The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

rune cage and stuns

• Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    So what exactly is so OP about Rune Cage, that everyone is up in arms (including myself, i hate getting hit by that skill).? It is the delay on the Stun. Not the delay from the caster casting it, to the effect. It is the DELAY ON CC BREAK.

I will repeat;

Range is fine
    Damage is fine
    Unblockable is fine
    Undodgeable is fine
    Unreflectable is fine

What KILLS you about this skill, is the fact that you cannot reliably break free.

Rune Cage is EXTREMELY bugged with the response to CC break. That is why it is a litteral death sentence in any 1vX scenario.

At least that is my opinion. I might be just at terrible at analyzing context and balances as i claim most everyone else are. But that's a chance im willing to take ;)

^^^ THIS SOOOO MUCH

The break free bug is the issue. Incap has the same thing, which is why it annoys ppl so much.

If you are out of stam, it's one thing... but looking at your stam bar, seeing 14-15k and still being not break free from either skill is the rage inducing factor, that makes ppl come to the forums and say stupid things...

Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swimguy wrote: »
    rune cage doesnt belong on magsorc they have enough pressure through pure damage. DKs need it because they have low damage....

I'm sorry, did you not level it to the Fossilize skill yet, which requires the target to break free AND roll dodge?
    Ok that was condescending, but seriously Fossilize is strong, especially coupled with Whip.....
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undefwun wrote: »
    rune cage doesnt belong on magsorc they have enough pressure through pure damage. DKs need it because they have low damage....

I'm sorry, did you not level it to the Fossilize skill yet, which requires the target to break free AND roll dodge?
    Ok that was condescending, but seriously Fossilize is strong, especially coupled with Whip.....

You see... Fossilize is not a problem for stamina players, they break free, get a free stamina skill, then they roll-Dodge.... Fossilize is a pain for magica builds only... but not many players play magica in pvp.... And as result you get a rune cage Nerf as there are lots of stamina players who roll-dodge for defense.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

You see... Fossilize is not a problem for stamina players, they break free, get a free stamina skill, then they roll-Dodge.... Fossilize is a pain for magica builds only... but not many players play magica in pvp.... And as result you get a rune cage Nerf as there are lots of stamina players who roll-dodge for defense.

"Not a problem" - you mean not as problematic for stam builds as it is for mag builds. But being forced to use two defensive moves in succession also puts of stam builds - at least in no cp where no unchained passives saves you 80% of the cost of dodge.

BTW I doubt that "not many players play magica in pvp"
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Not a problem" - you mean not as problematic for stam builds as it is for mag builds. But being forced to use two defensive moves in succession also puts of stam builds - at least in no cp where no unchained passives saves you 80% of the cost of dodge.

I mean there are not many solo players with magica builds in pvp... Zerg groups is a different story you'll see lots of magica builds there but they are not really affected by fossilise nor rune cage.

Again I'm talking comparison here... everyone has to break free fossilise or any other cc... But it is less costly to do it on stamina builds, now roll-dodging the fossilise root is also giving you at least one dodged attack and root immunity...not a total waste of resources... While magica builds has to eat damage while rooted or they will not be able to break free next cc if they choose to dodge the root.

I'm telling you -fossilise is not targeted only because stamina builds are happy to counter it. Magica builds can't counter it...but there a too few magica players to complain about it...also fossilise is barely used as it works good only against solo magica builds.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean there are not many solo players with magica builds in pvp... Zerg groups is a different story you'll see lots of magica builds there but they are not really affected by fossilise nor rune cage.

Again I'm talking comparison here... everyone has to break free fossilise or any other cc... But it is less costly to do it on stamina builds, now roll-dodging the fossilise root is also giving you at least one dodged attack and root immunity...not a total waste of resources... While magica builds has to eat damage while rooted or they will not be able to break free next cc if they choose to dodge the root.

I'm telling you -fossilise is not targeted only because stamina builds are happy to counter it. Magica builds can't counter it...but there a too few magica players to complain about it...also fossilise is barely used as it works good only against solo magica builds.

You are not considering the optimal use of fossilize. Mag builds will not be dodge rolling often if ever, fossilize goes through dodge. Optimal use is to use fossilize after the opponent has begun their dodge roll, this functionally negates their first dodge while costing them stam, they then break free and dodge roll again within 4 seconds costing more stam. Yes the passive exists to ease that somewhat in CP PVP, but it is still extremely high stam cost against Medium armor stam users.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    When Defs nerf they not only stick the knife deep into your back but they also give it a couple of twist to make sure the pain is felt.

Rune Prison:
    Decreased the duration of the stun applied by this ability and its morphs to 3.5 seconds from 5 seconds.
    This ability and its morphs can now be dodged.
    Rune Cage (morph):
    Decreased the damage done from this ability by approximately 20%.
    This ability now only deals damage if the stun lasts for its full duration.

I play duelwield/resto and need the stun to pin down the enemy in order to line up my burst combo.
    How the hell am I suppose to pin you down when you can doge the skill???

I will now be forced change my build to ice/resto staff in order to be able to stun/root.
    Don't think many sorc will be running cage after this update because this skillwill now become utterly useless:(
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!