Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snared with immovable pot

GlorphNoldorin
GlorphNoldorin
✭✭✭✭✭
Dont know what the point of posting this is but the frustration is so bad. Cast an immovable/speed potion, 47 seconds of speed, 10+ seconds of immovability......then get instantly slowed. This game is so broken
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should try running something that gets rid of snares.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immovable pot make you immune to hard cc, like stun and knockback. It doesn’t help snares, which have almost 100% uptime in pvp.

For snare and root immunity use a 2H weapon and run the Forward Momentum skill.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that is what's required, however immovable potions are supposed to work on all disabling effects, of which snares in my opinion should be considered.

Has zos a statement on this? I mean what is the purpose of immovable potions if they dont grant immunity to every thing, just use forward momentum and dont have them in the game then.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snare is not 'disabling effect', when you can't move or perform any actions.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So not being able to sprint.....is that disabling sprint...which is an action?
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While snared, you can move and perform any(!) actions, like skills cast or attacks.

Disabled - when you can't do any and all of it.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can still sprint it's just not worth jack because the extra movement speed still winds you up at like half normal movement speed. It's an unfortunate bit of confusion around terminology. Hopefully they can get a Game Term Dictionary or something in the help menu to clarify these sorts of things!

OH WAIT there already is, apparently. Logged in to check and was pleasantly surprised. However, there IS actually a legitimate problem. I can't find "snares" covered anywhere in the menu, and Immobilize is listed under Disabling Effects. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you pass something along to the appropriate team letting them know that snares should be listed somewhere in the Combat menu and that there should probably be a separate term for Snares and Immobile effects so as not to cause confusion regarding the Immovability status? Thanks!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

You can still sprint it's just not worth jack because the extra movement speed still winds you up at like half normal movement speed. It's an unfortunate bit of confusion around terminology. Hopefully they can get a Game Term Dictionary or something in the help menu to clarify these sorts of things!

OH WAIT there already is, apparently. Logged in to check and was pleasantly surprised. However, there IS actually a legitimate problem. I can't find "snares" covered anywhere in the menu, and Immobilize is listed under Disabling Effects. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you pass something along to the appropriate team letting them know that snares should be listed somewhere in the Combat menu and that there should probably be a separate term for Snares and Immobile effects so as not to cause confusion regarding the Immovability status? Thanks!

There's a combat menu???

Not on console
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

There's a combat menu???

Not on console

@Beardimus

On PC you go to the Help menu with /help and then navigate the tabs on the top right of that UI. The leftmost tab says "Tutorials". Among the Tutorials there is a Combat submenu with all kinds of goodies.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immovability pots do not prevent snares. It should work only against stuns such are ones from permafrost, dizzying swing, rune cage, petrify and similar.

Against snares you either need skills like Forward Momentum, Shuffle, one of DK wings morph or rapids.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS has actually acknowledged that snares are a huge problem in PvP recently and we can say thank you to our class representatives for that. They have reduced the duration of a lot of snares by half which is a good start. This being said, reducing the duration does not reduce the amount of snares as a whole. It simply forces people to use their snaring abilities more often which result in less damage dealt overall.

During large fights, the chances of snares being applied to you are still around 100% unless you are immune (Retreating maneuvers / Forward Momentum / Mist form). This is a big problem and shouldn't be the case.

Being snared while fighting is a huge quality of life issue and I believe I have a long term solution to address it. It has been the first point in my signature under the Spoilers section for quite some time now :

For class abilities that deal both damage and apply a CC, Root or Snare, make a magicka and a stamina version, bring 2 additional morphs that gives utility and minimal damage or higher damage. Then remove all passives that apply snares from the game.

For example, Stampede VS Critical Rush.
    This is how every ability should work. Offer High Damage VS Minimal Damage + Utility. Never both.

The most important part : Remove all passives that apply snares from the game.

In addition to that, I believe that having potions that give snares immunity would go a long way.

