The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – September 2018"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
095983c300405d033c40183a78313397.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Crown Store Showcase – September 2018" blog article.

Monstrous new weapons, noble steeds, and Orc-themed attire are just some the new items you can acquire from the Crown Store this September. Preview all the new pets, mounts, styles, costumes, and more coming soon in our latest Crown Store Showcase.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must resist the urge to spend all my Crowns on weapons with purple glowy bits... Why does ZOS know my weakness.

Nice to see the Imperial War Horse and Mastiff as options to buy for those who missed them in the dungeons event.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!!!! Imperial War Horse and Doggo!!!!
  • perditioner
    perditioner
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Hunter's Glade? My werewolf guilds waiting for it :)
  • AntonShan
    AntonShan
    ✭✭✭✭
    First Molag Kena weapons pack, then Imperial Horse.
    Would like to see Crown Store version of Emperor Regalia since we already have two versions already in game.
    latest?cb=20151216010241
    tO6AMfZ1WO0.jpg
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Must resist the urge to spend all my Crowns on weapons with purple glowy bits... Why does ZOS know my weakness.

Nice to see the Imperial War Horse and Mastiff as options to buy for those who missed them in the dungeons event.

What a pity though that there is no Dark Shaman costume which was also available during the event ;-(
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    Where are the female Alinor dresses and furniture packages?
  • Baz
    Baz
    ✭✭✭
    Welkynar in the Crown Store ? For real ?
    vAA : 150.350 WS StamBlade
    vSO : 171.041 CwC StamSorc
    vHRC : 155.895 DB Tank
    vMoL : 159.672 CwC Stamplar
    vHoF : 206.667 MkM StamNB
    vAS : 111.272 MkM Magplar
    vCR : 128.397 WS MagSorc
    Mostly retired from PvE ESO
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

What a pity though that there is no Dark Shaman costume which was also available during the event ;-(
    Maybe that one will be a crate, is there a darker themed one coming? I forget what the next type datamined was.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AntonShan wrote: »
    Would like to see Crown Store version of Emperor Regalia since we already have two versions already in game.
    latest?cb=20151216010241
    tO6AMfZ1WO0.jpg

Or you could just get the Emperor achievement...

Yeah, I know that Emperor is out of reach for the vast majority of players, including myself. I still dont think it should be sold on the Crown Store.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Turelus They exploited my weakness for glowy orange bits last month! Its your turn for your bank balance to sufferrrrrr! >:):D
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Orc outfits. Still waiting on the Altmer gowns.
  • Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    Dissapointing
    where are altmer dresses already?
    wont buy anything this mounth for sure :(
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained | Dawnbringer | Godslayer | PC EU
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baz wrote: »

As a little hint... motifs now with a huge grind are also made available in the crown store at the same time to encourage people to just pay real life money for it rather than grind.

Hence why the Welkynar grind is probably the worst in the game, & I'd expect will also have high crown store sales as a result.

Very transparent... but at the end of the day it's cosmetics so falls within that particular list of stuff thats fair game to monetise I guess.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • AntonShan
    AntonShan
    ✭✭✭✭

Just get the Emperor. It sounds like it's an easy walk what doesn't require Cyrodiil presence 24/7. Just snap with fingers and it's yours.
    Anyway we had Polymorph similar to one which rarely drops from vAS HM for sale. Why not do the same with Emperor Regalia.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »

As a little hint... motifs now with a huge grind are also made available in the crown store at the same time to encourage people to just pay real life money for it rather than grind.

Hence why the Welkynar grind is probably the worst in the game, & I'd expect will also have high crown store sales as a result.

Very transparent... but at the end of the day it's cosmetics so falls within that particular list of stuff thats fair game to monetise I guess.
    f7FdEdG.jpg

Sadly this was inevitable from the start of the Crown Store, that in game items would become harder or more frustrating to obtain but could be picked up for real money to skip all the hassle. Welcome to the world of gaming and corporate greed today.

As long as the item drops within the game and can be earned without having to spend money, companies can say it's "player choice" and they're just offering different options.

I hate it but it's what the industry has become.

As for spending all my Crowns Flaminir I'll have to see how they look in game and how much glow they have, I'm very interested in those swords though!
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i gotta stop looking at datamine threads during new pts cycle. just leaves me disappointed month after month wanting cool things that never show up in the crown store

wake me up when its october showcase please
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just get the Emperor. It sounds like it's an easy walk what doesn't require Cyrodiil presence 24/7. Just snap with fingers and it's yours.
    Anyway we had Polymorph similar to one which rarely drops from vAS HM for sale. Why not do the same with Emperor Regalia.

As I said, I'm well aware that Emperor is one of the most difficult achievements. I PVP regularly, and I'm well aware that emperorship is out of my reach.

I'm still of the opinion that if you want it, you should put in the time and effort to earn the Emperor's Regalia. Otherwise, you are asking for any old PVPer or PVEer to be able to buy the outfit thats supposed to be one of the culminating experiences for PVP, which already has far less cosmetic rewards than PVE. (And no, I don't like ZOS decision on the vAS style polymorph either.)
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe that one will be a crate, is there a darker themed one coming? I forget what the next type datamined was.

Next ones are prob those ones: aw_crwn_sys_hollowjackcrowncratex1_1x1.jpg

So pretty good chance that the dark sharman outfit will be in there :smile:

source: https://elderscrolls.net/2018/07/10/28901-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-obnovlenie-4-1-0/2/
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20151216010241
    tO6AMfZ1WO0.jpg

No, earn emperor instead of pulling out your wallet.
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 29, 2018 3:22PM
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    The women's clothes look like a sack tied together with a piece of string...
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This was predicted long ago when they first announced the style and how ridiculously hard it was to farm it. No surprise here :)
    Edited by Ashtaris on August 29, 2018 3:30PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »

Next ones are prob those ones: aw_crwn_sys_hollowjackcrowncratex1_1x1.jpg

So pretty good chance that the dark sharman outfit will be in there :smile:

source: https://elderscrolls.net/2018/07/10/28901-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-obnovlenie-4-1-0/2/

Fingers crossed for that... unless it will be labelled as legendary for 100 gems :neutral:
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why no new houses?!
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was hoping that Grand Psijic Villa will be released next month.
    I wonder when this home will be released.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I counted properly, 6/10 of these are limited time only. It's about time I stopped my ESO subscription.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the furniture pack picture or name is incorrect.

The Coldharbour Arcanaeum is a pack we have had previously and it came with Coldharbour bookshelves, Seal of Molag Bal and Transliminal Rupture (among other things).

The picture here has a statue of Molag Bal, some floating coldharbour crystal rocks, two soul shriven, banners etc, but notably NO bookshelves!

• Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »

Welkynar motifs shows up in Master Writs, some of which appeared very soon after Sumemrset dropped

It stops being “just cosmetics” when it’s required for the main crafting reward systems like the voucher merchants. In practice this motif is not available to the majority of players through ingame means.
  • Olav_the_Stout
    Olav_the_Stout
    ✭✭✭

Just curious, but what event was it? I've seen a couple white mastiffs with gold on them in passing on occasion.
    PS5 - Olaf the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
    PC - Olav the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no house and none of the female Altmer costumes. Once again, bitterly disappointed.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh neat, more orc costumes!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster