Maintenance for the week of June 17:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issues related to logging in to the European PlayStation®4 megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

What's wrong with PvP coomunity?

The_Tarantian
The_Tarantian
✭✭✭
Yet another thread about PvPer's toxicity yes. But seriously, what an actual *** is wrong with all those lads?

I get to kill someone - I immediately get hate whisper, telling me how bad I am and that I should leave the game.
I get killed by someone - I immediately get hate whisper, telling me how bad I am and that I should leave the game.
I am killed by two members of one faction - I instantly get tea-bagged, even though I see those guys for the first time.
I am killed by two members of other faction - I instantly get tea-bagged, even though I see those guys for the first time.

It's hard to believe those are mature persons (which I am sure some of them are), due to their childish behavior. Do they ALL have some kind of hard issues in real life?
And no, I do not take the tea bagging and hate whispers as some serious insult, but I cannot deny it being a lil' annoying when EVERYONE follow those *** patterns. Not to mention how unatractive it makes Cyrodiil for all the newcomers.

A little respect for your opponents wouldn't hurt, ya know.

Edited by The_Tarantian on August 31, 2018 5:00PM
Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
It's Irish for "you're ***".
  • TheCaptainJosh
    TheCaptainJosh
    ✭✭✭
    Things like this happens in a lot of PvP games. I personally like when people go out of their way to tell me how much they hate me
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don´t get the feeling that we as a community share any common values. Sadly, the field is shattered into many smaller communities. What is regarded as ok by some can be utterly wrong by others. One Tamriel made pve somewhat easier but in pvp the line is drawn as strong as ever.
    Sword and shield and jackboot heel
    We love to kill, we love to kill
    We love to taste our own blood
    Squirm in our own gore
  • The_Tarantian
    The_Tarantian
    ✭✭✭
    I don´t get the feeling that we as a community share any common values. Sadly, the field is shattered into many smaller communities. What is regarded as ok by some can be utterly wrong by others. One Tamriel made pve somewhat easier but in pvp the line is drawn as strong as ever.
    Common sense is "common" for a reason, no? But I guess you are right and ESO community perfectly represent real life, where sometimes you are literally surrounded by jerks and morons.
    Still sad to see decency, honor and common sense being something unthinkable for vast majority.

Funny thing is that I never noticed that before, even though been playing for quite some time.

Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
    It's Irish for "you're ***".
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what platform you are on but this doesn't happen much on pc na. Only the same select few do these things and most just ignore them.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never gotten hate male. :(

Tea-bags are just kind of funny to me. I don't consider them to be toxic or offensive. Viewing them as being anything more than a sign of respect is actually toxic, because you're allowing yourself to be offended by something as trivial and subjective as sportsmanship in a fantasy video game designed to be a war simulation. Maybe PVP is just not right for your temperament.
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another thread about PvPer's toxicity yes. But seriously, what an actual *** is wrong with all those lads?

I get to kill someone - I immediately get hate whisper, telling me how bad I am and that I should leave the game.
    I get killed by someone - I immediately get hate whisper, telling me how bad I am and that I should leave the game.
    I am killed by two members of one faction - I instantly get tea-bagged, even though I see those guys for the first time.
    I am killed by two members of other faction - I instantly get tea-bagged, even though I see those guys for the first time.

It's hard to believe those are mature persons (which I am sure some of them are), due to their childish behavior. Do they ALL have some kind of hard issues in real life?
    And no, I do not take the tea bagging and hate whispers as some serious insult, but I cannot deny it being a lil' annoying when EVERYONE follow those *** patterns. Not to mention how unatractive it makes Cyrodiil for all the newcomers.

A little respect for your opponents wouldn't hurt, ya know.

People will do what they consider acceptable. We cannot change that fact. The only control we do have is our own behaviour. Lead by example and others will follow.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've almost never had any of this stuff mentioned. The few times I have, has been if I am running in a zerg, or that one time I ganked some sorc who was 1vXing or something and I must have shown up right as his shields went down, because he dropped like a pair of panties on prom night.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in my Dark Souls pvp days, I called this hatemail.
    Sure, winning an invasion was grand, but the true reward was a nice, fresh and juicy piece of hatemail in my inbox. It didn't always happen, but when it did, it was glorious. Screenshot it. Keep it as a trophy.

