The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Unofficial: Loyalty Rewards Wishlist

• MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something unique but very elder scrolls related, maybe even some sort of vendor for 6 months
  • Shivla
    Shivla
    ✭✭✭
    Old, limited offer items that haven't been available in a while, like the Brassy Assassin personality.

DkF4I9ZW4AEAhf0.jpg
    Edited by Shivla on September 3, 2018 1:20PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Debutante_Savant The idea is to promote loyalty. You stick with the game, you get exclusive rewards. Exclusivity holds vale. Now, do I want things arbitrarily exclusive? No. I want there to be a reason. Do I think it's fair to take away exclusivity for those who've already earned it under the premise it wouldn't just be ripped away from them on a whim? Also no. New players will never have what older players do, but that's okay. First of all, this is the premise we all operate under. There are things in Warframe, for example, I can never get. Does that mean I can't play at or above OG Warframer's levels? Hell no. I still love playing Warframe. Second, just because you don't have my exclusive reward doesn't mean you can't have your own. There are a lot of ESO players with stuff I don't and probably never will have. Everyone can be unique - you don't have to take away my uniqueness just because you haven't found how you can be yet. You want a tiger mount; you don't need one. I have some friends who can't afford DLC, let alone crown store mounts. Do they complain? No, because they understand they don't need fancy skins to enjoy ESO, that the people who do get those skins are the reason they can enjoy ESO like they do (ESO would very possibly not even be around today were it not for early supporters (and frankly, bug testers) like me), and that they can still be unique by having really interesting character designs or being able to whoop my butt in a duel or something else entirely. My point is this:

https://youtu.be/PkGrkNu6mDg?t=1m
    Edited by Marginis on September 3, 2018 5:52PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The comments at the Murkmire preview made me wonder if the length of time you have been subscribed will matter at all.

It rather sounded like on the 1st of the month a reward would be claimable on a new crown store tab and anyone subscribed could get it. There was a lot going on though and maybe I misunderstood...I prefer the idea of more months subscribed = different rewards/more extravagant rewards.

Regardless of HOW the system actually will work:

xIq7iKk.png?1

would make a great reward!
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    2. No, it loses meaning when everyone has it. By definition, having the striped senche mount would not mean what it does now, if it were able to be gotten a different way. And that meaning means something to me. It doesn't matter if it doesn't to you, because your voice is not the only one that matters.

Sure, it can lose meaning to you if you are one of those people who values things because others don't have them. But if someone is going to be sacrificed to move the game forward, I'd say people like that are good candidates.

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Dojohoda on September 4, 2018 7:43PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    2. No, it loses meaning when everyone has it. By definition, having the striped senche mount would not mean what it does now, if it were able to be gotten a different way. And that meaning means something to me. It doesn't matter if it doesn't to you, because your voice is not the only one that matters.

Sure, it can lose meaning to you if you are one of those people who values things because others don't have them. But if someone is going to be sacrificed to move the game forward, I'd say people like that are good candidates.

I prefer sacrificing the people who think they're owed something for no good reason. But agree to disagree I guess.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see new mounts and pets, maybe a couple reskins that are very different from the original ones so the original loyalty reward pets/mounts are still special.

I'd really like an Ice Wraith, or something /like/ one, or a Scuttler or something /like/ one.

But leaving aside the old loyalty rewards...

-Housing furniture packs, say "Flowers of Tamriel" with 7-10 flowers not available outside of the purchase tab, or "Bright Lighting Kit" that comes with a bunch of decent lighting from the purchase tab, etc. Just a minor theme to go with every month.
    -Mounts - things we haven't seen before as mounts, like an Echalette (sp?), or an Alit, and fun things like perhaps a mount version of that psijic guar pet.
    -Pets - Wormmouth, those annoying swarmy bugs from Hew's Bane (you know the ones; you kill it and it pops out a couple little ones when it dies to come harass you), mini flesh atronochs, etc.
    -A storage item for homes, either the 30 or 60 slot kind, not available elsewhere "Loyalists Storage Crate"
    -Loyalty specific outfit styles, not available elsewise - they don't have to be suuuper special like say scalecaller or welkynar, but on par with daedric, primal, barbaric, etc.
    -NPC attire as costumes -- you know, those shirts, pants, dresses, etc that random people in towns wear? I'd love that stuff as costumes. There's this pretty simple Breton dress I'd love to get my claws on.
    -Outfit slot, make it a voucher so you can use it on whichever character you want it used on.
    -Personalities, skins, polymorphs, hairstyles, adornments, hats

@Zhaedri PC NA

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't waded through all the comments here, but I'm beginning to wonder whether the monthly reward they're going to offer is going to be anything like what many (including myself) were thinking. They mentioned monthly rewards, but I don't know that "loyalty" will be part of it. Meaning, sub for 3 months, get x pet; sub for 6 months, get y costume; sub for 9 months get z mount.

The Bethesda Days stream was still vague on this, but they indicated that there would be a special section of the CS for ESO+ members where they could go and pick up a free item every month. They could just be a bunch of free XP scrolls, for all we know. Plus, it sounds like someone could just sub for a month if they want a particular item and then unsub afterward.

I think we need more information on this, as I'm not getting the sense that it'll be a return of the old loyalty program. Of course, it's always a good idea to provide ZOS with suggestions for what we'd like to see, whatever form the "monthly rewards" takes.

ETA: And of course, I could be completely wrong in my interpretation of what's been said so far. I would love for it to be something resembling the old loyalty program. But I don't know how they'd do that if it's a monthly reward. Perhaps people would get different rewards in a month, depending on how long they've been an active ESO+ member.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 7, 2018 3:59PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see an option to select one of those uber rare crate mounts the ones that are above the apex level. Special crown store sales. Or exclusive skins or outfits. Or even just bonus outfit slots awarded
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Extra outfit slot would be great ^^^
    And exclusive pet /mounts :) and Skin
  • Roaldy
    Roaldy
    ✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Since new loyal customers are not any less loyal than old loyal customers I think they should rerun the old loyalty rewards for those of us who had not found the game back then but have been paying regularly for (x amount of time). It's not like that tiger is going to run any slower just because a few more people have it, and it's not like its blue book value will go down either, since, y'know, we can't sell them. There's no good reason not to re-release rewards for something more people are doing. Exclusivity just fosters the attitude of not wanting other people to have nice things too.

The value is in being able to say, hey, I was there from the start. Even when the game had glaring flaws I stuck with it. Loyalty now is NOT like loyalty was then, sorry to say. Take that away, you cheapen that loyalty. Tell me, would you have kept a subscription going with no DLCs, no craft bag, no stealing, no player housing, and so many other things? Did you take the effort to get the game and play from day 1 on PC even though you were going to play on console? Did you pay specific attention to any news about the game because you wanted to get in on the action right away, or did you not, because you wanted to wait until other players worked out the kinks first?

Those players who worked out the kinks for you are the ones you're saying have no more loyalty than you, who might not have even cared about the game without them working from the start to make it better for you.

This
    Hagnado
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Roaldy
    You do realise that this thread is almost a year old?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Roaldy
    Roaldy
    ✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    @Roaldy

Yep, says it right there.
    Hagnado
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    k
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ping less than 300
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even realise there were loyalty rewards. Do these drop automatically or do you need to go into the Crown Store and actively get them?
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    aw_crwn_pets_daemoncockerel_1x1.jpg

I want this chicken as a reward :lol:

That's the demonic cockerel. I got that in a free crate ages ago. It's my favourite pet, though at night, in a boss fight I do sometimes mistake the red glow for an impending attack and dodge out of the way, especially fighting dragons.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    @Roaldy

I obviously didn't lol
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    A ping less than 300
    e66scYd.jpg
    :trollface:
  • Krawchi
    Krawchi
    ✭✭✭
    Well , we got some small ugly statues instead!
  • Roaldy
    Roaldy
    ✭✭✭
    Sry for necroposting :expressionless:
    Hagnado
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but as far as I know console folks didn't even get the original rewards? Would be nice to have that Dwarwen Sphere at least since that looks like an awesome pet to have and I've been subbed since almost day one...
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but as far as I know console folks didn't even get the original rewards? Would be nice to have that Dwarwen Sphere at least since that looks like an awesome pet to have and I've been subbed since almost day one...

Console players like myself were able to get the loyalty rewards in the form of transferring their account from PC with the loyalty rewards on it to console. ZOS made it clear from the beginning that ESO would also be on consoles, and would just be starting on PC until the console versions were ready. I'm not sure if they had said from the beginning there would be some account transfer option, but it was clear that those who got ESO PC would be getting in on the action earlier, and so get things that console only folks wouldn't have access to, like loyalty rewards (and broken quests, lack of content, and the requirement that mounts be upgraded individually. I'm still kinda sour on that point).

Anywho, console folks like myself did have a way to get the original loyalty rewards. The rewards are were only unavailable to console only folks who didn't do all the prerequisites, like PC folks who didn't do the prerequisites.