Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Race Illusion 'Polymorph'

Unknown_Redemption
Unknown_Redemption
✭✭✭✭✭
Suggested Item:
Race Illusion: Breton
Race Illusion: High Elf
Race Illusion: Argonian
... etc...

Item Function:
Places the selected Race over your character's current custom appearance settings. This means that what attributes you selected on a Khajiit would transfer over to the selected appearance. This can be seen in the Character Race Change screen when toggling to different races/genders.

Example:
Illusion.jpg

Added Benefits:
This illusion successfully suppresses vampire visuals.

Cost:
2,500 Crowns

Limit:
1 per Race
Account Wide
Note: This is would work the same way Polymorphs are currently selected
Edited by Unknown_Redemption on August 16, 2018 11:35AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works lore wise due to illusion magic but I would like it if zos added a scroll over option to name plates that shows you race information if they do add this to show your actual race
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    It works lore wise due to illusion magic but I would like it if zos added a scroll over option to name plates that shows you race information if they do add this to show your actual race

I know this would be handy for group forming. But would this be default or a selected option? I ask because I personally wouldn't want to see it and I know others would prefer to RP in it.

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like it would be a polymorph, and therefore, they'd all be identical. It's annoying enough seeing a billion identical bankers running around.

If there was a way to do it so that they wouldn't all be clones, then I'd be very happy about it.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    It sounds like it would be a polymorph, and therefore, they'd all be identical. It's annoying enough seeing a billion identical bankers running around.

If there was a way to do it so that they wouldn't all be clones, then I'd be very happy about it.

No, its not a true polymorph, it takes your appearance attributes and transfers it through the illusion (e.g. forehead slop, eye slant, lip fullness, etc)
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a few unnecessary comments from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion constructive. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added a screen shot to better show how the player appearances transfers through to the illusions.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like this suggestion.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, would it wear my current clothes?

If so, I would buy a High Elf one and hide vamp with it xD
  • Nayawin14
    Nayawin14
    ✭✭✭
    Added Benefits:

Cost:
    2,500 Crowns

I would have buy an item that suppress the visuals of vampire for 2,500 crown FOR-ITSELF 1.5 year ago without hesitation., believe me (at the end, I simply cured Eiza Lluvia from vampirism, start enjoying the game again and crown her empress the same campaign ahah)

So yeah, the idea of a race-illusion-item is really a nice thing. Plus, it cost more than that to actually change the race of your character and re-look it, so, this would even be economical (you'll start with the race that has the desired passives then use the stone to make it looks like the desired race). Only one little thing here, if the change is automatic and not a relooking then you can end up with relatively strange outcomes, especially when you made your OP argonian into a delicate young imperial tank :|
  • DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or just not have rubbish broken racial passives system. Good try though.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only concern I have with this is that when using the exact same settings across all races it's pretty rare to have more than one race those same settings look decent on.

I am not saying that it isn't possible to have settings that make characters look good across most races just that it is the exception and not the rule.

Don't believe me?

Try it.

I'll support it as some people would enjoy it but for me, I would need the ability to rehash the settings for each race before I would want it.
    Edited by Aesthier on August 17, 2018 6:40AM
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the point of the illusion anyway, since you can freely move in any city, independently of the Alliance you belong to.
    Edited by jaschacasadiob16_ESO on August 17, 2018 6:55AM
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Nayawin14
    Nayawin14
    ✭✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »
    The only concern I have with this is that when using the exact same settings across all races it's pretty rare to have more than one race those same settings look decent on.

I'll support it as some people would enjoy it but for me, I would need the ability to rehash the settings for each race before I would want it.

Sure. The trick would be to buy those illusion-polymorph as tokens BEFORE you actually create your new character. You'd have an option to 'create-new-char + use illusion-polymorph', create your character from the race with the desired passive while directly customising according to the visually-desired race.

• Nayawin14
    Nayawin14
    ✭✭✭
    Nayawin14 wrote: »
    Sure. The trick would be to buy those illusion-polymorph as tokens BEFORE you actually create your new character. You'd have an option to 'create-new-char + use illusion-polymorph', create your character from the race with the desired passive while directly customising according to the visually-desired race.

Alternatively, if this illusion-polymorph is considered a collection item that modify the appearance (i.e., that you can activate/deactivate), then when you consume it for the first time on an existing character you'd recreate a 2nd character design.

I don't like this option too much as it would be strange to have 2 characters in 1. The goal of this illusion-polymorph being mostly in my opinion to get rid of the races' passives limitation.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »

^ Love this!
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit will finally be able to play magicka dd without being bullied, yes?
  • Nayawin14
    Nayawin14
    ✭✭✭

Yep! in theory...

