The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Unlock 100k Gold (and more) with September’s Daily Rewards"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Unlock 100k Gold (and more) with September’s Daily Rewards. Log in to ESO during the month of September to unlock an incredible 100,000 gold for your account and more. Find out all the details in our latest article!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for the costume. The gold, meh. Its a good thing for new players or players who dont farm or play the market, but I can make about that much in a day if I decide I need more gold.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 27, 2018 2:55PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if we could choose between female and male costumes as our reward :(
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd better would get 10 crates as in this months rather than meh-costume and lol 100k
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Would be nice if we could choose between female and male costumes as our reward :(

If they made us choose, I'd want both.
    #fashionscrolls
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna ruffle some feathers and say I wish there was more Crown Crates in Sept. rewards.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although I don’t need the gold, I won’t turn it down either :) It’s nice that you are giving out the login rewards. I’m sure it really helps the new players and keeps them excited about the game.
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    I'm excited for the costume. The gold, meh. Its a good thing for new players or players who dont farm or play the market, but I can make about that much in a day if I decide I need more gold.

Care to share how you achieve this?
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bri5 wrote: »

Just do a search on the forums on how to make gold and you will find tons of ways to earn that much and even more. It's mostly about playing the market.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, sure!

So I like to farm. Not everyone does, but I do. Its how I used to play TES IV Oblivion, wandering through the fields anf forests grabbing every little alchemy reagent I saw. Very relaxing.

That's pretty much what I do in ESO. Run around, grabbing every little ore node, ancestor silk bush, fallen wood log, shiny seam, runestone, flower and mushroom I see. Some people refine their items and sell the improvement mats, I've started just selling them raw.

Mind you, there's a few tricks to it.
    1. You have to know your farming route. I've got several zones I farm that give varying amounts of ore, wood, silk and reagents. Other zones have a chance at expensive gear from chests. Craglorn, of course, has a chance at nirncrux.
    2. You need a Crafting Bag or a big inventory. I don't subscribe, but my farmer has 200 inventory spaces so I never have to cherrypick nodes or leave trash in chests, which I consider to be extremely rude.
    3. You need to put some time into it. Yeah, I'm not running a single Craglorn loop and making 100k a day. Those are the days I've spent a while farming and have reagents to sell on top of the mat stacks.

Not everyone farms for their gold. Some people prefer to sell gear and weapons. Others like to buy low/sell high. I like to farm and find in very relaxing, so that's how I make my gold primarily. If I get bored, I fish.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't support gold gifts through daily rewards, but thank you.
    Though I can make that much gold in 1 hour farming :)

I believe players should play the game and the market to earn gold.
    Daily rewards should be of limited value only since it's basically a reward for logging in.
    Also, giving billions of gold to a large number of players(100,000 gold for each player) can be problematic for normal trading and will reduce the value of the gold currency(too many players have more gold).
    Edited by Universe on August 27, 2018 4:21PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome ! Currency wise, the rewards were very neglictable and tiny. I would cheer if this was the start of a reform and that we can expect more meaningful currency rewards from now on.

Doesn't have to be 100k gold. But even 5k gold from a gold reward would feel meaningful. 500 gold is just... nothing.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else having problems with the 'agegate' not allowing you to progress? Every time I type in my date of birth, it just resets forcing me to re-enter it. I've tried it on multiple browsers and cleared cache, same result. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Clothes don't have a gender. "Females" can wear this costume just as easily as a man can wear a dress.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    I don't support gold gifts through daily rewards, but thank you.
    Though I can make that much gold in 1 hour farming :)

I believe players should play the game and the market to earn gold.
    Daily rewards should be of limited value only since it's basically a reward for logging in.
    Also, giving billions of gold to a large number of players(100,000 gold for each player) can be problematic for normal trading and will reduce the value of the gold currency(too many players have more gold).

Literally none of this is problematic and will not affect anything at all.
    Edited by dimensional on August 27, 2018 4:43PM
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, sure!

