Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

Unofficial: Loyalty Rewards Wishlist

  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Marginis wrote: »
    Honestly, as one of the people who has all the original loyalty rewards, it would be disappointing to see them come back. Even as reskins. I'm not sure how I feel about loyalty rewards being a thing again, especially since they already have daily login rewards, but I can say for sure it would greatly disappoint me to see even something similar to my ice wraith pet come out again, for example, because you know even a reskin would make it less special.

    I mean, if you're going to bring loyalty rewards back, at least make some new, different, interesting things for them instead of taking away value for the few that were there from the start, had faith from the beginning instead of jumping on the bandwagon later, and in my case, did the work to make sure everything transferred over to console and made that his home over PC on blind faith that it would work.

    I just wanna make clear, I'm not for or against new players getting loyalty benefits. But I am against newer players' loyalty being rewarded over veteran players. And we're not just talking veteran players, we're talking about the original veterans, the very first to play this game and hold a subscription.

    After around $6,000USD spent on this game and almost 5 years playing it, having played since before the game was released in the beta, and sticking with it, keeping a subscription active even through hard financial times until the loyalty program was discontinued (and said to never be coming back), it would feel like a real kick in the balls to see another tiger mount, let alone a cooler looking tiger mount.

    tl;dr I don't want or think that it's a good idea to bring back or have reskins of the original loyalty rewards.

    Most of you loyalty rewards have already been reskinned

    I guess it also depends on how different it is. Another senche mount? Go for it. Another tiger? Please no.

    Generally I don't like any exceptions, but I can still make some. It's just a more nuanced and personal decision. If I liked my poop throwing beta monkey for example, I probably would have been way more aggravated that a reskin was released.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    It would also be a nice gesture to bring back the old loyalty rewards. It's essentially the same, you get a free pet/mount after x time of subscription, and many of us would like a chance at some of the old loyalty rewards before the program got shelved.

    ^ This. ^

    I missed out on the tiger mount but would love him. Tightness of budget at the time meant I had to stop my sub for a few months.
    My ESO Adventurers:
    EU Server
    50+ Basil Ieya-Sil - male Altmer mag sorcerer, AD (DPS) (Vampire) (Master Crafter) Master Angler
    50+ Mogwai Plushy-Fur - female Khajiit mag templar, AD (Healer) (Vampire) Master Angler
    50+ Tumblerag Atherton - male Khajiit stam sorcerer, DC (DPS) Master Angler (Werewolf)
    50+ Golden Jolinari - female Altmer mag templar, EP (Healer) (Vampire)
    50+ Seth Trubbltabbie - male Khajiit flame-mage dragonknight, AD (DPS) (Vampire)
    50+ Horus Trubbltabbie - male Khajiit ice-mage warden, AD (Healer) (Vampire) (Seth's twin brother)
    50+ Fish Finger - gender-neutral Argonian stam warden, AD (DPS) (Vampire)
    50+ Ztuntii Mac Rkugnthumz - male Dwemer stam dragonknight, AD (DPS)
    <50 Bastet Plushy-Fur - female Khajiit mag nightblade, AD (DPS) (Mogwai's kitten) (Vampire)
    <50 Anubis the Blasphemous - male Khajiit mag necromancer, AD (DPS) (Vampire)

    NA Server
    50+ Cat With Thumbs - female Khajiit mag templar, EP (DPS/Healer)
    <50 Cat Niip - male Khajiit stam warden, EP (DPS) (Werewolf)
    <50 The Corpse Whisperer - male Altmer mag necromancer, EP (DPS/Healer)

    The definitive Crazy Cat Lady... and Cat-Herder!

    There is no good, there is no evil. There is only FLESH. Or cheese...
    Blood is thicker than water... and much tastier!
    A dream to some... a NIGHTMARE to others!
    Nil Carborundum Illegitimus

    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say NO to Clown Crates!
    Additional Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.

    PC EU & NA - Free Bites Available!
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »
    It would also be a nice gesture to bring back the old loyalty rewards. It's essentially the same, you get a free pet/mount after x time of subscription, and many of us would like a chance at some of the old loyalty rewards before the program got shelved.

    ^ This. ^

    I missed out on the tiger mount but would love him. Tightness of budget at the time meant I had to stop my sub for a few months.

