The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are people ready for a new class yet?

Yamakaziing
Yamakaziing
✭✭✭

Are people ready for a new class yet? 396 votes

Yes
41%
rfennell_ESOGilvothvailjohn_ESOtheyanceyCaligamy_ESOZardaynedaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOotis67hedna123b14_ESOGrekhAnimus-ESOSarevok_AnchevDarcyMardinHanokihsOsteospantaro30MalnutritionHrogunshauny.gibbsb16_ESOValve 166 votes
No
58%
Solarikenchimneyswift_ESOdodgehopper_ESODeadlyRecluseGalenAcrolasDaveMoeDeeGreevirLonePiratePheefsWhiteCoatSyndromewenchmore420b14_ESOTaonnorTryxusGythraljedtb16_ESOYakidafithomas1970b16_ESOdennissomb16_ESOPaulhewhewria 230 votes
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Just improve and balance the current ones please.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    No
    This is not wow or rift or whatever , there are already too many classess in the game ( at least from my POV ).

There should be skill lines like the psigic thing in the game , that i am all for , but new class that is a definite NO.

Ah , almost forgot , spell crafting has been rumored to be in implemented at some point or another , so basically that would mean a huge injection of spells and skills without the restriction of a class , so more builds and more diversity. Hope that one happens as well at some point :smiley:
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

With how both Warden and Psijic skill line turned out: no!

A new class would be hard to introduce without gimping those that already exist. My MagWarden feels rather powerless compared to MagSorc and MagTemplar. Warden isn't bad by itself, but lacks tools to actually do those roles that which those originally classes where focused on.
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think what ZOS could (and should) do to help expand the depth of each class is to add one or two more skills to each of the Class's skill lines.

That option would be better in my opinion as it could be used to address balance issues and specific class pain points.
    Edited by Raraaku on August 14, 2018 11:04AM
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Fix what we have first.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • bitels
    bitels
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    With absolute lack of balance between classes we have now, i would say its way to early to introduce new class
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Always
    PC EU
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No new class ... but ... I hope they give some luv to vampire like they did to WW (even though I'm not a vampire and never have been, but if the class got some luv ... then maybe I'd change my mind).
    Edited by Maryal on August 14, 2018 11:31AM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Make the current ones more enjoyable to play. Warden was a classic case of 'a new class' that was a balance nightmare.

It couldn't be made more usefull in PVP or PVE or it would become broken or useless in the other. That's not something we need more of.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    With the amount of B****ing how Wardens aren't good enough considering "I have paid for it", I would not want another reason for players to ask for P2W classes.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would rather see effort put into expanding and polishing the current classes.

Things like another skill line, more morphs, an additional tier of morphs (2x2 grid of combinations? yes please!), more coherent presentation of how each class's themed playstyle meshes with the game's roles, or maybe even some work to make hybrid DPS builds viable.
    Edited by pauli133 on August 14, 2018 11:52AM
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Absolutely NOT! Fix the warden first, and even then trust has gone that they can actually do a new class at all.
    The warden wasn't new but was created at games release and its still trash.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Only if it's a Sorcblade Knight along with 4 more character slots.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes we need Spirit Wardens..
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no , warden is still messed up and they wont nerf anything about it since they want people to keep buying it. Enough already. Fix the current issues. We dont need anything new until the game is fixed.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Cause the last new class is sooooo good? No thank you.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope because warden doesn’t even feel finished.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    all i need is a passive skil that turns daggers into magicka weapons
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They need to make sure the ones they have are interesting and fun first before taking possible interesting skills and giving it to a new class.

I'd rather have a new weapon line even after all that.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    forums aint ready, the PEOPLE are! :-)

who doesn't love variety!?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I am big on fixing the game first but i think we do need more than 5 classes to add some more variety not only to play but to fight against. Keeps the game more fresh i think.
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. Give me my necromancer. Waiting on the devs to "balance" the game is a pipe dream. They're more concerned with gambling boxes than balance. Might as well give me my necromancer...at least then i can borrow my head in the sand and play my favorite class.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes!
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'd expect one on the next chapter release, at the very earliest.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Always. Necromancer for the win ! You don’t want a new class ? Fine don’t play it or go home. Stop blocking people who want cool dead things to play with :*
    Edited by Revokus on August 14, 2018 1:38PM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Why not introduce new class skills for the existing class?
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sorry but I'm going to have to lean YES. Even though I'm a Magden and I can definitely say they still havent helped us yet, I'm also a vet MMO gamer for 20+ years that understands there has never been a balanced MMO in history. If we waited for everything to be fixed and balanced we'd never see new content.

I'm all for new skill lines too. Bring em on! Anything to keep the game fresh after 4 years.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I answered no because I don't want even more reasons to change how skills and armor work.

TBH, I do enjoy having more classes. But I hate the constant rebalancing. Even worse is all the crying in the forum about imbalances. More classes seem like further reason to make all the classes more similar in how they actually play.

There is also the problem of any new class possibly making an old class obsolete for certain content.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    This is ESO, not WoW or FFXIV. The right question would be:

"Are people ready for a new skill line yet?"

That is, no more classes, but SKILL LINES!
    No more races, but SKINS!
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Warden tells you why...

Adding more mess to the morass wont fix the underpinning issues

Lets actually be able to tell which class we are playing and not just by the colour of the mess on screen
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy