Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you intresred in using Grave-Stake Collector next patch?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Some healers have expressed intrested in this on healer discord and wondering what other people think now.

Grave-Stake Collector
2: Max Magicka
3: Max Stamina
4: Max Health
5: Enemies you’ve damaged have a 10% chance to drop a grave-stake for 6 seconds after they’ve died. Touching the grave-stake restores 6500 Stamina and Magicka. Only one grave-stake can appear at a time.
Failed to load the poll.
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    As long as the stake appears over the corpse. Essence Thief was DOA because of this problem.

I could see it as a source of conflict, though; who gets the stake? The tank? The dps? Is there a cooldown, or can all the stakes from a pack be used at once? Can a trigger happy DPS spam synergies and eat a whole pile, even though they're at max resources?

Do they take priority over synergies in the same location, or are they used as an activator - in which case, do we have to sheath weapons to use them?
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

For stamina it is clearly bad because vicious ophidian exists.
    For magicka you're better off with lich if you need sustain. Only 1 of the 3 minor bonuses are good, with health as "ok for some builds"

Basically it's a sustain set which has RNG and a dependancy on adds and movement for the benefit.

It's terrible for the same reason essence thief is bad. Often the location you need to move to is prohibitive.

There is no reason to ever run this set on in any role on any class.
  • Sy1ph5
    Sy1ph5
    ✭✭✭✭
    BiS for that trash pull at the start of SO if there weren't better sets to wear and if it gives mag/Stam back to more than one person. Otherwise it could be nice in specific fights where lots of adds die close to the boss. Would be more interesting if instead of giving that amount to one person it gave a (greatly reduced) amount to the whole group.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    No

For magicka you're better off with lich if you need sustain. Only 1 of the 3 minor bonuses are good, with health as "ok for some builds"

Basically it's a sustain set which has RNG and a dependancy on adds and movement for the benefit.

It's terrible for the same reason essence thief is bad. Often the location you need to move to is prohibitive.

What about if your healer used it?
    Edited by Tasear on September 20, 2018 3:30AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Some healers have expressed intrested in this on healer discord and wondering what other people think now.

Grave-Stake Collector
    2: Max Magicka
    3: Max Stamina
    4: Max Health
    5: Enemies you’ve damaged have a 10% chance to drop a grave-stake for 6 seconds after they’ve died. Touching the grave-stake restores 6500 Stamina and Magicka. Only one grave-stake can appear at a time.

Ill farm it because it seems super fun.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sy1ph5 wrote: »
    BiS for that trash pull at the start of SO if there weren't better sets to wear and if it gives mag/Stam back to more than one person. Otherwise it could be nice in specific fights where lots of adds die close to the boss. Would be more interesting if instead of giving that amount to one person it gave a (greatly reduced) amount to the whole group.

What if it wasn't the whole group but maybe 3 or 6 people?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds interesting as many sets in the game do. However, like many of the sets in the game it is probably junk.

Zos setup the idea of adding so many sets to the game with each DLC/Chapter that they really cannot, and do not, design many new good sets.

And as far as this, clearly would be against Zos' vision as stated leading up to Morrowind release since one of the changes was to make orbs only benefit one player vs up to 6 total getting the magicka OT buff. If it was made to benefit a few people it would just be a tease that would be nerfed in a future upcoming patch.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

First, what set are they NOT running for this? Mending? Olirime? SPC? Worm?

Secondly the % chance is too low. 1 in 10 adds drops something that 1 person can get 6k resources from. Way too low to be effective.

if it restored resources to 6 people within 8 meters or something like that then maaaaybe? But even then, the % chance of the grave stake is too low imho. You need 10 adds+ for this to come into play. I think you'd do more for group sustain running worm and a master resto.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

First, what set are they NOT running for this? Mending? Olirime? SPC? Worm?

Secondly the % chance is too low. 1 in 10 adds drops something that 1 person can get 6k resources from. Way too low to be effective.

if it restored resources to 6 people within 8 meters or something like that then maaaaybe? But even then, the % chance of the grave stake is too low imho. You need 10 adds+ for this to come into play. I think you'd do more for group sustain running worm and a master resto.

I certainly agree with the first point made and already commented why I do not think Zos would make it benefit multiple players as they want to keep regen of resources limited.

Just to many good healing sets for this one to be given solid consideration.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see potential in this. The fact that is restores resources for both is very useful. Both pvers (in vMA or something) and pvpers could benefit from this.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see potential in this. The fact that is restores resources for both is very useful. Both pvers (in vMA or something) and pvpers could benefit from this.

Better individual sustain sets exist. bone pirate and now mag pirate. lich and VO.
    All of these sets have better 2,3,4 pc bonuses and provide better self sustain.

On an individual level this set is complete garbage.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can kill ten players or ten anything you probably dont need this set.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES if they make it good for a healer to wear for group support in 4 mans. i posted a brief analysis in the itemization thread on the first page near the bottom
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume this set is meant to be an all round support set instead of a healer set, since it doesn't boost healing nor does it restore health currently. This set is meant to be a resource regen booster but I don't foresee much use for it currently.

In PVE, regen is needed mostly during boss fights in both dungeons and trials. Unless the boss summons adds the "on death" portion of the trigger condition means that this set will be useless in most single target fights, since the resource restore comes only when the fight is over. Having to walk over to the totem to pick it up means that it may be unviable in most cases, if say the totem spawns in a bad position (see Essence Thief).

I suggest changing the 5 piece bonus to this:

When you damage an enemy you have a 20% chance to drop a grave-stake on their location for 6 seconds. The grave-stake restores 1000 Health, Stamina and Magicka to all allies within 5 meters per second for 6 seconds. Only one grave-stake can appear at a time.

I think this may be a more viable healer/support set overall. From a pure healing perspective, this set does less healing than dedicated two peace healing monster sets like Nightflame, Chokethorn and Engine Guardian, and while it does have the potential to restore more stam and mag than EG and Rkugamz, I feel the 5 piece set should be more powerful than a 2 piece set anyway.

Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After some testing on 100 enemies to see how much it actually dropped, it dropped 18/100 times. Essentially 18%, which is higher than the 10% the set says. However, I feel the time it's left out is shorter than it should be. I'm saying this for range, as it would most likely drop farther away than someone who's melee. It's just too based off chance as well. Sets like Bone Pirate, Lich, and whatnot are way more reliable.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for solo play it's already less than half as strong as other trials stat sustain sets (one of which is 3 piece) as I posted about in the itemization thread at the bottom of the first page. I really think grave-stake collector can have a niche in being a support resource return set if it's tweaked. I want to wear this set, but if I'm wearing it for myself, I never would ever
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Too many ifs...

If you damage them...
    If they die..
    If a stake drops, it only does 10% of the time...
    If you make it to the grave stake within 6 seconds...
    If one stake is active, another cannot be...
    Edited by brandonv516 on September 21, 2018 12:37AM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be more useful for a healer to run if the gravestake had a synergy that anyone and everyone could use to restore mag and stam. Like, it still does what it does, but whoever's closest to it activates it for the most resource gain, and it gives a synergy that then everyone else could use. Or maybe it was an AoE resource gain that was roughly the size of blood altar or healing springs and you regain the resources by standing in it.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might test this on one of my tanks, but how the stakes spawn(where they spawn) is going to determine if it is any use.

Might also be useful for StamDD sustain, we'll see.

Only way I see it being useful for healers is if it is a synergy for the healer and the group.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they want to keep the proc condition (rendering it a set for 4 man arenas) (though i still think the proc condition is too stringent) i'd live to see this ser return a portion of the resources to all allys within 8m or so of the stake when it's collected. so one person get's the full 6.5k, and everyone near it if they were also going for it will get the 3.25k or something like that
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killed group of 4 mobs - zero totems -> Killed another group of 5 mobs - zero totems -> undressed set.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ideally it'd be 100% chance with the one stake up at a time cooldown
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or maybe just give it a synnergy so it's on cooldown per person edit: although then the resource return would not be worth the 5 piece if it remains single target. edit edit: just make it less reliant on there being tons of mobs
    Edited by TheNightflame on September 23, 2018 9:56PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    not really, just doesnt seem like a set im interested in
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pish posh, it's less than half as strong as vengeance leach solo, so if they want it too see any use they have to give it a niche in support :p
  • Zavijah
    Zavijah
    ✭✭✭
    No.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bumping so this set can be not useless when murkmire goes live :#
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I could see it being useful on my Nightblade tank. I'd get a lot of Grave Stake drops out of enemies damaged by my Refreshing Pa ... oh, wait.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vengeance of the Leech is a better sustain set, and it's only 3 pieces. Grave Stake is even worse than Essence Thief in practice.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, this set is terrible.

I'd rather run Essence Thief and chase after its buff. At least it drops more.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.