So I like to farm. Not everyone does, but I do. Its how I used to play TES IV Oblivion, wandering through the fields anf forests grabbing every little alchemy reagent I saw. Very relaxing.

That's pretty much what I do in ESO. Run around, grabbing every little ore node, ancestor silk bush, fallen wood log, shiny seam, runestone, flower and mushroom I see. Some people refine their items and sell the improvement mats, I've started just selling them raw.

1. You have to know your farming route. I've got several zones I farm that give varying amounts of ore, wood, silk and reagents. Other zones have a chance at expensive gear from chests. Craglorn, of course, has a chance at nirncrux.
    2. You need a Crafting Bag or a big inventory. I don't subscribe, but my farmer has 200 inventory spaces so I never have to cherrypick nodes or leave trash in chests, which I consider to be extremely rude.
    3. You need to put some time into it. Yeah, I'm not running a single Craglorn loop and making 100k a day. Those are the days I've spent a while farming and have reagents to sell on top of the mat stacks.

Not everyone farms for their gold. Some people prefer to sell gear and weapons. Others like to buy low/sell high. I like to farm and find in very relaxing, so that's how I make my gold primarily. If I get bored, I fish.

Thanks so much for the reply! I didn't realize you could make so much doing that. I also like to just farm, it is very relaxing! I just need to see how much raw mats I have and figure out how many in a stack I should sell. Is there a site I could look at. I'm on PS4 NA
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of "male" costumes are really unisex. Several of my female characters look pretty sharp in "male" costumes like the Altmer Reeve costume.

In contrast, most female costumes only look good on females and look hilariously tacky and out of place on a male (though that doesn't stop people from doing that for the lolz).
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hundred thousand gold for no extra effort on my part.... funky B)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, sure!

Thanks so much for the reply! I didn't realize you could make so much doing that. I also like to just farm, it is very relaxing! I just need to see how much raw mats I have and figure out how many in a stack I should sell. Is there a site I could look at. I'm on PS4 NA

I'm on PC, so I have the benefit of add-ons like Master Merchant and Tamriel Trade Center to figure out prices. Maybe some of the Console folks can help out with advice on how they figure out prices? Otherwise, I'd say browse some guild traders and figure out the average prices from there for the items you want to sell.

One thing I forgot on the first post. I farm on a stamina character using speedrunning gear. There are other sets people use, but I like Darkstride and Cowards Gear. Darkstride cuts the sprint cost in half, so I can sprint for ages and still have the stamina to fight mobs if need be.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with the 'agegate' not allowing you to progress? Every time I type in my date of birth, it just resets forcing me to re-enter it. I've tried it on multiple browsers and cleared cache, same result. @ZOS_GinaBruno

Was finally able to get logged in... not sure what was up with the age check earlier.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

I had that problem once. I changed the date and it worked.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you get the point of this? Players have more gold to spend on 'Crown store gift system exchange' so... more real money to ZO$.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

A lot of "male" costumes are really unisex. Several of my female characters look pretty sharp in "male" costumes like the Altmer Reeve costume.

In contrast, most female costumes only look good on females and look hilariously tacky and out of place on a male (though that doesn't stop people from doing that for the lolz).

Yeah...some of the male costumes look fine on females, but I'd much rather have a female dress for my Nord than continue to make do with male Nord costumes or female costumes of other races. Costumes do have a gender, regardless of whether both male/female characters can wear them. If a costume is specially made to fit the female form, and is not altered at all when switching genders (like some of the armor costumes do), then it is a female costume, designed for the female form.

But, enough about that. Maybe in the future, we'll finally get Nord and Altmer female costumes. Also, the Nord costume is just another reskin of the one already in the store. Plus, they've already added another Nord costume reskin to the store. Why are Nord males so special (heh...let the jokes and innuendos commence)?

I also find it interesting that no one else has commented on the fact that you can only miss 2 days in September to still qualify for the 100k gold. We used to have 6-7 days leeway. Now, I'm not going to miss that 100k too much if something happens where I can't log in for 28 days, but what if that reward was some cool and exclusive mount?

