Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's wrong with PvP coomunity?

The_Tarantian
The_Tarantian
✭✭✭
Yet another thread about PvPer's toxicity yes. But seriously, what an actual *** is wrong with all those lads?

I get to kill someone - I immediately get hate whisper, telling me how bad I am and that I should leave the game.
I get killed by someone - I immediately get hate whisper, telling me how bad I am and that I should leave the game.
I am killed by two members of one faction - I instantly get tea-bagged, even though I see those guys for the first time.
I am killed by two members of other faction - I instantly get tea-bagged, even though I see those guys for the first time.

It's hard to believe those are mature persons (which I am sure some of them are), due to their childish behavior. Do they ALL have some kind of hard issues in real life?
And no, I do not take the tea bagging and hate whispers as some serious insult, but I cannot deny it being a lil' annoying when EVERYONE follow those *** patterns. Not to mention how unatractive it makes Cyrodiil for all the newcomers.

A little respect for your opponents wouldn't hurt, ya know.

Edited by The_Tarantian on August 31, 2018 5:00PM
Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
It's Irish for "you're ***".
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are all bullied in real life and couldnt handle a real life 1 on 1, just laugh and move on, complete and utter bell ends
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another thread about PvPer's toxicity yes. But seriously, what an actual *** is wrong with all those lads?

I get to kill someone - I immediately get hate whisper, telling me how bad I am and that I should leave the game.
    I get killed by someone - I immediately get hate whisper, telling me how bad I am and that I should leave the game.
    I am killed by two members of one faction - I instantly get tea-bagged, even though I see those guys for the first time.
    I am killed by two members of other faction - I instantly get tea-bagged, even though I see those guys for the first time.

It's hard to believe those are mature persons (which I am sure some of them are), due to their childish behavior. Do they ALL have some kind of hard issues in real life?
    And no, I do not take the tea bagging and hate whispers as some serious insult, but I cannot deny it being a lil' annoying when EVERYONE follow those *** patterns. Not to mention how unatractive it makes Cyrodiil for all the newcomers.

Many ESO streamers are complete noobs and some are hackers. They have no place in truely competitive games , because true pros will wreck them left and right. See how professional ESO noob streamers are : - You will get all bad words in dictionary very common in few minutes. They call themselves as PROs.

When you true pros of PVPs , they will just see it as a game . Only true pros of world standards in this game are sypher and kodi. Probably many of them there , but many left. See their streams. Focus will be only on what strategies and what they are doing.

Now a days , in ESO has only streamers with cheese class builds begging for more cheese ( ZOs blantanlty help them build more cheese ) or speed hackers. Very rarely you come across good pro player and learn something from them. You cannot make a donkey and put all makeups and look like an horse. Thats why one class will have all buffs and debuffs from half kilometers & other class will have none of them even in close range.

Unlike you are a NB or DK dont enter PVP. Casually enjoy PVE content and move on to other game for PVP.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 31, 2018 5:32PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get a hate tell, you're doing something right.

Report the really nasty TOS-breaking ones and otherwise mark one in the "I won, you lost, I laugh at your excuses" category.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take it as a compliment.

We don't get many on Xbox as it's too much effort. But I often get groups of 5 or 6 people often leaving an objective, chasing me halfway across cyrodiil and then teabagging me.

Clearly, I've killed them plenty and they get triggered when they see me. Just means I'm doing something right.
  • TheCaptainJosh
    TheCaptainJosh
    ✭✭✭
    Things like this happens in a lot of PvP games. I personally like when people go out of their way to tell me how much they hate me
    AugustusGray
    PC NA
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don´t get the feeling that we as a community share any common values. Sadly, the field is shattered into many smaller communities. What is regarded as ok by some can be utterly wrong by others. One Tamriel made pve somewhat easier but in pvp the line is drawn as strong as ever.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • The_Tarantian
    The_Tarantian
    ✭✭✭
    I don´t get the feeling that we as a community share any common values. Sadly, the field is shattered into many smaller communities. What is regarded as ok by some can be utterly wrong by others. One Tamriel made pve somewhat easier but in pvp the line is drawn as strong as ever.
    Common sense is "common" for a reason, no? But I guess you are right and ESO community perfectly represent real life, where sometimes you are literally surrounded by jerks and morons.
    Still sad to see decency, honor and common sense being something unthinkable for vast majority.

Funny thing is that I never noticed that before, even though been playing for quite some time.

Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
    It's Irish for "you're ***".
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Many ESO streamers are complete noobs and some are hackers. They have no place in truely competitive games , because true pros will wreck them left and right. See how professional ESO noob streamers are : - You will get all bad words in dictionary very common in few minutes. They call themselves as PROs.

When you true pros of PVPs , they will just see it as a game . Only true pros of world standards in this game are sypher and kodi. Probably many of them there , but many left. See their streams. Focus will be only on what strategies and what they are doing.

Now a days , in ESO has only streamers with cheese class builds begging for more cheese ( ZOs blantanlty help them build more cheese ) or speed hackers. Very rarely you come across good pro player and learn something from them. You cannot make a donkey and put all makeups and look like an horse. Thats why one class will have all buffs and debuffs from half kilometers & other class will have none of them even in close range.

Unlike you are a NB or DK dont enter PVP. Casually enjoy PVE content and move on to other game for PVP.

I feel like you have some grudge about some streamer lmao.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blame it all on poor syntax and grammar :)
    Edited by geonsocal on August 31, 2018 8:11PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what platform you are on but this doesn't happen much on pc na. Only the same select few do these things and most just ignore them.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never gotten hate male. :(

Tea-bags are just kind of funny to me. I don't consider them to be toxic or offensive. Viewing them as being anything more than a sign of respect is actually toxic, because you're allowing yourself to be offended by something as trivial and subjective as sportsmanship in a fantasy video game designed to be a war simulation. Maybe PVP is just not right for your temperament.
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭

People will do what they consider acceptable. We cannot change that fact. The only control we do have is our own behaviour. Lead by example and others will follow.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, how is t-bagging disrespectful?
    Edited by Vilestride on September 1, 2018 3:24AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All PvP games I have ever played have been like this, this is not an eso exclusive thing. You need to grow thicker skin if this sort of thing bothers you
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on September 1, 2018 4:00AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've almost never had any of this stuff mentioned. The few times I have, has been if I am running in a zerg, or that one time I ganked some sorc who was 1vXing or something and I must have shown up right as his shields went down, because he dropped like a pair of panties on prom night.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back in my Dark Souls pvp days, I called this hatemail.
    Sure, winning an invasion was grand, but the true reward was a nice, fresh and juicy piece of hatemail in my inbox. It didn't always happen, but when it did, it was glorious. Screenshot it. Keep it as a trophy.

Of course, number 1 golden rule; never, ever send hate mail. Even if responding to someone else. Do not give them the satisfaction.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • purpleshadez
    purpleshadez
    ✭✭✭
    It happens in a lot of PVP games, If I die horridly then I sometimes send a whisper that says "ouch! XD" or I sometimes ask for tips especially if it is a class I'm still learning on. Most of the time people are good enough to send a helpful reply, sometimes not. If I win, and it was a good fight I'll let them know. Sometimes people just really don't like dying and are so full of hate, to the ignore list they go! T-Bagging usually happens to me when I get zerged and the t-bagger isn't on my death recap. Or if I fail a gank. Fair play for the latter one though.
    PC - EU | Close, but no cigar!
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to chill out.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you start to feel that hate tells are becoming too much of an issue for you then you could choose to play offline when you PvP. Although you might miss out on some worthwhile conversations with enemy players. Other than that you could choose to simply ignore the excessively salty/toxic players, while tolerating the rest. Also when you die just open the map cause even if you are being tea-bagged it will be happening out of sight, out of mind.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of toxic players in here

I smile to their child behaviour and ignore them

Then i use the ToxicPlayers addon that allows me to spot them in a fight and kill them first (karma and all)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what platform you are on but this doesn't happen much on pc na. Only the same select few do these things and most just ignore them.

I was just thinking the same, this almost never happens to me, or anyone I know on PC NA. I do get a few whispers a week from opponents but it's rare that they are hateful. And I get teabagged rarely and almost always by someone I know.

There was once a foul mouthed AD who would spew into my chat pretty frequently (his name sounds little like "salty-dog"). Since his banning my chat is pretty peaceful. Sad really, there were drinking games for his hate tells, some of the biggest laughs I've had in eso.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    millennials. They are taking their frustrations out in video games because they suck in real life and life is harder than they were told as kids. They need to feel good about something and killing you strokes the ego for what they lack in real life. You kill them they fly into a nerd rage because it reminds them that they now fail at both life and game.
    Edited by LegacyDM on September 2, 2018 6:07PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    millennials. They are taking their frustrations out in video games because they suck in real life and life is harder than they were told as kids. They need to feel good about something and killing you strokes the ego for what they lack in real life. You kill them they fly into a nerd rage because it reminds them that they now fail at both life and game.

Lmfao. This is actually very accurate for a lot of gamers out there who are easily triggered. Minus the millennial part, can apply to any age imo.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when I was throwing Sloads around like a bad case of the herp-derp, I would get hate whispers all the time as if I was a Marine throwing puppies off a cliff. Seriously.

Thanks to the nerf bat, I don’t use Sloads anymore, but my kill ratio in BGs is still going strong. Haven’t gotten any hate whispers since I switched. I’m not even using rune cage anymore. Heh.

Some people are just sore losers.

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is true. The community is very fractured. A group composed of former 1vXers may think behaviors from the members of their community is okay while other community doesn't. And some think large scale is bad and some don't. Some think tbagging is all funny while some think it is not and so on and so forth. But as Leif said, PC NA does not have much of what OP stated thankfully.

I really would not take any toxic behavior seriously. It's not worth it to take those players seriously. Sure, they can be better than me at a game and what not due to them spending more time in game than me, but, they cannot be taken seriously. Game is a virtual space and being toxic there kinda speaks a lot about their personalities. Better to move on than to take their viles to the heart and let them bother/ruin my game time.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    …..might be what class your playing. Even though my kill rate on my magSorcs is almost exactly the same as my magblades, I have only ever got salty rage whispers on my magblades.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been a while since i posted lol..

however the other day in PVP we took a keep and then blue raided us and took it over i got hate mail saying

"Thanks for the easy keep"

i had to reply
    " no problems buddy i do apologize for the state of the front and outer door been broken and the outer west wall, however with a bit of TLC and a fresh coat of paint it will look like brand new"

no reply LOL
    Edited by ForsakenSin on September 2, 2018 11:29PM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For the craic.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its been a while since i posted lol..

however the other day in PVP we took a keep and then blue raided us and took it over i got hate mail saying

"Thanks for the easy keep"

i had to reply
    " no problems buddy i do apologize for the state of the front and outer door been broken and the outer west wall, however with a bit of TLC and a fresh coat of paint it will look like brand new"

no reply LOL

That doesn't sound toxic, just cheeky. Your reply was perfect.

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You expect too much from kids, teens and young adults who play 24/7 and have no life. Precisely because they have no life, their in-game behavior demonstrates this appropriately.

Just make fun of them like I do, they'll love you for it. Eventually they'll stop sending you hate-tells when they realize they're not getting anywhere and move onto someone else who takes their baits.

In reality, they're just begging for attention because they're not getting it elsewhere, that's all.

The way that ZOS should have fixed this is by utilizing social bans (which they did long ago when the game was sub based) and these would progressively become longer and longer, eventually resulting in temp & perma bans for worst offendes. But ZOS is way too soft on a lot of players.

Although I have to say that mods here on the forums are pretty efficient with shutting trolls down, so kudos to that at least.

I would be happy if they even expanded the ignore list, as a regular PVPer of many years on PC EU (which I am convinced is the worst platform of all), I can tell you that mine is full for a long time now.

It all started going downhill when the game went B2P, nowadays anyone can pick it up for $10-$15 off of the official website.

Imagine if it goes F2P and all the 12 year olds migrate...