The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Shield Discrepancy

JPcrazysquirrel3
JPcrazysquirrel3
✭✭✭✭
In order for more consistency among the classes, please consider adding a cast time to Obsidian Shield, Crystal Shield, Blur, and Sun Shield. This would make the other abilities related to Conjured Ward fall more in line with the intended use of such skills. Also, add a short delay to the shield bubble activated from the Psijic skill line passive. /s
"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
"It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
"If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
"Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
"If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
Mayrael wrote: »
Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
I am in a Kevduit video
PS4 (main platform)
--- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
--- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Except we have heard that trash before, they made the change cause those shields scale with your offensive stats, giving defense at no expense of your offense. Obsidian Shield, Sun Shield and Bone Shield for example all scale with your Max HP, making it so that if you want to buff your defense you would have to make your offense suffer for it. Not saying I agree with the changes but this suggestion is not helpful nor inline with the explanation for the changes that were made.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    In order for more consistency among the classes, please consider adding a cast time to Obsidian Shield, Crystal Shield, Blur, and Sun Shield. This would make the other abilities related to Conjured Ward fall more in line with the intended use of such skills. Also, add a short delay to the shield bubble activated from the Psijic skill line passive. /s

They should use some reverse psychology on mag sorcs! Since people who play this like to spam shields so much Zos should remove the cast time and rather make it so that as long as you are in combat if your shield falls off you die! So you better keep mashing that button lmao
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blur is not a Shield, smh.

You are the one claiming that Dark Cloak is a shield few days ago, right?
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Blur isn't a shield. It's not comparable. You would need to put a cast time on Blade Cloak then also and then somebody would bring up something else like item set bonuses and on and on and on....

2) Another :'( "I'm a victim! if you nerf my overpowered tool then I want you to nerf anything else that anybody else likes even if it isn't overpowered because I don't care to check!" :'( thread?

This is tiring to read a thousand times.

Edit:
    Seriously, an entire thread for "/s" sarcasm?!
    Ugh, this is worthless.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 26, 2018 2:42AM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1) Blur isn't a shield. It's not comparable. You would need to put a cast time on Blade Cloak then also and then somebody would bring up something else like item set bonuses and on and on and on....

2) Another :'( "I'm a victim! if you nerf my overpowered tool then I want you to nerf anything else that anybody else likes even if it isn't overpowered because I don't care to check!" :'( thread?

This is tiring to read a thousand times.

Edit:
    Ugh, this is worthless.

@Mystrius_Archaion

.................... ugh, I just noticed the /s as well now that you mentioned it. FFS...... F you OP.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit:
    Ugh, this is worthless.

Thanks for the warning! I was about to waste some precious minutes of my valuable time. :)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except we have heard that trash before, they made the change cause those shields scale with your offensive stats, giving defense at no expense of your offense. Obsidian Shield, Sun Shield and Bone Shield for example all scale with your Max HP, making it so that if you want to buff your defense you would have to make your offense suffer for it. Not saying I agree with the changes but this suggestion is not helpful nor inline with the explanation for the changes that were made.

So defensive mechanics that can be used proactively should get a casttime?
    Aka all hots?

How should we treat mechnanics that don´t scale at all (wings, shimmering, cloak) - and are so powerful they don´t need to?

Edit: *** on the /s 8(
    Edited by Derra on September 26, 2018 11:44AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    IIT /s is the only winner.
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The changes will make tanking shields and steadfast ward (indirectly scaling off health) 30-70% more effective on already tanky builds. The forums will wail inconsolably about these "unkillable" builds that can stack high mitigation, high damage, and shields.

They've nerfed them in the past for the same reason.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've closed this thread because it was nonconstructive and did not generate a constructive conversation.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.