In practice Nirn will be instantly flood by cute imperial girls <3

• rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep! in theory...

In practice Nirn will be instantly flood by cute imperial girls <3

And suddenly nirn is flooded with busty female characters in a nord bathing towel lmao
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    So, would it wear my current clothes?

If so, I would buy a High Elf one and hide vamp with it xD

Great question, yes it would, it simply changes your characters 'poly-skeleton' ... so to speak.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added Benefits:

Cost:
    2,500 Crowns

I would have buy an item that suppress the visuals of vampire for 2,500 crown FOR-ITSELF 1.5 year ago without hesitation., believe me (at the end, I simply cured Eiza Lluvia from vampirism, start enjoying the game again and crown her empress the same campaign ahah)

So yeah, the idea of a race-illusion-item is really a nice thing. Plus, it cost more than that to actually change the race of your character and re-look it, so, this would even be economical (you'll start with the race that has the desired passives then use the stone to make it looks like the desired race). Only one little thing here, if the change is automatic and not a relooking then you can end up with relatively strange outcomes, especially when you made your OP argonian into a delicate young imperial tank :|

Correct, the illusion copies the characters visual attributes, and it can create a significant difference between races (e.g. High Elf and Breton). You could, however, change your appearance for 1000 crowns to better extend to your favorite illusion.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoobZ69 wrote: »
    Or just not have rubbish broken racial passives system. Good try though.

It gives a work around, adds diversity, player customization, and would be easy to implement.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must been played too much Divinity: Original Sin 2, but. i like your idea.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    You must been played too much Divinity: Original Sin 2, but. i like your idea.

The thought came to me when I recalled the 'Enchanter: Illusion' spell from EQ1. Ive never played Divinity =)
  • O-Los_Zulis
    O-Los_Zulis
    ✭✭✭
    I'll pay crowns for a race polymorph.
    Tyger Blue Eyes

"My words mean nothing if you never listen."

-=15+ Toons=- cp1300+ Master Crafter+ 12+AD 1DC 1EP=-

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

No, its not a true polymorph, it takes your appearance attributes and transfers it through the illusion (e.g. forehead slop, eye slant, lip fullness, etc)

Very cool idea if it did this.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The outcome would look strange, i guess. Not all slides look good on all races.

On top of that the marks and accessories differ. Nice try to show us a dummy without them.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On top of that the marks and accessories differ. Nice try to show us a dummy without them.
    That would be my doubts about this idea...

...though the general concept would be fun! Even if only done with "stock appearance" like breton mage, regguard warrior, orc barbarian, bosmer hunter, khajiit rogue, altmer wizard, nord raider, argonian assassin, dunmer warlock, imperial legionaire...

Personally I would go a step further... and make is a disguise usable in PvP regions - including fake alliance indicator, and as usual with disguises, lost as soon as combat happens. ;) Bring on the infiltrators!
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be my doubts about this idea...

...though the general concept would be fun! Even if only done with "stock appearance" like breton mage, regguard warrior, orc barbarian, bosmer hunter, khajiit rogue, altmer wizard, nord raider, argonian assassin, dunmer warlock, imperial legionaire...

Personally I would go a step further... and make is a disguise usable in PvP regions - including fake alliance indicator, and as usual with disguises, lost as soon as combat happens. ;) Bring on the infiltrators!

Purely visual, like a polymorph, in the effect that it can be used in PvP; but the spy thing would cause an imbalance.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...but the spy thing would cause an imbalance.
    I suppose that would depend. But it would be interesting nonetheless... and could easily be balanced by how much it would cost to acquire.
    Remember, I am talking about a disguise here, meaning a semi-consumable item... and while it would allow for example a DC character to "disguise" themselves as AD combatant, it would not -actually- change their status, just put up a "fake" fellow ADish alliance indicator, so while they could fool players from afar, they could not use AD doors, could not use AD chat, could not join AD groups, and would still outlined in red for any AD player who gets suspiscious and does a mouseover or such... and while it would fool AD guards, as soon as any player lands a hit the disguise breaks and vanishes from their inventory...
    As an added drawback, I would have it allow "friendly fire", meaning the discuised DC character from the example would be attackable by DC players as well who get fooled by the disguise, for a single blow (whoch breaks the disguise and shows them they have been attacking an disguised ally)

Just an idea to have more options, deraling now just with soldiers in warzones, but also with something like IC spies (as opposed to the OoC spies who report one sides movements through guild chat, the rotten skeevers! :p;) )
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand you're just brainstorming too, but for this particular suggestion, this is to not have any effect on PvP.

That being said, I would love if ESO launched a game mode of sneaky delights. Something maybe 3-4 times larger than a BG, with more players, and more objectives. In which, infiltrating could be introduced. But, I will leave that to you to post =)