Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Unlock a Stunning Villa, Mount & Pet during the Summerfall Event"

• mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS's generosity astounds me. This event is freaking awesome, and I can't wait to decorate! :grin:
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • Kurea
    Kurea
    Soul Shriven
    I rarely post on the forum but this time i just had to. This event looks absolutely awesome and I love seeing how people are already working together from across servers to achieve that goal. So, a big thank you to ZOS and the rest of the community!
    Here's hoping we get that house :smiley:
  • Bubbastic
    Bubbastic
    ✭✭✭
    Unlocked success on both PC EU and NA. I won't buy the summerset DLC on Xbox because there's no mods on console.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    If we can reach the 100% (sincerely hope for it), and I know the house is not shareable between megaservers, how would I have it on my main server (EU) ?
    。◕‿◕。
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Progress is still at 20% two days after the event was announced--is that because there hasn't been any actual progress during these two days (which would be a bit odd since I've read about a lot of people getting the achievement specifically due to this announcement), or because the page is not updated daily, as it has been stated?
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Progress is still at 20% two days after the event was announced--is that because there hasn't been any actual progress during these two days (which would be a bit odd since I've read about a lot of people getting the achievement specifically due to this announcement), or because the page is not updated daily, as it has been stated?

The Event officially starts today, so today at around 11 ET it will be updated for the first Time
    I did it last Night on the EU Server, have it on the NA Server :)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The updates don't start until Thursday morning, and then it happens at 1500 UTC (11 AM EDT).
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

The updates don't start until Thursday morning, and then it happens at 1500 UTC (11 AM EDT).

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be keeping an eye!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As so many travellers have already been trying to get the achievement done this first change in the statistics should give us a good idea if the figure required for the house is actually reachable or not.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurea wrote: »
    I rarely post on the forum but this time i just had to. This event looks absolutely awesome and I love seeing how people are already working together from across servers to achieve that goal. So, a big thank you to ZOS and the rest of the community!
    Here's hoping we get that house :smiley:
    Agreed. I've been seeing groups of people working together and people on the Twitter community actively making groups to help people unlock them on opposite region servers. :smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I'd have hoped that the event was based on achievement points for all the Summerset achievements. Anyone who has already explored the island is essentially twiddling their thumbs rather than engaging.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    TBH I'd have hoped that the event was based on achievement points for all the Summerset achievements. Anyone who has already explored the island is essentially twiddling their thumbs rather than engaging.

It's ok, we will still get free things. Plus, you can always go to the other megaserver to up the odds of reaching the goal.

(but also, running around to 7 or 8 spots on the map is hardly engaging in the first place - I think this is kind of a trail run for ZOS to figure out community engagement events, and I'm sure we'll see some more compelling ones in the future)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I like this. Great idea.

I think this is the first comment where someone actually said they liked this event. I was pretty excited when I read about it, only to come to the forums and see a bunch of questions (understandable) and a bunch of naysayers. This is a great event, but instead of excitement, many initial posts were so negative (the ones that weren't questions - again it's understandable to want clarification).

I agree with others that this event is intended to be a fun, community event, and also designed to generate sales. I really think that it's their intention for us to achieve this. And, as someone else pointed out, the time to achieve the goal ends BEFORE the qualification period to get the free items. So, it seems that the intention is for the community to achieve the goal and then generate more sales at the end, 'cuz people who haven't yet bought it, may well do so with the sale price plus some additional collectibles, including a notable home.

Before you get down on the
    Thannazzar wrote: »

Well, if you already have the achievement, you can:.

1. Make a character on the other megaserver and get the achievement again! If you already had it on both EU and NA, rock on, you overachiever.

2. Offer to port people to Artaeum. I really appreciated the EU player who helped me get to Artaeum. Doing the Queen's Decree quest is not necessary to enter Artaeum, so why not give someone a lift who's probably already done that quest on their home server?
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm sure I saw it asked previously but can't find it (been a long day)...

How will the rewards be distributed across the megaservers?

If we make the goal, will the collectibles be rewarded to your account on each megaserver that we participated on?

If not, will there be a way to ensure that they will be awarded onto the main megaserver that we play on?

Again sorry if this has been asked before :)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wraith66 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm sure I saw it asked previously but can't find it (been a long day)...

If we make the goal, will the collectibles be rewarded to your account on each megaserver that we participated on?

If not, will there be a way to ensure that they will be awarded onto the main megaserver that we play on?

This one can only imagine that if you do the achievement on more than one server then you get the rewards on each of those servers - as would be the case for a traveller doing the achievement on only either one of those servers.

This one could be wrong of course - it's theoretically possible and it might happen one day. Self doubt is not really a Khajiit thing though no ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wraith66 wrote: »

This one can only imagine that if you do the achievement on more than one server then you get the rewards on each of those servers - as would be the case for a traveller doing the achievement on only either one of those servers.

This one could be wrong of course - it's theoretically possible and it might happen one day. Self doubt is not really a Khajiit thing though no ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You could never be 'wrong', just varying levels of 'right' ;)
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only up to 35% since Monday? At least we’re guaranteed the pony.
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only up to 35% since Tuesday? At least we’re guaranteed the pony.

Edit: I was really hoping we’d see it at least double since the announcement.
    Edited by lygerseye on September 20, 2018 3:06PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »
    Only up to 35% since Tuesday? At least we’re guaranteed the pony.

Edit: I was really hoping we’d see it at least double since the announcement.
    Awesome! :smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35%.

Hmm this does make the prospect of opening a grand shopping mall a rather distant one right now it seems.

Never mind. Carry on. Try the best. Then go for a big drink afterwards.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad for 1st day of event, working on my 4th account PS4 EU. lol
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35% you say? I already had it done on NA on one account. I've done the event 3 more times between NA and EU on two accounts. Oh well...
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35% you say? I already had it done on NA on one account. I've done the event 3 more times between NA and EU on two accounts. Oh well...

The regulars who play the game and who were too lazy to get that achievement earlier are just the low-hanging fruit. The most important population are the masses who log on only on occasion, who don't pay attention to these kinds of announcements. They're a far more numerous bunch and are harder to reach.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    35%.

Hmm this does make the prospect of opening a grand shopping mall a rather distant one right now it seems.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

The event just started today. In my time zone, it is now 11:20 am. Still at work for another 5 hours. I guarantee there's a slew of people in my situation.

Wait until people get home from work and see the event on the splash screen. That percentage will start jumping up.

Still have a week to go and it's already at 35%. Dont lose hope! Besides, it wouldn't really help Zos's attempts at selling more copies of future content through event style promotions if this fails... Can you imagine? "Thanks for buying Summerset to participate in the event! Sorry you didn't get the promo items, thanks for the cash though!"
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    35%.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

The event just started today. In my time zone, it is now 11:20 am. Still at work for another 5 hours. I guarantee there's a slew of people in my situation.

Wait until people get home from work and see the event on the splash screen. That percentage will start jumping up.

Still have a week to go and it's already at 35%. Dont lose hope! Besides, it wouldn't really help Zos's attempts at selling more copies of future content through event style promotions if this fails... Can you imagine? "Thanks for buying Summerset to participate in the event! Sorry you didn't get the promo items, thanks for the cash though!"

Just this one saw so very many people doing the achievement last evening and hoped that perhaps we might be at around 50% already. Still plenty of moons to go.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure how and when this is calculated but it does not seem to move much ^^ 35%
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bzz86 wrote: »
    I am not sure how and when this is calculated but it does not seem to move much ^^ 35%

They are going to update once per day, around 11am EDT.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    35%.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Just this one saw so very many people doing the achievement last evening and hoped that perhaps we might be at around 50% already. Still plenty of moons to go.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Absolutely. When I get home tonight I'm going to create an EU character to do the achievement. I'm also going to renew my PS Plus subscription and do the same thing on the PS4 to add another 3 achievements to the tally :)

Just need to escape this place they call work...
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »
    Cannot get past the age gate for the main article. Just keeps re-opening age gate page.

Inputting month and day on wrong box

Happened to me ... Sometimes it's EU day month year others it weird American with month day year

Do Americans tell time in in minutes hours seconds ?
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ravendies wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    So I'm still wondering I have already gotten the achievement on NA Server, will getting the achievement on an EU Server character count towards the goal? I'm sure I am not the only one who is wondering this. I just want to be able to help more if possible.

Yes, it's once per account per platform & megaserver. So you could technically do it up to 6 times (3 platforms of 2 megaservers each).

I guess I'm going to run that level 3 through Summerset on the EU server then.

Sigh.

Well if it makes you feel better I'll be doing the same but on NA
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but perhaps ZoS could send out an email telling players about this event? That way anyone who isn't active in ESO atm will get a head's up about the event!