol.