Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Whats a Good Setup for a Magicka Nightblade for Maelstrom Arena

Gedalya
Gedalya
✭✭✭✭✭
What is a good setup for a Magblade, for Maelstrom Areana? Specifically armour, skills, and CP. I've seen some good recommendations piece meal but a lot of what I see as for builds are usually outdated.
Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-nightblade-maelstrom-pve/

This build is still legit and easy to acquire. I'd skip mothers sorrow weapons as those things are going for 100k on xb but i got purple jewelry and 2 green body pieces for like 70-80k.

His Maelstrom mag blade build on his "main" page calls for Siroria (surprise surprise) and Mothers Sorrow but still uses Skoria and isn't much different skill wise (he doesn't use any psijic skills for instance).

He doesn't put any CP's into Expert Defender in The Lord, I've seen a few that do and it makes sense and you take a lot of hits from light or heavy attacks. You could also put points into bastion but what you gain in these two may not make up for what you'd lose in other spots, like spell shield.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BSW/ willpower/ perfected infused asylum inferno/ vma infused inferno

front bar- force pulse/ funnel health (or swallow soul)/ inner light/ impale/ merciless resolve Ult: soul harvest

back bar- blockade/ twisting path (or refreshing path)/ rearming trap/ cripple/ siphoning attacks Ult: destro ult

I suppose you'd just go with your standard blue cp and a balanced red cp maybe skewed a little bit towards resisting magic damage.

You'd probably want to drop cripple or trap for harness if you need a shield.

This is for score runs. I could only assume since it wasn't mention for skill/ experience level.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any combination of competent sets will be fine. Pick any two of these 5p sets and combine them: BSW, Julianos, Sorrow, Destruction Mastery. All paired with either Skoria or Grothdarr. If you're running an Asylum staff, you'll want Willpower plus a 5p set. The gear is sufficiently close that as long as you use decent competent sets, you won't really notice the difference.
    I'd skip mothers sorrow weapons as those things are going for 100k on xb but i got purple jewelry and 2 green body pieces for like 70-80k.
    You could just as easily run Julianos staves and MS body pieces.
    His Maelstrom mag blade build on his "main" page calls for Siroria (surprise surprise)
    Only a fool would use Siroria in a place as mobile as vMA (unless you're gear-swapping to it for a few specific fights).
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Any combination of competent sets will be fine. Pick any two of these 5p sets and combine them: BSW, Julianos, Sorrow, Destruction Mastery. All paired with either Skoria or Grothdarr. If you're running an Asylum staff, you'll want Willpower plus a 5p set. The gear is sufficiently close that as long as you use decent competent sets, you won't really notice the difference.
    I'd skip mothers sorrow weapons as those things are going for 100k on xb but i got purple jewelry and 2 green body pieces for like 70-80k.
    You could just as easily run Julianos staves and MS body pieces.
    His Maelstrom mag blade build on his "main" page calls for Siroria (surprise surprise)
    Only a fool would use Siroria in a place as mobile as vMA (unless you're gear-swapping to it for a few specific fights).

You can still leave the activated Siroria circle as long as you go back. I'd be more concerned with using Siroria because of that giant tower of light that has been complained about in various threads. I was not so much suggesting to use Siroria anymore than I was simply pointing out the call for it on Alcasts build page as an alternative to his beginner Maelstrom specific build.

I run Julianos staves and MS body pieces on my magblade, thats what i meant by skipping the MS weapons and going for jewelry+2 body pieces. Though through grinding lore books and world bosses in Deshaan, I've come to acquire a fair amount of MS gear, including a fire staff that needs transmute though.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:

✭✭✭
    I did mine with Bahraha's Curse (body, heavy chest, med legs); Skoria/Infernal/Grothdar; and BSW (weapon and jewelry) -- Then again, my magNB is a few set swaps from being tank/healer/dps. so I used half of the tanking set (and a slow and healing rune) half DPS. Though I have a fair amount of money dumped into this character (tri glyphs on big pieces) with food and 300+ CPs, I'm around 38-40k magicka 19-21k health, 13k stamina. (depends food choice, duo stat, or duo+recovery, or tristat.)

Bars was something like Impale, Funnel Health, crushing shock, Merciless, harness; destro ulti -- Wall of elements; cripple, refreshing path, weakness to elements, siphoning, soul tether/soul harvest (used tether for the aoe stun when you had a round with a lot of ads, like the double giant in the ice round. You can also put on sap essance if you want. had it for awhile didn't use it went back to cripple.). Don't know the CPs off the top of my head. But I know it's not the best for all roles, but it works, can pull a good amount of DPS and with all the healing and a bit tankier.

