Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Strange Dungeon Finder

jonzhao68
jonzhao68
✭✭
So I've never seen a dungeon finder that works the way ESO's does. In WoW, you are grouped up with random players within a level range that is appropriate to the dungeon. In GW2 (the best LFG system imo) you put in a LFG request where you can specifically request what kind of group you are looking for, and players can access this request from anywhere in the game and join your group. In ESO though, it groups you with random players of random levels.

So as a new player, I queue up for a dungeon as a level 20 healer. I get 1 other level 20 noob in my group as DPS, and then two high CP level players for the tank and other DPS. Now sure, that makes it a super easy run, but that is the issue. No time for any story, reading quest dialogue, nothing. Don't even need us noobs, the two guys just run off and burn through the whole dungeon. The noob dps is confused as to why his dps is trash compared to the other guys, my heals are completely pointless, it's just.......boring.

Sadly, the only solution to this is cry out in zone chat forever hoping to specifically find another group of low level noobs wanting to do the same exact thing I want to do, and hope they are on the same map as me so they can see my lfg message (before it gets buried in the mess that is zone chat).

I just feel like there is so much dungeon content and story that would be fun to play through with a group of players that are an appropriate level for the dungeon, but I'll never get to experience it because of this system. :confused: Is this an issue for others as well or does everyone else pretty much love the Dungeon Finder tool in this game?
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chat -> "Doing the Quest" usually helps. Most players i have played with take it slower and are waiting if you tell them that you are doing the quest - especially on normal. Dont expect it on vet :wink:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • snegurd
    snegurd
    ✭✭
    Yeah, this has always been an issue for me. When I was starting out I wanted to group with lower level players so we could take our time, learn the mechanics, enjoy the quest, etc. Now that I'm a higher level player and have run all the dungeons dozens of times I usually do normal dungeons either as a Random Normal for exp or to farm gear, in either case I want players at least CP 160+.

I understand that the implementation of a more complicated dungeon finder is difficult, and the wait times would definitely increase with a level range implemented, but I think the option would make running dungeons through the dungeon finder a much more fruitful experience for everyone.
    PC | NA
    Guildmaster of Noob Nation

Snegurd Limp-Spear: Nord DK tank
    Milamber of Midkemia: Breton Sorc dps

Flawless Conqueror | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Assistant Alienist | Shadow Breaker | Blackrose Executioner
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    I know when I was leveling a new character, I experienced the same issue. I would group with a guildie and queue with two randoms who act as though they’re trying to do a speed run, pulling all the mobs and running ahead. That’s why when we notice that someone is doing the quest, we’ll wait for them, as long as werewolf timer allows lol! And I never leave the group at the end of a dungeon until after the random leaves to ensure they completed their quest.

Unfortunately, I don’t think that ZOS will do anything about that because the last time they tried to fix an issue with the dungeon finder, they broke it completely and they are unable to get it working again even after numerous patches. Now if they added a Level 50 and below queue much like the campaign, that may help with this. But like @snegurd said the queue times would get ridiculous.
  • snegurd
    snegurd
    ✭✭
    @jonzhao68 on an unrelated note if you are looking to slowly do normal dungeons and enjoy the quests and readings there are probably many social guilds out there where you can put a group of 4 together and do just that. Take a look in the guild section of the forum or ask in a zone chat for a social guild or a level 50 and under guild.
    PC | NA
    Guildmaster of Noob Nation

Snegurd Limp-Spear: Nord DK tank
    Milamber of Midkemia: Breton Sorc dps

Flawless Conqueror | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Assistant Alienist | Shadow Breaker | Blackrose Executioner
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    You can’t even que for a normal dungeon anymore as a dps. You’ll wait in que for days
    Edited by Yamakaziing on August 30, 2018 8:38PM
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before this patch, you had more indications if it was a DPS who has queuing as a tank because you might see the Tank/DPS icons highlighted in the group section when you looked at their name. Now, if a DPS queues as a tank you really don't know until you've committed a decent amount of time. With all these weird hybrid builds, part of you thinks he just might be a bad tank...but still a tank. By the time you figure out he has no taunting ability, you're usually past the first boss and already committed. The whole dungeon finder experience is crappy for lower levels, painful for higher levels that get suck with the new guys, and unfortunate for anyone who gets queued with someone who isn't the role they entered as. Unless you're going in with guild mates, you'd prefer your fellow group members to be of equal level/CP and the right role.
    Edited by Donny_Vito on August 31, 2018 8:26PM
  • Pauley_Mccoy
    Lately the dungeon finder has been extremely bugged where it goes into a 'you are queved up' and 'someone declined the invitation' (even if everyone readies up) loop. Extremely frustrating. Haven't been able to do daily random or pledges for days.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately the dungeon finder has been extremely bugged where it goes into a 'you are queved up' and 'someone declined the invitation' (even if everyone readies up) loop. Extremely frustrating. Haven't been able to do daily random or pledges for days.

I have noticed that on XB NA the wait times even for DD's is extremely long, like 40 mins long. I've never waited that long before. Add in the "the instance is full" and the issues you've mentioned and the group finder is a total mess right now.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭
    Communication is everything. You will still get groups where ppl just want the complete asap like ppl just wanting to finish pledges quik, ppl on xp buffs wanting to finish the activity 4 xp b4 buff runs out, ppl farming gear etc. Stating youre on the quest tempers their pace on average but not always. Remember it's a team & while your objectives are important, so are theirs & the grp is random so their objectives might clash. In that cash compromise when possible.

As for the Q times, I feel this last patch improved them. I am also glad ppl can't cross Q as roles. Many vet dungeons can be ran w/out a proper tant but some cannot & as the dungeon is random afterall. Now you can preform a grp to Q and Dps can set as tank after eryone understands that. Quite simply some ppl had no right to Q as a support role for vet and prompted these changes.

I never stay in Q longer than 5 mins & more often than not my Q pops the second after I re Q. IF your Q gets to 5 mins, drop Q, re Q, rinse and repeat.

Happy dungeoneering.
  • tallscot
    tallscot
    It's got serious problems. It's constantly adding me to a group of 2 people were we are missing a healer or tank, which requires several minutes of waiting till they are added. And that would be less annoying if I could leave that group and requeue immediately without a 13-minute penalty.

At this point, I think it's best to just not use this feature of the game and do it manually via guilds.
    North America - PS4