Of course, number 1 golden rule; never, ever send hate mail. Even if responding to someone else. Do not give them the satisfaction.
    BoneMage hype.
  • purpleshadez
    purpleshadez
    ✭✭✭
    It happens in a lot of PVP games, If I die horridly then I sometimes send a whisper that says "ouch! XD" or I sometimes ask for tips especially if it is a class I'm still learning on. Most of the time people are good enough to send a helpful reply, sometimes not. If I win, and it was a good fight I'll let them know. Sometimes people just really don't like dying and are so full of hate, to the ignore list they go! T-Bagging usually happens to me when I get zerged and the t-bagger isn't on my death recap. Or if I fail a gank. Fair play for the latter one though.
    PC - EU | Close, but no cigar!
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you start to feel that hate tells are becoming too much of an issue for you then you could choose to play offline when you PvP. Although you might miss out on some worthwhile conversations with enemy players. Other than that you could choose to simply ignore the excessively salty/toxic players, while tolerating the rest. Also when you die just open the map cause even if you are being tea-bagged it will be happening out of sight, out of mind.
    (AD) Artim X |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer.

My Easygoing Builds
    Electric-Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/hokMyu1PAKfJK/giphy.gif
    Proc free DPS build for when a tank isn't holding bosses in place and for times where one is not getting buffed by a healer.
    Gear: 5 Netch's Touch (infused chest/legs and everything else divines. Max Mag Enchants), 2 Slimecraw (infused head and divines shoulder 1 med/1 heavy. Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame enchant).
    Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Hardened WardDampen Magic, Lightning Flood, and Energy Overload.
    Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Streak, Shock Clench, Dampen Magic, Blockade of Storms, and Thunderous Rage.

Electric-Burn
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3og0IzNaAxQb8tJq5W/giphy.gif
    DPS build for more organized groups.
    Gear: 5 Burning Spellweave (infused chest/legs and everything else divines. Max mag enchants), 2 Ilambris (infused head and divines shoulder 1 med/1 heavy. Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Inferno Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame enchant).
    Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Hardened Ward, Lightning Flood, and Energy Overload.
    Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Streak, Flame Clench, Dampen Magic, Blockade of Fire, and Fiery Rage.

Electric-Cool
    https://media.giphy.com/media/GgbCiS1rMjGFy/giphy.gif
    Utility focused DPS build that is capable of tanking normal dungeons and vet non dlc dungeons, but it does not provide enough tank based buffs/debuffs to warrant it's use in trials/vet dlc dungeons and due to the limits of damage shields it would be too much of a liability due to the sheer number of potential one-shot mechanics that a pure tank would have an easier time dealing with.
    Gear: 5 Icy Conjuror (infused chest/legs and everything else divines. Max Mag Enchants), 2 Iceheart (infused head and divines shoulder 1 med/1 heavy. Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Ice Staff (infused/ice enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame enchant).
    Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath (Elemental Drain in vet content if healer isn't using it), Hardened Ward, Lightning Flood, and Energy Overload.
    Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Streak, Frost Clench, Dampen Magic, Blockade of Frost, and Icy Rage.

Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    My healer build that I for the most part only use in normal dungeons, since the group finder will more often than not place me in a group that lacks DPS, has a fake tank, or both. I personally would never heal a pug trial even on normal.
    Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (infused chest/legs and everything else divines. Max Mag Enchants), 2 spell critical monster set pieces when I don't feel like using spell crit pots, Grothdarr when I want to do more damage, or Earthgore when I feel like it would make a significant difference (infused head and divines shoulder 1 med/1 heavy. Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (infused with weapon damage enchant).
    Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Combat Prayer, Ward Ally, Healing Springs, and Replenishing Barrier.
    Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Hardened Ward, Blockade of Storms, and Aggressive Horn.

Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    Tanky utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players, but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    Gear 1: 5 Torug's Pact (mostly heavy with medium bracers and light sash. All impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants), 1 Domihaus (heavy impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants), 1 monster set piece that adds resistance (heavy impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants. ex: Pirate Skeleton, Mighty Chudan, and Lord Warden), and Knight Slayer jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant)/restoration staff (powered with weapon damage enchant).
    Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Efficient Purge, Ward Ally, Healing Springs, and Life Giver.
    Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Elusive Mist, Accelerating Drain (When dealing with organized groups and zergs I slot it out for Time Freeze. I will also use Rune Cage when I want a more reliable stun especially in group battles), Hardened Ward, Blockade of Storms (Radiant Magelight, Lingering Flare, or Haunting Curse when nb hunting alongside others), and Clouding Swarm (When dealing with organized groups and zergs I slot it out for Absorption Field/Shooting Star. I will also use Soul Assault to be extra annoying).

PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or infused chest/legs and everything else divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or infused head and divines shoulder. The staves should be infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap. Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).

Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.

Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    PvP: The Atronach, since wearing heavy has consequences even with food that boosts mag regen.
    PvE: I will almost always use the Atronach in this content as well (especially if I'm healing in PvE or playing it safe while solo), since I use blue or gold max resource food. However, in a strong group other Mundus Stones can be effective (Thief is what I would use in a serious group), since a heavy attack rotation will ensure that you're are always restoring magicka at a decent rate.

Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/u22XLkonvcDba/giphy.gif
    Mag Sorc: More focused on damage, since changing CP isn't free. Mage: Elfborn (56), Spell Erosion (22), Elemental Expert (64), Staff Expert (35), Master-at-Arms (18), and Thaumaturge (75). Warrior: Ironclad (34), Resistant (20), Hardy (32), Elemental Defender (32), Thick Skinned (31), Expert Defender (33), Bastion (56), and Quick Recovery (32). Thief: Warlord (31), Sprinter (6), Bashing Focus (6), Arcanist (75), Tenacity (75), Shade (25), Tumbling (26), and Shadow Ward (26).

Rotations
    https://i.imgur.com/UuedhQX.mp4
    Mag Sorc: (In your gameplay settings turn on quick cast ground abilities) Buff up with Boundless and Surge, weapon swap immediately after casting the previous skill, drop Rage if it's active (only drop it on significant bosses or in situations with lots of enemies where you know you'll have the ult filled up by the next boss), Clench, Blockade, quickly weapon swap, Liquid Lightning, two heavy attacks, activate either Surge or Boundless, cancel the animation of the buff used with a weapon swap, and repeat. If you have an excessive amount of ult and you're dealing with trash mobs activate overload before performing the rotation, but don't heavy attack for too long. If you have enough ult for Rage while you're fighting a serious boss and you're in the middle of the rotation just focus on activating the ultimate, afterwards either continue the rotation or start from scratch. During the execute phase (around 20% health) replace the second heavy attack with about 4 to 5 Mages' Wrath, but if boss is melting quick just keep spamming Wrath (hold heavy attack while spamming Wrath).

When frost staff tanking a single boss buff up with Boundless and Surge, weapon swap immediately after casting the previous skill, heavy attack with the ice staff, drop Rage if it's active, Clench, Blockade, quickly weapon swap, Liquid Lightning, one heavy attack, activate either Surge or Boundless, cancel the animation of the buff used with a weapon swap, one heavy attack, and repeat. If frost staff tanking multiple bosses buff up with Boundless and Surge, weapon swap immediately after casting the previous skill, heavy attack with the ice staff each enemy, drop Rage if it's active, Blockade, quickly weapon swap, Liquid Lightning, partial heavy attack all the bosses in order to proc IA (pink smoke), activate either Surge or Boundless, cancel the animation of the buff used with a weapon swap, heavy attack all the bosses, and repeat. Most challenging bosses to keep aggroed will be the Pact in the Blessed Crucible and the knights in the White-Gold Tower, since you need to keep 3 enemies taunted, but they can also be locked down with clench. During the execute phase on a single target (around 20% health) replace the second heavy attack with a partial heavy attack in order to proc IA and around 4 to 5 Mages' Wrath, but if boss is melting quick just keep spamming Wrath (hold block while spamming Wrath).

When healing in PvE just keep all support skills and blockade up. Heavy attack primarily with a restoration staff whenever you can. Be reactive with your heals (when someone is scratched use ward ally and if they're far away spam springs on them). When taking a lot of continuous damage make sure to have all buffs/debuffs up while spamming springs on the group. At the boss use the horn ult, but only when the group has decent survivability and damage. If too many players lack survivability then use the barrier ult to make life easier (longer fight, but less risk of death). Can use barrier when dealing with trash mobs (low cost and gives back ult).

In PvP you'll rarely be in a scenario where you can perform a PvE esque rotation with AOE unless you're performing a single target burst. When dealing with someone who doesn't walk out of AOE and they aren't applying too much pressure on you (true tank build or inexperienced player) drop blockade, stun, weapon swap, and heavy attack around 2 to 3 times (restoration heavies gives back more resources and will trigger the restoration staff's enchant while blockade triggers the lightning staff enchant). Rinse and repeat till they die and use ults as needed, but make sure to keep your health and shields up whenever you take significant damage (might have to keep one's distance if a dk is using a skill like draw essence). When in a high pressure situation stay on the lightning staff bar and keep hardened ward up (also blockade when dealing with melee enemies or players that don't care about moving out of AOE) while stunning and heavy attacking hostiles with the lightning staff bar. Weapon swap to buff up, heal up, purge, activate the resto staff enchant, or to shield stack as needed. When dealing with a large amount of enemy players alongside your faction keep your distance from friendlies (avoid bombs) and try to apply time freeze, blockade, and shooting star/negate on the enemies whenever possible. Time freeze is expensive so try to complete a full heavy attack whenever you get the chance. Also keep springs up on friendlies taking damage to build up ult and to keep them in the fight. If you get debuffs on you be careful not to overuse efficient purge, which is still quite costly. If not grouped up do not bother using purge on a debuffed friendly, since it will not affect them at all.

In PvE and PvP make sure to utilize tab target to keep track of priority enemies. Use streak in PvE for mag based movement that also allows you to stun a group of enemies. Use elusive mist for mag based movement, snare removal, and damage mitigation in PvP (can also be used in stealth).

In PvP when solo taking a resource ride your mount towards the tower, aggro the two guards at the front of the entrance, then head on inside the tower, buff up, purge, head up the stairs, kill everyone that follows especially the mage guard, kill everyone on the flag, and flip.

Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    Blue/Gold Food for PvE:
    Mistral Banana-Bunny Hash/Melon-Baked Parmesan Pork/Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup. Increase Max Health by 5395 and Max Magicka by 4936 for 1 hour. For min-maxing use Double Bloody Mara. Increases Max Magicka by 5297 and Max Health by 5852 for 2 hours If you're a vampire, the blood in this drink will also mildly sate you (can spam mist or drain to get back to stage 4 vampirism). This also helps when dealing with content that has a lot of fire damage (ex: Vet Bloodroot Forge)

Purple/Gold Food for PvP:
    Witchmother's Potent Brew (increases Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours. If I were wasteful with my gold I'd min-max with Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours).

Trash Potions when feeling cheap:
    Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.

Crafted Potions:
    Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without mage light this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch (stage 4 vampire), and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking).
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what platform you are on but this doesn't happen much on pc na. Only the same select few do these things and most just ignore them.

I was just thinking the same, this almost never happens to me, or anyone I know on PC NA. I do get a few whispers a week from opponents but it's rare that they are hateful. And I get teabagged rarely and almost always by someone I know.

There was once a foul mouthed AD who would spew into my chat pretty frequently (his name sounds little like "salty-dog"). Since his banning my chat is pretty peaceful. Sad really, there were drinking games for his hate tells, some of the biggest laughs I've had in eso.
    Armitas wrote: »
    This game is so broken I don't even know how people distinguish CE from negligent development.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back when I was throwing Sloads around like a bad case of the herp-derp, I would get hate whispers all the time as if I was a Marine throwing puppies off a cliff. Seriously.

Thanks to the nerf bat, I don’t use Sloads anymore, but my kill ratio in BGs is still going strong. Haven’t gotten any hate whispers since I switched. I’m not even using rune cage anymore. Heh.

Some people are just sore losers.

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is true. The community is very fractured. A group composed of former 1vXers may think behaviors from the members of their community is okay while other community doesn't. And some think large scale is bad and some don't. Some think tbagging is all funny while some think it is not and so on and so forth. But as Leif said, PC NA does not have much of what OP stated thankfully.

I really would not take any toxic behavior seriously. It's not worth it to take those players seriously. Sure, they can be better than me at a game and what not due to them spending more time in game than me, but, they cannot be taken seriously. Game is a virtual space and being toxic there kinda speaks a lot about their personalities. Better to move on than to take their viles to the heart and let them bother/ruin my game time.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    …..might be what class your playing. Even though my kill rate on my magSorcs is almost exactly the same as my magblades, I have only ever got salty rage whispers on my magblades.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the craic.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]
    EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]
    DC :: W T B Waffles [37], Morale Boost [21], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]

RIP
    AD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]

Addons
    AP Meter : All your AP needs
    Greyskull : Customisable, colour-coded Damage Meter

Videos
    MDK PVP, #officialGvGs
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its been a while since i posted lol..

however the other day in PVP we took a keep and then blue raided us and took it over i got hate mail saying

"Thanks for the easy keep"

i had to reply
    " no problems buddy i do apologize for the state of the front and outer door been broken and the outer west wall, however with a bit of TLC and a fresh coat of paint it will look like brand new"

no reply LOL

That doesn't sound toxic, just cheeky. Your reply was perfect.

PC NA
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka NB, Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Orc Stamina Warden
    Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Argonian Magicka Templar, Orc Stamina DK, Bosmer Stamina NB, Nord Stamina Warden, Redguard Stamina Necro
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka Sorcerer