    Maybe if the new system were a continuation of the old one, so new players could still get the old rewards, but every month the old players could still have something to show that they were there first. Not a perfect solution but it would cut down on people whining about how there's something they can't have.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom tagging devs so that they know this thread exists
    Zebendal- Stam Sorc, PC NA
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭
    special loyalty lootboxes, like 1 box for each month u sub, wich cointains a chance for rare loyalty mount (like a skeleton dragon mount) wich wil get no reskin for free players
    Edited by mwo1480 on August 13, 2018 10:43AM
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

    anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mwo1480 wrote: »
    special loyalty lootboxes, like 1 box for each month u sub, wich cointains a chance for rare loyalty mount (like a skeleton dragon mount) wich wil get no reskin for free players

    Mount yes, lootboxes no lol. Please.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Treethane ceremonial costume
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a dwemer homestead would be the ultimate gesture to me
    Zebendal- Stam Sorc, PC NA
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    Community Ambassador
    Khajiit would like a magic wand to turn all of the elves into the chickens yes.

    Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

    The Santie Claws College of Pocket Engineering - Tange, tange, transfige!

    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - this week our stall is in Daggerfall - for all your shopping needs yes!

    http://www.youtube.com/user/wenxue2222/videos
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A monkey and tiger that are different colors than the originals, so the originals will still stay special.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Marginis wrote: »
    Honestly, as one of the people who has all the original loyalty rewards, it would be disappointing to see them come back. Even as reskins. I'm not sure how I feel about loyalty rewards being a thing again, especially since they already have daily login rewards, but I can say for sure it would greatly disappoint me to see even something similar to my ice wraith pet come out again, for example, because you know even a reskin would make it less special.

    I mean, if you're going to bring loyalty rewards back, at least make some new, different, interesting things for them instead of taking away value for the few that were there from the start, had faith from the beginning instead of jumping on the bandwagon later, and in my case, did the work to make sure everything transferred over to console and made that his home over PC on blind faith that it would work.

    I just wanna make clear, I'm not for or against new players getting loyalty benefits. But I am against newer players' loyalty being rewarded over veteran players. And we're not just talking veteran players, we're talking about the original veterans, the very first to play this game and hold a subscription.

    After around $6,000USD spent on this game and almost 5 years playing it, having played since before the game was released in the beta, and sticking with it, keeping a subscription active even through hard financial times until the loyalty program was discontinued (and said to never be coming back), it would feel like a real kick in the balls to see another tiger mount, let alone a cooler looking tiger mount.

    tl;dr I don't want or think that it's a good idea to bring back or have reskins of the original loyalty rewards.

    As one of the people who worked on the original mainframe computers, I resent the idea of you newcomers being able to have portability and graphics and stuff. Get off my lawn!

    More accurately what I'm saying is that I don't think the newcomers should be able to work on the original mainframe computers. The metaphor would more accurately be saying that "Hey, you young'uns have these amazing graphics and portability - your phone is already more sleek and more powerful and more connected than my room-sized computer from back in the day - why would you want to have the same computer as me, other than to take away the one special thing that I have?"

    Just about everything in this game can be gotten with either enough time investment or enough money investment. Why do you want to take away the only thing that is special to someone who doesn't have the time and money to invest to keep up? I still love the game, arguably more than most, considering the loyalty I've shown and have continued to show, so why should I have stuff taken away for no discernible benefit outside of people who enjoy taking things away from me?

    There are other, FAR better ways to solve the problems of "not having a thing even though I want the thing" than taking away that one special thing someone has. I've heard some on these forums and I've come up with some of my own. If you really want I'll even make a list for you. But please, please don't compare me to someone who's just biased against players because they're new.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Marginis wrote: »
    ghastley wrote: »
    Marginis wrote: »
    Honestly, as one of the people who has all the original loyalty rewards, it would be disappointing to see them come back. Even as reskins. I'm not sure how I feel about loyalty rewards being a thing again, especially since they already have daily login rewards, but I can say for sure it would greatly disappoint me to see even something similar to my ice wraith pet come out again, for example, because you know even a reskin would make it less special.

    I mean, if you're going to bring loyalty rewards back, at least make some new, different, interesting things for them instead of taking away value for the few that were there from the start, had faith from the beginning instead of jumping on the bandwagon later, and in my case, did the work to make sure everything transferred over to console and made that his home over PC on blind faith that it would work.

    I just wanna make clear, I'm not for or against new players getting loyalty benefits. But I am against newer players' loyalty being rewarded over veteran players. And we're not just talking veteran players, we're talking about the original veterans, the very first to play this game and hold a subscription.

    After around $6,000USD spent on this game and almost 5 years playing it, having played since before the game was released in the beta, and sticking with it, keeping a subscription active even through hard financial times until the loyalty program was discontinued (and said to never be coming back), it would feel like a real kick in the balls to see another tiger mount, let alone a cooler looking tiger mount.

    tl;dr I don't want or think that it's a good idea to bring back or have reskins of the original loyalty rewards.

    As one of the people who worked on the original mainframe computers, I resent the idea of you newcomers being able to have portability and graphics and stuff. Get off my lawn!

    More accurately what I'm saying is that I don't think the newcomers should be able to work on the original mainframe computers. The metaphor would more accurately be saying that "Hey, you young'uns have these amazing graphics and portability - your phone is already more sleek and more powerful and more connected than my room-sized computer from back in the day - why would you want to have the same computer as me, other than to take away the one special thing that I have?"

    Just about everything in this game can be gotten with either enough time investment or enough money investment. Why do you want to take away the only thing that is special to someone who doesn't have the time and money to invest to keep up? I still love the game, arguably more than most, considering the loyalty I've shown and have continued to show, so why should I have stuff taken away for no discernible benefit outside of people who enjoy taking things away from me?

    There are other, FAR better ways to solve the problems of "not having a thing even though I want the thing" than taking away that one special thing someone has. I've heard some on these forums and I've come up with some of my own. If you really want I'll even make a list for you. But please, please don't compare me to someone who's just biased against players because they're new.

    Kinda hard to do that, when you come off to a lot of folks as being biased against new players just because they're new. It's just like the limited-timers being upset that their purchases came back in crates, or the crate-haters being biased against people who spend thousands to get the rare rewards, just because they're too broke/proud to spend the money themselves.

    You have your reward, and whatever it means to you, it'll keep meaning it regardless of whoever else also has it. You'll still know what it represents; you'll still know what you did to obtain it. Why does it matter if some other player you've never encountered before shows up with an outdated, yellowish tiger to ride on or a similarly unattractive bone-monster floating around in the air behind them? What good does it possibly do you to know that they paid for a subscription years ago instead of a few months ago?

    Try and be a little less selfish; it's not like the newer players have to pull their rewards out of your personal collections tab.

    Just to address a few of the things you brought up:

    1. If someone judges me based on what other people say, that's not my fault. That's like saying the racist is the one who's being judged by their skin color. So no, I'm not saying the same stuff as those people annoyed that old crown store stuff is coming back in crates. Old items are not the same as loyalty items.

    2. No, it loses meaning when everyone has it. By definition, having the striped senche mount would not mean what it does now, if it were able to be gotten a different way. And that meaning means something to me. It doesn't matter if it doesn't to you, because your voice is not the only one that matters.

    3. Before you call me selfish, take a look at what you're asking. Isn't that not only selfish, but more selfish? I have a standard I'm going by - I want to keep the status quo, what we have now, and reap the rewards of what I worked for. You want to change things, want to hurt other players, and feel entitled to something you did not put in the effort for. That to me is a lot more selfish.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming there milestones, makes sense to have them. I would like at the year milestone to be able to purchase from CS any one house they have offered to date. Not asking for a discount just the ability to buy one house that has been offered up to that date of using the milestone reward.

    at six months they could do the same for mounts.

    This would allow for players that came into the game after they have been offered to have a path to acquire them.

    An added benefit I would like to see to all ESO+ is that costumes owned also have the parts broken down in the outfit system as clothes skins. The holiday in Balmora Costume would have a chest, pants and shoes counterpart in the clothes outfit section. This would add value to ESO+ without having PTW thrown around. strictly cosmetic.
    Have you Voted on Update 23?
    I Voted with my $, canceled ESO+

    PC-NA
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Assuming there milestones, makes sense to have them. I would like at the year milestone to be able to purchase from CS any one house they have offered to date. Not asking for a discount just the ability to buy one house that has been offered up to that date of using the milestone reward.

    at six months they could do the same for mounts.

    This would allow for players that came into the game after they have been offered to have a path to acquire them.

    An added benefit I would like to see to all ESO+ is that costumes owned also have the parts broken down in the outfit system as clothes skins. The holiday in Balmora Costume would have a chest, pants and shoes counterpart in the clothes outfit section. This would add value to ESO+ without having PTW thrown around. strictly cosmetic.

    A costume parts system would make costumes more attractive
    Zebendal- Stam Sorc, PC NA
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial furnishing plans
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. dont readd the original Loyalty rewards
    2. Add new ones. like a costue, or eemote, or memento, or pet, mount. Crate... etc. BUT DDONTREWADD THE ORIGONAL ONE. the tiger, the ice pet and the dwemer sphere belongs to the old players.
    CP1300+
    Mastercrafter. All motif, all trait.
    Weer LVL50 DK Argonian AD
    Honest-Healer LVL50 Templar Argonian AD
    Pain-Bringer LVL50 Necro Argonian DC
    Eilinwen LVL50 NB Altmer AD
    Vadryyn LVL50 Sorc Dunmer AD
    Anianwe LVL50 DK Altmer AD
    Ja'arra LVL50 NB Khajiit AD
    Vasrjo LVL50 DK Khajiit AD
    Tannwen LVL50 Templar Altmer AD
    Celeb'hel LVL50 Necro Altmer AD
    Faranwe LVL50 Warden Altmer AD
    Perma-Frost LVL50 Warden Argonian EP
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    1. dont readd the original Loyalty rewards
    2. Add new ones. like a costue, or eemote, or memento, or pet, mount. Crate... etc. BUT DDONTREWADD THE ORIGONAL ONE. the tiger, the ice pet and the dwemer sphere belongs to the old players.

    they can have the old ones, but I want a reskinned dwemer sphere
    Zebendal- Stam Sorc, PC NA
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a thought.

    A way to re-issue the same or alternate colored versions of the original Loyalty Rewards while still keeping the value of what the originals represent:

    ADD PARTICLE EFFECTS TO THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS.

    The Vocal Minority that don't want to let others get the Loyalty Rewards don't seem to covet them because of what they ARE, but rather what they stand for. The majority of the player base don't even recognize them for what they are. Heck, I get attacked as a Werewolf by Level 10 and under players on a daily basis because they think I'm a random enemy.

    The veterans aren't up-in-arms because it's a Dwarven Sphere, they're arguing because they were part of a comparatively few collection of players to meet the criteria. And that's perfectly fair.

    On the flip side, there are people who want the Rewards to be re-released in some capacity because of the actual item. I'm personally a huge dwarven item fan, and I'm sure that there are people who specifically want the Ice Wraith or Tiger because of what they physically are as well.

    So how about this? Add a particle effect, like constant golden shimmering light or sparkles, to the "High Hrothgar Ice Wraith Pet," "Loyal Dwarven Sphere Pet," and "Striped Senche Mount" (and maybe the "Mask of Cheerful Slaughter" costume too, although I've NEVER seen a player wearing it). Then release versions or even recolors that completely lack the effect.

    It would be impossible to mistake one for the other that way, and the originals will still have something that represents what they truly stand for.

    Edited by B0SSzombie on August 17, 2018 9:55PM
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Here's a thought.

    A way to re-issue the same or alternate colored versions of the original Loyalty Rewards while still keeping the value of what the originals represent:

    ADD PARTICLE EFFECTS TO THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS.

    The Vocal Minority that don't want to let others get the Loyalty Rewards don't seem to covet them because of what they ARE, but rather what they stand for. The majority of the player base don't even recognize them for what they are. Heck, I get attacked as a Werewolf by Level 10 and under players on a daily basis because they think I'm a random enemy.

    The veterans aren't up-in-arms because it's a Dwarven Sphere, they're arguing because they were part of a comparatively few collection of players to meet the criteria. And that's perfectly fair.

    On the flip side, there are people who want the Rewards to be re-released in some capacity because of the actual item. I'm personally a huge dwarven item fan, and I'm sure that there are people who specifically want the Ice Wraith or Tiger because of what they physically are as well.

    So how about this? Add a particle effect, like constant golden shimmering light or sparkles, to the "High Hrothgar Ice Wraith Pet," "Loyal Dwarven Sphere Pet," and "Striped Senche Mount" (and maybe the "Mask of Cheerful Slaughter" costume too, although I've NEVER seen a player wearing it). Then release versions or even recolors that completely lack the effect.

    It would be impossible to mistake one for the other that way, and the originals will still have something that represents what they truly stand for.