Edited by frozywozy on August 30, 2018 8:49AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    lmao
    NA-PC
    Ballgroup enjoyer also known as the best ballgroup player.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

There's a combat menu???

Not on console

@Beardimus

On PC you go to the Help menu with /help and then navigate the tabs on the top right of that UI. The leftmost tab says "Tutorials". Among the Tutorials there is a Combat submenu with all kinds of goodies.

Thats pretty sweet! i'll take a look but i'm pretty sure we dont have that :(
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know that is what's required, however immovable potions are supposed to work on all disabling effects, of which snares in my opinion should be considered.

Has zos a statement on this? I mean what is the purpose of immovable potions if they dont grant immunity to every thing, just use forward momentum and dont have them in the game then.

If that's the case then snares should proc reactive too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    ZOS has actually acknowledged that snares are a huge problem in PvP recently and we can say thank you to our class representatives for that. They have reduced the duration of a lot of snares by half which is a good start. This being said, reducing the duration does not reduce the amount of snares as a whole. It simply forces people to use their snaring abilities more often which result in less damage dealt overall.

During large fights, the chances of snares being applied to you are still around 100% unless you are immune (Retreating maneuvers / Forward Momentum / Mist form). This is a big problem and shouldn't be the case.

Being snared while fighting is a huge quality of life issue and I believe I have a long term solution to address it. It has been the first point in my signature under the Spoilers section for quite some time now :

For class abilities that deal both damage and apply a CC, Root or Snare, make a magicka and a stamina version, bring 2 additional morphs that gives utility and minimal damage or higher damage. Then remove all passives that apply snares from the game.

This is how every ability should work. Offer High Damage VS Minimal Damage + Utility. Never both.

In addition to that, I believe that having potions that give snares immunity would go a long way.

I disagree regarding snares in large fights being a big problem. At some point you are either coming prepared to Cyrodiil or you aren't. It's great that snare duration has been lowered across the board to help with Battlegrounds and the occasional small-scale encounter, but for the most part I think there's a level of expected preparedness when it comes to large battles in Cyrodiil. If you aren't in a group, or you are in a group and nobody is casting rapids, then that's 100% on you guys. You might as well complain that you can't kill your opponent with no damage abilities slotted at that point because you absolutely have the tools available to help yourself and choosing not to use them needs to carry consequences.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I disagree regarding snares in large fights being a big problem. At some point you are either coming prepared to Cyrodiil or you aren't. It's great that snare duration has been lowered across the board to help with Battlegrounds and the occasional small-scale encounter, but for the most part I think there's a level of expected preparedness when it comes to large battles in Cyrodiil. If you aren't in a group, or you are in a group and nobody is casting rapids, then that's 100% on you guys. You might as well complain that you can't kill your opponent with no damage abilities slotted at that point because you absolutely have the tools available to help yourself and choosing not to use them needs to carry consequences.

Did you just compare the number of damaging abilities with abilities that give snares immunity?

giphy.gif
    Edited by frozywozy on August 30, 2018 7:31PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you just compare the number of damaging abilities with abilities that give snares immunity?

giphy.gif

Of course not, I'm saying that not bringing snare immunity to a large group battle is intellectually on par with not bringing damage abilities. Group smart and prep up or face the consequences is not a radical position to hold for large battles.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

giphy.gif

Of course not, I'm saying that not bringing snare immunity to a large group battle is intellectually on par with not bringing damage abilities. Group smart and prep up or face the consequences is not a radical position to hold for large battles.

Could you tell me what kind of snare immunity a class without burst heals bring to the battle?
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Could you tell me what kind of snare immunity a class without burst heals bring to the battle?

None, but it doesn’t matter - we can all play StamWarden right?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

giphy.gif

None, but it doesn’t matter - we can all play StamWarden right?

Pretty much.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes come prepared to Cyrodiil. IE medium armor or 2h or get a group carry.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

3.5seconds of snare immunity in full medium? Good deal.

Or 2handed? I think you forgot to mention the part where you sacrifice the only burst heal available for several classes.

giphy.gif

You shouldn't have to rely on a group to fight without snares for more than 50% of your time in battle. Snares should be applied to you with the penality of dealing minimal damage, not both. This being said, on top of my suggestions to lower the amount of snares, here are some additional suggestions to help deal with them :
    • Change the morph of Momentum (Rally) to something else and add a new stamina burst heal ability somewhere else OR Change the morph of Momentum (Forward Momentum) to something else and add a new stamina snare immunity ability somewhere else.
    • Increase the duration of Shuffle in full medium to match the actually version of Forward Momentum
    • Add a potion that give snares immunity for 8-10seconds
    • Change the useless morph of Mist Form to provide snares immunity while being able to cast skills but remove the damage mitigation and the cc immunity
    Edited by frozywozy on August 31, 2018 1:44PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much what others said. Immovable does not prevent snares. However, there are quite a few options to get around snares. Just need to understand the game mechanics and know your limitations. Study your opposition, find their weaknesses and use that knowledge to gain an advantage. I guarantee you will beat any opponent.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3.5seconds of snare immunity in full medium? Good deal.

Or 2handed? I think you forgot to mention the part where you sacrifice the only burst heal available for several classes.

giphy.gif

You shouldn't have to rely on a group to fight without snares for more than 50% of your time in battle. Snares should be applied to you with the penality of dealing minimal damage, not both. This being said, on top of my suggestions to lower the amount of snares, here are some additional suggestions to help deal with them :
    • Change the morph of Momentum (Rally) to something else and add a new stamina burst heal ability somewhere else OR Change the morph of Momentum (Forward Momentum) to something else and add a new stamina snare immunity ability somewhere else.
    • Increase the duration of Shuffle in full medium to match the actually version of Forward Momentum
    • Add a potion that give snares immunity for 8-10seconds
    • Change the useless morph of Mist Form to provide snares immunity while being able to cast skills but remove the damage mitigation and the cc immunity

I was being sarcastic. Did not translate well to text.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh god too true. Super tired of feeling funneled into 2h Magblade. I'd rather use 2h on a Mag DK it's so annoying (pre wings)
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sacredx wrote: »
    Pretty much what others said. Immovable does not prevent snares. However, there are quite a few options to get around snares. Just need to understand the game mechanics and know your limitations. Study your opposition, find their weaknesses and use that knowledge to gain an advantage. I guarantee you will beat any opponent.

Any opponent save for that one AD group of around 12 people with mostly stam wardens (+ a few healers of course) spamming spin to win + sub assault + and multiple people using permafrost, a skill that has an uncounterable snare and CC in a large AOE.

I highly suggest not talking about learning to work around snares with a Kelly Gang thingy in your signature. You aren't wrong, it just looks weird.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Again, as long as we're talking about big battles then you should have you or someone else running rapids. Or Retreating Maneuver, more specifically. If you don't have that going on then you are legit comically unprepared for the fight. If the complaint is that you can't get reliable snare immunity in big battles as a solo player then that's a whole different variety of bad decisions.

That said I think your suggestions you made later in the thread regarding a snare immunity potion and a rebalancing of Shuffle sound great! I'm just not into reworking every skill over an incorrect hot take on snares in large battles.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

Oh god too true. Super tired of feeling funneled into 2h Magblade. I'd rather use 2h on a Mag DK it's so annoying (pre wings)

Didnt mind 2h on magblade until they went and added magicka to LA damage. Now its even more of a sacrifice.
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Sacredx wrote: »

Any opponent save for that one AD group of around 12 people with mostly stam wardens (+ a few healers of course) spamming spin to win + sub assault + and multiple people using permafrost, a skill that has an uncounterable snare and CC in a large AOE.

I highly suggest not talking about learning to work around snares with a Kelly Gang thingy in your signature. You aren't wrong, it just looks weird.

Well thank you for the compliment. We work hard to have a strong group.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The root/snare poisons ignore all immunity. You could have forward momentum up and an immove pot and still be snared. They have gotten me killed so many times. Very bad design.