The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are people ready for a new class yet?

• DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Revokus wrote: »
    This is ESO, not WoW or FFXIV. The right question would be:

"Are people ready for a new skill line yet?"

That is, no more classes, but SKILL LINES!
    No more races, but SKINS!

This ain’t Skyrim either. You just got psijic and well.. none of my toons use it because it’s worst than magden lol and really really really situational.

Yeah, this ain't Skyrim, WoW or FFXIV. This is ESO. Warden was the last class, which was to come in 2014.

Is not it worth using Psijic? Buff it! No matter how powerful it will be, skill lines will never be P2W.

Also, give us Spellcrafting.

you realize how many classes elder scrolls lore actually has?? so were gonna get a few more classes before long. its inevitable and i cant wait for necromancer to pop
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    A new class would be cool. But honestly ZoS needs to balance and fix current classes before they introduce another one.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    A new class would be cool. But honestly ZoS needs to balance and fix current classes before they introduce another one.

the thing is the more classes the easier itd be to balance the game. the main balance issue is everything counters everything but with so few classes and abilties theres only so much they can nerf. if they brought in many more classes balancing would be alot easier
  • xlemonlaw
    xlemonlaw
    No
    Ready ^^
    Edited by xlemonlaw on August 14, 2018 7:06PM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I'm ready, the game not so much.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • DedEmbryonicCell19
    DedEmbryonicCell19
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, in fact the more the merrier ..

I'd rather do away with classes altogether and be able to pick whatever skill I want, but if we don't get to have that then new classes can come out as often as possible ..
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    But it's not a question of whether we're ready - it's on ZOS, and I don't think they could manage another one right now.

I do, however, think a couple more weapon skill/lines would be just lovely.
    Edited by Tonturri on August 14, 2018 8:21PM
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It doesn't NEED a new one, but I think one more would be nice. If nothing else, for my OCD when seeing the blank spot on the class selection rows. :P
    In all seriousness though, I actually wouldn't mind one more at some point.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    More options is better and more fun.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

no it isn't...

e.g....

do you want fries with that?

or crisps?

or chips?

or frites?

• Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

no it isn't...

e.g....

or crisps?

or chips?

or frites?

Yes it is!

Sometimes I like fries

Other times I prefer tater tots.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Osteos wrote: »

no it isn't...

e.g....

or crisps?

or chips?

or frites?

Yes it is!

Sometimes I like fries

Other times I prefer tater tots.

I like being given the whole potato and making it into anything I want, instead of just being offered a few selections that someone else cooks.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

no it isn't...

e.g....

or crisps?

or chips?

or frites?
    I don't want to be forced to have only fries and nothing else, thanks. The same limited menu all the time gets dull after a while.

Edited by SydneyGrey on August 14, 2018 9:58PM
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Memnock wrote: »
    This is not wow or rift or whatever , there are already too many classess in the game ( at least from my POV ).

There should be skill lines like the psigic thing in the game , that i am all for , but new class that is a definite NO.

People keep asking for new skill lines instead of new classes, but where are we supposed to put these new skills? Personally, I hate the idea of new skill lines because thanks to the tiny hotbars there's not enough room for what we already have.

New classes, yes. New skill lines, no thanks - unless we get a hotbar setup that isn't pigeonholed for consoles.
    Edited by Drachenfier on August 14, 2018 9:41PM
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Memnock wrote: »
    This is not wow or rift or whatever , there are already too many classess in the game ( at least from my POV ).

There should be skill lines like the psigic thing in the game , that i am all for , but new class that is a definite NO.

People keep asking for new skill lines instead of new classes, but where are we supposed to put these new skills? Personally, I hate the idea of new skill lines because thanks to the tiny hotbars there's not enough room for what we already have.

New classes, yes. New skill lines, no thanks - unless we get a hotbar setup that isn't pigeonholed for consoles.

Where would you put skills from new classes on new characters?

Once you answer that you will have the answer as to where to put skills from new skill lines.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • amith
    amith
    ✭✭
    No
    No, get rid of all classes - let us just do it the Elder Scrolls way - choose your own three skill bars..
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No... adding a new class to the game just means watering down and removing defining features for existing classes to make room for the new one (at least going by ZOS past track record...)
    Edited by leeux on August 14, 2018 10:46PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no it isn't...

e.g....

or crisps?

or chips?

or frites?

[/quote]

Perfect example right here. So instead of playing ESO we go else where because we can play something different.

So basically everyone should play the same old same old all the time and nothing new?
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    We've been ready for Necromancer since before warden.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Lol to "Class balance is already bad as it is"

You have seen that ZOS literally does not care in the slightest about balance, and to boot this isn't a competitive FPS or a MOBA so balance really isn't that necessary.

Besides, all balance is to anyone on this forum is nerfing people that aren't you until they roll over and die so no thank you. Balance was just fine around launch-1.6 ish because classes had their own niche and counters.

Now everything is just the same.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    We need spell crafting, not new classes. Either that or just remove classes and let us pick 3 skill trees.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Hey!!!

Where was the "other"?!?!?!?!?!?

Because I want the class system dismantled - limit to using skills from three "class" "lines", but other than that, you can learn anything.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Maryal wrote: »
    No new class ... but ... I hope they give some luv to vampire like they did to WW (even though I'm not a vampire and never have been, but if the class got some luv ... then maybe I'd change my mind).

Vampire isnt a Class.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If you don't want a new class, don't play it if it comes. ESO has so many idiots and weirdos that it blows the mind.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not til they're finished with the other ones.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

This ain’t Skyrim either. You just got psijic and well.. none of my toons use it because it’s worst than magden lol and really really really situational.

lolwut? Psijic Order skills are BiS on every magicka DPS build.

Elemental Weapon is the best magicka spammable in the game. Channeled Acceleration is the best minor force skill for ranged DPS.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 14, 2018 11:59PM
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not but a new race would be cool.
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Magicka Warden. 'Nuff said.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes please.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

lolwut? Psijic Order skills are BiS on every magicka DPS build.

Elemental Weapon is the best magicka spammable in the game. Channeled Acceleration is the best minor force skill for ranged DPS.

umm my frost reach in pvp is far better on my magden and crushing shock on my sorc so..and yeah puncturing sweep on templar too..but I guess I forgot to mention I mostly pvp. And on my PVE mageblade I still kept funnel health..the only thing psijic is good for is give a semblance of hope for Magplar but even then mist form is better.. I could maybe but time stop on my templar and that's it LOL.
    Playing since January 23, 2016