    Sure. why not. Next step. Make them Strange. and count your kills. Or make them unusuals. so you can resell them for Keys.
    CP1300+
    Mastercrafter. All motif, all trait.
    Weer LVL50 DK Argonian AD
    Honest-Healer LVL50 Templar Argonian AD
    Pain-Bringer LVL50 Necro Argonian DC
    Eilinwen LVL50 NB Altmer AD
    Vadryyn LVL50 Sorc Dunmer AD
    Anianwe LVL50 DK Altmer AD
    Ja'arra LVL50 NB Khajiit AD
    Vasrjo LVL50 DK Khajiit AD
    Tannwen LVL50 Templar Altmer AD
    Celeb'hel LVL50 Necro Altmer AD
    Faranwe LVL50 Warden Altmer AD
    Perma-Frost LVL50 Warden Argonian EP
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Here's a thought.

    A way to re-issue the same or alternate colored versions of the original Loyalty Rewards while still keeping the value of what the originals represent:

    ADD PARTICLE EFFECTS TO THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS.

    The Vocal Minority that don't want to let others get the Loyalty Rewards don't seem to covet them because of what they ARE, but rather what they stand for. The majority of the player base don't even recognize them for what they are. Heck, I get attacked as a Werewolf by Level 10 and under players on a daily basis because they think I'm a random enemy.

    The veterans aren't up-in-arms because it's a Dwarven Sphere, they're arguing because they were part of a comparatively few collection of players to meet the criteria. And that's perfectly fair.

    On the flip side, there are people who want the Rewards to be re-released in some capacity because of the actual item. I'm personally a huge dwarven item fan, and I'm sure that there are people who specifically want the Ice Wraith or Tiger because of what they physically are as well.

    So how about this? Add a particle effect, like constant golden shimmering light or sparkles, to the "High Hrothgar Ice Wraith Pet," "Loyal Dwarven Sphere Pet," and "Striped Senche Mount" (and maybe the "Mask of Cheerful Slaughter" costume too, although I've NEVER seen a player wearing it). Then release versions or even recolors that completely lack the effect.

    It would be impossible to mistake one for the other that way, and the originals will still have something that represents what they truly stand for.

    Sure. why not. Next step. Make them Strange. and count your kills. Or make them unusuals. so you can resell them for Keys.

    That's cute. Yeah, I played Team Fortress 2 as well.

    But try to connect my point to the particle effects in THIS game.

    You know? Like the Apex and Radiant Apex Mounts from Crown Crates? Or the White-Gold Horse/Pony? Or the Shivering Cheese or Resplendent Sweetroll? There's a solid number of examples already in this game.

    Even something like the "Magma Scamp" technically has particle effects.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on August 18, 2018 12:24AM
  • ashkir
    ashkir
    I would like to see discounts.
    • ESOPlus consistent for 1+ year, give us another $1 off!
    • ESOPlus active, give us a 10% flat off Crownstore (just for ourselves, not for gifts)
    • 50% off Mundus Stones please :D
    • Let us buy the CE DLCs items without buying the base pack! I'm an ESOPlus subscriber, so the CE's being full price really, really sucks to us! Let us pay the difference to get the CE! So if the regular pack is 1000, CE is 2000. Let me pay the 1000 Crowns for the CE items :D
    Edited by ashkir on August 19, 2018 2:22AM
  • debbie.noisetteb16_ESO
    I'd like the opportunity to buy the old costumes that haven't been back since 2016 and 2017, in any way.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Portable Provisioning Station. Campfire Kit!

    Ability to combine 7 Grand Repair Kits into 1 Repair All Kit (just makes repairing during dungeons less time consuming)

    "When the enemies begged for the mercy they lacked,
    Three voices as one shouted "Blood for the Pact"

    -excerpt from "Three Hearts as One" by Malukah
  • Debutante_Savant
    Debutante_Savant
    Soul Shriven
    Marginis wrote: »
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »
    It would also be a nice gesture to bring back the old loyalty rewards. It's essentially the same, you get a free pet/mount after x time of subscription, and many of us would like a chance at some of the old loyalty rewards before the program got shelved.

    ^ This. ^

    I missed out on the tiger mount but would love him. Tightness of budget at the time meant I had to stop my sub for a few months.

    Maybe if the new system were a continuation of the old one, so new players could still get the old rewards, but every month the old players could still have something to show that they were there first. Not a perfect solution but it would cut down on people whining about how there's something they can't have.