Might not work for some, but worked for me.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for great feedback; I have access to all end game gear so I'm thinking Grothdar, BSW, MS, with a Maelstrom Inferno Staff Nirnhoned. I haven't had any issues on my Mag Sorc but when doing this on my Mag Blade I feel like damage mitigation becomes a real issue for me; any thoughts on that?
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    Thanks for great feedback; I have access to all end game gear so I'm thinking Grothdar, BSW, MS, with a Maelstrom Inferno Staff Nirnhoned. I haven't had any issues on my Mag Sorc but when doing this on my Mag Blade I feel like damage mitigation becomes a real issue for me; any thoughts on that?

I'm working my way through with a magDK and honestly, I'm not sure how I'm going to do it on my magblade. Flappy wings is an absolute life saver. I haven't tried the morph that amplifies reflected damage yet.

However, magblades have swallow sould, refreshing path, and a few others that just sounds so lovely when all I have to heal is burning embers and coagulating blood. Don't get me wrong, they are strong heals but they are expensive and well, refreshing path heals you while you stand in it.

Scrubs:

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

He doesn't put any CP's into Expert Defender in The Lord, I've seen a few that do and it makes sense and you take a lot of hits from light or heavy attacks.

Does Expert Defender work in PvE?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you use Reaper's Mark? Not exactly mitigation, but on a trash mob it produces a huge heal, as well as potentially paying for itself in damage because of the Major Berserk.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just to leave information here - I think that starting with Wolfhunter update, it's more damage to run infused inferno on the backbar with damage glyph, since after bar-swap the glyph will be firing every 2 seconds with Wall of Elements damage ticks. I moved to infused vMA inferno with fire glyph on the back.

Also, Grothdarr is good, but keep another monster helm set ready to be swapped in for argonian stage, because Grothdarr will keep killing the minder with the shield.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using mother's sorrow + bsw + grothdarr, and getting good scores with it
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He doesn't put any CP's into Expert Defender in The Lord, I've seen a few that do and it makes sense and you take a lot of hits from light or heavy attacks.

Does Expert Defender work in PvE?

I imagine it does...you take heavy attacks and light attacks from things. If it doesn't i'm respec'ing tonight.

Scrubs:

✭✭✭✭✭
    @FrancisCrawford after a quick search, it doesn't work in PvE. Looking at Joy's CP spec's and re-reading her walkthrough, it appears he/she kept their CP's from PVP, thus the Expert Defender points.

I'm pulling my points out of expert defender.

Scrubs:

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @FrancisCrawford after a quick search, it doesn't work in PvE. Looking at Joy's CP spec's and re-reading her walkthrough, it appears he/she kept their CP's from PVP, thus the Expert Defender points.

I'm pulling my points out of expert defender.

I made the same mistake, and only recently realized the error. :)
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His Maelstrom mag blade build on his "main" page calls for Siroria (surprise surprise) and Mothers Sorrow but still uses Skoria and isn't much different skill wise (he doesn't use any psijic skills for instance).
    siroria is pretty damn bad in vMA where you move alot and dont get your stacks up. and between rounds they fall off so you cant even maintain them properly.

if you want a super generic build that still works you just get burning spellweave jewelry + 2 burning spellweave body pieces of choice, craft 5 pieces of julianos (2x staves (front/backbar) + 3 body pieces of choice) and then go for any DPS monsterset (skoria, grothdarr, hell even ilambris if thats the only thing you have)

And for cp just go to alcasts nightblade build. Disclaimer: they arent 100% optimized but they are a good starting point.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on August 19, 2018 7:34AM
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    siroria is pretty damn bad in vMA where you move alot and dont get your stacks up. and between rounds they fall off so you cant even maintain them properly.

if you want a super generic build that still works you just get burning spellweave jewelry + 2 burning spellweave body pieces of choice, craft 5 pieces of julianos (2x staves (front/backbar) + 3 body pieces of choice) and then go for any DPS monsterset (skoria, grothdarr, hell even ilambris if thats the only thing you have)

And for cp just go to alcasts nightblade build. Disclaimer: they arent 100% optimized but they are a good starting point.

I should have clarified, that it was not his listed build for vMA. My mistake

Scrubs: