The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelry level drops for crafting writs bugged?

bee_tiswasnot
bee_tiswasnot
✭✭✭
Has anyone else noticed this? I keep getting level 1 jewelry dropping as crafting writ rewards, when the character submitting the writ is of a much higher crafter level in jewelry. Since none of the other crafting writ rewards behave like this, I think it may be a bug?
Edited by bee_tiswasnot on August 28, 2018 3:27PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You mean like getting a Intricate Pewter ring from your writ even though you have a level 50 crafter? I haven’t noticed that but I’ll certainly take a better look just to make sure. If so, it sure seems like a bug to me.
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    All crafting drops and nodes have a chance to drop based on char level OR skill level. Favoring the skill level. On my max level chars I often get pewter and sometimes platinum jewelry.
  • SergeantJinx
    SergeantJinx
    ✭✭✭
    From what I know you have a chance to get lvl 1 intricate jewellery if you are not lvl 50, once you are it stops. It is also the case with blacksmith, clothier and woodworking. It's not a bug.
    Edited by SergeantJinx on August 28, 2018 3:43PM
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    You mean like getting a Intricate Pewter ring from your writ even though you have a level 50 crafter? I haven’t noticed that but I’ll certainly take a better look just to make sure. If so, it sure seems like a bug to me.

That’s right. I have had say a level 30 jewelry crafter get a level 1 writ, which is what made me notice. Since then it has happened to all my other crafters. Equally, I have had a level 8 jewelry crafter (or around that level) get a CP160 writ. I should add that this is on my kids’ xbox, which of course I only play to make sure I can talk to them etc, not that I enjoy it (-:

Edited by bee_tiswasnot on August 28, 2018 3:43PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The item that drops from daily writs can be either intricate or ornate, and its level is a mixture of character level, hcraft level (i.e. how many points you have in engraving). If you are at 1/5 in engraving, you will get level 1 pewter items half the time. If you are at 5 it will be CP150 platinum items. This is how the items also work for the other equipment crafting writs. All as Uprime said.
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    From what I know you have a chance to get lvl 1 intricate jewellery if you are not lvl 50, once you are it stops. It is also the case with blacksmith, clothier and woodworking. It's not a bug.

Thx, that would explain it!

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just did the writs on six of my crafters who are max level characters as well as being max level Jewelry crafters. They all received Platinum jewelry and nothing lower than platinum. Like others mentioned, what you recieve from the nodes and the writs is determined by your character and crafting levels.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50% of the time, the ornate/intricate item will be scaled to the craft level. For tier-5 writs, this will be CP150 (not 160!).
    50% of the time, the ornate/intricate item will be scaled to the character level.

So a max-level character doing tier-5 writs will receive a mix of CP150 and CP160 items. A CP155 character doing tier-5 writs will receive only CP150 items. A max-level character doing tier-1 writs will receive a mix of Level 1 and CP160 items. And a level 33 character doing tier-4 writs will receive a mix of level 33 and CP80 items.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was (maybe still is) a bug with the Tier 4 jewelry writs, though. My crafter is CP160, and when she was doing Tier 4 writs, making electrum jewelry, she would either receive a platinum piece (based on her character level) or a CP70 silver piece. She NEVER received an electrum piece when the reward was based on her crafting level, she would receive instead a silver CP70 piece.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 30, 2018 5:03PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    There was (maybe still is) a bug with the Tier 4 jewelry writs, though. My crafter is CP160, and when she was doing Tier 4 writs, making electrum jewelry, she would either receive a platinum piece (based on her character level) or a CP70 silver piece. She NEVER received an electrum piece when the reward was based on her crafting level, she would receive instead a silver CP70 piece.

This has still not been fixed. I've been doing Tier 4 jewelry writs, which require electrum, but I get either Platinum jewelry (based on their character level) or Silver CP 70 jewelry (based on their skill). I should be getting electrum jewelry when it drops based on my skill.

This makes it a slower level up, since getting electrum intricate jewelry would presumably give more inspiration than silver intricate jewelry. It also means I don't get any electrum back from doing writs, since I don't get any electrum jewelry at all to break down. While breaking down the gear received from a writ isn't enough to sustain doing them, it's still helpful to get some mats back on occasion.

I know that the update coming with Wrathstone will start providing mats at your current skill level, but I'm hoping that they fix this bug so that we can get increased inspiration from intricate electrum pieces.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Are the devs aware of this bug?