    I feel like you are extremely attached to "being first" at playing the game and I have to state how out of whack that sounds to many new players. Quite frankly, it pushes them away. If the assumption is that tenure will always have more, what incentive is there to even hop aboard? If this game stays alive for a decade or more, and a young teen starts playing that could not possibly have begun when the "true veterans" did, what logical reason is there for denying them specific rewards? Its not like they chose to not play the game - They were five years old. I get the theory that you somehow feel like you've "shaped" the game and there may be a touch of truth to that, but honestly the CP system already gives a lot of potential new players a bad taste in their mouth. The catering to vets as if they are somehow special for playing a game before things that were at one time buggy and have been improved upon is too significant in this game. Tenure doesn't work in almost any system its been applied to when you are talking about adding in new people and growing things. I am aware ZoS covets their vets like they are above the rest of the customers, but all our dollars are equivalent even if yours are an older, dingier shade of green, darlin'. I do understand wanting things to -stay- special. So I feel ya, I just also feel like maybe sometimes the "but I played before you did" thing gets a little... over stated.
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Here's a thought.

    A way to re-issue the same or alternate colored versions of the original Loyalty Rewards while still keeping the value of what the originals represent:

    ADD PARTICLE EFFECTS TO THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS.

    The Vocal Minority that don't want to let others get the Loyalty Rewards don't seem to covet them because of what they ARE, but rather what they stand for. The majority of the player base don't even recognize them for what they are. Heck, I get attacked as a Werewolf by Level 10 and under players on a daily basis because they think I'm a random enemy.

    The veterans aren't up-in-arms because it's a Dwarven Sphere, they're arguing because they were part of a comparatively few collection of players to meet the criteria. And that's perfectly fair.

    On the flip side, there are people who want the Rewards to be re-released in some capacity because of the actual item. I'm personally a huge dwarven item fan, and I'm sure that there are people who specifically want the Ice Wraith or Tiger because of what they physically are as well.

    So how about this? Add a particle effect, like constant golden shimmering light or sparkles, to the "High Hrothgar Ice Wraith Pet," "Loyal Dwarven Sphere Pet," and "Striped Senche Mount" (and maybe the "Mask of Cheerful Slaughter" costume too, although I've NEVER seen a player wearing it). Then release versions or even recolors that completely lack the effect.

    It would be impossible to mistake one for the other that way, and the originals will still have something that represents what they truly stand for.

    I think this is an extremely well thought out solution to both sides and I am seconding the heck out of it. Seems like the perfect plan. Someone get this man a beer.


    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Assuming there milestones, makes sense to have them. I would like at the year milestone to be able to purchase from CS any one house they have offered to date. Not asking for a discount just the ability to buy one house that has been offered up to that date of using the milestone reward.

    at six months they could do the same for mounts.

    This would allow for players that came into the game after they have been offered to have a path to acquire them.

    ^^^^^^ This would be fantastic! This idea is SUPERB. Just the actual access to things that you missed out on due to them being released at a time in which you did not play or may not have had enough crowns before it was gone. Waiting for things to reappear in the CS is awful, and some may never even roll back around. This provides items people really want in a productive, loyalty driven way. Knowing that the longer you play the more access you will have to things previously out of reach? Hell, yes.


  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    Frost wraith! Well, maybe smaller, but still! I have a 'falmer' hero and keep my subscription for such a long time... so, my forever dream is a frost wraith, yes.
    Or a wisp, at least...
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the tiger mount. Other than that, all the things from before could be considered.

    We should think outside the box too. On top of things like pets and mounts, what else?

    Me,
    Free character slots
    Free tokens for name/race change
    PICK A FREE HOUSE
    Discount on the expensive stuff like mundus stones etc.
    Edited by Sparr0w on September 3, 2018 9:11AM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - zR Sparrow | CP 810+
    DD: MagNB | StamNB | MagPlar
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: Crags+HM | vMoL + HM | vAS + HM | vHoF | vCR +1/2
    PC (EU) - Fei-Yu | CP 170
    DD: MagPlar | StamNB
    Tank: DK
    Completions: N/A
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aw_crwn_pets_daemoncockerel_1x1.jpg

    I want this chicken as a reward :lol:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai

    EU PC MAX CP
    vAA HM, vSO HM, vHelRa HM, vMA, vMoL, vHoF, vAS + 1, vCR + 1, DLC dungeons, professional mudballer and pie thrower
Sign In or Register to comment.