We all have real lives and for various reasons beyond our control or even within our control (vacation, e.g.) we aren't able to log in for 28 days out of a 30-day month. The following month, I know I'll be away for a week, and so will miss whatever big reward they'll be giving us for October, if we have to log in for 28 days (or perhaps 29).
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 27, 2018 5:30PM
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, sure!

Additionally, you can make tons of gold very quickly stealing and fencing. I have 4 NB toons built strictly for this, each able to earn around 25-30k in around 45 mins or less. When strapped for gold I run everyone through my favorite stealing area and easily make 100k, though by the forth one I'm bored to death of it. I used to do this every day but it became to tedious so I only do it maybe once a week.

But usually I do as Van, I harvest due to how relaxing it is and sell them in bulk.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Qualanthar
    Qualanthar
    ✭✭
    As I just started playing in late July and have just passed the 100k mark of gold on my own (from writs/questing mostly), it'll be nice to double or triple it in the next month.
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »

Yeah, sure!

Additionally, you can make tons of gold very quickly stealing and fencing. I have 4 NB toons built strictly for this, each able to earn around 25-30k in around 45 mins or less. When strapped for gold I run everyone through my favorite stealing area and easily make 100k, though by the forth one I'm bored to death of it. I used to do this every day but it became to tedious so I only do it maybe once a week.

But usually I do as Van, I harvest due to how relaxing it is and sell them in bulk.

Yea, I used to do that some, but it does get boring after awhile. Picking flowers seems to be a lot more fun!
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can make gold via in-game activities. I would prefer in-game currency be the "filler" rewards and the "special" rewards be items you cannot get via normal in-game activities.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »

Yeah...some of the male costumes look fine on females, but I'd much rather have a female dress for my Nord than continue to make do with male Nord costumes or female costumes of other races. Costumes do have a gender, regardless of whether both male/female characters can wear them. If a costume is specially made to fit the female form, and is not altered at all when switching genders (like some of the armor costumes do), then it is a female costume, designed for the female form.

But, enough about that. Maybe in the future, we'll finally get Nord and Altmer female costumes. Also, the Nord costume is just another reskin of the one already in the store. Plus, they've already added another Nord costume reskin to the store. Why are Nord males so special (heh...let the jokes and innuendos commence)?

I also find it interesting that no one else has commented on the fact that you can only miss 2 days in September to still qualify for the 100k gold. We used to have 6-7 days leeway. Now, I'm not going to miss that 100k too much if something happens where I can't log in for 28 days, but what if that reward was some cool and exclusive mount?

We all have real lives and for various reasons beyond our control or even within our control (vacation, e.g.) we aren't able to log in for 28 days out of a 30-day month. The following month, I know I'll be away for a week, and so will miss whatever big reward they'll be giving us for October, if we have to log in for 28 days (or perhaps 29).

I think that's part of the plan actually. Putting that as the 28th day reward lets ZOS lower the amount of people who get that much gold, and its not like people will whine too much because "its only gold, you can make that easily."
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Speaking as someone who is definitely going to miss more than two days this month, I'm glad it's just gold.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking as someone who is definitely going to miss more than two days this month, I'm glad it's just gold.

I think this might be the reasoning from ZOS as well. Since the reward is just gold (even though it is a lot), it's not unique. If someone misses this reward, then they can certainly still get it through in game means. Missing more than 2 days and missing the last milestone reward for this month isn't the same as missing a unique costume or pet that you may never see again. I see it as testing the system to see how players react. I'm someone who logs in every day so I won't personally miss any, but more casual players could be upset if we start seeing more 28 day cycles and less 21 day cycles.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This past month had some good rewards at the end, and they had extra skip days built in so folks wouldn't miss out. I like how they had the bulk of the crates at the front of the end and then tapered them off, but being only a 21 dayish cycle left a lot of stay tuned for next month kind of days..I would like to see them put something even if its just those consumables folks complain about at the end...i like clicking collect on those. I want them to keep it so it doesn't punish casuals to harshly, but i like stuff too.....even the stuff others dont like...i like it.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.