The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crushing Leap during the Vykosa encounter in Moon Hunter Keep

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Crushing Leap is the heavy attack by the werewolf add spawns in Moon Hunter Keep.

In my combat logs, I have a Crushing Leap hitting a non-blocking, unshielded DD in Veteran non-HM for 8532 damage.

And I have a log entry showing Crushing Leap hitting a non-blocking, unshielded DD in Veteran HM for 80814 damage.

So, first, remember how Wrobel said in the class rep meeting that he thinks shields are making healers feel irrelevant? I'm not sure a healer would be much use against 80K hits. :trollface:

I suppose the intent is for the tank to hold the werewolf add spawns, though most groups prefer to try to just dodge these heavy attacks, in the interest of not stacking the werewolves on the boss and inadvertently pushing the boss to the next add spawn threshold. Personally, I'm not a fan of mobs having heavy attacks that will kill a non-tank even if they block. Heavy attacks that 1-shot players if they fail to block? Sure. Heavy attacks that will 1-shot players even if they block and shield? Meh.

But whatever, I'm not too fussed about it. We'll consider having the tank hold the werewolf adds in the future.

The thing that was truly shocking was to see what things are like on non-HM. The werewolves are nothing more than harmless little pups that do almost 90% less damage. Aww, look at that widdle cute heavy attack that I don't even have to block or pay attention to. I have to ask, @ZOS_Finn, is this intended? I mean, this is Veteran, not Normal. Sure, I'd expect them to hit for less than they do on HM, but not so little that they resemble overland mobs. The werewolves pose absolutely zero threat to any group that has the skill to make it this far. This is the final boss after all, so why does it feel easier and less threatening than, say, the Mooncaller boss?

Aaaanyway, I just found it pretty amusing to see a nearly 10x difference in the damage difference between vet and vet HM. :lol:
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, the difference between regular veteran and hard mode in the last four DLC dungeons is quite extreme. But I think that’s what they’re going for.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    Sure, the difference between regular veteran and hard mode in the last four DLC dungeons is quite extreme. But I think that’s what they’re going for.

Yea, I know. But the final boss in non-HM feels easier and less threatening than Mylenne Moon-Caller.

(Then again, for many groups, Fang Lair's final boss in non-HM is easier than the menagerie...)
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fwiw the wolf pounce still hits for a solid 30k
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone put it like this once. By having an earlier boss be the most difficult challenge, you save players the disappointment of spending the time and effort getting all the way to the end of the dungeon, only to realize that for their group, there isn’t a light at the end of the tunnel.

Imagine if for PUGs, the difficulty of the Thurvokun and menagerie fights were swapped. It would sting a lot more getting to the last boss only to find out your group just doesn’t have what it takes to get the job done.

In a lot of ways, bosses like Mylenne do PUGs a favor by giving them their hardest test before a major amount of time (or at least the illusion of progression) has been committed.

The consistency of this design leaves me to imagine that it is intentional.

Edited by Left4Daud on August 25, 2018 12:16AM
  • snegurd
    snegurd
    ✭✭
    From a practical perspective I think the increase in damage is reasonable. Like the OP said, an 80k+ heavy attack from adds means that the group needs to be careful not to burn the boss into multiple add phases or the tank needs to be able to hold a continuous cycle of spawning adds. This makes the strategy for the HM more interesting than for non-HM, and not just because of the additional add spawns and rune phase.

Was it intentional? I guess only the devs know...
    PC | NA
    Guildmaster of Noob Nation

Snegurd Limp-Spear: Nord DK tank
    Milamber of Midkemia: Breton Sorc dps

Flawless Conqueror | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Assistant Alienist | Shadow Breaker | Blackrose Executioner
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snegurd wrote: »
    From a practical perspective I think the increase in damage is reasonable. Like the OP said, an 80k+ heavy attack from adds means that the group needs to be careful not to burn the boss into multiple add phases or the tank needs to be able to hold a continuous cycle of spawning adds. This makes the strategy for the HM more interesting than for non-HM, and not just because of the additional add spawns and rune phase.

Was it intentional? I guess only the devs know...

pushing the boss or not only makes the difference between adds spawning all together or none at all. In other words there is no avoiding that when they spawn, at least 4 appear
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    fwiw the wolf pounce still hits for a solid 30k

that's normal and intended. Already confirmed by devs too
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Was the werewolf glowing red when it hit for 80k+?
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's fine for HA to one shot DDs. Gives them some excitement. I had a lot of fun playing with the bone colossus (colossi?) in Fang Lair.

But they should do it in both vet and vet HM. Vet has gotten boringly easy recently while HM is almost too hard.
    Edited by Kanar on August 31, 2018 1:21PM